July 31, 2014 | 2016 users online

Mascara - MAC - False Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by spiffingly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Received this mascara as a gift and switched over to it from my regular go-to Maybelline mascara (for now!)
I love the shape of the tube; it's chunky and you can get a good grip on it.
The mascara itself goes on insanely well and you don't need multiply applications. My eyelashes definitely look fuller and darker.

I'm not the hugest fan of the wand shape; it's a bit clunky so I can't maneuver it everywhere. I usually end up working with the middle part of my eyelashes as a result.
It also tends to smudge below my eyes.

Overall, I do really like this product, but I'll willingly switch to another mascara once I find one better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I purchased this mascara this past weekend. I was originally looking for Zoom lash, but I found this one on sale when at some outlets for $14.50, so I thought I would give it a go.

I love it so far! The brush is perfect. I'll never understand why companies think that a huge ridiculous brush is necessary to create volume. This brush is on the small side, with the traditional bristles. The formula is more on the dry side, which I prefer. The tube isn't MAC's traditional matte black, but more of a shiny black. The one thing I can't stand about this mascara, is the wand handle. It makes it very hard to twirl the brush while putting the mascara on because of it's awkward shape.

It's very hard to put this mascara on without getting it somewhere it doesn't belong. That combined with the wand handle is why this mascara doesn't get 5 lippies.

I do find that this mascara gives great, super dark volume and length with minimal coats. It can clump a little, but not enough that it's really an issue. Any mascara that gives a decent amount of unnatural looking volume will clump. I also found that this mascara has a weird smell. You can smell it a little after you put it on, but it's not bothersome to me at all. It fades when the mascara dries completely.

Overall, it's a great dark black, lengthening, volumizing mascara with a crappy wand handle. I've learned there is no "perfect" mascara. If you want perfect lashes with minimal effort and spectacular packaging, buy false ones. I'd buy this again for sure though. It's probably my favorite mascara right now. We'll see how long one tube lasts.

P.S. - Those are my lashes in the picture above!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by p030jle

Don't know if anyone remembers, but this was originally a Prescriptive's mascara. When estee lauder shut down Prescriptive's they took the formula and gave it a MAC sku.

I was not a fan of the mascara at Prescriptive's nor am I a fan of it at Mac.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara was surprisingly disappointing for me as it didn't deliver anything close to a 'false lash' effect. It did add a little length, smidge of volume, and decent separation even with 4 to 5 coats. Personally not a mascara I'll buy again and it's gone straight into my Back 2 Mac pile.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by olia041983

I dont know what the inventors over at MAC were thinking when they decided to name this mascara False Lash. Whether you get it in original version or the extreme black it SUCKS SO SO BAD! IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU A FALSE LASH LOOK OF LASHES!! Its so far from looking full and long that its irritating they named it false lash. Honestly their Opulash mascara give more volume and length than this none sense. No matter how many coats you put on it will never give good results.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by noaa01

I like this mascara a lot. The only problem is I feel like its really dry, so the mascara left in the tube is already pretty dry. Other than that it works really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by predhead33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this mascara! Best MAC mascara I have tried so far. I have also tried Studio Fix (hated it) and Plush Lash (brush way too big.) This makes my lashes long and luscious and barely clumps at all. My lashes are naturally long anyway so I always run a lash comb through them after applying any mascara. Doesn't smudge on its own but is definitely not waterproof (don't wear in any situations where you might cry!) Hasn't irritated my contacts or anything, will definitely buy this again even though it's triple the price of my usual Covergirl Lashblast!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by honeylavender

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not a bad mascara in terms of all the mascaras I've ever used, but is it bad for the price? Yes. (1) The formula doesn't bond to my lashes well and I have to put 3 or 4 coats on before I'm satisfied that I've got enough on. Which means, not a very good volume ratio. (2) It anti-curls my lashes. While it's marketed as curling, I've noticed that it has the effect of taking away the curl that I achieve with my curler once I put it on. I don't now if it's because of the formula or the weight, but either way, not good. (3) I don't know the brush. It doesn't seem to distribute the product evenly down to the ends of my lashes. I have to twirl it in a really strange way to get it to work properly and that takes WAY too much effort.

All in all, not a product I would buy again. Sad, because I wanted to like it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by lins21

I liked this mascara but i def didnt love it. I already have great lashes and this just didnt do much of anything. it has a greatbrush and if i put on 5 coats of it, it just barely worked. I def prefer loreal million lashes and always end up back with loreal.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by BazookaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like a lot of folks here on MUA I am on a quest for my HG mascara. I've been through probably dozens of brands in the last ten or so years and it was very recently that I really got "into" makeup. I was in Macy's and was walking by the MAC counter, got curious, and after talking to one of the sales reps there he recommended this to me.

My lashes: There, but not super full. Kind of a medium brown color, about average length.

What I want: VaVaVoom.

This mostly fits the job. One coat and you can certainly see my lashes better. They are fuller, they stand out, and if I take the time to do more than one coat they look a lot longer too. I don't think there's as much drama as I'm looking for, and if I'm going for hugenormous lashes and have time I'll go ahead and put on falsies. I'm still going to keep an eye out for my perfect mascara, but until "the one" shows up in my life, I'll be using this one.

I would have given this a five star, but the one thing that bugs me about this product is that it can smudge very easily. I live in the southeast United States, where heat and humidity in the summer are ridiculous on a good day, so if I wear this mascara out I find myself looking in the mirror a good bit more often than I would to make sure I don't have raccoon eyes.