November 28, 2014 | 1623 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by EzzyBezzy

Hi everyone :)

I LOOOOVE this product!! It's such excellent coverage and leaves my skin absolutely flawless!

I'm in Australia and I don't what it's like in different parts of the world but Estée Lauder have discontinued my colour "very light" I have searched EVERYWHERE! And I can't find anywhere that would even post it to me :(

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to help me out?? I would pay someone to go and buy it and send it over to me!!

I cannot find another makeup like this one!

If anyone could help, I would be soo appreciative!!

Thanks in advance xx

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Jenefour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

omg i'm IN LOVE. This stuff is insanely ridiculous. The only other dept store foundations i've tried were all mac, and a smashbox one. i'm one for full coverage foundation, and this foundation is just that. i've also used dermablend before, and this is way better. i've recently been using colorstay which i still do like.

within a few hours my foundation usually starts slipping off around my creases of my nose as well as other parts of my face get oily.. this stuff stays ON.
you really almost don't need powder with this stuff... i put very little on.. just b/c i've always have. the coverage is UHHH-MAZING!

if you do purchase this foundation, i have two suggestions.. #1 make sure it's this foundation. they have a couple that say 'double wear'.. this is the CAMAFLOUGE one for FACE & BODY.
#2 when you apply this, PAT it on.. DON'T rub. I usually have a foundation brush I use where i gently rub my foundation on in circular motions. with this foundation, i just happened to buy a stippling brush that day (real techniques which is amazing too btw), but i 'pat' the foundation on. in my opinioin you get the most coverage this way.. it applies like butter.... it looks like i'm literally painting my face to a new complexion. my friend at work said i looked like a porcelain doll. um hello!!!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I have at the moment (and I have so many, I lost count...)
I am 38 and have hormonal acne. Unfortunately, only the pill works (and that of course, when I am taking it, after the course is over, the acne is back) and a few months ago I decided to go back to prescription medication (Duac cream) to get my skin sorted.
This foundation is a saviour. I don't know what I would do without it! It covers really-really well, absolutely everything and you don't even need a concealer. OK, it does sit on pores, but if you ask me, it's doing exactly what it says it will (cover all blemishes) and that's all I need to know.
I have shade 3W1 (Tawny) for my NC35 skin, and it's slightly on the cooler side (the next one up was way too dark) but if you use a good powder on top (like Mac's loose powder in NC30) it balances the colour. I usually wear it with Clinique's blended face powder (another winner for matte skin) and it stays flawless ALL day.
To be honest, I use this foundation when I know I have a long day and I don't want to worry too much about my foundation! I have also tried Vichy's dermablemd which is good for coverage too, but somehow the EL shade is slightly better. Frankly, it's a bit on the heaby side, but it really bootst my confidence when I am wearing it, I really feel good! I will definitely re-purchase this once I run out, it's a real winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by JennHen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Having acne I was desperate to find something to cover it. I am so happy I discovered this foundation. It is amazing! A little does go a long way, even on my terrible skin. Cannot believe how nice even my skin looks when I wear this product. Can't rate it highly enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Frichtl83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product!!! I have been wearing Estée Lauder for years now and prior to purchasing the maximum coverage I was wear the Double Wear. I suffer from acne, acne scars, and pit mark on my cheeks. Nothing has covered them like this foundation! For the first time I finally feel like I look flawless! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to apply it, I've read the buffering brush works well so I'm going to try that! The makeup goes a long way so you don't need much and it feels like silk when you put it on! It doesn't even feel like you have foundation on! Also, I have a brown spots on my cheeks and forehead from sun damage, cover it completely! If you want flawless skin, spend the money on something that will actually work! You really do get what you pay for! It doesn't take much so it should last a long time! I love love love this product! Here's to feeling beautiful in your own skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Ronda109

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my favorite foundation for some time now, and I am most unhappy that this product has been discontinued in the lighter shades. I see that so many of us have posted reviews on Makeup Alley. Maybe we could all ask that it be re-introduced in the lighter shades, such as Creamy Ivory? I've done my part by asking EL on an online chat (numerous times when I've checked back to see if it's available.) Otherwise, does anyone know of a good substitute that will give this level of coverage, while not looking cakey and mask-like?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by MyMakeupPerspective

Here is my demo video on how I cover up my problem-skin, using Estee Lauder's Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation!

28 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Hausdefab

I had combo skin. it's really opaque and thick coverage. a little goes long way. if you wish to use this, you should exfoliate your face and moisturize really well, because this stuff really exaggerates your dry area. its also sets really fast, so you need to blend it fast too. im using sigma f80 and im doing partly. For me, if its sets I don't have to powder it, but If I only need a touch up during the day om using Mac Skinfinish face powder in soft gentle. Does not causing any problem to my face. its does transfer to tissue if im blot my face. i wish it have this non transfer ability of any estee lauder double wear had. long wearing, I could said its staight to 10 hours for my skin. I love the packaging also, so good for traveling. remember!! a LITTLE goes long wear if not your face wil looking CAKEY!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by andrea27

I just have come to the end of suffering with aggressive cystic acne for the last 12 months. I now have extremely pigmented scars all over my face and none of my other foundations (benefit, mac, urban decay) will cover the marks as they are so severe. I have tested nearly every drugstore and high end foundation and still they do not cover my scarring.

I was recommended to use Dermablend by Vichy. Whilst this by far had the best coverage of all the foundations I tried, my scarring was still visible.

Then I tried the maximum cover and this has changed my life completely. It covers every single mark on my face and it makes me feel so much more confident about my appearance. It blends on smoothly, covers with only one layer and it feels like there is nothing on my skin.

I experimented applying it in different ways. The beauty blender thins it out and so, does not provide as much coverage. A flat foundation brush works well but personally, I see the best results with the real techniques buffing brush.

I also use the Estee Lauder matt primer underneath. The foundation goes on like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Whimsicalnotes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to use this as a foundation before I purchased the regular double wear foundation. This wasn't the best foundation for me as my cheek area would become patchy in 6 hours. However I absolutely love its finish and texture on my skin as it felt like I had a smooth layer on my face. This is an EXCELLENT concealer. I use this together with my regular double wear foundation. This would not budge and I would not have to worry about my pimplea showing through. It covers redness completely and you only need the tiniest, thinest layer as too much would cause cakiness. With the amount I use, I reckon this would last me for a decade. im not even kidding. If you are struggling with acne like I do and wish to find something to cover them up, try the maximum cover as a concealer and regular double wear as a foundation combination. It is expensive but you only need to buy this product once for it to last for years and it is so worth it. I cant rave enough about this.