July 25, 2014 | 1836 users online

Liquid - E.L.F. - Flawless Finish Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Biscut

Ok so I have combination oily sensitive skin ......this broke me out for a week then my skin adjusted.....i have a lot of acne scars but for 6$$ I couldn't resist trying this out......it gives a pretty dewy finish and has decent coverage, but for its thickness it could be better I'm most likely not buying this foundation again because it is too thick an doesn't have a good all day stay however someone with dry to normal skin and minimum scaring/redness could definitely use this foundation even someone with sensitive skin like me.....I just have too much oil and scaring for this product

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by beautygroove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm actually not sure how I feel about this elf foundation lol. I bought it online because it was cheap and never really cared for it much. I forgot which shade though but I believe it was 'Sand.' I love that it comes with a pump. Coverage is good and it lasted for me throughout the day. Anyways, the foundation itself is alright, but I don't think I'll bother to buy it again. I have to finish the bottle I have now. >_>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by beccaisapunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to foundation everyday.
I get so many compliments on my skin, and both of my sisters loved it so much on me they're now committed to elf foundation too.
It's summer, and I've been to the beach a few times so I'm a little sunkissed, not my normal flat pale skin so I bought this in like.. Sand? It's the shade above the lightest. I'll more than likely have to switch to the lightest during the fall and winter.
I absolutely adore the smell of this stuff, not sure what other people may like but it smells perfume-ey to me. Not overbearing, just lovely. It is a bit shiny, if you like a matte finish I'd invest in some mattifying powder or some of their shine blotting sheets ELF also sells for like a dollar, which I haven't had to buy but it's a thought.
It's not really orangey, it's just really pigmented. A pump goes a long way, I apply this with elf's small stippling brush and I adore it.
I give it 5/5 because it is so cheap, and really an amazing product. Much better than alot of the other liquid foundations out there.
Because it is olier, it CAN clog pores, I wash my face daily, and such and it will give me an occasional spot or two if I wear it constantly.
It also lasts extremely well in heat. Never had it melt off on my face.
If you were an extremely extremely pale person I don't know if even the lightest shades would work, their foundations do have a more yellow pigment to it, but it doesn't oxidize really from my use.
Great blendability, really good coverage.
Not cakey at all.
Totally love elf and this product is my fave.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Vixes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had to take a break from Revlon Colorstay because the shade I have is just too pink for my skin tone. I've had this foundation for a while, but when my breakouts got pretty bad, I found that Colorstay just covered them better. But this ELF foundation in porcelain is a much better color match for me, at least for summer when I'm darker.

It has a chemical-y smell that goes away when on the skin. Doesn't bother me, but some people can be sensitive to that. Like many others mentioned, it has a pump, which is really convenient. I haven't had problems with it breaking on me yet, but I have had problems with other pumps on ELF products before, so just beware. One big thing to mention is that it costs $6 which is on the pricey side for ELF products (used to cost $3). Also, you get 0.8oz of product, so to get the equivalent amount of product of Colorstay, you'd pay about $7.50. Not all that cheap for an ELF product, but still an okay price for a drugstore foundation.

In terms of wear, this gives my skin a nice, dewy finish. I'd imagine oilier girls would have difficulty making this work on them, but nothing some powder can't fix. The coverage is medium and is somewhat buildable (I used to use Colorstay to double as a concealer, but when using ELF, I find it works better to just use a concealer). I wore this once on a very hot day, and it was slowly coming off, BUT I hadn't set it with a powder that day. This typically does last all day as long as I set it and as long as it isn't too hot outside. Overall, I think this foundation is great for school/work or during cooler days where I don't have to worry about my foundation melting away. Also great for days where I don't need a lot of coverage. My Colorstay still wins because of the extra coverage and staying power, but this one is getting more love from me lately because I was able to find a more closely accurate color match.

***EDIT: Lightest shade is way too dark for me for fall/winter. I've switched back to Colorstay, but I now use 150 Buff. Color selection for ELF could definitely be better. I wouldn't repurchase but it is still a nice foundation, so I will probably finish it up when summer comes back around.***

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by ageleg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just wanted to say that AT FIRST, I loved this foundation. I bought several bottles of it and would mix shades because I liked it so much. It wore all day for me and was almost full coverage. Then something happened. I had taken a break from it. When I came back to it, my face became swollen beyond belief! You almost couldn't see my eyes because my cheeks had swollen so big and my face itched and burned. This lasted for several days. I thought, initially it was my cleanser face wipes. It wasn't. I was so disappointed that it may actually be caused by the ELF foundation, that months later, I tried it again. LOL. Again, swollen face; burning, itching and the effects lasted for several days. Not sure what to say about this, it may just be MY skin. I had to throw away all my bottles of ELF foundation. I am now going to try the ELF acne foundation and see if it's any better on my skin. If anyone else had this experience, can you let me know? I don't hear or read any complaints along these lines for this product, so I'm not sure if my skin is changing or what. I also alternate foundations between Colorstay and Rimmel long lasting 24 hr foundation. No problems with those.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by em0hly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in love with this foundation! As a person who doesn't enjoy the feel of liquid foundation on my face, I have found this this product makes my face feel less cake-y than most I have tried wearing.

I did find that when trying to pick out the right skin tone for myself, that the clouded glass of the bottle made it difficult to choose which was right for me, and ended up picking one a shade too dark for myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Pauser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually really, really liked this! It goes on smoothly, blends well, and provides good coverage. I am fair and ordered Sand. It matches my skin tone perfectly. Because it is oil free, I was worried it might not blend well on my dry skin, but I found it quite hydrating. This means that if you have oily skin, you should probably try a different product. I did not notice any particular scent, and I am usually fairly sensitive to them. I will buy this again, although I prefer cream foundations. But I like it as well or better as some other more-expensive liquid foundations I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Surprisingly, this is not bad for a $6 foundation. I grabbed this in Porcelain because my usual foundation ran out and I'm not ready to order more. I do not find this to be orange at all, like some other reviewers are saying, nor does it have a strong scent. The packaging looks sophisticated to me. My only complaint is that anything with SPF seems to leave me with immediate shine, including this. I probably won't actively seek this out again, but won't mind using it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Meggars96

I looks great when I first put it on but after several hours I have to touch up. I use a primer but this stuff looks cakey after awhile and my acne is more visible. I would recommend it for someone who doesn't need to cover acne. Overall I wouldn't repurchase this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

Pros:
Nice finish, texture
great pump bottle

Cons:
THE SCENT! WAY TOO PERFUMEY! WHY????
Porcelain is not light enough for anyone that uses an Ivory or Porcelain foundation.

Shame.