September 16, 2014 | 1818 users online

Crème - Mehron Celebre HD Pro Cream Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really like this stuff.
25 grams of excellent product in a tidy, fuss free little pot (great for travelling) for less than fifteen bucks?
This has a really great texture - meltingly smooth, creamy soft and a dream to blend, superb coverage and possibly the most natural skin like finish I have ever experienced from any foundation, ever.
I don't need as much concealer as usual with this but it does need powder to set properly. It lasts fairly well on me, but if you want 10 -12 hours plus, you might need to touch up. It doesn't transfer on contact but it will come off if you rub it or blow your nose, (like the lovely reviewer below, that is the first place it wears off on me as well) but it is about the only foundation I'd consider carrying around for touch ups, if I wasn't lazy enough to ever bother (I'm not).
I apply with a flat top kabuki style brush and it usually takes me less than 2 minutes to apply, blend and have close to flawless. Other than the odd bristle shedding (darn brush!), it is mess free, the little screw top pot takes up minimal space and is to super easy to use. Is the same diameter as other Mehron cheek/lip compacts, so is easy to stack and store.
As mentioned before, the coverage is fairly full but could easily be sheered out with a damp brush or sponge and the finish is impeccable and as close to flawless as anything I've ever used.
Oil free, doesn't block pores (contains no sunscreen either, so you'll need to apply underneath) and has a decent range of colours, especially for ethnic and POC and a couple of really pale options for the very fairest complexions. I usually wear the second to lightest shade in a foundation range but I wear ME1 in this, which is a fairly yellow based neutral beige (and seems to be lighter in colour than LT4, go figure). The website swatches aren't the most fabulous, Missy Raabe has skin swatches on her blog (thanks Missy!) that are extremely helpful if you can't test these in person.
If I was being super picky and demanding, I'd prefer this was super long wear and had a click shut flip top lid (so I don't drop it on the bathroom floor and then have to put my glasses on to find it again, LOL) but it is pretty damn close to perfect!
EDIT: I find that if I swirl my buki brush in this and then spread out and mix with a little of my preferred long lasting foundation then buff onto my face, I get the best of both worlds - great coverage, looks very natural and lasts really well.
EDIT2: I have been trying other shades since ME1 seems to be perpetually out of stock, so far I have settled on Mid-Lite Olive and Medium Olive as good alternatives. They are a little more yellow in tone, (which suits me just fine) and perhaps an ever so slightly firmer consistency but I still blend these with my flat head foundation brush and normal liquid foundations for the perfect finish, coverage and lasting power. LOVE.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by 29atheart

Well I love this foundation except for the fact I can't keep it on my nose. It slides right off, or evaporates or whatever it does. It just doesn't stay. My nose is very oily and I do have issues in general with foundation on my nose. Where the foundation stays on it looks great!!!! I have to mix a couple colors, but at the price who cares!!! I'm used to mixing. It's very hard to find the right color for me. If I can figure out how to keep this on my nose I'll definitely repurchase. I rated it as a four because I'm not punishing the product for my skin. I use the Eurasia shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by TubbyPuppy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a wonderful product! I get full-coverage that lasts all day and does not look cakey. I think those who've had negative experiences are not taking enough time to apply the product correctly. I have dry skin and find that I MUST moisturize well before applying Mehron, but even those with combo skin should use a lightweight moisturizer to help with ease of coverage. I initially used a stiff makeup brush to apply, but now use sponge wedges. Depending on the level of coverage I'm seeking, I may wet the sponge.....this offers a lighter, more translucent cover. Setting with a good powder is key to Mehron staying on...otherwise it's going to glide aroud and not perform to it's potential. For women with dryer skin, this product is great (especially here in the mountains with snow everywhere). I love it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by denns

When I came to review this product I was a little taken aback by the low rating it holds. This is without a doubt my HG full coverage foundation that I wear during breakouts, when my redness and pimple count is at an all time-high. This stuff covers like nobody's business, without feeling heavy or cakey at all. Once applied to the skin, the product blends really nicely with fingers or a brush (I use a flat-top kabuki style brush or lately, my RT expert face brush). After applying with a brush I will usually go back in and "press" the foundation in with my fingers all over so the product fills in my pores and really melds with my skin. And melds, does it ever!

I have normal-combo skin with acne mostly around the mouth and jaw due to hormones. I do get dry patches in places and oily in others, but not excessively (hence the normal label, as I can be fairly balanced). This foundation doesn't break down in my oily spots and it doesn't emphasize dry patches. What more could you ask for? It's also VERY full coverage, without looking cakey. Sometimes I use this as a concealer when I want something easy to blend and I don't have time to fuss with a little squeezy tube.

I like to use this foundation to cover up acne marks when I have redness because it actually COVERS the marks. Ladies (and gents) with acne, you know how frustrating it is to go over and over a pimple (especially one that has just been popped/drained/touched/scabbing/etc) with a concealer or foundation and the spot is too oily for any product to cover. This stuff glides right on and stays put, covering each and every little pesky bugger like a dream. It's long-wearing without a setting powder. Bonus: It's also waterproof! An associate at IMATS, where I purchased originally, told me that this was the foundation they used on the set of Titanic for the ocean scenes because it was the only one that stayed put.

The only thing I don't love is the unsanitary-ness of the pot, but it's a small price to pay for an excellent full coverage foundation that lasts, doesn't feel heavy on the skin and stays put on every zit that just won't quit.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Having tried a number of high end foundations (MAC Beauty Balm, MAC Studio Sculpt, MAC Studio Fix Fluid, MAC Mineralize Cream, MAC Studio Tech Cream, MUFE Mat Velvet, BE Original, MUFE HD, DiorSkin Extreme Wear, Bobbi Brown Skin liquid and cream compact), and drug store foundations (Meow Mineral, Revlon Colorstay, Revlon PhotoReady liquid and compact, Cover Girl Simply Ageless, L�Oreal True Match liquid and cream compact, EDM, Alima Mineral), this foundation stands out as a decent (not HG) foundation.
I have combination skin, and don't like to have too many layers (moisturizer, sunscreen, primer, foundation) on my face, so I love it when my primer/foundation combinations accomplish these goals:
1) Sophisticated Formula: a light-weight formula that feels nice on my face and isn�t cakey, oily, or highlighting dry patches;
2) Adjustable Coverage: a light-to-medium coverage foundation that can be built up enough to cover under eye circles and acne scarring (eliminates the need for concealer);
3) Low Maintenance: has enough oil-control for my T-zone, lasts throughout the day without the need for serious touch ups, and doesn�t transfer;
4) Ideal Color: product line has a shade that is as close to a perfect color match on my skin as possible;
5) Skin Care: cannot break me out or change my skin condition (make more dry/oily) over weeks of continual wear.
6) Thoughtful Packaging: packaging cannot be difficult to travel with, create a mess on my counter, or be wasteful of the product.
*Bonus points for high levels of sunscreen.
How did this foundation measure up?
1) Sophisticated Formula: (YES) I really liked how light this formula felt on my face and how it did not emphasize any flaws. Being a cream foundation, it did settle in the fine lines I have under my eyes (but so does EVERYTHING).
2) Adjustable Coverage: (YES) This foundation is so full coverage, that even a tiny bit will give you what you need, even without concealer. I like to swirl my Real Techniques brush on the top and buff into my skin. One swirl will give me full coverage for half of my face. I actually had trouble sheering it out, but using a damp sponge helped reduce the "mask" effect this can easily have because of the intense coverage.
3) Low Maintenance: (OK) Oil was controlled, but the foundation faded and rubbed off my acne spots after about 8 hours, so this would not last all day. Set with MAC Blot and used my NARS and Cinema Secrets primers with same results. So I would not use this foundation if I needed to look good all day, such as when I am on vacation and don't have time to touch up like I do at work.
4) Ideal Color: (YES) I found a decent match with Light LT3. It seemed a tiny bit yellow on me, but it's hard to say if it's a yellow or neutral tone, but it is definitely not pink. The next shade down (Light 2) is a very very light pink toned foundation, maybe NW5 (good for highlighting) and the next shade up (Light 4) is around NC/NW25. So while the shade ranges differ dramatically, I believe this foundation is meant to be used by blending the shades to create a natural look.
5) Skin Care: (N/A) Haven't worn it long enough to tell. It usually takes me about 2 months to see if a foundation is having a true effect on my skin.
6) Thoughtful Packaging: (YES) I like the packaging. Simple, no-fuss screw top with clear lid to see what shade it is.
*Sunscreen: No.
Bottom Line: This foundation was given rave reviews by Goss, one of my favorite vloggers. He got me onto the cream makeup phase. I'm glad I have these colors - they weren't expensive to purchase, you get a TON of product for how much you pay and for how little you need to use for coverage (ends up being cheaper than drugstore, for sure). It wore well, better when I used a sillicone-based primer, and may last on some types of skin. For me, this is a nice product to have tried, but it's not my HG because I need a foundation that doesn't trick me by covering my acne scarring in the AM only to fade away by noon for me to display my scarring to the world. I had the same issues with Graftobian, and I feel like these 2 foundations are incredibly similar. I prefer Cinema Secrets cream foundation over these 2 because it is a different texture and when set with MAC SFN, lasts all day and gives me ridiculous coverage. But overall, I would recommend, especially to someone on a budget.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by ivamt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference my skin is nc40/nw35 or Nars sheer glow foundation -Barcelona.I have natural red cheeks,sensitive,normal/dry skin..and I ordered and perfect match is ME4.I ordered ME1 and it is perfect match for the concealer
This is AMAZING PRODUCT.Best foundation ever...for me.
It goes on smoothly and isn't too oily or flaky and dry.
It really covers so well but doesn't feel heavy on. When you get your photo taken you can see why its called HD. It seems to erase all your flaws.
Photoshop in a jar.
Its really cheap too!
There are so many colors to choose from so you can get something that will match your skin perfectly
A little goes a long long loooong way....

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Im sure like many others I stumpled apon this foundation after wayne Goss raving review about it on youtube. Since Im always on the hunt for a HG foundation I decided to order samples of Mehron, Cinema and graftobian HD foundation (non of these were a hit, but thats for another review). Anyways not having tried a cream foundation before and since every make up artist I know clearly states cream foundations are the best for dry skin, I was very eager to try it out. First of all even though the Mehron Foundation is very creamy it did make my dry spots stand out a LOT. The thing I dislike as well is the colour. I ordered the colour LT4, which was acording to the website a warm colour. Well I dont know if i maybe got the wrong sample but this is pretty pink, Its also a tat too dark but thats the gamble I took with ordering online (Generally around NC 20-25). The thing I did like was the coverage, its around high/medium coverage and you can always sheer it out with a wet sponge. Also the lasting power was pretty decent. So I suppose this foundation could work for those who have normal/combo skin with no dry spots and need full coverage, but It definitelly wasnt for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by lole_34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

In my quest of HD creams this was my least favorite. I have very dry skin and this no matter what I put under it looked so unnatural. For across the room I looked great up close you could see it all over my skin. Its like it separated with my body heat. I tried different setting powders, primers and moisturizers, nothing helped. Good thing it was dirt cheap so it did not kill me to put it in the reject drawer.

Side note my roommate has oily, ace prone skin and LOVES this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by RoNNie1560

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Don't think I would buy this product again, my t-zone is very oily and this foundation is very creamy which makes my face feel and look greasy. I got this online at Treasure House and my shade was Medium 4 which was slightly too orange for me. The coverage was definitely not a disappointment though. It covered all my acne scaring and blemishes. I wore this to school and I had to put on quite a good bit on for it to stay the whole day without sliding off my face. When someone touched my face they would have orange grease on their fingers and if I hugged anyone they would have orange marks on whatever they were wearing which was really embarrassing and annoying. My face felt wet and clogged up my pores. I think for a very dry/dry/combination skin this foundation would leave a really beautiful flawless finish but oily/very oily skins stay away and don't waste your time and money on this. I didn't use powder with this foundation because it already looked a little cakey and settled into some lines when I smiled so I didn't want to cake on more products. Applying this with a damp sponge gives a lighter coverage but i find that with the kabuki or a flat top brush it stays on for longer. Good luck guys! x

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by miszcassiex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure anyone that knows about this product found out about it through Wayne Goss's video on YouTube, as so did I. Being a foundation junkie, I could never have enough foundations, especially ones that are raved about for $10, yes I said $10! The only other cream foundation I had tried before was the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation, that I absolutely loved, but wasn't my shade anymore once I became more tanned. I also have the Stila Perfecting Foundation stick that is amazing as well (but currently discontinued). After doing my research as to where I can get the cheapest Mehron HD Celebre foundation, I purchased it for $10.95 on camerareadycosmetics.com and the total became around $17 with the shipping. It arrived within 6 days all the way from California to New York, which is quite fast.

It was a package that I tracked everyday because I was just that excited. It came, and I immediately tried it on. It's shelled by a black box with more info about it. About the actual packaging, it's quite simple, with a black plastic container that holds a lot of product, and the logo on the back. It has a screw top clear lid so you can see the product. For the price point, who cares about the packaging, it does it's job conveniently and simply.

It looked somewhat darker in the pan, and my immediate thought was 'Oh no, I knew I should've gotten the sample for just $5 instead of getting the wrong shade'. When I applied it with my Real Techniques buffing brush, it melted into my skin like butter, and matched my neck perfectly (my face is lighter, I don't tan). I applied it all over my face and it literally took effortless blending. I didn't even pick up a ton of product on the brush, and it seemed like my face was flawless.

Because of the minimum product it takes to make your face appear flawless, you can tell that the product itself is extremely pigmented, and can give you medium to full coverage easily. Also, that means it will last so long, I'm thinking around a year, and that's if you use it everyday for medium coverage.

You don't even need that much concealer either due to the way it performs. I would only use concealer for my under eye circles.

I would recommend this product to anyone with normal, dry, or combo skin as it gives you a beautiful finish no matter what the skin type. Although you may have to tweak the routine to work for you, it wouldn't completely be horrible for anyone with oily or dry skin.

If you have dry skin, I would of course just moisturize and use it with a primer. You wouldn't even need to set it because it lasts a very long time. It will glide over any dry patches and make it appear seamless with the rest of your skin. It actually has aloe in it, and because it's so emollient, I find it moisturizing to the skin! It should last around 8-9 hours without touching up.

If you have oily skin, you should use a mattifying primer to prevent further oiliness. Then once you apply it, definitely use a setting powder and it should be fine all day. It should look great for around 6-7 hours without touch-ups.

I have normal skin, which means most products don't make my skin extra oily, or break me out. However I put on a product in the morning is typically how it'll look later in the day. I use this product with a primer and buff a small amount all over my face, and then set my T-Zone with a setting powder for extra staying power. If I'm going out and I'll be sweating, I will spray a setting spray.

This foundation typically lasts on me around 7-9 hours with great wear. By the 9th hour, my forehead just has a teeny bit of oil, but it doesn't bother me. Also, I have acne scarring and hyper pigmentation on my cheeks, and the foundation covers it beautifully with ease.

This foundation is not completely matte, nor completely dewy on it's own. Without a primer or setting powder (straight to the face), it has a semi-matte finish that looks COMPLETELY natural. It leaves you with a gorgeous naturally flawless "skin" look, as if you're skin is airbrushed.

There is no SPF in this product, hence yielding the HD qualities, but using a SPF moisturizer in my opinion doesn't mess up the HD characteristic, and you'll still get in some sun protection. This foundation photographs beautifully as if someone has photoshopped you.

It's also available in a 20 pan palette that is extremely convenient and great for makeup artists, as it is available in neutral tones, and from very pale to very dark skintones. I am an NC45 in MAC right now (due to my summer tan), and I wear the shade Dark1.

It's extremely hard to find your exact shade using the chart on the website and through the retailer, but if you Google swatches of it, you will find bloggers that have pictures of all the shades. Even if you're still not sure, you can order samples from camerareadycosmetics.com for $3.95 and then make your decision then.

Once you have found your perfect shade however, love the product and plan to repurchase, I would not buy it from camerareadycosmetics.com anymore because the shipping alone just boosts the cost up for just one product. Going on Ebay will get you the product for $11.25 with free shipping, and they have all the shades available. That is what I will do when I need to buy over the foundation, and save myself the shipping costs.

Overall, I love this product and recommend it to EVERYONE who wants an HD, flawless, effortless complexion with medium to full coverage, and a very natural looking semi-matte skin finish for under $12.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No