E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octyl Salicylate 2%, Titanium Dioxide 5.5% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Boron Nitride, Barium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 9/3/2014 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

ELF Foundation.....that seemed kinda scary to me before I tried this. I have lots of ELF. I love most of it too. Blushes, shadows, brushes, even a mascara, however, the idea of putting a "cheap" foundation on my face scared me. I am not a high end make up snob. Don't get me wrong. Let's face it though, when you see something like foundation for $6 you get a little skeptical.........but......

I really enjoy this foundation. I have the color porcelain. It's thick, creamy and applies nicely. I used my Real Techniques Flat buffing brush. The coverage is medium but you can work it up. It's not greasy or anything. (It's oil free) I have dry skin too and this sits nice on the skin, even throughout the day. I never powder and so I can't speak for oily skinned people about this aspect of the foundation. I didn't break out or anything bad. The onnly thing about this foundation is the color selection. Porcelain is great for me, but if you're super fair it's probably a bit dark. I found this with the HD concealer too. I don't dock it lippies for that though because the shades good for me. Totally worth a try if you've been thinking of a new affordable foundation.

It's got a pump. That's just awesome. It makes it clean, and look luxurious. It's nice packaging.

on 8/19/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this foundation so far. I have the shade porcelain, and I mixed it with a few drops of the Revlon photoready skinlights in barelight to give it a little glow. I just put a pump of the foundation on the back of my hand, then a couple drops of the skinlights, and mixed with the brush. I applied it with the Real Tecniques flawless face brush. No matter what foundation you choose, the application is the key, and this brush gives the best I have seen. Lasted just fine through a full day of housework and activities. I have never tried any high end foundations, so I can't compare, but this stuff met my needs just fine. Not sure if I would repurchase, so many other products out there to try. Price was fair, packaging was good.

EDIT- This is a tad too light for me for summer so I have been mixing it with the Physicians Formula Argan Oil BB Cream, which is a bit darker and yellower. So far it has been a good match.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It has not break me out, that's a definite plus. This in combination of the mineral infuse primer and the matifyingpowder makes my makeup last a lot, doesn't make me shiny and yes I really really like it

on 8/17/2014 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I cannot stress enough on how much I love this foundation. I am Asian with a darker olive skin which im usually using my Mineralize MAC foundation, that was okay... but I thought I would try this foundation and for $3 I cannot complain. I love this stuff so much!! I use the correction color primer from E.L.F let it sit for about 5 mins then put on my foundation, the color I have (Caramel) is the most perfect match for me. My skin is actually so flawless and will use this every day! I have literally saved so much money not buying MAC when I could buy 16 bottles of this stuff. I just simply dot it around my face and use my Real Techniques brush. This is about a Medium coverage but its buildable and doesn’t get too oily around my T zone. Buy it! you will love it!!

on 8/11/2014 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I tested it on my hand and it looked ashy...thats not the worst part... It burned my hand and turned it red! now I'm scared to buy elf products

on 8/4/2014 6:05:00 AM

really good price and quality but danng it looked orange even tho i got the shade porceline. the packaging is sleek glass. but if your fair then look away cuz it left me with a orange mask:/ it had such good coverage too:(

on 7/27/2014 10:47:00 PM

I'm in Canada and we just got Target stores as of last summer. They recently released E.L.F products (which is awesome). My aunt bought some of this foundation today, we both tested it out together and couldn't believe the formula and coverage! We went back tonight and I picked some up. On the actual bottle it says the use is to prevent sunburn and to reapply every two hours. So I have no idea what that's about, since it's marketed as a foundation, lol. It has a nice creamy texture/formula, and I think it's a medium coverage, but certainly build-able. My aunt and I both use the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo foundation which is about $42.00. I'm a little past half through my bottle of that and have been cringing at the thought of having to repurchase it. So for $8.00 I cannot complain! The scent is even nice. It sort of smells like Tide laundry soap though, lol.

Thought I'd save myself some money and picked this one up for less than half the price of regular drugstore foundations. E.L.F. products are pretty hit or miss, some you cannot believe the deals on and some, well, you just can't believe....this one was marked PORCELAIN, and the the color in the bottle looked similar to Revlon and Cover Girl shades that I normally use. Once home, to my surprise, it was incredibly ( I mean a LOT) darker than "porcelain" and that distinct orangey color that some companies just don't seem interested in getting rid of. Not sure on the wear as I had to scrub it off immediately due to the dramatic color difference between it and my skin. Taking it back to Target and hoping they will accept an opened make up return. Don't go near this stuff without a tester.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I ran out of foundation one day and was low on cash so I decided to give this foundation a try after looking at some reviews online and seeing that this was pretty well received. I bought it in the shade "Porcelain". First, this shade needs to be called something else. I am quite fair-skinned and this foundation was WAY too dark for me. I ended up having to mix it with my white foundation to wear it. I also don't like the smell that this foundation has (it's perfume-y and chemical). But. This foundation wears well and lasts several hours on my skin. I live in the south where it stays over 100 F in the summer and 95% and up humidity. I can make it through my work day (with 1 powder touch up) and my face still look ok. This can hold up. I can't wear a primer with this though but it might just be my skin. Water-based primer or silicone based my skin will look really shiny/greasy if I use any primer with this. Without, it looks more natural and like my skin. I apply this several ways too. Sometimes I just use my fingers and pat/smooth it over my skin. If I want full coverage, it is easily achieved with a brush. If I want this foundation to look like my skin but better, I use my beauty blender. Any way I've applied it, this foundation has looked good on my skin as long as I've mixed in my white Dreamtone with it first to match it to me. I am not on my second bottle of this. If you can get over the smell, it is a really good budget-friendly choice.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I rarely use foundation but decided to give this a go after all the great reviews. I bought this color in sand. It matches my skin tone perfectly. It goes on very smooth and had an amazing smell. I love the pump bottle. It doesn't dry out my skin and has awesome coverage. For the price of 8.00 CA this is great. Most drugstore foundations are 10.00-15.00. I will buy this again