December 22, 2014 | 1025 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volumizer Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by ChicksAlmighty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this lately and it's OK.
As other reviewers have stated, Step 1 is suited for more of a daytime look. Step 2 does add lots of volume, but makes my lashes stick together like crazy! I think it's because the brush picks up a LOT of product. Even after scraping off the excess, still too much. Lots of eyelash sticking together goes on. Yuck :(
I think I'll try the business card trick that's been mentioned here, it might help. Overall I'm not very impressed though. I thought it would be better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ayasavirra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

What I love about this product is the dual brushes. Step 1, yes, love, LOVE IT. Just like they said, guaranteed clump free and I'm happy about it. I have to admit I'm not good on applying mascara, so yeah, they prove it right. No clump.
Step 2... Uh, I found it a bit hard to handle. Too much product on my lashes and clumps were everywhere. I had to go through several techniques until I could apply it ok my lashes, after struggling. That Michelle Phan Business Card technique did help me in the end. Yet, I give the step 2 an ok approval. Bourjois team, you guys'd better do something about this.

Even so, I'd definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I primarily use the first step of this mascara- it's become my daily mascara and the first step alone gives a nice defined but not too dramatic look, which is nice for work. I find that I can layer several coats using the first step setting and the mascara does not get clumpy. The brush also separates lashes well and gives them a fair amount of length and volume. The second step is a little harder to work with- it loads a lot of mascara onto the brush and definitely can leave some big clumps unless you either scrape most of the mascara off the brush or comb through after application (though even then it can be a bit clumpy as the wider opening just puts SO MUCH mascara on the brush). If you work carefully and are willing to take more time it can create a very dramatic lash look! I wouldn't at all recommend using the second step on the lower lashes though- only the first. This mascara doesn't smudge or flake on me, and I find that it holds a curl pretty well while still leaving the lashes on the softer side (especially when just using step one, though even step two doesn't give that crispy feel that some mascaras do). The tube can feel a little flimsy at times, like when you are selecting/changing steps, but I suppose that's part of the nature of a convertible product like this. The colour is pretty dark, though not the blackest I've come across. Overall a good mascara for me, though I do feel that step two leaves something to be desired.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by twinky13

I have read a review about bourjois replacing her Chanel mascara and one day I was lucky enough to shop with bare lashes n came across the bourjois counter. I was thinking,'just have a try.' I was very surprised that this in fact can replace my old discontinued Korean mascara!!! If not, this is even better! Have been searching high n low for my replacement after my fav Korean is gone. Have tried Chanel inimitable, dior n loreal 4d(it's very dry and crumpy). I think the bourjois is very rich in formula in step 2 wand and it really volumises til you decide it's enough. So happy that the search is over.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sharonnn

Step 1 for me is a good look for someone who wants a very natural look. I use it when i want to look like my lashes are naturally long and separated eg. at school, at work etc
Step 2 for me, i find the brush is too clumpy and even though i take the effort to try to get the clumps off the brush, sometimes they can cling my eyelashes together so it looks like i have very spidery lashes which is not a look i like.
However if you have the time and patience to use eyelash combs to remove the clumps afterwards, this mascara does what it says and volumizes.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Marisglady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did NOT like this. As other reviewers have said, step 1 does absolutely nothing for me. Step 2 is like applying mascara with a spatula! So much product. I've tried taking off the excess, but still the lashes look clumpy and wet. Also, it leaves lashes feeling really hard, and it is really difficult to remove, and when I do, because it is so hard, it feels like I'm breaking every lash! Lastly, I started to notice that depending on how the light hits my lashes, they look grey, or lighter than they should, and came to the conclusion that the finish of it is slightly shiny, with causes it to not look as dark ....

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by mayafree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's a normal mascara it's not wow

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by tring010

My favourite mascara is the Maybelline Falsies however as that dries up ridiculously quick I needed something that would last a little longer. The first step does little at all besides separate my lashes slightly. I could actually do without this step and feel it is a little unnecessary. The second step however is amazing. It is very clumpy and thick so I wouldn't recommend this for shorter lashes however mine are quite long so I feel I can work with a more clumpy product. I sweep this over my lashes several times to create a very dramatic almost false lash effect. This mascara makes my eyelashes look fab and I have had several comments asking whether I am wearing fake lashes. I must say however that this cost me around 10 from Boots which I feel is absolutely too much for a high street brand!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2011 5:27:00 AM More reviews by erikakakaka

I had high hopes for this mascara after hearing some rave reviews but unfortunately, it didn't live up to the hype for me. I found that although I like the effect of using 'step 1' for separating my lashes and giving them a first coat, 'step 2' deposits FAR too much product on the brush and ends up instantly clumping my lashes even though this product claims to be non clumping!! I like a fair bit of volume on my long lashes so I find 'step 1' to be not enough and have been using a different mascara altogether for the second coat as I really hate 'step 2'...wanted to love it but will definitely not repurchase. However, I have since purchased Bourjois 'Elastic' mascara which I LOVE and have written a review on...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by pjoopi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the WORST mascara I have ever used! The texture of this product is really unusual and dries REALLY fast. And when I say dry... I mean dry. Your lashes will not move at all but not in a good way. They feel like tiny sticks and after applying a generous amount of this mascara I ended up looking like I had about 3 lashes all in all. Adding several coats with this mascara is out of the question as it only makes the end result worse. I guess the "first step" isnt as bad as the second but this mascara is horrible. It was a complete waste of money.