December 21, 2014 | 1798 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - coal face soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by corabain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is perfect for oily faces. I use this cleanser daily all year-round as I have an oily t-zone and sometimes chin. It is best in the summer when it is humid, and as soon as I use it, I can feel all the oil disappear off my face.
It does tend to dry out your face if you use it frequently, but a moisturizer will help this. I recommend another Lush product, "Vanishing Cream," which is a light moisturizer with no oil. I would not recommend this product for anyone that doesn't experience an oily face.
This product is also VERY long-lasting, which is why I rated the price so low. A small chunk lasts months. I have been using this product for 2+ years and have only repurchased three times.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Walko

I bought a small peice of this because even at my age
I've still got an oily T-zone.Maybe it's the wrong cleanser for me but you can't get away from the fact that it is full of irritants.What's coal powder supposed to do for skin?This was horrible, left my face feeling dry and irritated .You shouldn't have to rush for the moisturiser after cleansing. That's not a good sign no matter what skin type. In the long run made my T-zone worse.Sandlewood and rosewood oils wont help eitherJust because your skin is oily and I was plagued with oily skin as a youngster,dosen't mean you have to strip it with products like thisYou will do more harm than good in the long run..According to Paula Begoun you'd be as well washing your face in the fireplace(ok a bit dramatic)But what she's trying to say is this stuff is RUBBISH.I don't agree with all her reviews but I'm with her on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by haleyb18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim one day when i was at the mall and i'm glad i did! My skin gets oily throughout the day even with a mattifying powder and i can really tell a difference when i don't use this in the morning. Instead of getting oily at 10, i get oily around 2. I've been using this since December and my skin has never looked this good. It really helped clear up my acne and blackheads. The reason i gave it 4 stars was because it makes my skin feel very tight and dry after i use it so make sure to use a moisturizer after washing your face with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by windypoint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

25th February 2013 Have been using this for about a week on my middle-aged acne rosacea. Seems to be improving things, but it remains to be seen whether my skin can take the drying effect in the longterm or if it is just an occasional treatment. It works well at calming down cysts and blind zits. I think Coal Face would work very well for teenagers experiencing large amounts of hormonal acne.
21st March 2013 I think for me the best use of Coalface soap is as a treatment once a week. It has been very useful in clearing my skin and I intend to go on using it, but too harsh for daily use.
6th May 2013 Have been using it three times a week recently. My skin has settled down and there are no major cysts, but i stll have flaky red patches which are gradually decreasing in size. I think if my slin became oilier it would stabilise perfectly with use of this soap, but I'm reluctant to use any sort of moisturiser after using this, as anything I have used after this soap seems to clog my pores. Am taking large amounts of fish oil instead to hopefully make my skin oilier.
16th May 2013 Have discovered that in combination with yogurt and honey mask this stuff is incredible. Wash face with coalface, use mask, wash off with coalface. Pores smaller and skin smoother than in years.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by ivoryisis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This seems to be the best cleanser for my oily, acne-prone skin with small pores. I used to have very bad acne, cystic pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, you name it, and this helped along with my skin regimen to calm it down. It seems to be the best cleanser for my skin and it also has a nice clean finish and a wonderful smell. I would recommend trying this if you have oily or acne-prone skin. One of my friends gave it to me as a sample and they always have samples at the store, so you don't have to by a full-size bar. My skin care regiment includes Coalface soap by Lush, Grease Lightning by Lush, Benzoyl Peroxide 2% (Target brand version of Clean and Clear brand) and Clean and Clear Morning Burst Moisturizer, combined with Acnepril (two pills, twice daily) and the Clarisonic Mia brush used one to two times per day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by comicbookshop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as I was looking for a oil absorber/light exfoliant cleanser for my skin. I've been using this product for 3 weeks and it doesn't "wow" me, it does it job but I didn't expect any miracles. When you rinse this off your skin gets this "clean" feeling. Not like you just stripped everything off that it leaves your face feeling tight. I thought it was expensive at first (for $AU pricing) but you only need so little of this every time you use it. I'm using it once every second day (others use it weekly or daily, depends on your skin) and at this rate I can see it lasting around 6 months, maybe even more. Although I find coalface mediocre I still would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by aliskey62389

I received a sample of this in a Christmas purchase and I was totally shocked by the color and the smell which was extremely Earthy and well...coal smelling. After a few washes of this though, I noticed a change in my skin! It wasn't stripping my natural oils off but still managing to cleanse my face. It no longer feels super tight after washing it with harsh chemicals and has helped my acne.

For all the responses about it scratching your face, I would suggest getting a lather on your hands first and then using the lather on your face. This doesn't scratch your face and is actually a better way to cleanse your face!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Given that this soap is for super oily skin, and is BLACK I figured this was some hardcore soap. Took some home as a sample, and much preferred it over my Fresh Farmacy. I actually consider myself to have sensitive skin, though sensitive soaps barely whisk away my oils. I felt my cleanest skin ever after Coalface. The exfoliants in the bar are quite scratchy, but there's so few it doesn't do damage. And for reference, I consider the St Ives Apricot Scrub to be damaging. I've found Lush to be inconsistent from store to store, so if you're breaking your skin open, try another shop!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by stavicnic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Curious if anyone has experienced Skin breakage with this product.
I Love the way it makes my face feel as I am naturally very oily. however, just after i began using the product in my daily regiment I noticed small cuts on my fingers and the went from paper like cuts to small chucks of skin missing in my fingertips and then my face stated to experience similar skin cavities.
Just wondering & hoping if this is caused by something thing else or if anyone else has experienced the same phenomenon with this product?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by NYSuzyq87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can see why people hate the smell but I barely notice it. It's really drying and the "exfoliation" action is really just the soap crumbling under water. It takes makeup off really well but I can do the same thing with a $3 Neutrogena bar. It's nothing special.