August 31, 2014 | 1544 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Rose Tinted Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I fell in love with this product in the color Pink Blossom, so naturally I wanted to try another color. I chose this shade (Rose) because I like a rosey lip in the winter time. I think that the Burt's Bees tinted lip balms are my favorite thing to wear on my lips, period. The texture is so buttery and moisturizing, it just feels amazing on the lips. And I find that they wear quite well, too. However, this color, while it is a beautiful cool toned rose, is much sheerer than Pink Blossom. It gives a similar effect to Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker. It does give a slight rosey tint to the lips, but I wish it were more pigmented. It still has the same amazing formula, and I will definitely get use out of it, but I'm undecided on whether I would repurchase this particular color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been putting off buying this lip balm because of the price. Many lip balms are cheaper and do the trick. I've been wanting to try these though because I prefer lip balm to lip gloss or lip stick for everyday wear. I finally purchased this and I love the natural color it gives to my lips. You can build up the color for a little more dramatic look. It is relatively moisturizing. In terms of lip balm, I prefer the original Burt's Bees lip balm, but this color is very nice. It kind of has a plastic-y scent but it is not overwhelming or offputting.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by katbrenn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After trying Baby Lips in the red color and being disappointed with the formulation being too slick, i wanted to give this product a shot. I found that it is much less pigmented, however, for this product it works. The Burt's Bees is also a bit slick on the lips ( not as much as Baby Lips) and does not hold color as well but i find that because it adds the smallest tint i can get away with applying it with no mirror. It still looks good whereas Baby Lips looked like a mess because of the pigmentation. I have fair skin and red hair and i think adding just a hint of color to the lips prevents me from looking dead. I like the moisturizing qualities of this compared to other brands also. My lips are not dry or chapped. I like this product a lot but i will not repurchase just because i think for the price i can find a better product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by abcdefghijkayz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not a big fan of lipstick but longed for a lip product that could bring some color to my pale face this winter. I absolutely love Burt's Bees lip balm and figured I'd give this a try, thinking the formula would be essentially the same aside from the tint. The first time I used it, I found that it didn't tingle my lips as the original product does and I'll even venture to say that it dried them out. Though the color is nice and natural, the finish is a bit glossier than I expected/would have liked. The next time I tried it, I used my usual Blistex lip balm first then applied a light layer of this on top and found that helped mattify the color and prevented my lips from drying out as much. This would probably work better in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by STheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yummy smell, great color, kind of expensive for what it is. Yes, the color goes on kind of sheer. But I accidentally dropped it while it was uncapped, balm-side down, and after I shaved off the top layer for sanity issues it went on much thicker! Pretty good product, all in all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by localholyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20, blonde hair and brown eyes, this stuff looks great on me. I expected a more bold color but it just adds a beautiful natural redness to my lips (which is especially nice during winter when I get ridiculously pale.) i love my red lipstick but this is perfect for all other times. it looks completely natural. WILL BUY AGAIN

(Note - I put this same review for Red Dahlia. both worked great with my skin, Dahlia was a bit more bold but still very natural.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this lipbalm, its moisturizies my dry lips and keeps them from chapping. This is totally different from Burt's Bee's honey lipbalm, which i hated.

Texture - creamy, glides smoothly without tugging
Scent - light, fresh, floral
Colour - more pigmented compared to Korres lipbutter in lipstick form. With this the tint is quite noticeable after two swipe. With the Korres one, i had to swipe a few times to get a noticeable colour. I liked the reddish tint although too much makes my lips look oily.
Taste - sweet
Packaging - its compact and light. Great for carrying around. I just didn't like the cap as much.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by faeriesmak2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I loved this product. It seemed to be moisturizing and it had a beautiful color to it. I started wearing it everyday. That was when things went bad for me. My lips because insanely dry and cracked. As soon as I stopped using this balm my lips went back to normal. I am very disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

I purchased this because I really dislike lipsticks, and the feel of lipgloss, but wanted to add some color to my lips. This is great because it feels like the classic Burt's Bees lip balm, and gives my lips just a flush of color. It's very natural, and I can see this being flattering with most skin tones, esp fair ones. Unfortunately I lost this, and will have to repurchase because it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi13

It's such a beautiful, sheer, my-lips-but-better kind of color! It really glides on, and it's quite moisturizing. I've given up wearing lipstick because this tinted balm looks so polished and pretty!