Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This review of the concealer is not as an under eye concealer/highligher/brightener but as a foundation. I have dry, sensitive skin and makeup doesn't "take" to my skin. I usually use BB creams and cushion compacts that have more emollients than traditional liquid foundation, but I was looking for a cost effective product that would give a little more coverage. My skin also gets flushed easily and my main base makeup concern is the red regions on my face (cheeks, eyebrows, around the nose, chin).

I chose the FIT Me concealer in Sand 20 and bc it's yellow toned, it does a good job of neutralizing the red without making me look dead (like a green concealer would). So tone wise, I love it.

Formula-wise, it is lightweight and blends well with itself, but it's a little too silicone-y for my skin. My skin is also on the flaky side and I require products with more emollients that can sink into my skin. Unfortunately, unless I apply some BB cream underneath the concealer, the concealer will just sit on my skin rather than blending in to it. This formula has a bit of slip to it like silicone-based primers. The finish is great for traditional use as an under eye concealer, but it can accentuate flakes when I use it on drier parts of my face, like my cheeks. It doesn't dry out my skin though (yes, I've had base makeup actually make my skin feel tight after application) and it doesn't cake.

Coverage-wise, it is light to medium. Again, it's great for the under eye region, but would be too thin for serious pimples.

This would be a great product for those with normal to dry skin or those with skin that takes to silicone-based primers and products. The price is very good for the amount of product so I think it's worth giving it a try.

Edit** Since this is considered a dupe for the NARS concealer, I swatched the NARS one in the store and it is thicker and gives more coverage than the FIT Me. It is even more silicone-y than FIT Me. I like very, very natural finishes and I could tell that the NARS concealer would not work with my skin texture. For my purposes, skin type and budget, I'm sticking with the FIT Me.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not the worst concealer I've ever used but it separates on top of my skin, like what happens when you have oily skin (mine leans more towards dry) also it seems to just sit on top of skin and not blend in and settle.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this concealer. It offers very full coverage without looking flaky and textured against my dry skin. It is ideal for my dark circles and the occasional spot. I still maintain that with concealer it is less about brand and more about technique. It took me a very long time to effectively cover said dark circles because I was sort of putting it all over them nilly willy. If you're having trouble with this, Wayne Goss has a great video explaining what I mean.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I heard many saying that this is a dupe for Nars' creamy concealer, but it's definitely a NO.

The Fit Me concealer shares the same doe foot applicator but it's honestly way harder for me to place enough or spread the concealer properly. The consistency of the product is more sheer and watery. With that said, I got sensitive combo oily skin...and I always feel a very slight burning (alcohol) sensation on my skin when applied.

Maybelline's Age Rewind def performs better when it comes to drugstore concealer.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I thought I was the only one that felt this concealer looked worse over time. I clearly remember going to the restroom at work and looking shocked at how ghoulish I looked!! It was awful! I do NOT recommend this product.

I love this concealer! I use this every single day. It's very light coverage which I love but it's extremely build able. I'm not a huge fan of the applicator from the packaging (I don't ever use them from any concealer), however it does work well to get all of the product out and to simply dab onto the face, then blend out with a beauty blender. I love the color range this comes in.

Not for under eye area, gets a bit darker after it dries, not long lasting, doesn't cause brakeouts and it has a nice coverage. Not the best product, but worth the price :)

This is my favourite concealer! It provides medium coverage without looking too cakey, it can be used under the eyes + on the face, and the price is very reasonable. It also comes in a wide range of colours, so you're bound to find a suitable shade for you. It is very easy to use and can be easily blended out with your fingers.

The only thing I dislike about the formula is that it transfers quite easily; however, this can be easily solved by using a bit of powder to set it.

The packaging of the concealer is great; it's very sturdy (screw-on lid) and suitable for travelling. Unfortunately, the only downside is that the black ink on the lid + top part of the body smudges/rubs off really easily, and can get all over your hands. Anyway, I simply fixed this issue by wrapping sticky tape around it.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this concealer to anyone. It's definitely worth the price, and I would repurchase this in a heartbeat.

IMO, this is a dupe for the NARS creamy concealer but for a fraction of the cost! I like to use it for my undereye area, its very pigmented, light weight and easy to blend with my RT sponge.

Will definitely be repurchasing!

Today I will be replacing this concealer. As much as I like the shade (20 Sand) , the texture, and the moderate coverage, I just can't deal with the mess it makes. Maybe I got a faulty one, but the product collects around the neck of the bottle and then smudges onto my mascara tubes and eyeliners (I store them all upright in a jar). I've cleaned the outside of the bottles, I regularly clean the neck of the bottle, and it still happens. Maybe the concealer somehow collects in the wand? Anyway, the problem is annoying enough that I'm on MUA to find a replacement.