October 25, 2014 | 938 users online

Mascara - MAC - False Lashes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This will not make you look like you're wearing false lashes.
In fact, there is NO mascara that will, but this mascara isn't even close. For my black short, straight, somewhat thick eyelashes, this mascara really doesn't do much except clump. Sure, it gives a fraction of a millimeter of extra length, and it does give that "Extreme Black" color that it promises and a bit of "volume" too (some mistaken clumping for "volume"), but that's nothing I can't get from one of my crappy mascaras.
This mascara probably won't be any good unless you already have naturally long, curled, and full lashes and use an eyelash comb.
On the bright side, this isn't a particularly horrible mascara, and I haven't noticed any clumping, smudging, flaking, or irritation. For that reason, I'm going to spare it that extra lipstick (rating).
I'm accustomed to high-end prices, but its $20 price tag doesn't justify its poor performance.
Would I repurchase? No.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Macjunkie101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely not a wowing mascara and I wasn't very impressed with it at all.

Pros....

-Cute packaging.

-Nice brush , not too small and not too large.

-The formulation isn't very wet feeling which I appreciate.

Cons....

-Doesn't doesn't do a great job at separating my lashes and instead leaves them looking more clumpy than I'd prefer.

-Gives a spidery affect to my lashes.

-Doesn't give the illusion of false eyelashes.

-Adds very minimal volume and not much length either.

Overall I just wasn't impressed with how well this mascara worked and will be returning it in the Back 2 Mac program.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by spinacha

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. It is a decent mascara, but you have to work with it. It doesn't seperate lashes whatsoever, and it caused "spider lashes". It didn't "wow" me the way I expected it to.

Pros:
- Super cute packaging; top looks like a bottle
- Does kind of give the look of false lashes
- Looks great on bottom lashes

Cons:
- Acoholy smell
- The formula is black, but not "extreme black" as the name indicates
- Not an easy formula to work with. I found I had to comb through my lashes more than usual to prevent them for sticking together, and that they were prone to "spider-lash" with a second coat. If you work with this mascara, it will give a beautiful faned lash, but it takes more effort than usual

I won't be repurchasing this mascara, primarily because of the alcoholy smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by spiffingly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Received this mascara as a gift and switched over to it from my regular go-to Maybelline mascara (for now!)
I love the shape of the tube; it's chunky and you can get a good grip on it.
The mascara itself goes on insanely well and you don't need multiply applications. My eyelashes definitely look fuller and darker.

I'm not the hugest fan of the wand shape; it's a bit clunky so I can't maneuver it everywhere. I usually end up working with the middle part of my eyelashes as a result.
It also tends to smudge below my eyes.

Overall, I do really like this product, but I'll willingly switch to another mascara once I find one better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I purchased this mascara this past weekend. I was originally looking for Zoom lash, but I found this one on sale when at some outlets for $14.50, so I thought I would give it a go.

I love it so far! The brush is perfect. I'll never understand why companies think that a huge ridiculous brush is necessary to create volume. This brush is on the small side, with the traditional bristles. The formula is more on the dry side, which I prefer. The tube isn't MAC's traditional matte black, but more of a shiny black. The one thing I can't stand about this mascara, is the wand handle. It makes it very hard to twirl the brush while putting the mascara on because of it's awkward shape.

It's very hard to put this mascara on without getting it somewhere it doesn't belong. That combined with the wand handle is why this mascara doesn't get 5 lippies.

I do find that this mascara gives great, super dark volume and length with minimal coats. It can clump a little, but not enough that it's really an issue. Any mascara that gives a decent amount of unnatural looking volume will clump. I also found that this mascara has a weird smell. You can smell it a little after you put it on, but it's not bothersome to me at all. It fades when the mascara dries completely.

Overall, it's a great dark black, lengthening, volumizing mascara with a crappy wand handle. I've learned there is no "perfect" mascara. If you want perfect lashes with minimal effort and spectacular packaging, buy false ones. I'd buy this again for sure though. It's probably my favorite mascara right now. We'll see how long one tube lasts.

P.S. - Those are my lashes in the picture above!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by p030jle

Don't know if anyone remembers, but this was originally a Prescriptive's mascara. When estee lauder shut down Prescriptive's they took the formula and gave it a MAC sku.

I was not a fan of the mascara at Prescriptive's nor am I a fan of it at Mac.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara was surprisingly disappointing for me as it didn't deliver anything close to a 'false lash' effect. It did add a little length, smidge of volume, and decent separation even with 4 to 5 coats. Personally not a mascara I'll buy again and it's gone straight into my Back 2 Mac pile.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by olia041983

I dont know what the inventors over at MAC were thinking when they decided to name this mascara False Lash. Whether you get it in original version or the extreme black it SUCKS SO SO BAD! IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU A FALSE LASH LOOK OF LASHES!! Its so far from looking full and long that its irritating they named it false lash. Honestly their Opulash mascara give more volume and length than this none sense. No matter how many coats you put on it will never give good results.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by noaa01

I like this mascara a lot. The only problem is I feel like its really dry, so the mascara left in the tube is already pretty dry. Other than that it works really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by predhead33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this mascara! Best MAC mascara I have tried so far. I have also tried Studio Fix (hated it) and Plush Lash (brush way too big.) This makes my lashes long and luscious and barely clumps at all. My lashes are naturally long anyway so I always run a lash comb through them after applying any mascara. Doesn't smudge on its own but is definitely not waterproof (don't wear in any situations where you might cry!) Hasn't irritated my contacts or anything, will definitely buy this again even though it's triple the price of my usual Covergirl Lashblast!