April 24, 2014 | 929 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by NorthQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have 40 year old acne prone skin. Never had acne as a teenager but have struggled with it for the last decade. I have stubborn blackheads on my nose that are next to impossible to get rid of. I have spent more money then then I like to think about on my face with treatments and expensive skincare systems. I just received the Olay Prox for Christmas and have used it morning and night for the last 5 days. It is amazing!! My blackheads are going away and my skin is soft. I was scared it would make me break out because my skin is very sensitive also. So far so good. Loving the product. My only complaint would be that Olay should have included more information on their skin care.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

Let me start off by saying I don't review skin care products because I've never found any THAT worth raving about......until now. As a 45 year old who grew up almost never having a blemish the last several years it caught up with me and I have always gotten a few hormonal pimples and such with every single period the last few years. Until now. I received this in a swap along with the pro x exfoliating cleanser. I use it daily and hVd for a month or so and this month I don't have a single bump on my face. It's perfect like I'd always been use to. I've also noticed my skin feels former and looks more glowy. I love, love, love this. I am going to remain a loyal user from now on. Time to rid of all
Of my zillions of other facial cleansers. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by gwb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Well worth the money product from Olay, which I never tried any of an Olay product before. After reading so many reviews here I decided to buy one searched everywhere, nowhere had it. I ordered from amazon, waited like 2 weeks to come, and it finally arrived.
Then that weekend i saw a huge pile of this product stocked up in my local super-cheap supermarket:((

Anyway, first off all i was not sure about how the 2 small baterries will make this little gadget work and deeply cleanse my face. But when I tried on it was magic, it came with the cleansing product in a smallish tube as well, so I got a great result on my first trial. I even noticed my unfortunate pigmentation marks slightly faded away, which I never expected this kind of result, as this is one of my facial skin concern, other than that I have pretty good skin. But again the reason I bought this was completely deep cleansing.
I wish I bought this thing before just like oral b electronic tooth brush, it cleanses whole face in no time in deepest way possible. It has 2 speed options, i use slow one and it has enough power to deeply do the job.

I highly recommend everyone to give this little beauty a try, especially who are thinking of buying the rather expensive clarisonic brush. Cause this is what I was initially thinking about it after having a nightmare dermalogica facial here in Auckland, and after feeling $100 dollars lighter and every part of my face pimples still comfortably sitting on their existing holes on my face. I think I will never have a facial in this city again. Now I have this product that I am very pleased with.

The rotating brush comes of with a simple click action, so you can clean the brush and dry it after each use, otherwise hahha in this silly place it will be covered in black mould!!! after 3 use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by craziedaizie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought the Olay Professional Pro-X a few days ago and have only used it 4 or 5 times, but I can already see improvement in my skin tone, texture, and the number of clogged pores I have! I don't want to jinx it, but I think this is a wonderful tool and I am so excited something is finally working for all of the stubborn blackheads in my T-zone.

I'm not using the cleanser that came with it because I don't want to risk having an adverse reaction, but my own cleanser (Nelson's Homeopathic) works well with the brush. I also use the OCM so I've tried using jojoba oil and the brush really massaged it into my pores.

I do have very sensitive skin and Olay Pro-X is not irritating my skin at all! I definitely recommend this to people who have combination skin because it really helps soften the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by jferraro89

I have had troubled skin since I was a teenager and have never found a solution which I was happy with. From the age of 14-23 I was prescribed numerous topical gels and creams to try and clear up my skin. It was never a terrible issue, but always had bothered me. One of my dermatologists went as far as to recommend accutane but I opted out when it came time for us to start the process. Last summer I stopped taking benzaclin and figured I would just live with it because I didn't think it was really helping. Then last Monday I figured I would go ahead and try the Olay Cleansing System because I've heard wonderful things about it in the past and had done some research on it prior to purchasing. Tomorrow will mark one week that I have owned this cleansing system and I am ecstatic about the results thus far. My skin has never looked so clear or healthy. Every other night I take off my makeup with remover wipes, use the cleanser, use toner and then moisturize. I cannot say enough good things about this product and it is crazy to think I've only used it 4 times. Amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super dry, flaky skin so obviously exfoliating is my middle name and I'd really been wanting to try the Clairisonic but had heard mixed reviews and didn't want to drop $200 on a system I didn't know would work for me or not. So I figured this $30 thingamajig would be a nice replacement but this system really disappointed me.

I immediately threw away the little cleanser that came with it because it smelled funny but I jumped straight in with my regular cleanser and have been using it religiously ever since. While it hasn't made me break out or anything, it just hasn't done anything! The brush is flat and so it doesn't get into those hard to reach nooks and crannies by your nose and it's just...not fast enough to feel like it's really cleaning anything. I switched from a cream cleanser to an exfoliating one with little beads, just in hope of getting a little bit more of a scrubbed feeling but to no avail.

If you're looking for a gentle exfoliant, this might be your tool but for me, I honestly felt like I got a better clean with those little flat rubber exfoliating pad. I'll probably keep using this for a while just to see if anything improves but I think I'm gonna stop by Sephora and get one of those pad things.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was lemming for a Clarisonic but I couldn’t justify the expense with Christmas looming. Anyhoo I love this!
After I use (with Clarins shea butter cleanser)my skin is so smooth. I also love to use this after wearing Shiseido’s sun protection foundation. That stuff is awesome but so hard to remove. When I have worn that Shiseido foundation I oil cleanse, normal cleanse and then use this. The head shows foundation colored foam after. Very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by claresmum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I may be premature, but this thing gets a lot of dirt off. I just tied the Cleaning System for the first time. I tried it after I had already done what I thought was a thorough job of cleaning my face. There was still quite a bit of dirt that showed up on the cleaning pad. Great so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i love this product, well actually the one for even skin tone (blue box). i decided to get this after researching clarisonic and this item. i didn't want to pay an extra hundred for something that seems like it would do the same thing, though idk the technology on the clarisonic version so i can only review on this one. i dont have any major skin problems, only the occasional pms acne and semi oily skin on the tzone area. i only use this 2x a week and that plus extreme sweat sessions have made my skin look very radiant and glowy, from the release of harmful toxins thanks to sweat and this helps to go deep into pores to clean out the gunk, ehich makes the surface of the skin smoother

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeakc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been thinking about investing in a facial cleanser for months but the cost was always a turn-off. I decided to try the Olay first and invest in a higher end product if necessary. After a couple months of use I don't see any need to upgrade. My skin texture showed surprising improvement after the first few uses. Highly recommend.