April 20, 2014 | 1705 users online

Liquid - E.L.F. - Flawless Finish Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Surprisingly, this is not bad for a $6 foundation. I grabbed this in Porcelain because my usual foundation ran out and I'm not ready to order more. I do not find this to be orange at all, like some other reviewers are saying, nor does it have a strong scent. The packaging looks sophisticated to me. My only complaint is that anything with SPF seems to leave me with immediate shine, including this. I probably won't actively seek this out again, but won't mind using it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Meggars96

I looks great when I first put it on but after several hours I have to touch up. I use a primer but this stuff looks cakey after awhile and my acne is more visible. I would recommend it for someone who doesn't need to cover acne. Overall I wouldn't repurchase this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

Pros:
Nice finish, texture
great pump bottle

Cons:
THE SCENT! WAY TOO PERFUMEY! WHY????
Porcelain is not light enough for anyone that uses an Ivory or Porcelain foundation.

Shame.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Marquesooo

This is a terrible product. I usually don't break out, but after four days of use, I realized that I looked like a pizza face! The color is hard to match to your face, because the casing is so foggy, and I thought it was definitely on the orange side. There's a perfume-y scent to it, which made me uncomfortable! I was really excited to buy this product. I've been quite impressed with the quality of some ELF products in comparison to the prices. Some of their cosmetics can be dupes for higher end department store products.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by shimmerlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

wow. i am def an e.l.f. believer, and enthusiast. some products really suck, but others just continually impress me. this foundation is def one of those "oh my, this is nice, and completely worth the money" products. lol. i was on their site recently, just wanting to check out their new products..and stumbled upon many raving reviews for this. first of all, it comes in a pump which is great for the convenience and quickness factor. several reviewers have said this blends in like a dream, and i have to agree. i used the ELF powder brush to apply, and this just melts into my skin. my go-to foundation is revlon colorstay, and i normally don't stray. i love the coverage, and lasting power of colorstay, and so far, no foundation has taken its place. i'm not saying this will become my new colorstay..lol..but it's great for those days when i want my skin to breathe, and the price is fabulous. this has medium coverage, but it seems quite buildable. like others have said, the shade range is awful, so shame on elf for making such an awesome product that is only catered towards light skin. i am NC25 in mac, and i wear porcelain. have not tried using this fondie without a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by mibrown18

I want to try this again but I doubt I will. It was too orange and didn't match my skin tone. The pump broke after I used it once. I like ELF a lot but not this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by GeraldBourguet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ELF seems like one of the cheapest kinds of makeup out there but is still high quality. Smart Shopper Daphne Munro recently compared makeup brands and ELF was consistently at the top in terms of price and quality. Here's the link to the comparison:

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by RenattaK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased this because it had great reviews on YouTube. I almost got one of the darkest shades "Carmel" but I changed it at the last minute. The next shade lighter, "buff" turned out to be too dark for my skin anyway. It kindof has an orangey look to it as well. But I digress. I wore this foundation to my senior prom and I noticed that in pictures my skin looked very oily (which is weird because I have dry skin). Also, by the middle if the night, the coverage was faded and my face looked sort of blotchy. I love the packaging and the pump is awesome, but overall, for me personally, the color is wrong, the coverage fades, and the thickness is way too heavy. I'll be saving my money for a better foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was really pleasantly surprised by this product. It took me forever to get the lid off, to me it looked like a screw on cap and pour bottle. To my surprise, it's a pull off cap and pump bottle.
The color selection is limited and the colors tend to run light. A Sand color is typically 3 shades darker than what I would normally wear in any other brand like L'Oreal.
I tried the product on my hand in the store. I know that is frowned upon but I hate returning things and Sand was a perfect match to my lightly tanned pale olive skin. The formula is fairly thick and went on creamy and is medium coverage. I think you could build to full coverage and add powder to set it. The coverage was very even and it's very easy to blend as it doesn't set for 2-3 minutes. I have read this is a dupe for a MAC foundation but I don't use MAC.
It has a semi matte finish but still looks a little dewey and luminous. It's better than way more expensive that I have bought, both at the drug and department store.
I have very dry, sensitive skin and this works really well. That being said, I wouldn't recommend this if you have oily skin.
EDIT: I would also not recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin. My skin is and after 2 days of all day use, my skin was very irritated. I had red spots and a burning feeling.
Such a shame because it's great otherwise.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by ysobee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really enjoying this foundation. In the summer months I wear it in Buff, and during the rest of the year I blend it with a little bit of the Sand shade.

It has medium coverage and a dewy finish. I have dry skin and I find that my skin is comfortable throughout the day wearing this foundation. It looks very natural, is easily blendable, and does not settle into pores or lines in your skin.

Using the E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer I can get about 16 hours of wear with this foundation (I know!).

I don't have any issues in terms of colour matching... I know it's only available in 6 shades and at the time I purchased it, Buff was perfect for me. When it was getting a little dark I purchased the sand and I mixed the two together until I got a shade that I was happy with. I know I still have to go through the trouble of mixing foundations, but I don't mind at all (Even if you're mixing two shades, $12 for custom foundation is not bad at all).

My only complaint with this is that the pump is not consistent. The first bottle I purchased, the pump stopped working on me when the bottle was about 1/3 full, but I haven't had this issue since. Even then I just removed the pump from the bottle and used the product off of the base of the pump itself until there was nothing left in the container.