Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, CucumislSativus (Cucumber) FruitiWater, Glycerin, Talc,lPEG-10 Dimenthicone Crosspolymer,lSodium Chloride, Niacinamide,lDiethylhexyl Carmonate, EthylhexyliMethoxycinnamate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimenthicone,iPropylene Glycol, SimmondsialChinensis (Jojoba) SeediCera, Dimenthicone, Cyclohexasiloxane,lMethicone, Dexpanthenol, BenzyliAlcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate,iPhenoxyethanol, Allantoin, Cyclotetrasiloxane,iSodium Benzoate, CitriclAcid, Hexyl Cinnamal,lHippophae Phamnoides (SeaiBuckthorn) Fruit Juice,lTridaceth-9, Rosa Caninal(Rose Hip) FruitiExtract, Parfum, Citronellol,lBisabolol, Potassium Sorbate,iSodium Benxoate, BenzyliBenzoate, Lactic Acid,lButylthenyl Methylpropional, Linalool,i. May contain:,iCI 77891, Cli77489, Cl 77491,iCl 77499.

on 2/8/2012 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this foundation for quite a while- it was one of the first I tried and I kept going back to it. I used it in 45 Raw Silk, and it really did feel like silk. It's quite a light coverage, but rarely getting spots myself this wasn't too much of a problem. It goes on easily and quickly, and doesn't look too 'make up'-y.
Problems I encountered with this product were:
-having an oily t-zone, I found this product would 'melt' quite quickly around my nose and become shiny around my forehead, nose and even cheeks after a few hours - even when set with powder. It just doesn't last long enough if you tend to get a shine to your face.
-oxidisation. This product was the perfect colour for my skin when first applied, but after 2 hours or so it would turn significantly darker and leave my face looking orange, quite unlike it had in the morning.

the problems I had with this product do mean I stopped using it, as there are far better products out there, but I did stick with it for quite a while as I loved the weightless feel and at only 10 pounds it's quite cheap.

I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a natural coverage that makes your skin look really nice - unless you have oily/combination skin as it just isn't our product!

on 2/7/2012 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've recently taken a sabbatical in order to go back to full time study for a year, and given that I won't be earning for a while I decided to 'downgrade' my makeup products and hunt out some good budget options. I read some great reviews on the Boots uk website for this foundation and given that the price was really reasonable decided to give it a shot. Sadly, for me, the results are pretty much proof that you can save on a lot of items (mascara, lipstick, blush etc), but as far as foundation is concerned you get what you pay for. This foundation blends pretty well and I love the simple, sanitary tube packaging, but those are the only good points I've noticed. The bad: Firstly, the smell. There is a strong, chemical, aftershave - like smell and I couldn't stand it, it just smelled like it would be awful for my skin and I could smell it ll day. When I washed my face at night after using this product I had several little rash - like pimples and I think this might have caused it. Secondly, I couldn't find a shade to suit me, which is unusual. I find that a lot of cheaper foundation formulas as too pink toned, and this is no exception. The closest I could find for my NW 15 - 20 skin is the shade Raw Silk, but the salmony undertone once on did nothing for me. The colour also oxidises within the hour. Finally, the texture. The product blends well over the skin, but once it's blended it just sits there and although the coverage is light - medium (it didn't really cover any flaws) it looks pretty unnatural and it's obvious that you're wearing makeup. This foundation also tended to wear off in patches so that by the end of the day there was basically nothing left on the oilier areas of my skin, while it looked dry and cakey on the cheeks. To summarise, this is really no different to most of the lower end foundations on the market - I find it similar in quality to Rimmel foundations etc. I'm 30 and although I have pretty good skin for my age I feel that I probably need a nice quality product to look my best. This is now in the bin and I have gone back to my lovely Clinique Perfectly Real despite the fact that it's more than twice the price, because in my opinion it's 100 times better.

on 2/1/2012 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

At first I kinda liked this foundation- it slides wonderfully on my skin, gives moderate coverage, feels really light and so on, but when I removed it from my face in the evening...OMG, I had zits and pimples all over my face!! I have never broken out so badly before and I usually don't have sensitive skin;/ And surprisingly, all pimples were gone when I stopped using this foundation:o
So my advice- be careful with it, if it doesn't make you break out, then you're lucky, but if you do like me..throw it right away!

on 1/23/2012 9:28:00 AM

Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation is part of my everyday make-up routine. I have naturally quite dry skin and especially in winter when it get's flakey because of the bitter wind! It covers the skin evenly and covers most blemishes on the face.

It can sometimes look a bit dewy so you may want to blot with a light powder if you have greasy skin.

It blends really well leaving no streak lines, I find it best applied with a make-up brush. It lasts me 3-4 months, I feel it's very good for it's value!

on 1/22/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Smells good, covers good, but it makes my skin very oily... maybe for normal to dry skin. :(

on 1/21/2012 7:53:00 PM

This liquid foundation claims to give "luxurious flawless coverage with a weightless feel". It is also non comedogenic, oil free and suitable for sensitive skin.

The product comes in black squeezy tube, and is around £9-12 for 30ml. It is not too runny; its consistency is similar to a lotion. Colour-wise, the 'Light Ivory' shade is not too far off even my ghostly pallor - which is a rarity in a high-street brand.

This foundation is really easy to apply - a mirror isn't even necessary. Just dab some on forehead, nose, chin and cheeks and smooth outwards from the centre. It even covers minor dark circles and imperfections fairly well: it delivers light to medium coverage, depending on the amount used.

The product is moisturising and the finish is dewy. If things are ever a little too shiny for my liking, I just dab with a blotting sheet - no need for setting with powders. Good for everyday makeup.

on 1/7/2012 10:16:00 AM

I really like the soft feel of this product on application, the coverage is quite light and the Light ivory was very light, not yellow or too pink so good for my pale skin. So initially good, however, after 30mins my face felt dry and itchy, I realised that this product is perfumed. Not good for my sensitive skin despite stated clearly on the packaging that it it suitable for sensitive skins!

This product has left my skin sore and red. Not happy, yet another foundation to gather dust and never be used again.

on 12/26/2011 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I loved this foundation. I don't think it works for those who need a lot of coverage though. It's really weightless and sheer, which I loved. It left me a natural look afterwards.

on 11/23/2011 1:32:00 PM

I bought this foundation to take with me on a three month trip, the packaging makes it easy to take around with me and since I was going to be mostly outdoors and doing activities during my trip I wanted a natural, no make up look but for my skin to still look good. The coverage is suppose to be medium, but it's more like light-medium. It goes on smooth and is easy to blend and leaves a natural look. I use a mineral powder on top to add a little more coverage and to brighten up my face. If you're looking for good coverage this is not for you, this foundation is not very buildable. I like the packaging of this foundation, it's a plastic with a small nozzle, and allows you to just squeeze out just the right amount then slips neatly away in your makeup case without taking up too much space.

on 10/31/2011 8:53:00 PM

I was a little wary of buying another Max Factor foundation after being disappointed with Max Factor Smooth Effect. It was 15 euro (about $20) and I got it in the shade light ivory.
This. Stuff. Rocks.
I love the texture, it's so smooth and although may feel a little thick when you squeeze it out of the tube it feels light on the skin. It's a pleasure to apply because it feels so smooth and blends easily. Other reviews say it dried fast and so found it difficult to blend, but I think it dried at a normal rate. It has a bit of a weird smell when it comes out of the tube but it disappears once you apply it (asked the boyfriend for confromation). The packaging is good, a nice handy little squeezy tube (ah...that sounds bad :P )
I usually have trouble with drugstore foundations because I'm pretty pale but this matches me very well.
Coverage is light to medium so I use it for a natural look during the day (so if it's lots of coverage you want this won't be the best). It gives a dewy finish which I love as matte foundations make my face look flat. I have combination skin so I'm always worried about looking shiny around the t-zone but after 6 hours of wear when I went into the bathroom I still looked oil - free. Great staying power. I used Gosh primer beforehand and finished with Maybelline Dream Matte powder.
I really don't have a bad word to say about this, except maybe the price as it was a little much for a drugstore product. But for such a great foundation I don't mind that much. Highly recommend and will be buying again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials