December 22, 2014 | 1201 users online

Crème - Mehron - Celebre HD Pro Cream Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by May91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I would kinda love to give the Mehron Celebré Pro HD Make-Up the highest rating for the mere fact that the shade "Eurasia Ivory" exists. This is the first time I've found a perfect match for my extremely pale, slightly yellow-toned skin. But sadly the foundation just doesn't perfom well for me at all.

My skin type is combination with an oily t-zone, which is rather sensitive and acne-prone. Ideally for me a foundation should have a matte finish and provide high coverage to help hide my imperfections (scars, red splotches around the nose and dark circles).
This cream foundation comes with low to medium coverage at best. Thus I wasn't able to wear it on it's own and a good concealer was greatly needed. Mehron states that the foundation provides a non-greasy satin finish, but I don't think this is the case. On my skin it was very dewy and just wouldn't dry down. No matter which powder and primer combination I tried the make-up just kept sliding off my nose and gathered in every fine line, making me look tired and a lot older than I am.

On the plus side though the foundation doesn't trigger any negative reaction from my skin, which is always worth a mention.

All in all I wouldn't recommend the Celebré Pro HD Make-Up to anyone who suffers from problematic and/or oily skin. I think it is better suited for people with dry skin and someone who does enjoy foundations with a dewy finish and natural coverage.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by samanthaalove

I bought this product at IMATS and when the guy said it was only 15 dollars, I said why the hell not ? Now I'm glad that i had purchased this because not only does it match my skin perfectly, its gives off the nicest finish I've seen. I have tried numerous foundations from Chanel to Dior to Covergirl, but this foundation really has a natural and fresh face finish. The price is also perfection too. The coverage is build-able, but beware of really packing it on it. It may not look cakey but it will look a little bit off on your face. Overall this foundation is great and I'm definitely snatching up another when given the chance to.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by dianag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros
- great coverage if needed
- easy to sheer out with a damp beauty blender
- omg so cheap for the amount of product
- natural look
- covers acne scars without caking

Cons
- needs setting powder, especially for oily skin (like myself)
- rubs off a little, but not too noticeable

This my HG foundation at the moment. Finally a color that suits my cool, very fair skin, without making it look cakey. I use a beauty blender and Mac Fix + to sheer it out. Because I have oily skin I have to set it with Laura Mercier setting powder, but that goes for any foundation. It lasts me all day with one/two touch ups of powder. Gorgeous. Been using it for 4ish months.

Mac NW15 = Mehron LT3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really like this stuff.
25 grams of excellent product in a tidy, fuss free little pot (great for travelling) for less than fifteen bucks?
This has a really great texture - meltingly smooth, creamy soft and a dream to blend, superb coverage and possibly the most natural skin like finish I have ever experienced from any foundation, ever.
I don't need as much concealer as usual with this but it does need powder to set properly. It lasts fairly well on me, but if you want 10 -12 hours plus, you might need to touch up. It doesn't transfer on contact but it will come off if you rub it or blow your nose, (like the lovely reviewer below, that is the first place it wears off on me as well) but it is about the only foundation I'd consider carrying around for touch ups, if I wasn't lazy enough to ever bother (I'm not).
I apply with a flat top kabuki style brush and it usually takes me less than 2 minutes to apply, blend and have close to flawless. Other than the odd bristle shedding (darn brush!), it is mess free, the little screw top pot takes up minimal space and is to super easy to use. Is the same diameter as other Mehron cheek/lip compacts, so is easy to stack and store.
As mentioned before, the coverage is fairly full but could easily be sheered out with a damp brush or sponge and the finish is impeccable and as close to flawless as anything I've ever used.
Oil free, doesn't block pores (contains no sunscreen either, so you'll need to apply underneath) and has a decent range of colours, especially for ethnic and POC and a couple of really pale options for the very fairest complexions. I usually wear the second to lightest shade in a foundation range but I wear ME1 in this, which is a fairly yellow based neutral beige (and seems to be lighter in colour than LT4, go figure). The website swatches aren't the most fabulous, Missy Raabe has skin swatches on her blog (thanks Missy!) that are extremely helpful if you can't test these in person.
If I was being super picky and demanding, I'd prefer this was super long wear and had a click shut flip top lid (so I don't drop it on the bathroom floor and then have to put my glasses on to find it again, LOL) but it is pretty damn close to perfect!
EDIT: I find that if I swirl my buki brush in this and then spread out and mix with a little of my preferred long lasting foundation then buff onto my face, I get the best of both worlds - great coverage, looks very natural and lasts really well.
EDIT2: I have been trying other shades since ME1 seems to be perpetually out of stock, so far I have settled on Mid-Lite Olive and Medium Olive as good alternatives. They are a little more yellow in tone, (which suits me just fine) and perhaps an ever so slightly firmer consistency but I still blend these with my flat head foundation brush and normal liquid foundations for the perfect finish, coverage and lasting power. LOVE.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by 29atheart

Well I love this foundation except for the fact I can't keep it on my nose. It slides right off, or evaporates or whatever it does. It just doesn't stay. My nose is very oily and I do have issues in general with foundation on my nose. Where the foundation stays on it looks great!!!! I have to mix a couple colors, but at the price who cares!!! I'm used to mixing. It's very hard to find the right color for me. If I can figure out how to keep this on my nose I'll definitely repurchase. I rated it as a four because I'm not punishing the product for my skin. I use the Eurasia shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by TubbyPuppy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a wonderful product! I get full-coverage that lasts all day and does not look cakey. I think those who've had negative experiences are not taking enough time to apply the product correctly. I have dry skin and find that I MUST moisturize well before applying Mehron, but even those with combo skin should use a lightweight moisturizer to help with ease of coverage. I initially used a stiff makeup brush to apply, but now use sponge wedges. Depending on the level of coverage I'm seeking, I may wet the sponge.....this offers a lighter, more translucent cover. Setting with a good powder is key to Mehron staying on...otherwise it's going to glide aroud and not perform to it's potential. For women with dryer skin, this product is great (especially here in the mountains with snow everywhere). I love it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by denns

When I came to review this product I was a little taken aback by the low rating it holds. This is without a doubt my HG full coverage foundation that I wear during breakouts, when my redness and pimple count is at an all time-high. This stuff covers like nobody's business, without feeling heavy or cakey at all. Once applied to the skin, the product blends really nicely with fingers or a brush (I use a flat-top kabuki style brush or lately, my RT expert face brush). After applying with a brush I will usually go back in and "press" the foundation in with my fingers all over so the product fills in my pores and really melds with my skin. And melds, does it ever!

I have normal-combo skin with acne mostly around the mouth and jaw due to hormones. I do get dry patches in places and oily in others, but not excessively (hence the normal label, as I can be fairly balanced). This foundation doesn't break down in my oily spots and it doesn't emphasize dry patches. What more could you ask for? It's also VERY full coverage, without looking cakey. Sometimes I use this as a concealer when I want something easy to blend and I don't have time to fuss with a little squeezy tube.

I like to use this foundation to cover up acne marks when I have redness because it actually COVERS the marks. Ladies (and gents) with acne, you know how frustrating it is to go over and over a pimple (especially one that has just been popped/drained/touched/scabbing/etc) with a concealer or foundation and the spot is too oily for any product to cover. This stuff glides right on and stays put, covering each and every little pesky bugger like a dream. It's long-wearing without a setting powder. Bonus: It's also waterproof! An associate at IMATS, where I purchased originally, told me that this was the foundation they used on the set of Titanic for the ocean scenes because it was the only one that stayed put.

The only thing I don't love is the unsanitary-ness of the pot, but it's a small price to pay for an excellent full coverage foundation that lasts, doesn't feel heavy on the skin and stays put on every zit that just won't quit.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Having tried a number of high end foundations (MAC Beauty Balm, MAC Studio Sculpt, MAC Studio Fix Fluid, MAC Mineralize Cream, MAC Studio Tech Cream, MUFE Mat Velvet, BE Original, MUFE HD, DiorSkin Extreme Wear, Bobbi Brown Skin liquid and cream compact), and drug store foundations (Meow Mineral, Revlon Colorstay, Revlon PhotoReady liquid and compact, Cover Girl Simply Ageless, L�Oreal True Match liquid and cream compact, EDM, Alima Mineral), this foundation stands out as a decent (not HG) foundation.
I have combination skin, and don't like to have too many layers (moisturizer, sunscreen, primer, foundation) on my face, so I love it when my primer/foundation combinations accomplish these goals:
1) Sophisticated Formula: a light-weight formula that feels nice on my face and isn�t cakey, oily, or highlighting dry patches;
2) Adjustable Coverage: a light-to-medium coverage foundation that can be built up enough to cover under eye circles and acne scarring (eliminates the need for concealer);
3) Low Maintenance: has enough oil-control for my T-zone, lasts throughout the day without the need for serious touch ups, and doesn�t transfer;
4) Ideal Color: product line has a shade that is as close to a perfect color match on my skin as possible;
5) Skin Care: cannot break me out or change my skin condition (make more dry/oily) over weeks of continual wear.
6) Thoughtful Packaging: packaging cannot be difficult to travel with, create a mess on my counter, or be wasteful of the product.
*Bonus points for high levels of sunscreen.
How did this foundation measure up?
1) Sophisticated Formula: (YES) I really liked how light this formula felt on my face and how it did not emphasize any flaws. Being a cream foundation, it did settle in the fine lines I have under my eyes (but so does EVERYTHING).
2) Adjustable Coverage: (YES) This foundation is so full coverage, that even a tiny bit will give you what you need, even without concealer. I like to swirl my Real Techniques brush on the top and buff into my skin. One swirl will give me full coverage for half of my face. I actually had trouble sheering it out, but using a damp sponge helped reduce the "mask" effect this can easily have because of the intense coverage.
3) Low Maintenance: (OK) Oil was controlled, but the foundation faded and rubbed off my acne spots after about 8 hours, so this would not last all day. Set with MAC Blot and used my NARS and Cinema Secrets primers with same results. So I would not use this foundation if I needed to look good all day, such as when I am on vacation and don't have time to touch up like I do at work.
4) Ideal Color: (YES) I found a decent match with Light LT3. It seemed a tiny bit yellow on me, but it's hard to say if it's a yellow or neutral tone, but it is definitely not pink. The next shade down (Light 2) is a very very light pink toned foundation, maybe NW5 (good for highlighting) and the next shade up (Light 4) is around NC/NW25. So while the shade ranges differ dramatically, I believe this foundation is meant to be used by blending the shades to create a natural look.
5) Skin Care: (N/A) Haven't worn it long enough to tell. It usually takes me about 2 months to see if a foundation is having a true effect on my skin.
6) Thoughtful Packaging: (YES) I like the packaging. Simple, no-fuss screw top with clear lid to see what shade it is.
*Sunscreen: No.
Bottom Line: This foundation was given rave reviews by Goss, one of my favorite vloggers. He got me onto the cream makeup phase. I'm glad I have these colors - they weren't expensive to purchase, you get a TON of product for how much you pay and for how little you need to use for coverage (ends up being cheaper than drugstore, for sure). It wore well, better when I used a sillicone-based primer, and may last on some types of skin. For me, this is a nice product to have tried, but it's not my HG because I need a foundation that doesn't trick me by covering my acne scarring in the AM only to fade away by noon for me to display my scarring to the world. I had the same issues with Graftobian, and I feel like these 2 foundations are incredibly similar. I prefer Cinema Secrets cream foundation over these 2 because it is a different texture and when set with MAC SFN, lasts all day and gives me ridiculous coverage. But overall, I would recommend, especially to someone on a budget.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by ivamt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference my skin is nc40/nw35 or Nars sheer glow foundation -Barcelona.I have natural red cheeks,sensitive,normal/dry skin..and I ordered and perfect match is ME4.I ordered ME1 and it is perfect match for the concealer
This is AMAZING PRODUCT.Best foundation ever...for me.
It goes on smoothly and isn't too oily or flaky and dry.
It really covers so well but doesn't feel heavy on. When you get your photo taken you can see why its called HD. It seems to erase all your flaws.
Photoshop in a jar.
Its really cheap too!
There are so many colors to choose from so you can get something that will match your skin perfectly
A little goes a long long loooong way....

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Im sure like many others I stumpled apon this foundation after wayne Goss raving review about it on youtube. Since Im always on the hunt for a HG foundation I decided to order samples of Mehron, Cinema and graftobian HD foundation (non of these were a hit, but thats for another review). Anyways not having tried a cream foundation before and since every make up artist I know clearly states cream foundations are the best for dry skin, I was very eager to try it out. First of all even though the Mehron Foundation is very creamy it did make my dry spots stand out a LOT. The thing I dislike as well is the colour. I ordered the colour LT4, which was acording to the website a warm colour. Well I dont know if i maybe got the wrong sample but this is pretty pink, Its also a tat too dark but thats the gamble I took with ordering online (Generally around NC 20-25). The thing I did like was the coverage, its around high/medium coverage and you can always sheer it out with a wet sponge. Also the lasting power was pretty decent. So I suppose this foundation could work for those who have normal/combo skin with no dry spots and need full coverage, but It definitelly wasnt for me.