August 21, 2014 | 1304 users online

Liquid - E.L.F. - Flawless Finish Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while back at Target for my travel kit. I am NW15 and bought Porcelain. This is a medium to full coverage foundation with a satin finish. I didn't have any issues with weird scents or breakouts, and I found that this lasted very well through a workday for me. Blended easily, no fading or settling into pores. For an inexpensive foundation, this definitely gets the job done. My skin tends to be dry, so I didn't have any issues, but this may be a little too "dewy" for those with oilier skin types. Overall I thought this was a "just fine" foundation, although nothing truly outstanding or amazing about it. I keep all drugstore products in my travel kit, so for that, I would definitely repurchase.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have read the reviews, but still wanted to give this foundation a chance. I purchased 2. one in porcelain and sand. my skin complexion is fair with yellow understones (colorstay in buff, loreal true match w2-sorry i dont wear mac foundation). the texture is gel like, not quite but like garnier bb cream 1st formula (Not the oil free one). since i do have oily skin, with this foundation i skipped my oil free moisturizer...and dotted my forehead, nose, chin and cheeks (used have a pumps worth). for me this foundation acted like an overall corrector. it made my skin look seamless, i was surprised. i used my nyc loose powder to set it and my goodness, my face looked like i spent 50$ in a foundation! no cakeyness...no streaks.... wear time for me was my usual 5 hours...but with a clean tissue paper i blotted my face....it looked as if i freshly put makeup on. after reading the reviews here, i can see why people were disappointed. but as a 35 let me tell you....with time you will know your face. in my case i knew i have oily skin, i knew what i can and cannot do. if you have oily skin. you can still pull this off....you just cannot slatter on with this foundation...less is more. you have redness around ur nose, or face? this covers some, but not all..you will need to use a corrector. im extremely pleased with this foundation. highly reccomend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a love/hate-relationship with this foundation. On days I want full coverage, I LOVE it. On days I don't, it's the worst foundation ever. 'Cause it is full coverage. It doesn't really look natural. Also, it has a slight perfumed smell. It does tend to settle into my dry spots (I happen to have really dry skin above my top lip because of eczema, so that doesn't look too attractive).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have known about E.L.F for years, but I have not really used much of it. I found this at Target one day and needed foundation anyway. I like the look for the bottle. It has a higher end look to it and has a nice feel in my hand. The foundation has a thicker consistency to it and I liked that it did not seem too thin. The coverage is pretty decent and gave me a dewy cover. The problem for me is the shade. Despite my having this in Porcelain it is way too dark. I would describe this as a dark ivory. So this is no where close to a Porcelain. Even in the warmer months this is a bad match for my very fair skin. If they could fix the shade on this I would bump it up on lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by NiaMunster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

So I have oily skin and this product is sorta a dewy finish
so someone with oily skin you try to avoid this but the coverage is nice I say its a medium coverage. I apply it with the E.L.F stippling brush and since I want a matte finish I apply the E.L.F tone correcting powder over it. Im used to buying the Make Up For Ever foundation but its way too expensive so this E.L.F foundation is now my go to foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this and have to say that I really really like it. I was skeptical about drugstore foundation but this one really does the job for me. I have dry skin and it's been really hard for me to find a good foundation. I applied this with a sponge/blender and my skin looks flawless, it has good lasting power, I had it on for about 7 hours and my makeup still looked intact! It is great for the price $6, but the bottle is not that big. The packaging is good, I feel the pump is a little faulty sometimes. I have medium to light-tan skin so I got the buff shade and it matches my skin perfectly. Overall it is a good product for the price. I would definitely buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bad foundation. Dull color and oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Biscut

Ok so I have combination oily sensitive skin ......this broke me out for a week then my skin adjusted.....i have a lot of acne scars but for 6$$ I couldn't resist trying this out......it gives a pretty dewy finish and has decent coverage, but for its thickness it could be better I'm most likely not buying this foundation again because it is too thick an doesn't have a good all day stay however someone with dry to normal skin and minimum scaring/redness could definitely use this foundation even someone with sensitive skin like me.....I just have too much oil and scaring for this product

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by beautygroove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm actually not sure how I feel about this elf foundation lol. I bought it online because it was cheap and never really cared for it much. I forgot which shade though but I believe it was 'Sand.' I love that it comes with a pump. Coverage is good and it lasted for me throughout the day. Anyways, the foundation itself is alright, but I don't think I'll bother to buy it again. I have to finish the bottle I have now. >_>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by beccaisapunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to foundation everyday.
I get so many compliments on my skin, and both of my sisters loved it so much on me they're now committed to elf foundation too.
It's summer, and I've been to the beach a few times so I'm a little sunkissed, not my normal flat pale skin so I bought this in like.. Sand? It's the shade above the lightest. I'll more than likely have to switch to the lightest during the fall and winter.
I absolutely adore the smell of this stuff, not sure what other people may like but it smells perfume-ey to me. Not overbearing, just lovely. It is a bit shiny, if you like a matte finish I'd invest in some mattifying powder or some of their shine blotting sheets ELF also sells for like a dollar, which I haven't had to buy but it's a thought.
It's not really orangey, it's just really pigmented. A pump goes a long way, I apply this with elf's small stippling brush and I adore it.
I give it 5/5 because it is so cheap, and really an amazing product. Much better than alot of the other liquid foundations out there.
Because it is olier, it CAN clog pores, I wash my face daily, and such and it will give me an occasional spot or two if I wear it constantly.
It also lasts extremely well in heat. Never had it melt off on my face.
If you were an extremely extremely pale person I don't know if even the lightest shades would work, their foundations do have a more yellow pigment to it, but it doesn't oxidize really from my use.
Great blendability, really good coverage.
Not cakey at all.
Totally love elf and this product is my fave.