E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octyl Salicylate 2%, Titanium Dioxide 5.5% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Boron Nitride, Barium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 9/24/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm running out of my tarte foundation and honestly just want to find something more affordable for my oily skin. Saw this and read the reviews before I bought it because I was seriously skeptical for $6. I am pleasantly surprised, this is pretty awesome, only thing is it's pretty sheer coverage but works for me for everyday use but it is buildable. The scent is a little strong and lingers but I am willing to deal with it for the price and quality. Nice packaging too, love the pump. For reference I'm an NC30 and got this on nude. ***update*** it's been about a month and I'm liking this more and more each time I use it, I find that it stays put on my oily skin longer than any other even expensive foundations I've used, my only complain now is that the porcelain is too light and the buff is a tad too dark so since I like it so much I bought one of each and I'll just mix them ;)

I bought this around the same time I purchased Clinique's Even Better foundation. It cost me around $6 CAD and Clinique's was around $40 CAD. While the Clinique fell flat, settling into every line and dry spot I had, I've used this foundation two days in a row and it makes my skin look great. It is definitely a matte finish. I have the shade "Porclein" and while it's slightly too yellow when I swatch it, I can still use it on my face and it somehow matches very closely. It doesn't make my pores look noticeable, accentuate any of my dry spots, or make my face look shiny. I dot this on my face after using E.L.F.'s Mineral Infused Primer in Clear, smooth it out a bit, then use a buffing brush to blend it to perfection. Even without concealer this covers acne and dark circles reasonably well. I set it with a matte finishing powder and I'm ready to go! I wore this all day at work and I was lifting things, moving things, running around and sweating for over eight hours, and it still looked flawless by the end of the night. Love this foundation and can't wait to try out the others! Only complaint is I wish there were more shades. Cooler tones would be nice as most in this line are warm toned.

on 9/9/2014 10:56:00 AM

I am notorious for NOT spending a lot of money on foundation.
But I gave this a try ( in lightest shade ) and was really surprised how silky & smooth it was. I

It was just a tad too dark..but I simply mix about a small pea size
drop of sunscreen - usually just zinc or titanium. This has been a trick of mine for years. It lightens just enough- and provides extra sun protection. Awesome!

on 9/3/2014 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

ELF Foundation.....that seemed kinda scary to me before I tried this. I have lots of ELF. I love most of it too. Blushes, shadows, brushes, even a mascara, however, the idea of putting a "cheap" foundation on my face scared me. I am not a high end make up snob. Don't get me wrong. Let's face it though, when you see something like foundation for $6 you get a little skeptical.........but......

I really enjoy this foundation. I have the color porcelain. It's thick, creamy and applies nicely. I used my Real Techniques Flat buffing brush. The coverage is medium but you can work it up. It's not greasy or anything. (It's oil free) I have dry skin too and this sits nice on the skin, even throughout the day. I never powder and so I can't speak for oily skinned people about this aspect of the foundation. I didn't break out or anything bad. The onnly thing about this foundation is the color selection. Porcelain is great for me, but if you're super fair it's probably a bit dark. I found this with the HD concealer too. I don't dock it lippies for that though because the shades good for me. Totally worth a try if you've been thinking of a new affordable foundation.

It's got a pump. That's just awesome. It makes it clean, and look luxurious. It's nice packaging.

on 8/19/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this foundation so far. I have the shade porcelain, and I mixed it with a few drops of the Revlon photoready skinlights in barelight to give it a little glow. I just put a pump of the foundation on the back of my hand, then a couple drops of the skinlights, and mixed with the brush. I applied it with the Real Tecniques flawless face brush. No matter what foundation you choose, the application is the key, and this brush gives the best I have seen. Lasted just fine through a full day of housework and activities. I have never tried any high end foundations, so I can't compare, but this stuff met my needs just fine. Not sure if I would repurchase, so many other products out there to try. Price was fair, packaging was good.

EDIT- This is a tad too light for me for summer so I have been mixing it with the Physicians Formula Argan Oil BB Cream, which is a bit darker and yellower. So far it has been a good match.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It has not break me out, that's a definite plus. This in combination of the mineral infuse primer and the matifyingpowder makes my makeup last a lot, doesn't make me shiny and yes I really really like it

on 8/17/2014 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I cannot stress enough on how much I love this foundation. I am Asian with a darker olive skin which im usually using my Mineralize MAC foundation, that was okay... but I thought I would try this foundation and for $3 I cannot complain. I love this stuff so much!! I use the correction color primer from E.L.F let it sit for about 5 mins then put on my foundation, the color I have (Caramel) is the most perfect match for me. My skin is actually so flawless and will use this every day! I have literally saved so much money not buying MAC when I could buy 16 bottles of this stuff. I just simply dot it around my face and use my Real Techniques brush. This is about a Medium coverage but its buildable and doesn’t get too oily around my T zone. Buy it! you will love it!!

on 8/11/2014 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I tested it on my hand and it looked ashy...thats not the worst part... It burned my hand and turned it red! now I'm scared to buy elf products

on 8/4/2014 6:05:00 AM

really good price and quality but danng it looked orange even tho i got the shade porceline. the packaging is sleek glass. but if your fair then look away cuz it left me with a orange mask:/ it had such good coverage too:(

on 7/27/2014 10:47:00 PM

I'm in Canada and we just got Target stores as of last summer. They recently released E.L.F products (which is awesome). My aunt bought some of this foundation today, we both tested it out together and couldn't believe the formula and coverage! We went back tonight and I picked some up. On the actual bottle it says the use is to prevent sunburn and to reapply every two hours. So I have no idea what that's about, since it's marketed as a foundation, lol. It has a nice creamy texture/formula, and I think it's a medium coverage, but certainly build-able. My aunt and I both use the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo foundation which is about $42.00. I'm a little past half through my bottle of that and have been cringing at the thought of having to repurchase it. So for $8.00 I cannot complain! The scent is even nice. It sort of smells like Tide laundry soap though, lol.