July 22, 2014 | 2079 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Rose Tinted Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by abcdefghijkayz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not a big fan of lipstick but longed for a lip product that could bring some color to my pale face this winter. I absolutely love Burt's Bees lip balm and figured I'd give this a try, thinking the formula would be essentially the same aside from the tint. The first time I used it, I found that it didn't tingle my lips as the original product does and I'll even venture to say that it dried them out. Though the color is nice and natural, the finish is a bit glossier than I expected/would have liked. The next time I tried it, I used my usual Blistex lip balm first then applied a light layer of this on top and found that helped mattify the color and prevented my lips from drying out as much. This would probably work better in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by STheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yummy smell, great color, kind of expensive for what it is. Yes, the color goes on kind of sheer. But I accidentally dropped it while it was uncapped, balm-side down, and after I shaved off the top layer for sanity issues it went on much thicker! Pretty good product, all in all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by localholyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20, blonde hair and brown eyes, this stuff looks great on me. I expected a more bold color but it just adds a beautiful natural redness to my lips (which is especially nice during winter when I get ridiculously pale.) i love my red lipstick but this is perfect for all other times. it looks completely natural. WILL BUY AGAIN

(Note - I put this same review for Red Dahlia. both worked great with my skin, Dahlia was a bit more bold but still very natural.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this lipbalm, its moisturizies my dry lips and keeps them from chapping. This is totally different from Burt's Bee's honey lipbalm, which i hated.

Texture - creamy, glides smoothly without tugging
Scent - light, fresh, floral
Colour - more pigmented compared to Korres lipbutter in lipstick form. With this the tint is quite noticeable after two swipe. With the Korres one, i had to swipe a few times to get a noticeable colour. I liked the reddish tint although too much makes my lips look oily.
Taste - sweet
Packaging - its compact and light. Great for carrying around. I just didn't like the cap as much.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by faeriesmak2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I loved this product. It seemed to be moisturizing and it had a beautiful color to it. I started wearing it everyday. That was when things went bad for me. My lips because insanely dry and cracked. As soon as I stopped using this balm my lips went back to normal. I am very disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

I purchased this because I really dislike lipsticks, and the feel of lipgloss, but wanted to add some color to my lips. This is great because it feels like the classic Burt's Bees lip balm, and gives my lips just a flush of color. It's very natural, and I can see this being flattering with most skin tones, esp fair ones. Unfortunately I lost this, and will have to repurchase because it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi13

It's such a beautiful, sheer, my-lips-but-better kind of color! It really glides on, and it's quite moisturizing. I've given up wearing lipstick because this tinted balm looks so polished and pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I normally don't wear lip color, but recently I have a small discoloration on my lip and I want to hide it. This isn't pigmented enough to hide it, but I like it anyway. It's not terribly different from my other Burt's Bees lip balm (Replenishing with Pomegranate) which is much cheaper. That's my only complaint. The packaging is pretty cool, it comes in a cardboard tube. The color is rosy and pretty similar to my own lip color, but a tad deeper. It also looks quite glossy and feels smooth. This is great for a natural and casual look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this! The color is so perfect, I rarely use any other lipsticks, glosses or tinted balms these days. It has replaced every single red, rose and pink color I usually use. It has that coveted "my lips but better"-quality, with a lovely warm, pink-reddish tint that darkens my lips in a very natural way.

It's moisturizing as well, nice and slick but not sticky. It goes on smooth and even so I can apply it without a mirror and feel fairly confident that it looks like it's supposed to (unless I layer it a lot - then I like to check it before going out).

Will definitely repurchase, maybe even before I run out just to have en extra.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly this is my favorite out of the entire tinted balm line from Burt's Bees. I picked this up because there was only one left in the store compared to the other shades.. so I was curious why this almost sold out.

I've looked for red tinted lip balms for years and there are many out in the market but often it leaves more of a cherry lip color, so while red it is pink toned. Unlike the common red tinted balm out there, the Burt's Bees Rose is a very -natural- red. I don't have very pigmented lips but this color is something I would imagine I'd have if I bit my lips really hard.

The formula, I find it similar to their mango butter balm. It's moisturizing for me, not greasy but has weak longevity too. I don't mind reapplying this since it's marketed as a balm, not a lipstick.. I wasn't expecting long staying power but it is annoying sometimes that it disappears within an hour.

For the packaging, I don't understand why the company put so much effort in the card board packaging when the product itself is in the most boring brown chapstick tube.