Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder

3.3

Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Magnesium Stearate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl glycol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 1/13/2015 8:40:00 PM

Goes great after I put on my loreal true match foundation keeps it on all day ! And by it's self it feels very light on the face and has more of a natural look !!

on 1/11/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in the "new shade" 240. It was summertime about a year ago, and I bought it at my local Wal-Mart. I couldn't try it in the store, luckily it was a good match. I apply it with a powder brush instead of the applicator, and it is SUPER hard to get anything on the brush. I started to notice, as it started turning into fall, how dark it really was. My body was about the same color as it was over the summer, but for some reason, the powder just looked VERY dark. ..and I LOVE yellow-toned products, but WOW was I yellow-orange. It also has shimmer in it, which I didn't notice until I was like, "Why is my face looking so shiny in photos?" The product itself isn't too bad of a product, but I would not rebuy because of the way it looked on me.

on 1/10/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this powder a few weeks ago in 2 different shades to be used as a contour and highlighter.
Within a week my normally clear skin had a few small blemishes. Within 3 weeks I had a full blown cystic breakout everywhere I used this product.
I stopped using it immediately and went back to my tried and true brand, MAC. It's a shame because I was trying to find a way to contour my face relatively inexpensively and it ended up costing me the price of two (now worthless) compacts, two more compacts and a bit of self esteem. Really, these zits on my chin are kickin'...
I also noticed that another reviewer referred to this product as chalk dust and I couldn't agree more. The darker color wasn't very noticeable but the lighter color was totally chalky, so I had to use a really light hand when applying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really love this powder! Its creamy for a powder, looks great on the skin, adds coverage, and sets makeup really good! I have the lightest shade and it works like a dream! I have noticed some shimmer in the pan, but it's not detectable on the skin at all! I really like the packaging. The mirror in the compact is really convenient. Although I prefer a brush to apply powder, the little puff that comes with it is really convenient for on-the-go touch ups! Overall, really good powder. I'm excited to try the matte and poreless version when this one hits pan, put I do plan on purchasing this powder! I think I might have found my holy grail??

on 1/9/2015 1:38:00 AM

Has a shimmer to it. Yellow orange tint in the 310 shade, which is annoying.

this powder is hands down the best I have ever tried. I am a pale redhead so it's nice to find a powder that doesn't make me look as orange as my hair! obviously I am in the shade 110- their lightest shade! x

on 12/30/2014 5:50:00 AM

My favorite powder! So cheap, great packaging and just overall great powder! It sets your makeup, it's not really mattifying though, but it doesn't claim that it is, so that's fine by me. It's invisible on your face, it doesn't look cakey at all!

on 12/28/2014 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am not an avid powder user (liquid foundation is what I normally reach for) but I really like this powder.
This powder is not matte, it has more of a natural finish than anything. I really do not like foundations that are too mattifying so this one was perfect. It is buildable but I've read that it does not provide full complete coverage so while that is a positive for me, it may be a dealbreaker for others. I have found that with a setting spray this powder lasts me 6 hours.

My gripe with this product is the packaging. When I opened it, I found that the powder is in a compartment on top and their powder puff is in a compartment on bottom. I understand the purpose of providing a powder puff for those who may not have brushes. My issue is that the powder puff is just sliding around down there as the compartment is too big for it. I feel that they could have either deepened the powder pan to alleviate this or they could have shallowed the compartment for the powder puff and made the whole package a litrle sleeker. And the entire packaging feels cheaply made, so I would recommend keeping this in a safe place where it won't drop.

I thing for the $4 CDN that I paid, this product is amazing.

on 12/13/2014 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if everyone who purchases this is attracted to the fact that this powder is pigmented with an assigned shade, but I'm not personally passionate about it. I used the same shade as I purchased the Fit Me foundation in, and the powder outlasted the foundation (#310, Sun Beige).

I can only use this powder during the summer, when I'm darker, but it's a decent powder that gives off a dewy finish since it's not matte. I don't think it sets my make up heavily, which is similar to the Nude Wear powders by Physician's Formula. I like those powders better because they're quads of colour, which give the powder finish a multi-dimensional colour. This powder is one set colour, which doesn't work for my face because I like the middle of my face to be lighter than the sides.

Overall, I can see why people would look for this kind of product. I thought the pigment in the powder was going to elevate the coverage of my foundation, but it didn't. I won't repurchase because I'm not sure I can stick to one shade of powder all year round. I wouldn't recommend this for people who want a matte finish to set oily skin. It didn't clog my pores, nor did it break me out. It's a good, light powder, especially if you want something that has pigment and is not translucent. It may be worth a try if you want a light dusting of it. However, I'm sure there are similar products that are better.

on 12/8/2014 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

As soon as I saw this shade in the drugstore last year I had to purchase it. It looked like just the right colour for my NW45 skin. So I've been using it off an on for a year and now I'm ready to discuss it.

The packaging is not cute to me but then again I don't like squares. I do like the fact that I can see the colour through the window. I do get worried that the plastic might cave in and leave it exposed, but it's been intact through all sorts of travelling. Underneath the powder is a mirror and a powder puff. The mirror is useful for check ups but the powder puff is totally useless. If I use the powder puff it makes the makeup look completely cake-y and way too dark.

The powder is a great match for my skin and completely disappears once I put it on. Mocha is a warm toned brown with no shimmer at all. The coverage is great but still looks natural. My skin doesn't feel weighed down by this powder either. It doesn't transfer at all either.

The powder doesn't control oil at all and its kind of upsetting as this powder touts itself as being shine-free. I know Maybelline is coming out with a new line of Matte + Poreless powders but so far it looks like the darkest shade in that line is Toffee (which is wayy lighter then Mocha!). So I think I'd rather have this powder then none at all.

I really do like this powder (because the colour is perfect) and I really hope Maybelline doesn't discontinue it because this is the only shade I can find in the drugstore that truly fits me.