September 20, 2014 | 1759 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - coal face soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by windypoint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

25th February 2013 Have been using this for about a week on my middle-aged acne rosacea. Seems to be improving things, but it remains to be seen whether my skin can take the drying effect in the longterm or if it is just an occasional treatment. It works well at calming down cysts and blind zits. I think Coal Face would work very well for teenagers experiencing large amounts of hormonal acne.
21st March 2013 I think for me the best use of Coalface soap is as a treatment once a week. It has been very useful in clearing my skin and I intend to go on using it, but too harsh for daily use.
6th May 2013 Have been using it three times a week recently. My skin has settled down and there are no major cysts, but i stll have flaky red patches which are gradually decreasing in size. I think if my slin became oilier it would stabilise perfectly with use of this soap, but I'm reluctant to use any sort of moisturiser after using this, as anything I have used after this soap seems to clog my pores. Am taking large amounts of fish oil instead to hopefully make my skin oilier.
16th May 2013 Have discovered that in combination with yogurt and honey mask this stuff is incredible. Wash face with coalface, use mask, wash off with coalface. Pores smaller and skin smoother than in years.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by ivoryisis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This seems to be the best cleanser for my oily, acne-prone skin with small pores. I used to have very bad acne, cystic pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, you name it, and this helped along with my skin regimen to calm it down. It seems to be the best cleanser for my skin and it also has a nice clean finish and a wonderful smell. I would recommend trying this if you have oily or acne-prone skin. One of my friends gave it to me as a sample and they always have samples at the store, so you don't have to by a full-size bar. My skin care regiment includes Coalface soap by Lush, Grease Lightning by Lush, Benzoyl Peroxide 2% (Target brand version of Clean and Clear brand) and Clean and Clear Morning Burst Moisturizer, combined with Acnepril (two pills, twice daily) and the Clarisonic Mia brush used one to two times per day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by comicbookshop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as I was looking for a oil absorber/light exfoliant cleanser for my skin. I've been using this product for 3 weeks and it doesn't "wow" me, it does it job but I didn't expect any miracles. When you rinse this off your skin gets this "clean" feeling. Not like you just stripped everything off that it leaves your face feeling tight. I thought it was expensive at first (for $AU pricing) but you only need so little of this every time you use it. I'm using it once every second day (others use it weekly or daily, depends on your skin) and at this rate I can see it lasting around 6 months, maybe even more. Although I find coalface mediocre I still would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by aliskey62389

I received a sample of this in a Christmas purchase and I was totally shocked by the color and the smell which was extremely Earthy and well...coal smelling. After a few washes of this though, I noticed a change in my skin! It wasn't stripping my natural oils off but still managing to cleanse my face. It no longer feels super tight after washing it with harsh chemicals and has helped my acne.

For all the responses about it scratching your face, I would suggest getting a lather on your hands first and then using the lather on your face. This doesn't scratch your face and is actually a better way to cleanse your face!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Given that this soap is for super oily skin, and is BLACK I figured this was some hardcore soap. Took some home as a sample, and much preferred it over my Fresh Farmacy. I actually consider myself to have sensitive skin, though sensitive soaps barely whisk away my oils. I felt my cleanest skin ever after Coalface. The exfoliants in the bar are quite scratchy, but there's so few it doesn't do damage. And for reference, I consider the St Ives Apricot Scrub to be damaging. I've found Lush to be inconsistent from store to store, so if you're breaking your skin open, try another shop!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by stavicnic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Curious if anyone has experienced Skin breakage with this product.
I Love the way it makes my face feel as I am naturally very oily. however, just after i began using the product in my daily regiment I noticed small cuts on my fingers and the went from paper like cuts to small chucks of skin missing in my fingertips and then my face stated to experience similar skin cavities.
Just wondering & hoping if this is caused by something thing else or if anyone else has experienced the same phenomenon with this product?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by NYSuzyq87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can see why people hate the smell but I barely notice it. It's really drying and the "exfoliation" action is really just the soap crumbling under water. It takes makeup off really well but I can do the same thing with a $3 Neutrogena bar. It's nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Kremenka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very, very nice product! A little piece lasts for weeks despite I use it once a day on my face, upper chest and back. It is drying, as someone had written bellow and sometimes I apply a moisturizer. But it does not cause my skin to produce "compensating" oil, which is an absolute miracle and in contradiction with my previous experience with sulfate-based cleansers. My skin tolerates it very well, still in winter I will change it with the Dark angels cleanser. The price is also very good, having in mind that an 9 Euro piece lasts more than 4 mounts (I have not yet finished my piece).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by priscillasdf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this cleanser in the morning when I do not need a strong cleanser. I love the simplicity of this cleanser. It is basically a bar of soap that removes all the oils I produced overnight but it does not completely strip my face and make it feel tight like a lot of other cleansers do. It has a tiny bit of coal particles which I like. I have issues with acne, but since using this product I have noticed that my acne is improving.

I also like that a little goes a LONG way. I purchased a ~$2.00 sliver the first time I tried it and it has lasted me over 2 months now. I am still working on the same sliver and it is going for 3 months.

There is no packaging for this product. You tell the sales associate how much you want and they cut and wrap it up for you like with their other solid soaps. I purchased a body butter tin a while ago and never repurchased a body butter so I decided to keep my coal face in the tin instead. It works great! The cleanser does not melt everywhere and you have a spiffy storage container for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for clearing pores Nd preventing blackheads. Very very drying. Must use with a substantial moisturizer. Otherwise, this can cause skin to peel - it is that drying.