December 18, 2014 | 1733 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by theragdolly

This stuff is AMAZING. It doesn't have to be cakey, trust me. You need the tiniest amount for a full face, and you will look flawless. I apply a small dot (smaller than a pea) to the back of my hand and use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply it, starting on my cheeks and just buffing out across my face. It gives the most incredible finish to your face. I can't comment on its coverage for acne scarring etc as I don't have any - my skin is actually quite good, but I still have red bits that I like to cover, and I love the look of a flawless face. I wear creamy Vanilla, the palest shade, and I'd compare it to an NC25. The tube is hygienic and easy to carry, and it lasts all day long - I'll apply at 6am and it's still looking fresh when I take it off at 9pm. Literally can't say a bad word about this foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Konkwilay

I love this product... I don't understand why some people doesn't like and keep complain everything .. Maximum coverage will be alittle bit cakey. If u want natural look, why u choose maximum coverage foundation ..this foundation is for the people who want to cover acne scars ..I hv lots of scars and acne on my face. I tried every high end foundation before but just medium coverage for me ..but this one is definitely full coverage and my face look like a doll.. I love this no matter it's look cakey or whatever..if Estée Lauder will stop this foundation , I planned to buy alots and save for my future makeup in my life .... I love this ...really does good job for acne scars....

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Dis8ged

Just a background - I have acne and acne scars, oily skin, deep panda eyes, and large pores on my cheek and nose. Just for reference my nose starts to shine after 3 hours with MUFE HD + setting powder.

This foundation really does what it claims to do. Just after putting on a thin layer, the coverage is really maximum. For those of you who doesn't have bad acne and panda eyes like me, you don't even need a concealer.

Coverage: Although it is said to be a medium coverage, I find it more towards full coverage. It really covers EVERYTHING. I accidentally rubbed some near my eyebrows and I was so afraid that it would disappear!

Application: I read reviews that it dries quickly hence making it hard to blend. The above statement is totally untrue for me. It's rather liquid in texture and allow me to do my whole face properly before drying up.

I used my fingers to pat the foundation in because that's what the SA recommended. She also did mention that due to the creamy texture of this foundation, using a brush might result in a streaky finish if not blended well.

Shade: I got to try it out at the counter first, and the SA managed to do a perfect match for me, so no complains about that. I don't really recall, but I think I'm using the shade "light". The colour is not too orangey or yellowish, and the colour is also neutral enough to allow me to use it with concealers of other brands.

Finish: Upon application, the finish is slightly dewy, not matte. This also tells me that I can safely use this foundation for my undereye. However, I did notice that this foundation is not suitable for people with larger pores, as this foundation simply sits on pores and enhances them. I correct this by applying a little of my MUFE full cover concealer on top of it.

As I have oily skin, I set with with MUFE super matte loose powder.

HOWEVER, the
Lasting power: Transfer-MAX. At mid-day (approx 5 hours later) I realise my whole face has patches. And I realised that it has transferred everywhere - literally. As I have really oily nose, my whole nose and the sides looked like there was no foundation on, while the rest of my face looked thick with foundation. The contrast was so stark that I used my fingers to pat some oil onto the patchy areas to blend them in. I looked horrible. When I went back to my desk, I immediately started to use tissue to pat my entire face, and there was no end to the transfer. Eventually, I just used the tissue to smudge all the makeup left on my face, which was still a lot. It did help in blurring out the patches.

A pity that this foundation transfers. If not, I would have given it 5 stars. I then decided that this was still a good foundation, simply not for oily skin with enlarged pores. I would have purchased the full size if it didn't transfer. I will try it out again on another day when I only need foundation for 3-4 hours and update my review if there are different findings. Will not repurchase.

Who should try this foundation:
- normal to dry skinned people
- people with no enlarged pores
- those looking for medium-full coverage.
- acne skinned (this covers both active and inactive acne VERY WELL!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by EzzyBezzy

Hi everyone :)

I LOOOOVE this product!! It's such excellent coverage and leaves my skin absolutely flawless!

I'm in Australia and I don't what it's like in different parts of the world but Estée Lauder have discontinued my colour "very light" I have searched EVERYWHERE! And I can't find anywhere that would even post it to me :(

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to help me out?? I would pay someone to go and buy it and send it over to me!!

I cannot find another makeup like this one!

If anyone could help, I would be soo appreciative!!

Thanks in advance xx

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Jenefour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

omg i'm IN LOVE. This stuff is insanely ridiculous. The only other dept store foundations i've tried were all mac, and a smashbox one. i'm one for full coverage foundation, and this foundation is just that. i've also used dermablend before, and this is way better. i've recently been using colorstay which i still do like.

within a few hours my foundation usually starts slipping off around my creases of my nose as well as other parts of my face get oily.. this stuff stays ON.
you really almost don't need powder with this stuff... i put very little on.. just b/c i've always have. the coverage is UHHH-MAZING!

if you do purchase this foundation, i have two suggestions.. #1 make sure it's this foundation. they have a couple that say 'double wear'.. this is the CAMAFLOUGE one for FACE & BODY.
#2 when you apply this, PAT it on.. DON'T rub. I usually have a foundation brush I use where i gently rub my foundation on in circular motions. with this foundation, i just happened to buy a stippling brush that day (real techniques which is amazing too btw), but i 'pat' the foundation on. in my opinioin you get the most coverage this way.. it applies like butter.... it looks like i'm literally painting my face to a new complexion. my friend at work said i looked like a porcelain doll. um hello!!!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I have at the moment (and I have so many, I lost count...)
I am 38 and have hormonal acne. Unfortunately, only the pill works (and that of course, when I am taking it, after the course is over, the acne is back) and a few months ago I decided to go back to prescription medication (Duac cream) to get my skin sorted.
This foundation is a saviour. I don't know what I would do without it! It covers really-really well, absolutely everything and you don't even need a concealer. OK, it does sit on pores, but if you ask me, it's doing exactly what it says it will (cover all blemishes) and that's all I need to know.
I have shade 3W1 (Tawny) for my NC35 skin, and it's slightly on the cooler side (the next one up was way too dark) but if you use a good powder on top (like Mac's loose powder in NC30) it balances the colour. I usually wear it with Clinique's blended face powder (another winner for matte skin) and it stays flawless ALL day.
To be honest, I use this foundation when I know I have a long day and I don't want to worry too much about my foundation! I have also tried Vichy's dermablemd which is good for coverage too, but somehow the EL shade is slightly better. Frankly, it's a bit on the heaby side, but it really bootst my confidence when I am wearing it, I really feel good! I will definitely re-purchase this once I run out, it's a real winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by JennHen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Having acne I was desperate to find something to cover it. I am so happy I discovered this foundation. It is amazing! A little does go a long way, even on my terrible skin. Cannot believe how nice even my skin looks when I wear this product. Can't rate it highly enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Frichtl83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product!!! I have been wearing Estée Lauder for years now and prior to purchasing the maximum coverage I was wear the Double Wear. I suffer from acne, acne scars, and pit mark on my cheeks. Nothing has covered them like this foundation! For the first time I finally feel like I look flawless! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to apply it, I've read the buffering brush works well so I'm going to try that! The makeup goes a long way so you don't need much and it feels like silk when you put it on! It doesn't even feel like you have foundation on! Also, I have a brown spots on my cheeks and forehead from sun damage, cover it completely! If you want flawless skin, spend the money on something that will actually work! You really do get what you pay for! It doesn't take much so it should last a long time! I love love love this product! Here's to feeling beautiful in your own skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Ronda109

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my favorite foundation for some time now, and I am most unhappy that this product has been discontinued in the lighter shades. I see that so many of us have posted reviews on Makeup Alley. Maybe we could all ask that it be re-introduced in the lighter shades, such as Creamy Ivory? I've done my part by asking EL on an online chat (numerous times when I've checked back to see if it's available.) Otherwise, does anyone know of a good substitute that will give this level of coverage, while not looking cakey and mask-like?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by MyMakeupPerspective

Here is my demo video on how I cover up my problem-skin, using Estee Lauder's Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation!

28 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No