TiGi Urban Antidotes Resurrection

3.7

on 6/15/2012 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Makes hair rather soft and shiny. This pruduct has a vibrant smell, it's very fruity, sort of like pineapple. At first I liked it, but after using it a couple of weeks I can't stand it. The product does not make my hair look less damaged, it is not moisturizing enough on my dry ends. The roots get a bit greasy, and it weights down my hair. Makes my scalp itchy. This shampoo is too heavy for me, though it could be suitable for people that has coarse, thin hair and a non-sensetive scalp.

on 5/20/2012 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only thing to give moisture back to my extremely damaged hair. My favorite shampoo and conditoner.

on 4/6/2012 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm pleased with my Urban Antidotes Resurrection tweens. These are my favourites. Each successive purchase from TIGI is better than my previous.
I started with Control freak, Pink Catwalk Tweens ( don't remember name), which smelled fantastic - like sweet mint bubblegum, Dumb Blode Tweens, Sleek Mistique tweens.
Smell reminds me candy, it is very tasty and nice, I should say it is very persistent, compared with drugstore products, I really like that.
I have wavy, hidroscopic hair, with dry ends. They are also very thick, till chests. These tweens are perfect, they give me moisturazing, smoothness, shine, but there is one thing. I noted it after using these products abouth month. First day my hair is nice, like I said - moisturized, smooth etc., but next day they are much more dryer, not so shiny and smooth. This is one minus of this shampoo. I purchased Tigi bed head after party, I red all these coments, and I thought that would be the perfect combination for me, but for repentance for me it's nothing special. It just doesn't do mirracles, like all said! Maybe my hair is just stupid.

After all this, I can say, that I love it, but I don't have the feel, that this product treats my hair. Yes, it protects my hair, but I don't see or feel improvements.

Salon consultant recomended to use, even the cheapest, hair mask, because just condicioner and shampoo can't give what I want. I had to fill and feed my hair. So I searched in Latvian forums (I'm Latvian) for some 'cheap miracle' and I purchase hair mask for incredible price in russian cosmetic store. It do quite same job like Urban Antidotes, It haven't fancy smell and I have to use product a little more than tigi, but the effect lasts longer. Russkoe pole onion mask is my cheapest trick. It costs about 2$ for 250ml.

on 2/21/2012 8:01:00 PM

Love this! Gives my hair volume and makes it soft and shiny. I've been getting a lot more compliments on my hair since I've been using this!

on 1/29/2012 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I bought this to replace my Foxy Curls shampoo & conditioner as it has been discontinued and didn't think much of it. I have tried so many different brands to find a shapoo that moisturises my hair and this was very average for my highly bleached and treated hair.

Smell great like all bedhead products but I do not believe it does what it says it will. Bedhead have so many great products so this one for me was a real disappointment.

Not the worst shampoo I've used but I would definitly not rate it. I wish I could have rated it 2.5 because 3 stars is being very generous.

Even the matching conditioner was nothing special

Ok, have to change my review on this... What I loved about this product went horribly wrong after a few weeks of using it. It dried my hair out completely. The first few uses were amazing! But, after a while my hair was dry and frizzy. Split ends and horrible fall out.. Maybe my hair got too used to it? My hair tends to suck up any and all moisture it can get. Too bad too, I loved the smell. :(

Let me start this off by saying I don't believe in miracle products. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa. I was walking around my local TJ Maxx the other day Perusing the products when this bright red bottle caught my eye. Huge pump bottles. I had to smell the product. I had to have them on smell alone. Smells like fresh strawberries and pineapples to me. Very yummy! Gladly the smell isn't the only thing this stuff has going for it! My hair can best be described as a sponge. I started going grey at the ripe old age of 17. Ya, seriously. So I have been coloring my hair for over 20 years.. Dry, frizzy, mess. I usually get a keratin treatment every few months but haven't been able to afford it right now since the Holidays pretty much wiped me out. This stuff has left my hair feeling amazingly healthy and bouncy. Bouncy! I haven't had bounce in my hair since, well... Ya, seriously it has been that long! lol. I wouldn't call it a miracle product but it is as close to one that I have ever used. The shampoo and conditioner work very well together. The bottles are so huge I don't see my self having to repurchase for a while. If you have hair like mine you might want to check this stuff out. I've only used it twice but I can tell it will only help my hair get better with a few more uses. Very happy I found it. Saved myself 300.00 bucks on a keratin treatment. I'll reevaluate after a few more uses. But for now I am in love. :)

*quick update*
I was a right. A few more uses and my hair is more manageable than it has been in years. The ends are still a bit fried but nothing like they had been. It looks like it did when I had my first keratin treatment. Soft and smooth. No fly-aways and shiny! I'll keep this updated.. See how long until it repairs the damage or if it will at all. :)

on 12/12/2011 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

It makes my hair really shiny and smells incredible! I'm not sure if it has actually repaired my hair, but it makes it look great. Obviously as an intense shampoo and conditioner it may weigh hair down, and will make it more greasy than a clarifying shampoo and conditioner for example.

I have noticed that my hair has been a lot knottier recently, which I saw some other people has said too, I'm not sure if that's anything to do with the products but it might be!

Not sure if I would repurchase again, but would consider it if I could get it cheap from Internet beauty product sites :)

on 11/1/2011 4:20:00 PM

Brought this product after reading the reviews on here - aswell as others and thought it would be a good buy and I'd finally found my HG s & c. The product smells lush, however I'm not overly sure on the product. I have thick course curly hair, with quite damaged ends, but after getting out the shower- only 5mins or so - I find my hair starts to randomly Frizz?! Even when I hadn't dried it? Even though my hair looks stronger, it hasn't repaired any of it, and certainly doesn't moisturise my hair, and I condition it twice!! It also leaves it really notty? I still have 3/4 of it left and might carry on to see if anything changes.

If anyone finds a great product that really works, please let me know :)

on 10/17/2011 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very damaged hair at the ends due to bleaching, and could hardly brush my hair through without it breaking off before I used this. It smells like pineapple sweets and the shampoo lathers really well. While I don't think it has repaired my hair, I do feel my hair is in better condition and I can brush it through now. I have the conditioner too which is just as good! I have the large pump bottles which I got on offer at 16 for both so I got a good deal. I'd recommend if you need a good quality shampoo and conditioner. I have also used superstar and love the planet leave in conditioners but feel this set is the best

on 10/7/2011 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not sure why but after switching from Urban Antidotes # 2 (Recovery) shampoo/conditioner to # 3 (Resurrection) I found that my hair lost its shine and softness and became very staticy. After blowdrying my hair looked greasy and dull which I thought was because I might have not washed out my hair properly. This was not the case. I switched back to # 2 (Recovery-blue bottle) and after a few washes my hair returned back to normal...soft, shiny, lots of volume, and no static! Not sure what the deal is, I was sure Resurrection would be even better than Recovery!! :S

Popular Shampoos