November 23, 2014 | 1715 users online

Moisturizers - Sephora - Instant Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Laurasienna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this product because I wanted to try out a new moisturizer. I have a (very) dry skin and the saleswoman recommended me this one. After using it for a few days I started noticing my skin was a lot dryer than it was before. And I had more flakes on my nose and between my eyebrows when I put on my foundation. So basically it did nothing good for my type of skin. Going back to my better working 5 euro drugstore moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also got this as a sample and have just started using it. I've actually been looking for a day time moisturizer without SPF because even though I am a sun protection fanatic, very often I am using a primer and/or foundation/BB cream with SPF already in it and so I don't need it in my moisturizer also. I've only used the sample for 2 or 3 days (I'd forgot all about it and only found it while digging in my desk drawer looking for something else!) so it's a bit early to say but so far, I am really liking this face cream. I didn't think it would have enough moisture for my skin at this time of year but, so far, so good. The price is reasonable compared to many of the other products I use so that's a bit of a bonus and my understanding is that this comes in a jar so you can get at every last bit of product. I know some people are terrified of bacterial contamination in open jars but most skin care items contain more than enough preservatives and so a bit of care (clean hands, a clean applicator spatula) and there should be no problem.

If this continues to perform for me, it may well become my new "non-SPF day moisturizer.

UPDATE: I went back a few days after writing this review to get the full size of this moisturizer. The "love affair" is continuing - it's a good, basic, pleasant face cream for under makeup or on its own, with a sunscreen on top. Great and reasonably priced.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by arkindt

i got this as a sample. it works fine. nothing to rave about. my problem with this product is the smell! it reminds me of an old lady and its soo strong. mind you, i am not one to typically complain about a product's scent, but this lingered and i could smell it on my face hours later even with foundation and powder on top of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cosmic23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as a GWP and have been hesitant to use this on my combination skin since it was a cream. Finally decided to give this a try since the last month has been super dry and cold and I am hooked! I mainly use a thicker layer for my cheeks as it's been flaky but find that a thin layer elsewhere doesn't break me out either. I love how it doesn't leave a greasy touch and absorbs really well leaving my skin super soft especially in the morning and throughout the day. I even use this under my eyes to keep it nice and hydrated. Their serums from this line on the other hand is a different story. I gave this a 4 since it the larger size comes in a jar and it seems a bit unsanitary to dig at it. The price is pretty affordable for a mid-high end product, $20 for the 1.69 oz size. Also love how it's suitable for my sensitive skin and is their big thing is that their skincare is formulated without Parabens,Sulfates, Phthalates, GMOs & Triclosan. I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by phyliciamonique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's average. Better than your normal drugstore brand moisturizers but not the best. I have very dry skin in the winter and this didn't seem to do much. I found myself reapplying it halfway throughout the day because my skin felt dry. However, in the summer it felt great on my skin when I used it as a night cream (I usually have slightly oily skin in the summer). It's not bad but as I stated before..it's pretty average.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulConverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like other reviewers, I received a sample (2 actually) from Sephora. I really like this. It's somewhat thick and the scent is amazing. A very light floral scent but doesn't irate my skin. This really is an instant moisturizer but then again my skin really isn't ever on the dry side, even in the winter. I might consider purchasing the full size because I like this so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Happicuupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I put this on after washing my face because it tends to dry up when I wash it. I got this as a sample and I don't see anything great to buy it. I'm not crazy for moisturizers, but I definitely don't have anything bad to say about it. It's average.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and wow. This is a really good moisturizer. The scent is pretty and girly without being overpowering. This is creamy and glides on leaving my skin silky. I find a little of this goes quite a way so this does last quite longer then I feel most moisturizers. I am not a fan of it coming in a jar so I go for the tube. A great moisturizer at a great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is my moisturizer of choice, I tried it when the sephora opened in my local JCP, and have repurchased several times since! it leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean, and after just a little while, my skin is ready for my makeup, and it is gentle on my skin, i can use it every day, at night and during the day :) it does seem to work better with other sephora skin care products, i think they are made to jive better wiht each other. When i can get to sephora again ill pick some up, but currently im out :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a generous sample of this moisturizer in my VIB clutch from Sephora. It claims to be an oil free, intensive moisturizer. I should say that almost ALL moisturizers clog me or break me out. I was quite hesitant to try this but I looked at the ingredients and it seemed OK. I tried this moisturizer for 3 nights in the evening. I have to say, I like the texture a lot. It's a creamy consistency and it simply glides on your skin. Personally, I love the scent. It smells very floral yet clean. But those who are sensitive towards fragrance should steer clear. It can be over powering for some noses. I felt that while this moisturizer did moisturize, it also dried out my skin. It moisturizers when you first put it on but after a while, I think it dried out my skin, specially on my cheeks and forehead. Weird. This is the reason I gave it a 3 star rating. But I do like the scent, and it didn't cause breakouts. I think this would be great for oily/very oily skinned guys and gals. But for combo and dry, I would opt for something creamier. All in all, I would say give this a try. It comes in buy a tube for $12 or a jar for $20. Good price. I would ask for a sample.