Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Demure 683

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is such a nice sheer peachy color with a bit of frost. The vintage packaging is gorgeous. I'd love it if I could find this exact shade sans frost as it's quite sheer to the point where you have to build it up a bit. If you have dark lips this may not even show very much on you.

I loved the formula and the smoothness, there is no shine or glitter which I like, and the only reason this is a four instead of a five is bcuz I was hoping this would stay on my lips for a long time,and it doesn't. you don't have to reapply SO often but I was hoping for a little more lasting power. love the color, formula, packaging and everything. I would probably repurchase this in a different color.

on 11/12/2012 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this at Walmart, so I think I paid less than I would have at CVS, etc. This is very muck like a balm in my opinion, very sheer color and very moisturizing. Staying power is also balm like - it lasts a couple of hours at best and disappears when you eat. Its a tiny bit frosty. Not at all what I had expected- I picked it up randomly and expected a more matte and stronger color. The shade itself is quite nice on my NC35, yellow toned skin. Its fine for days I want to look polished but not made up. I probably won't be purchasing again.

on 9/29/2012 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product was a little too sheer for me. I thought that it would've been more pigmented and more matte. It was actually very moisturizing though, and it can be applied without a mirror. I think that it would actually make as a very good lip balm. Over all, I would say that I can live without it in my collection, so I would not purchase it again.

on 9/21/2012 3:03:00 AM

Im NC37 and have quite pigmented lips. It's sheer and looks like a frosty finish. I hate too much shimmer in any face product but this doesn't over kill. It is the same colour as my lips so it's useless really. On the bright side, it evens out my lip colour and adds interest to them. I would wear this during the day for a natural look. Its not drying but as for lasting power, it's hard for me to figure out as it looks the same as my lip colour.

End note, not my favourite lipstick colour wise.

on 8/22/2012 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this lipstick. It's quite sheer and light, which I had expected. The color does not last very long, but it does settle into lines. I would buy again. A nice neutral lippie with a bit of pearly sheen.

on 7/30/2012 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Perfect sheer pinky peachy nude with a little shimmer but not obvious sparkly bits. Ideal for a MLBB (my lips but better) nude look that has life, unlike the dead corpse beige look of many a nude lipstick.

The nicest neutral lip I've owned even above and beyond Breathless by Elizabeth Arden. So naturally it's discontinued. Hope they bring it back.

The texture is smooth, creamy and moisturizing without being opaque. Nice on my dry flaky lips.

Doesn't creep into lip lines, no bleeding in spite of the moisturizing feel.

The look is sheer but with enough pigment that you look polished, very much a polished look in the way that many Chanel lipsticks work.

I am a redhead, pale warm skin with freckles, and a bit of rosacea. If you have similar colouring and other nudes either wash you out altogether (corpse look mentioned above) or end up looking like you've got liver lips instead of nice lips, then try this shade by Revlon.

My only beef is the round case which can roll off counters onto bathroom floors. Other than that this is a perfect lipstick.

on 6/22/2012 11:19:00 AM

I wish that I knew that this was a limited color. I can still get it on the intranet, I guess. But, this is one of those MLBB lipstick. I LOVE IT. There are days when I want my lips to be the main focus and there are days when I want the "no-makeup" look and this is sooo perfect for it.

This is my weekend go to lip color and perfect for summer. This and liner on is a perfect beach day.

on 6/7/2012 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love this color! I'm NW15 and it works perfectly with my skintone: a natural enhancement of my own color. While I wish the packaging was better designed label wise, the product inside is great. No need to use a mirror since the color is sheerer than most, which makes for easy application, but the staying power is sub-par (hence the 4 lippies).

on 6/4/2012 2:38:00 PM

Looks gorgeous in the tube, but is ridiculously sheer. With this product I literally cannot even tell that I'm wearing lipstick.

Popular Lipsticks