July 28, 2014 | 1046 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by AyishaAyisha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Firstly i would say if you have any dry skin this is not the foundation for you. i have normal to dry skin especially in the colder months, i have terrible dark circles and a few scars from a few breakouts but no acne or severe blemishes so far (touch wood) however i still prefer a full coverage foundation and thought id pick this up as i heard it totally covers everything and provides maximum coverage. This foundation is VERY matte, even if i apply a hefty amount of moisturiser before hand within an hour or so it'll be back to dull looking skin and gives a very washed out 'dead' appearance when worn. for my dark circles i had to do 2 layers until i was satisfied with the coverage and after a few hours i could see the pesky marks and dark circles showing through. since using this foundation i have also broke out in tiny skin coloured bumps on my cheeks and around my nose >.< the bottle itself i initially likes as its a squeezy tube so no need of the fuss of buying an extra pump etc like in some other foundations. after the first use however the foundation would leak out of the top as i don't think it is tight enough and gets everywhere once i unscrew the top and leads to waste of product. all in all for a foundation that is considered high end with a very high end price, i am disappointed. maybe for someone with oily or combination skin would suit this better, but for me its a big fat thumbs down :'(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by mrsbennett1617

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is fantastic!! If your looking for a flawless FULL coverage foundation for problematic skin, this is the product for you. It covers all my redness, discoloration, acne breakouts, and all my acne scarring, without breaking you out! I have been using this product for years and have yet to find anything that compares to it. The only bad thing I can say is that its a little pricey, but a little goes a long way with this product(get about 7 months) so the price is worth it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

Where do I start? I love MAC Studio Fix Liquid and the Powder Plus Foundation because of the full coverage it gives me. But I broke out terribly I had to switch to YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation which promised to even out skin tone but it didn't help me in any way. I returned it after two weeks. I was about to buy Chanel Mat Lumiere even if I wasn't satisfied with the coverage and came across Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage and oh boy did I love it the first application so I bought it instead! What they say in the previous reviews that a little bit goes a long, long way! Less than a pea size is enough to cover ALL imperfections I have unlike in YSL I do two pumps and still no coverage! This foundation is my life saver!!! I mean it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Ldh1967

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for the past 6 months ,in the beginning I was using it as my foundation for my entire face, however it is very matte finish and at my age I am looking for a more dewy finish. The coverage is absolutely amazing, I have rosacea on my nose and cheeks and this takes care of that problem. I am currently using it as more of a concealer on my nose and cheeks and I use another foundation(dewier) for the rest of my face. I will definitely continue using this as my concealer, if you are looking for a full coverage foundation that is a matte finish this one is worth every penny. A very tiny amount(half the size of a pea) covers the entire face so it is very cost effective.
I just wish Estee Lauder would come out with a dewy finish in this line and a few more shades in the pink undertone family.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

years and years of using this product have made me consider it as a best friend.. sometimes ignored, sometimes not used enough.. but always loved and loved back.

I used this a lot for photography -- it gave the most flawless finish. Then the formula and packaging was changed, and then I got a few flashbacks so have been using the MAC Pro cream in it's place.. but, to be honest, this is my HG.

I always have two tubes in rotation and always travel with one tube. The tube packaging is fantastic - lightweight and easy to tote along. I hate the big clunk jars with big open mouths.
The texture of this product is dense -- not thick just dense but that makes it so easy to build up or out. You can mix this with moisturizer, illuminator or even your spf for hot humid weather (I have and it works beautifully). I am going to use it this way around my under eye and nose/cheek area which are the areas so affected by menopausal sweats. The product has always worked for me when I have deep deep undereye discoloration from lack of sleep.

Mix this on top part of your hand, warm up and apply with fingers then use your blending brush or beauty blender to meld the whole face.
amazing finish and one of EL's best products imo.

will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by loveisgreen22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I have never written a review for this foundation, I love it! I bought it on a whim last year walking through macy's because I had bad acne scarring, acne-prone, sensitive skin. The saleslady tested it on her arm for me. Literally one drop covered her whole arm! Okay great, a little goes a long way. But my main concern was if it would break me out, because I've had plenty of foundations do that to me. She assured me that the she never heard any complaints, so I bought it, I think its only $34? Not a bad price for what you get! It definitely gives you FULL coverage. I put three dots on my face and just buff it in with a flat top brush and I get all the coverage, but it does not look overdone. I've had the one tube for almost a year now and i think it can last me another 3 months. Has never oxidized, never breaks me out, stays on all day. I don't use concealer anymore, this foundation takes care of everything. A+ from me! I don't think I'll be buying another foundation anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Karinnne

I have done a lot of research to find the perfect foundation, and I finally found it. There are certainly bad reviews for this foundation and the reason is because they don't know how to use it. You can't just put this on your face real fast and run out the door there is a certain way you need to put this foundation on in order for it to work for you. It took me a while to really learn how to use it and these are my steps.... 1) moisturizer 2) primer (tarte clean slate 12 hr) or any primer of your choice. 3) Mac fix+ 4) put Very little foundation and blend with your beauty blender. This gives me full coverage and it doesn't look cakey because you use very little since you don't need a lot. This doesn't make me break out either. After 6 months I have completed my search for a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Chitowngrl75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation on the days I want full coverage!!! You need so little to cover everything!! I have acne scars and I don't need concealer. I use a damp beauty blender to apply this and it looks lovely!! I use it especially on the days I work 12 hours. So this is on for 15 hours that day!! I've even returned the concealers I've recently bought cuz I use this as my concealer for spots instead. I have sooo many foundations it's ridiculous!! For full coverage I have KVDs lock it and lancome's 24 hr. This beats them both!!!

Update 11/12/13: Still loving this foundation!! Lately for daily makeup, I've been mixing it w/Dior's Hydralife BB cream and OMG beautiful results!!!! It still covers all my post acne marks and scarring!!! I just ordered another bottle from Macy's as backup just in case they discontinue it. My KVD and Lancome 24 hr are not getting any attention from me now. LOL!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by RebekahDigney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I Just bought this product, after I saw all the reviews. And I must say it glides on beautifully and you really need next to nothing for a full coverage application.Im Nc20 in mac foundation and I got this is the colour "creamy vanilla". I personally found that its lasting power is fairly average, this could be due to my combination and slightly oily skin, although it was set with a primer and a setting powder. Due to the SPF unfortunately its a no go for photo's but really beautiful and flawless with no cakiness that other foundations give after a few hours. I much prefer it over my garnier bb cream or my mac pro long wear throughout the day. The price in Australia is $50 which is hefty for a small amount of product, however I will repurchase purely because its flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by xjessxdunnx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i thrive on trying to find the most coverage foundation I can.... im not a make up artist I don't use brushes im a normal girl who wants a bloody good foundation I don't care about sheerness I don't like my skin I need something to cover my health problems with my skin that I have... and before your thinking no its not acne! I read a hell of a lot of reviews before considering to buy this foundation and one day I went town and though bugger it I absolutely hate face to face interaction with make up counter chicks she was nice enough but no offence I cant be bothered I had a dark foundation on that day and I hate anyone touching my face especially my jaw line and neck and she couldn't see a match she said a light shade I said no I cant wear light as ill have a tanned body and a white face and I hate it... so I didn't take her advice and got a deep tan shade or something sorry cannot be bothered to get up and have a look at the shade im a load of good! anyhows that evening I went on a random trip to Birmingham with all my shopping in hand no clothes just my shopping thank god I had bought that foundation I was please when I first applied a little light for me! see told you I should of gone darker good job I did go darker than what she said! anyways because it was so expensive I didn't want to use all the time so I used it excited when going to work one day and I have never had a foundation rub off so much as this does I touch it and its on my finger hours later but its still on my face I think I used too much or something... so over all its a great coverage would defo buy again don't use all the time due to price but I like it in my make up bag!!! thank you estee lauder!