Katy Perry - Purr

It took me a while to warm up to this fragrance. The price was definitely right- $20 for the huge 3.4 oz. bottle.. But upon my first whiff I was disappointed.. It wasn't what I expected. I used it as a linen freshener for my sheets and pillowcases and realized that I enjoyed the scent a lot more than I thought. Being enveloped by the sexy sweet musk made me feel like a seductive tigress! I've begun using it often, usually in my hair after a shower.. It gives off a really clean, feminine smell that lingers throughout the day without being overpowering. I smell vanilla, musk and florals but no fruit, which is okay by me. I expected this to smell more candy-like, but the surprising sophistication of it was refreshing.

on 12/9/2012 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I feel bittersweet about Purr. The first time I came across it in Marie Claire, I was intrigued that Katy Perry was using it herself. I put Purr on my Christmas list last year, and my husband gave it to me as a gift.

I have to say I loved the scent very much. It reminded me of grapes, and I love grapes! The scent is very feminine, very fruity, not too sweet at all. Me liking the scent so much is probably why it took me a while to realize that the scent doesn't last...I would spray even more, on the skin and clothes, thinking that it would help the fragrance to stay longer. But it feels like it disappears in 5 minutes. This is very disappointing.

The scent is wonderful, but the formula needs serious tweaking...It certainly does not live to the "perfume" claim on the package. The same thing about it is said on a review of celebrity fragrances on Yahoo Shopping, so it wasn't just me. I wouldn't recommend it to a friend because in my experience it didn't last, and I wouldn't risk giving someone else something that didn't work for me.

on 12/7/2012 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am gladly to say I love this scent I really didn't expect a scent like this as I ordered it I opened it I sprayed it to my wrists I was wondering what it smelled liked so familiar I ran to my room and smelled all my perfumes it literally kind of smells like. Viva La juicy Omg I was so glad it's a lovely and not a commonly celeb scent.

on 12/2/2012 8:03:00 PM

I want to begin talking about how awesome & unique this perfume is, it's fruity goodnes:) I detect a lot of peach & hints of vanilla whichblend quite well with the other notes, this scent makes me feel sexy when I wear it, lasting power is okay ( 6hrs. Max) I just scored a 3.4 oz at Marshalls for $24.99 ;) bottle is different & cute in a way but it could've been better, guess I'm just not a big fan of cats & it seems a bit too childish in my opinion, I would strongly recommend this! ♥

on 12/2/2012 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My adoration for this fragrance can't be explained. It's more than a fruity floral. It has some kind of complexity that I can't place. And while I'm not a fan of Katy Perry, I sure love her fragrance.

on 11/12/2012 3:33:00 PM

This has a fruity and flower smell. This would be a everyday use. The packaging is very nice aswell. There's nothing special about this but it's very good

This is nothing ground breaking but that doesn't mean it's bad! I love this perfume. It doesn't smell like anything I have smelt before. It is bold but yet soft at the same time. What stands out on me whenever I wear this is the vanilla, bamboo and peach. That's all my nose detects. The fragrance longtivity is pretty darn good. It last me all day and that is always a plus in my book. The bottle is very cute and new and creative she put alot of work into this, you can tell. It is all katy, it can pass for any age not just teens. The price is worth it tho, I am on my 3 rd bottle and I will continue to repurchase. Love it

on 9/29/2012 5:54:00 AM

A fruity-floral that leans more on the floral side, with a strong rose note from opening to drydown. I don't usually like rose, with my chemistry it tends to smell overbearing and matronly, but with this it was well-balanced and fun. Wears well both day & night, and can go yearround. Lasts 4-5 hours which is better than a lot of recent perfumes. The only problem is I ran out of my bottle about a month ago and still don't feel compelled to repurchase. In fact the closest I'd come to repurchasing, because I like Katy Perry, would be trying Meow instead. My favorite rose perfume is still Givency Very Irresistible Sensual so I'll stick with that.

on 9/8/2012 12:14:00 PM

Love this fragrance! I'm not a fan of Katy Perry, so I really did not want to like this fragrance. This smells amazing: sweet and fresh, a little young, but not inappropriate on any age. Sweet without being cloying! This might be my signature!

on 8/30/2012 9:38:00 AM

I am disappointed that I don't like this as well as others. I thought with the reviews here I would enjoy this but that shows you how perfumes are very different on other people. This is all floral on me that fades away quickly. Nothing remarkable about it. I will not repurchase.

Popular Fragrances