Simple Eye Make-Up Remover

2.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, PEG-20 Glyceryl Laurate, Ceteth-20, Laureth-23, Panthenol, Disodium Phosphate, Sodium Phosphate, Calcium Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 2/1/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wear eyeliner and waterproof mascara daily. I need an eye makeup remover to clean my lashes and eyes. This product was essentially useless. My eye makeup didn't budge. Glad this was only a free travel size bottle. Would have been upset if I had spent anything on this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Skip it. It does remove waterproof mascara, but I can never get all of it off with one cotton ball of this remover. Waterproof and long-lasting products require a lot of this product to come off. My NYX cream shadow didn't budge at all when I put this on it. At least it doesn't irritate my eyes. The nicest thing about it is that it doesn't leave a greasy residue like a lot of eye makeup removers do, but it might still leave residue from your makeup products.
This certainly is gentle, so if you don't wear much eye makeup I think you will be pleased. Otherwise, I don't think it's worth it to buy a specifically eye makeup remover for it not to remove all eye makeup...

Luckily, I found Lumene's waterproof eye makeup remover from the top rated list here and it is a night and day difference. That one is a breeze to use!

This is gentle on the skin, but it doesn't remove all my eye make up. I don't wear heavy make up, I find myself scrubbing my eyes to get most of it off, cancelling out the gentleness of the formula.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have only used one container of this product up to date, but... I can say that I like it a lot, not so sure if I'm loving it but it's a good product lol. I got mines at Big Lots for $5, there were only two on sale at the time. I got one just to see how it would work and then when I got home, I wished that I had just gotten both of them. Before I was using Jojoba Oil from Trader Joe's to remove my makeup. The Jojoba Oil would leave my skin feeling oily and it would smell like slight peppermint: Nothing bad, but I didn't want it to be scented at all. The Simple Eye Makeup Remover isn't oily at all and when I put it on my face it's like a clear fresh feel. It takes everything completely off, even my makeup though it's just for the eyes. It's not scented and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily or dirty after. The packaging is nice and Simple, lol. The price, originally around $7-8, is fair for the product and how much you get which isn't bad either.

on 11/27/2013 12:10:00 AM

I'm loving in this, I repurchase this stuff again and again, it is cheap, gentle, and can move my eye makeup as well as face makeup, but I when I use waterproof mascara it won't work, so I have this one for daily makeup remove, and Elizabeth Arden makeup remover for heavier makeup

on 11/16/2013 4:46:00 PM

I find this product gentle enough. Only it doesn't remove eye makeup well at all. I wanted something gentle but effective. This is not that. At this point I really just use it to remove a mistake or if my Purity cleanser didn't remove every trace of eye makeup in the shower.I won't purchase this again.

on 11/16/2013 4:33:00 PM

OMG NO MATTER WHAT DONT GET THIS PRODUCT!! This product says that it's 'kind to eyes' ahha that's what it's not!! It feels like I'm putting acid on my eyes!! It's the worst eye make up remover ever!!!! One time I got the tiniest bit in my eye and the whole white area of my eyeball turned red.. My mum was about to take me to the doctors!! There was no sign of white, it was all red!! And every single time I use this it stings my eyes so much that I can't even close them properly to go to sleep!! I can't say how much I hate this product!! It's ok at remover eye make up but you can't remove most of it because your eyes are in so much pain!! No matter what don't get this product.. Unless you like the feeling of your eye balls burning and turning completely red!!

on 10/27/2013 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Not so easy to remove water-proof mascara. Since I've bought this so I will use the oil content remover to remove my eye make up, and then I will use Simple to clean my eyes again

on 10/20/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff STINGS so bad!!! It seriously hurts my eyes! I thought maybe it would get better after using it for a while, but no, it stung really badly every time. It removes the makeup efficiently, but it is not worth the pain. I would suggest something like Clean and Clear for a cheap eye makeup remover, they're always good.

on 10/16/2013 3:46:00 AM

i used it a couple times to take off my eye makeup, works fine on shadows, but not liners and mascaras, even the ones that arent waterproof