April 19, 2014 | 1788 users online

Liquid - Max Factor - Xperience Weightless Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Smells good, covers good, but it makes my skin very oily... maybe for normal to dry skin. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by maddddie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This liquid foundation claims to give "luxurious flawless coverage with a weightless feel". It is also non comedogenic, oil free and suitable for sensitive skin.

The product comes in black squeezy tube, and is around 9-12 for 30ml. It is not too runny; its consistency is similar to a lotion. Colour-wise, the 'Light Ivory' shade is not too far off even my ghostly pallor - which is a rarity in a high-street brand.

This foundation is really easy to apply - a mirror isn't even necessary. Just dab some on forehead, nose, chin and cheeks and smooth outwards from the centre. It even covers minor dark circles and imperfections fairly well: it delivers light to medium coverage, depending on the amount used.

The product is moisturising and the finish is dewy. If things are ever a little too shiny for my liking, I just dab with a blotting sheet - no need for setting with powders. Good for everyday makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by jussij

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the soft feel of this product on application, the coverage is quite light and the Light ivory was very light, not yellow or too pink so good for my pale skin. So initially good, however, after 30mins my face felt dry and itchy, I realised that this product is perfumed. Not good for my sensitive skin despite stated clearly on the packaging that it it suitable for sensitive skins!

This product has left my skin sore and red. Not happy, yet another foundation to gather dust and never be used again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by ascatterheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this foundation. I don't think it works for those who need a lot of coverage though. It's really weightless and sheer, which I loved. It left me a natural look afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by kellyuk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this foundation to take with me on a three month trip, the packaging makes it easy to take around with me and since I was going to be mostly outdoors and doing activities during my trip I wanted a natural, no make up look but for my skin to still look good. The coverage is suppose to be medium, but it's more like light-medium. It goes on smooth and is easy to blend and leaves a natural look. I use a mineral powder on top to add a little more coverage and to brighten up my face. If you're looking for good coverage this is not for you, this foundation is not very buildable. I like the packaging of this foundation, it's a plastic with a small nozzle, and allows you to just squeeze out just the right amount then slips neatly away in your makeup case without taking up too much space.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by JennyBean13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was a little wary of buying another Max Factor foundation after being disappointed with Max Factor Smooth Effect. It was 15 euro (about $20) and I got it in the shade light ivory.
This. Stuff. Rocks.
I love the texture, it's so smooth and although may feel a little thick when you squeeze it out of the tube it feels light on the skin. It's a pleasure to apply because it feels so smooth and blends easily. Other reviews say it dried fast and so found it difficult to blend, but I think it dried at a normal rate. It has a bit of a weird smell when it comes out of the tube but it disappears once you apply it (asked the boyfriend for confromation). The packaging is good, a nice handy little squeezy tube (ah...that sounds bad :P )
I usually have trouble with drugstore foundations because I'm pretty pale but this matches me very well.
Coverage is light to medium so I use it for a natural look during the day (so if it's lots of coverage you want this won't be the best). It gives a dewy finish which I love as matte foundations make my face look flat. I have combination skin so I'm always worried about looking shiny around the t-zone but after 6 hours of wear when I went into the bathroom I still looked oil - free. Great staying power. I used Gosh primer beforehand and finished with Maybelline Dream Matte powder.
I really don't have a bad word to say about this, except maybe the price as it was a little much for a drugstore product. But for such a great foundation I don't mind that much. Highly recommend and will be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by hybrid756

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is lovely, found it on a deal and I'm glad I did!

There's a decent range of shades, and after spending an hour in the makeup aisle, finding most brands' shades came out too pink or too yellow for my skin, this was a perfect match. Feels really lightweight on, but gives beautiful coverage, lasts well and you can't tell it's there, which is exactly what I was looking for! Price is reasonable too.

You won't get a matte look with this, it leaves a slightly dewy finish on my skin, but put a dusting of powder over it and you still won't look caked.

Would definitely buy again. A great find!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Olfi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to compare it to my other Max Factor foundation - Lasting Performance as I bought this one hoping to replace the former.

The positive: the colour is a better fit for me than the Lasting Performance, it also feels lighter and overall I believe it looks more natural.

The negative: the coverage isn't as good. On "good days" when my face is clear the coverage is great but for those days when my face is more red or I have more pimples it doesn't cover as well as I would like it to. It also doesn't last as long as Lasting Performance and I've started using it with primer (which seems to help somewhat).

Overall: I'm not sure whether I will buy it again... I currently have two Xperience Weightless Foundations as I bought two for the the price of one.. so I guess I'll see after I finish them both.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by jujudithjujudith

At first I loved it! The coverage is perfect, it covers my redness but I can still see my freckles. But If you have sensitive skin this is NOT the foundation for you, I don't know what is it I think maybe is the scent but It broke me out :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Beautster

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've just *got* to review this foundation: it's so awesome, I can hardly believe it!

I was afraid that it would look thick and unnatural, the Max Factor publicity notwithstanding (cynical me!). Well, I needn't have worried. It glides on, and smoothly covers the mild rosacea on one cheek and the spots which still tend to break out on & round my chin area. But it doesn't look thick, it really does look like my face but better. I don't know how they do it, but that's the result. I can see my freckles through the foundation, yay! DH, who prefers me with no makeup (he thinks), reckons that I just look naturally healthy when I'm wearing this. My secret! The colour choice isn't huge (as with all Max Factor foundations), but I'm NC15 and find the 40 Light Ivory a perfect match so no problem there.

It's been hot and very humid recently, and I've worn this Xperience set with a few brush-swipes of MAC Prep+Prime transparent finishing powder. And, amazingly, my face has stayed looking cool and well-groomed - but natural - throughout the day. I've touched up once with MAC Blot powder, and that's all. My nose, which normally gets shiny in an hour or less, requiring frequent blots from BB blotting papers, remained natural-looking and shine-free. Miracle!

Another delight about Xperience is that it doesn't break me out. Trust me, that's rare for a foundation. If anything, it seems to help my complexion, and my chin/cheek spots have started to clear up since I've been wearing it. What a relief!

And... icing on the cake: it comes in a flat, easily-portable, hygienic plastic tube that I can just chuck into my makeup purse along with the MAC Blot powder, and I'm good to go.

So... hearty recommendation. And don't be put off by the 'full coverage' tag. Yes, it covers nasties that I don't want on display, but it definitely *doesn't* look mask-like or heavily 'made-up'.