November 27, 2014 | 1441 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Fit Me Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by decophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked the Fit Me liquid foundation so much, I decided to try the powder (same shade, #110 "porcelain," which is the lightest in the range). Verdict? Best as a setting powder. Very sheer coverage. I quite like the color, as it makes me look a bit paler (yay!) (and it can even make a slightly darker foundation look paler). And it's not especially pink, yellow, or orange - a perfect neutral, IMO.

pro's: Pale color is perfect and neutral, light coverage, packaging comes with a mirror.

con's: Light coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I thought this was pretty good...it sort of covered visible pores and definitely minimises redness. However, it highlighted wrinkles on my forehead and they're only fine and hiloghted some hair on my face that I didnt realise I had! Over large stand out spots it cakes like other maybelline products. It does mattify. It is not oily (someone here said it was but not in my case and I have areas of oily skin). It does smooth marks/pores/redness but im sure theres better out there. Also it could look a bit powdery in areas. Ivory is a good match for my very pale skin tone. Sometimes around the edges it will be orangey at first but I just blend it in. On my eyelids I have to be careful though because my eyelids and around my eyes are usually dark from tiredness and this is a lot paler than them. A few minutes after applying I could see id missed some areas on my eyelid that id applied with my own make up sponge and the bits I had applied looked white. The sponge included is ok...not very spongey. Can only use one side of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This and dermablend setting pwdr are the ONLY powders I can use. I have sensitive combo-dry skin and I've tried too many powders with the same results, irritated itchy rashy t-zone. Even mineral mu irritates my skin, that's how sensitive it is. I try others but keep coming back to FIT ME products. I hope they keep it around. I use #120 in both liquid & powder, I'm NC15-20 in MAC. (FYI, it's only my t-zone that has the powder reaction)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by alinalxndon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used other Maybelline products before so I was excited when this first came out, too bad. I only used this products a couple times before I stopped, it is so oily! I wish I had more detail but I can say I didnt want to finish this product.

PROs: price?

CONs: oily, causes breakouts

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by georgiasarahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I brought this product simply because there was a 3 for 2 offer on at Superdrug's and I thought I would give it a go but it sat in laughter lines on my face so I would not recommend it for people with even a few wrinkles or creases. I feel that this powder aged me and just seemed to sit on my face. It did have good coverage, especially for red areas or areas where I had a few spots so this was something good. Generally I think there are better powders out there for and for 7+ I wouldn't buy it again as I feel I could get something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by LittleArtist

I've now bought this powder twice. I'm fairly pale so I use 110. I find it helps to even out any darker patches of my skin and has a very nice finish to it, leaving my skin feeling smooth. My favourite powder and a good colour match.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Sarahvelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product so much. I bought because the Dream Matte Powder by maybelline (which was my absolute favorite) was discontinued. At first I did not like it because it has glitter, but now I love it. All I have to do is put it on and it highlights all the right areas and makes my skin look so flawless.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely useless. It doesn't do anything. I have no idea why they discontinued their previous best seller pressed power and make this. Epic fail.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by reginadj11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it was weird because after using to much it kinda gave me a orange coloring to my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Man..... 2 words "chalk dust" I have recently tried this powder. I don't actually often use it but once in awhile despite my dry skin my foundation can break up slightly in between my brows and a little around my nose. This usually happens at the very end of the day. I figured the one time I had to leave and be out late....I'd powder because it would be sometime before I got home to wash my face. ....

Well......I the only powder I use and probably will ever use is MAC Mineralized Skinfinish. It's dewy and my favorite for setting during warmer days. It keeps my make up in place well and has some coverage. Making it perfect for touch ups. But this.....This is just pressed chalk. It's flat, literally looks like you slammed into a blackboard full of chalk. You can see it on the skin....can't blend it in. Maybe an oilier person would like this..... yeah....Some people say there's sparkle? Where? Not in mine....that would make it worse....geesh. even powders that I thought I hated before looked better than this. You get my drift.

In any case dry skin beware.....even spritzing with fix + didn't help.....just not a good quality powder at all. I can appreciate a good quality powder...something that is creamy and easily blends into the skin whether you're dry or not. Even a transparant powder like MAC prep and prime that has 0 coverage and just basically controls oil sits on my dry skin well. ( i perfer pigmented powder though)Simply because it's a good quality product. Something that sets and stays. Controls the shine of your make up or your skin. It was only 6 bucks so I will be okay with my loss.