October 24, 2014 | 1100 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by theanonymousse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

-Dries fairly quickly, although I'd say a bit too quickly when I'd put a little bit all over my face to even it out with a brush (halfway dries out by then)
    -Accentuates the pores around my nose because it becomes cakey when dried
    -Dries one or two shades lighter
    -Smell is nice although I personally prefer non-scented cosmetics--don't exactly want the smell to scream 'hey i'm wearing makeup even though I'm going for the natural look!'
    -Packaging is okay although when I just need a bit of liquid there is a tendency to squeeze out too much. **Make sure to turn it tight or else the liquid will spill out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

LOVE this product. Blends perfectly, looks natural with medium coverage. It's a dewy, almost sun kissed look (WITHOUT being orange, which is a must.) More like a heavier tinted moisturizer than a foundation. I've been wearing it daily for two weeks now and have had 0 blemishes pop up, which is always great. The only cons of this product is that after roughly 3 and a half hours of wear, it crosses the thin line between "dewy" and "shiny/sweaty/kinda oily." I tried dusting a bit of ELF translucent setting powder in the morning, and it just made this already great foundation look flawless and last all day. (Problem solved.) Am totally buying again after my 1st bottle runs out. (:

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this foundation because i often like to have a cheaper drugstore foundation on hand so i'm not constantly using my higher end ones. This intrigued me because it was advertised as having light coverage with a nature finish. I can honestly say i do think that it looks great on the skin and there is a very nice shade selection. It lasts decently well on my skin and applies nicely. This reason i can only give this foundation a 3 is because the smell is so overwhelming. I know its intended to have a cucumber smell, but quite frankly i think its smells strongly of urine.. straight up. I dread applying this because i hate the scent so much, which really is unfortunate because the foundation itself is a very good product, i wish cover girl would remove the fragrance though!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by kaylababin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation, it's definitely the best one I've found so far. I've got fairly oily skin, and this stuff doesn't dissolve, spread or separate like a lot of other foundations do on my face. As long as I set it with powder (which I do with all foundations anyway), it lasts a lllll day long looking pretty much the same as when I put it on in the morning- I really only have to blot and re-powder my face once during the day. It feels really light on my skin, but at the same time covers everything and evens out my skin tone fantastically. The stuff smells pretty cool too, not too overpowering. I bought this in Flax, which should suit most lighter skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Found this on sale at Target for around $4.50. I really love this satiny finish and how I can't even tell I'm wearing foundation. Sad to see this is being discontinued...I think I'll hit up my local drug marts to see if I can stock up. It's a "light" finish, yes, but I have fairly decent skin (with a few acne scars, mind you) and it covers everything very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this on a total whim, and it may very well be my new HG. I wear a mix of drugstore & higher-end/dept store/Sephora cosmetics - everything from ELF to Guerlain & Chanel - but I honestly never would have thought my HG foundation would be Cover Girl. This reminds me very much of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It gives light coverage with a natural, satin "your skin but better" finish. I bought 305 Alabaster (I'm NW15 and it worked fine for me) and applied it with my ELF Studio flat top powder brush (my new favorite application method). It blended extremely well and left a beautiful, natural finish - not too dewy and not too matte. No cakey-ness or settling into pores at all. I will say that this is light coverage, possibly buildable to medium, so probably best for people with "good" skin, and no major issues with acne or discoloration. My skin is good overall condition, and slightly dry, and I absolutely love this. The texture is slightly thinner than Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation, and the tube shape/size is similar. Light, clean cucumber scent that fades quickly - I didn't find it overwhelming at all. Price, I gave it a 2 since it is around $10, which is a little high for drugstore IMHO. However, it is worth it. Overall I'm really surprised by how much I like this, and I will definitely repurchase. Sadly I think this is discontinued according to the Cover Girl website, so I will buy at least 1 backup!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by brudeza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well....I am still looking for a good foundation!
    I have been using this for over a month and I was waiting to see how my skin would react to it before I added a review.
    I wanted to like it, but it is not for my skin!
    I am 31, olive skin and for the past 2 years my skin has become sensitive. Many foundations make me break out ( I have not tried many, yet)
    This foundation has a good matching color, which I give A+. Also a refreshing cucumber sent. On the other hand it feels like a mask on my skin and make my eyes sting. It goes on like a tinted moisturizer.
    I believe it would work for someone who is looking for a light coverage and has oily to combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I stopped buying CG years ago and am always entertained watching one new product after another get replaced on store shelvex. What does that tell us? They cant make a winner. So you can imagine my surprise when i found the line 75% off at rite aid. For 3 bucks i decided to give it a try since all i seem to be doing lately is rotating medicore foundations anyway.
    Holy shit, CG surprised me. Im in love with the color, the finish,the scent, the ease at which it blends and doesnt settle in but looks completely natural.
    So im guessing we can kiss this line goodbye in the next few months, but you should try it before its gone. Who knows what crappy formula they may try next.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by xoxovo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Natureluxe really changed my mind about CG foundations. Tru Blend really traumatized me and put me off of their face products for quite awhile. With that being said. This foundation smells great, pigmented and goes on smoothly. I honestly have no complaints.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

I really like this liquid foundation. It provides coverage without looking too fake or cakey. It is a light coverage though since I can still see some on my uneven spots. This foundation is for people who like a natural makeup look than super flawless skin. It is buildable, but doesn't hide really red pimples or dark, dark acne scars. However, I like a more natural look, so this foundation is perfect for me.
    It's goes on great, very smooth and it blends really well. It's not as liquidy as other liquid foundation or thick; it's kind of mousse-like. Finding the right shade was a bit hard since some shades looks so similar and the online swatches they have on the covergirl website didn't help at all. Plus it doesn't have a wide variety of color. But 315 is the one for mee:) I'm NC20-25
    Reviewers has said it fade a bit during throughout day, and it does and it looked like was melting! That same thing happened to me, BUT a couple months later I discovered and used a primer and translucent powder and it stay put all day!!
    Natureluxe foundation also have a dewy look to it and along with my t-zone, I look greasy (and melting) than glowy. So I started to wear translucent powder and my face stopped looking greasy. So a nice tip: wear translucent powder or you will look oily depending on your skin type.
    Like the claim on the product, it is really light, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing any foundation, but a tinted moisturizer. People compared this as a TM, I guess that makes sense since it doesn't provide maximum coverage, but a light one. However, it does conceal more imperfections than TMs. Some people think the smell is too chemically, however, I liked the smell.
    This packaging is great, in a nice tube and not in a glass bottle. Than means easier to get the foundation out, it's clean, and I don't have to go out and get a pump! And yes it is a bit expensive for drugstore cosmetic around $10-13, but I find this product does last me for quite some time; however, that depends on how much you use. One even lasted me a whole year!
    Overall, this foundation makes me feel pretty:) will keep on buying!