October 20, 2014 | 2102 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

it hasn't broke me out and i don't have to blot my oily skin every 2 hours. isn't cakey. but its really hard to get the thick liquid from the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by epace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This makeup is pretty dang awesome for only being $10! I purchased it at Target here in CA for $8.99 (it was on sale) it is the newer 24-hour wear one. Pros: Long Lasting, doesn't get Dewey, stays matte all day, full coverage Cons: No pump, hard to apply without a sponge I overall love this foundation! I have very oily and acne prone skin and this foundation covers it all without breaking me out! I definitely recommend it to anyone!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by tillybeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I first bought this foundation long before I read the reviews on MUA and after reading them, thought I would try and give it another go. But alas, it just wasn't meant to be.

I suffer from incredibly dry skin due to mild ichthyosis and have done for as long as I can remember. The ichthyosis only really affects my torso, however my face is also left so, so dry. I have yet to find someone who has to moisturize and exfoliate as much as I do! Years of different chemicals (including steroid creams - eek!) have left me finally able to get away with only applying E45 a few times a day and exfoliating every other. So finally, I have 'typically' dry skin.

Lots of foundations look horrid on my skin - quite obviously, mattified ones (let's just not ever return to the days of Maybelline Matte Mousse...)! I struggle to find less expensive foundations that don't cling to dry patches, or worse, create them. I've experimented with most d/s brands, but have found that only more pricey foundations, such as Nars, seem to work. This sitch is not good for a poor student!

When I saw the Revlon Colorstay in 'normal/dry' skin, I was really excited as there are few d/s brands that make foundation for drier skin. I also love Revlon's other products so I was hoping their foundation would be as fab.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, I found that this foundation just didn't agree with me at all! First off, it's difficult to apply. A lot of other users have said this, which I definitely took into consideration when I applied it just now after reading some reviews (I hadn't touch it for a few weeks). I applied a small amount, literally no bigger than a 5p coin size, and quickly buffed it in. I use a decent foundation brush (Real Techniques Expert Face Brush) and it still wouldn't blend in. It sat on the top of my skin, streaky and just generally ick. Then, to make matters worse, on closer inspection it had actually created dry patches on my freshly exfoliated-moisturised-primed skin! And it was under my eyes which is never a dry patch for me. It looked okay from about 3 feet away, but any closer and I looked awful.

I'm really upset because I so wanted to love this foundation - the reviews for the oily/combination foundation are great so Revlon are obviously doing something right. I just think that they've made a mattifying foundation for dry skin which is never a good idea. The colour was great too (I chose the lightest, Ivory, as my skin is ghostly in the winter). It definitely won't put me off buying other Revlon products, but I wish they'd improve this foundation to match the standards of the oily/combination one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by arielise24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really oily skin. Using this product alone is not enough for oil control but with primer and setting powder it is fantastic. The foundation lasts about 8 hours and I usually touch it up with either Revlon Colorstay powder or Neutrogena Translucent oil control powder. I LOVE this product. Anyone with oily skin needs to try this. I use 310 Warm Golden. The only reason why I give this a four is because the container is a bit of a pain. If it had a pump it would be perfect! Currently this is my HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by immiaaxo

I use this almost everyday(i mix with moisturizer to make the coverage lighter) and its great! no problems, but it's not my favorite foundation ever. stays on long too! will repurchase .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Femke77

This product is not discontinued. I don't know what they are talking about except if they mean they took the "soft-flex" out. Now it's back to its original design. I have used this make-up for many many years. I think since I was 15 years old!!! I love the perfect coverage, the perfect color match, and how natural it looks. It lasts through 13 hour shifts! I would honestly freak if this stuff was discontinued. So when I saw this, I checked!!! Whew!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by karlaleila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing coverage able to build up amazing staying power doesn't feel greasy/oily doesn't break me out bummed that it doesn't have a pump but its definitely a great product

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by x3queencunt

great coverage. feels heavy on some days, not sure why it fluctuates... but its probably the worst to remove off your face! took me multiple scrubs with cleansers even with wipes there's still residue after you're finished washing it off. but overall it's great, a little goes a long way! medium to full coverage. and really lasts all day. I pair it with my urban decay all nighter spray so it really stays put, not a single smudge

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by jessicav1

Not the worst foundation but not the best IMO. If you're acne prone, i would stay away. I used this foundation for about a month and realized it was breaking me out. The coverage is great but no matter how I applied it it looked hellaaaaa cakey. The lasting power was alright but it didn't really hold up to my oily skin even with primer, powder and spray. I got the oily/combo formula, too. While I'm sure this works wonders for some, I just couldn't continue using it because of my skin. I've switched to Estée Lauder double wear and I won't be turning back.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Acidapples

My favorite foundation, I can't believe it's discontinued. It stays all freaking day, and I have an oily T-zone. I use elf primer, rimmel stay matte powder, and elf setting spray.it lasts ALL. DAY.