February 1, 2015 | 1414 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation (Dewy + Smooth)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by frgreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

St. Louis is super dry this year and I needed to buy a dewy makeup for my normally oily skin. This stuff is great! I use a beauty blender knockoff to apply this and it doesn't take much product. I use shade 110 Porcelain. The color is a bit orange/yellow to match my skintone perfectly but it ends up working out in the end because it counteracts some of the redness on my face. I am pretty prone to breakouts and I have not been bothered by this formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by NonGuru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

From what I found so far, it does a really great job of not clinging on to my dry patches. With a good moisturizer under this, it really looked natural and had a light coverage, which is what I wanted. I saw that on the bottle, it said dewy and smooth, and for normal to dry skin. So I bought it and I loved it! I have extremely dry skin, unlike some others who have "fairly dry" skin. My skin is very dry and have tried numerous BB creams because I figured the extra moisturizer would help me out. I have tried high end BB creams at Sephora and low end BB creams at the drug store. All of them clung on to the dry patches no matter how much moisturizer I put. I absolutely love this foundation as its the first one I tried.

I haven't had a chance to see how long it lasts or how it looks after a few hours of wearing it so I will edit this review once I have the chance to step outside for once. For now, I would definitely buy this again. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by mkil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Picked this foundation up the other day as I am determined to find a drugstore foundation that will work for me. I will keep looking unfortunately, but there are some pros!

The finish is beautiful if you have dry skin, which I do in the winter without a doubt. It seems nearly impossible to find a foundation that matched my skin tone - but this one did perfectly! I have yellow untertoned skin, and find that most foundations look either too orange or too pink on me. I have tried every MAC combination under the sun, with no luck. So, bravo for the tone matching of this one.

I find the coverage to be very patchy, and not very buildable. I find it magnifies my pores and fine lines, even with several different primers (and none). It has almost no staying power, and rubs off within hours. I fixed that problem by using UD all nighter setting spray (My holy grail setting spray).

The packaging is horrible. It pours out of the bottle and is so thin consistency that it came way too fast and I had to put some back in the bottle (VERY unhygenic). I think a pump would be way better.

For the price, it is worth a try, perhaps for a younger woman (I am almost 30) this would work as they don't have the concerns with fine lines and large pores. For me, I think I will move on to a whipped foundation of sorts.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by crazyging

Not memorable. Bought it and used it once. It doesn't have much coverage and the packaging sucks. I think I stopped using it because it broke me out and just didn't look great. Similar to Revlon colorstay without any lasting power

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by ulittlebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this foundation. I use it when I'm self tanning as the lightest shade is still too dark for me or I mix it with a lighter foundation to get my colour. I really like the feel of the foundation on my skin and it's flawless finish. It's easy to blend and the coverage is buildable. I will repurchase as I really love it but I wish it had some lighter shades like their powders! Definitely a great foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by darthjaeder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I Was on the hunt for a new foundation, normally use Mac but as I've hit a bit of a financial snag I was looking for something a little cheaper so why not a supermarket brand?! I was scared as many supermarket brands are pink or orange pigmented, I prefer the yellow tones more so that you find in MAC..but I'd heard many good things about this fit me foundation and its yellow tones so I bought some in shade 230. I was curious so I looked at the reviews here and ill admit I was a bit scared... But I decided to give it a try... I have normal to oily skin so I prepped my skin with a cleanse, tone, moisturiser and primer, then applied the foundation with a flat top buffing brush in a dabbing motion and buffing it onto my face.... It left fantastic coverage with a dewy finish, feeling a lot like satin and dried up great. As with any foundation I did set this with a very light dust of translucent powder to set and it lasts all and still looks fresh! Heaps of compliments on my 'glowing skin' And have been asked what I'd used so no complaints from me here. I will say though I have applied this with a foundation brush and or my fingers and did get a more wetter finish so I think this stuff definitely works nicer with a buffing brush. Great foundation!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by sgilgarc

This foundation didn't work for me, I think is because of my skin type but I don't recommend it for oily skin, if you don't wear a matte powder over your face is gonna look shinny, I got it in 135 and its a bit dark for my skin tone, but overall if you have normal skin it will be perfect for you because of the complete coverage it gives to the face.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by luvhydration

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

let's just not forget that maybelline is willing to torture innocent animals for profit

not worth it

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Psychosomatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really adore this foundation, especially for its price. It's so lightweight, has a decent coverage, and does not break me out (ahem L'oreal true match which gave me tiny whiteheads).

Quick Rundown

Pros:
- Lightweight
- Natural, medium coverage (buildable layers if let sit a little)
- Great price (in Canada, drugstore foundations are often ridiculously priced)
- Didn't break me out
- Very blendable

Cons:
- Doesn't last long
- Not for oily people, unless you work for it
- Packaging

I hope they never discontinue this! It is one of the drugstore foundations that doesn't oxidize on me and fits my skin colour and tone so beautifully. The liquid 240 golden beige is my exact match, can't even tell I have foundation on. It has that yellow undertone that I so desperately look for. I use foundation mainly to even out and make my skin less dull (I have some dark spots, redness and occasional breakouts), so overall my skin isn't bad. I don't wear foundation every day either. The Fit Me liquid does have a dewy finish that a lot oily girls won't like.

I actually do have oily combination skin so on its own, without powder or primer or setting spray it will probably last 2-3 hours and fade away (thankfully not in a patchy or really obvious manner), but I only use it on its own if I'm in a rush and don't want to wear makeup for that long. It feels very breathable too, not heavy at all. However, if I use it with all my other products, it's an excellent base and it it lasts until I remove my makeup which can go beyond 12 hours. I use a primer (any oil control primer - drugstore or high end, lately I've been running on samples of the smashbox pore minimizing and benefit porefessional lol), then I dot the Fit me all over and blend with a dampened beauty blender (BEAUTIFUL finish with damp sponge), or sometimes my fingers and finish by powdering lightly. I might have to blot a couple times. If I really want it to last and look FLAWLESS, I set the liquid with UD all nighter spray first and THEN powder lightly (sometimes a loose translucent, sometimes a powder foundation), and it does not budge. Some might call this a high maintenance routine to make it work, but hey, we all use primer and powder anyway. For it's price, I'll buy it over and over again. And yes the container is not the best but I love it for the colour match, the natural finish and also how it blends. It's quite runny. Also I especially love this for the winter! In the summer I wear Estee lauder double wear light, I'm between a 3 and 4, I might even add a couple of drops of the Fit Me mixed in! In L'oreal true match I'm W6 (slightly too light for me). I love this foundation, on its own even if it doesn't last long and also in conjunction with other products. Give it a try if your skin is all right and not that oily, for sure.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Bounceeit

I personally love this foundation for it's price! It gives a very great coverage and super affordable absolutely my fave foundation of all time ! The only thing that I dislike about this foundation is that it doesn't stay on all day so you would definitely need to touch up .