October 20, 2014 | 1950 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Perplex

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I found three bottles in Ulta today, and I didn't buy them. I just don't like the color in Chanel, or the dupe. I was kind of thrilled to see it (for 5 seconds), because it is rare to find the Revlon dupe. I then opened a bottle to examine it in the light. I think the new polishes debut already popular and that isn't really appealing to me. I left them there for someone else to buy. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by esmerelda2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color. Its a beautiful deep eggplant purplish gray color. The purple has like an iridiscent violet shimmer when ure in bright light. In low light however, its a pretty grayish color. It is perplexing, for real! Sometimes u'll swear it's oh-so-purple and at other times, you'll be like "hold up, this is totally gray." Love products that are puzzling like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by heartkendal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A really subtle, chic purple-y taupe with hidden purple shimmer throughout. I searched high and low for this bad boy before stumbling across it at my closest (45 minutes away) Ulta. It goes beautifully with my pale skin tone. The formula was great, and could be a one coater if you're careful (I'm not). I love how cheeky Revlon's ad was too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I never, ever would have looked twice at this color but for all the rave reviews over this and the Chanel color just like it. And yes, I put my nails up next to a friend who had "the real thing" on and you cannot tell the difference. I hate it when people call something a dupe when it's not really so I don't use the word dupe lightly. DUPE!

This is a strange color but it's beautiful. It's actually very neutral. A deep smoked purple with just a hint of shimmer. It does not read purple or anything close to it unless I'm in the bright sun.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by lissette0221

love love love this color! Put it on tonight and it went on flawlessly. One coat would have been enough but just to be sure I put two on. I picked it up at ulta for $4.49 and even got $2 off because I had extra on my Ulta rewards! Great buy!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Neopatra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. It looked mighty meh in the bottle. It went on smoothly, and like someone else said, it's a one-coater if you're careful.

But honestly. It's *ugly.*

5-10 years from now, we are gonna look back on this color, and all the greiges, the algae-bloom greens, the funky opalescents that look like a skin disease, the bruised, zombie-tone purples, the public-school-corridor blues and greens, and the colors that look like automotive primer, and we are gonna think: "Sweet Mother Mary Consomme of BEEF! How could we have WORN this stuff??? We thought it was so cool at the time--Oh, Holy CRAP! It was THE FUG!!!!"

17 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by kmcelroy66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Perfect DUPE of Paradoxal, IMO. I now have both and cannot tell a difference when they are on my nails. Perplex is better quality, I think. It has a smooth application and almost a one "coater". And it is cheaper! Lasts longer and chip resistant. I was disappointed in the Chanel when I purchased. Perplex made me happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Supposed to be a DUPE for Chanel Paradoxal...I don't have the Chanel as I've been trying to be good. :) As for this color in particular...I had one heck of a time finding it here. Today I finally came across two in my CVS and picked both up (they were at the back of the display...so I think someone was attempting to hide them for later)...if this was you...SORRY...but I couldn't help when I saw these but to buy both! Anyway, I just redid my mani and am in <3 with this color! I may even redo this mani in some fashion for X-Mas eve/day...that's how much I adore how this looks on my nails! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a little skeptical about this NP because it does not look like much in the bottle. However, it looks amazing on my nails! It's a great color and has that hidden shimmer that looks great. Makes me smile when I look at my nails. It was a bit of a PITA to find, but once I did it was great. Very pleased with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by vvs9992003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love this NP! I don't have Paradoxal so I can't compare, but just judging it on its own, this polish is amazing! Unfortunately the hidden shimmer is only visible in direct, bright sunlight, but indoors and in indirect lighting, it is a beautiful dusty mix between dark purple and grey. I have been getting compliments on them nearly every day and it is such a beautiful color for fall/winter. The nail swatch pictures here are very accurate.

Now on to the formula -- I love Revlon's formula, and Perplex does not disappoint. It goes on totally opaque in only 2 coats, and applies very smoothly and evenly. The brush is just the perfect size for quick yet precise application. I didn't even need to use acetone to clean up! I have been wearing it for 5 days now (with Bonder BC and Orly In a Snap TC) and it is completely chip free with only a tiny hint of tipwear.

Overall, Revlon made a winner! If you don't already have Paradoxal, I would say run out to your nearest CVS to buy this!