July 25, 2014 | 1842 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Found this on sale at Target for around $4.50. I really love this satiny finish and how I can't even tell I'm wearing foundation. Sad to see this is being discontinued...I think I'll hit up my local drug marts to see if I can stock up. It's a "light" finish, yes, but I have fairly decent skin (with a few acne scars, mind you) and it covers everything very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this on a total whim, and it may very well be my new HG. I wear a mix of drugstore & higher-end/dept store/Sephora cosmetics - everything from ELF to Guerlain & Chanel - but I honestly never would have thought my HG foundation would be Cover Girl. This reminds me very much of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It gives light coverage with a natural, satin "your skin but better" finish. I bought 305 Alabaster (I'm NW15 and it worked fine for me) and applied it with my ELF Studio flat top powder brush (my new favorite application method). It blended extremely well and left a beautiful, natural finish - not too dewy and not too matte. No cakey-ness or settling into pores at all. I will say that this is light coverage, possibly buildable to medium, so probably best for people with "good" skin, and no major issues with acne or discoloration. My skin is good overall condition, and slightly dry, and I absolutely love this. The texture is slightly thinner than Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation, and the tube shape/size is similar. Light, clean cucumber scent that fades quickly - I didn't find it overwhelming at all. Price, I gave it a 2 since it is around $10, which is a little high for drugstore IMHO. However, it is worth it. Overall I'm really surprised by how much I like this, and I will definitely repurchase. Sadly I think this is discontinued according to the Cover Girl website, so I will buy at least 1 backup!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by brudeza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well....I am still looking for a good foundation!
    I have been using this for over a month and I was waiting to see how my skin would react to it before I added a review.
    I wanted to like it, but it is not for my skin!
    I am 31, olive skin and for the past 2 years my skin has become sensitive. Many foundations make me break out ( I have not tried many, yet)
    This foundation has a good matching color, which I give A+. Also a refreshing cucumber sent. On the other hand it feels like a mask on my skin and make my eyes sting. It goes on like a tinted moisturizer.
    I believe it would work for someone who is looking for a light coverage and has oily to combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I stopped buying CG years ago and am always entertained watching one new product after another get replaced on store shelvex. What does that tell us? They cant make a winner. So you can imagine my surprise when i found the line 75% off at rite aid. For 3 bucks i decided to give it a try since all i seem to be doing lately is rotating medicore foundations anyway.
    Holy shit, CG surprised me. Im in love with the color, the finish,the scent, the ease at which it blends and doesnt settle in but looks completely natural.
    So im guessing we can kiss this line goodbye in the next few months, but you should try it before its gone. Who knows what crappy formula they may try next.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by xoxovo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Natureluxe really changed my mind about CG foundations. Tru Blend really traumatized me and put me off of their face products for quite awhile. With that being said. This foundation smells great, pigmented and goes on smoothly. I honestly have no complaints.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

I really like this liquid foundation. It provides coverage without looking too fake or cakey. It is a light coverage though since I can still see some on my uneven spots. This foundation is for people who like a natural makeup look than super flawless skin. It is buildable, but doesn't hide really red pimples or dark, dark acne scars. However, I like a more natural look, so this foundation is perfect for me.
    It's goes on great, very smooth and it blends really well. It's not as liquidy as other liquid foundation or thick; it's kind of mousse-like. Finding the right shade was a bit hard since some shades looks so similar and the online swatches they have on the covergirl website didn't help at all. Plus it doesn't have a wide variety of color. But 315 is the one for mee:) I'm NC20-25
    Reviewers has said it fade a bit during throughout day, and it does and it looked like was melting! That same thing happened to me, BUT a couple months later I discovered and used a primer and translucent powder and it stay put all day!!
    Natureluxe foundation also have a dewy look to it and along with my t-zone, I look greasy (and melting) than glowy. So I started to wear translucent powder and my face stopped looking greasy. So a nice tip: wear translucent powder or you will look oily depending on your skin type.
    Like the claim on the product, it is really light, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing any foundation, but a tinted moisturizer. People compared this as a TM, I guess that makes sense since it doesn't provide maximum coverage, but a light one. However, it does conceal more imperfections than TMs. Some people think the smell is too chemically, however, I liked the smell.
    This packaging is great, in a nice tube and not in a glass bottle. Than means easier to get the foundation out, it's clean, and I don't have to go out and get a pump! And yes it is a bit expensive for drugstore cosmetic around $10-13, but I find this product does last me for quite some time; however, that depends on how much you use. One even lasted me a whole year!
    Overall, this foundation makes me feel pretty:) will keep on buying!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by ooba12345

I have combo/oily skin, yellow undertones and acne scars. This foundation has light coverage but evens out my skintone. It doesn't cover my scars but makes them appear less noticeable. That is pretty much all that is good about this product. The foundation is lightweight but I think you can still feel it on your skin. When I first apply it, it burns my skin like I can actually feel my skin tingle like it's burning. Weird. It blends in quite well. The color selection is horrible. The foundation doesn't make me super oily only a bit shiny but it fades. At the end of the day, I don't have anymore foundation around my mouth, my nose and my eye area. It looks awful. The packaging is okay. The foundation has a slight flowery scent to it, nothing too crazy. I don't recommend this foundation at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by happyisbeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference: light-medium asian, dry skin, clogged pores but no pimples or acne really

If foundations tend to look or feel cakey on you, you would love this. I seriously could never tell I was wearing it by the feel. However, I stopped using this (and other foundations altogether) because it was clogging my pores and little bumps on my skin were appearing. Also it definitely wore off some by the end of a school day. Not particularly dewey or matte but it added a nice glow to the skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Chevygirl14

I absolutely loved this product-it was amazing coverage, silky and weightless feeling on my skin, and there was a sweet smell to it. But it made me break out so, so badly. This is the second foundation i've ever used, the first being Maybelline's airfoam, and this gave me awful zits all over my forehead, nose, chin, and around my lips. I'm still trying to get rid of my acne from this. Will not be repurchasing:(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by HoneyP