July 31, 2014 | 1602 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Demure 683

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Dee987

Im NC37 and have quite pigmented lips. It's sheer and looks like a frosty finish. I hate too much shimmer in any face product but this doesn't over kill. It is the same colour as my lips so it's useless really. On the bright side, it evens out my lip colour and adds interest to them. I would wear this during the day for a natural look. Its not drying but as for lasting power, it's hard for me to figure out as it looks the same as my lip colour.

End note, not my favourite lipstick colour wise.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by mrtaxitaxi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really like this lipstick. It's quite sheer and light, which I had expected. The color does not last very long, but it does settle into lines. I would buy again. A nice neutral lippie with a bit of pearly sheen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Perfect sheer pinky peachy nude with a little shimmer but not obvious sparkly bits. Ideal for a MLBB (my lips but better) nude look that has life, unlike the dead corpse beige look of many a nude lipstick.

The nicest neutral lip I've owned even above and beyond Breathless by Elizabeth Arden. So naturally it's discontinued. Hope they bring it back.

The texture is smooth, creamy and moisturizing without being opaque. Nice on my dry flaky lips.

Doesn't creep into lip lines, no bleeding in spite of the moisturizing feel.

The look is sheer but with enough pigment that you look polished, very much a polished look in the way that many Chanel lipsticks work.

I am a redhead, pale warm skin with freckles, and a bit of rosacea. If you have similar colouring and other nudes either wash you out altogether (corpse look mentioned above) or end up looking like you've got liver lips instead of nice lips, then try this shade by Revlon.

My only beef is the round case which can roll off counters onto bathroom floors. Other than that this is a perfect lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I wish that I knew that this was a limited color. I can still get it on the intranet, I guess. But, this is one of those MLBB lipstick. I LOVE IT. There are days when I want my lips to be the main focus and there are days when I want the "no-makeup" look and this is sooo perfect for it.

This is my weekend go to lip color and perfect for summer. This and liner on is a perfect beach day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ahirschr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I love this color! I'm NW15 and it works perfectly with my skintone: a natural enhancement of my own color. While I wish the packaging was better designed label wise, the product inside is great. No need to use a mirror since the color is sheerer than most, which makes for easy application, but the staying power is sub-par (hence the 4 lippies).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Looks gorgeous in the tube, but is ridiculously sheer. With this product I literally cannot even tell that I'm wearing lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

This is a gorgeous pink neutral with silver shimmer. It pulls more pink on my lips, but it isn't overly frosty. It definitely has a pearl finish, which is funny since the tube says its a cream. Either way, it looks great on my NC25 skin and pigmented lips. It's definitely MLBB, and adds a little something to an otherwise plain face. Great for work and everyday wear.

I get about 3 hours of wear with this since it is super moisturizing and easy wears off. But at only 5 bucks a pop, you can afford to constantly reapply. I love how emollient this is and how it glides of effortlessly. I can use this WITHOUT a balm, which is nice when I need to just slap on and go. And with this lipstick, I dont even need a mirror, thats how natural it looks on me. Plus its LE, so give it a try while you can. You won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was on the fence between getting this or Temptress, but I chose this. I'm so glad I did! This is my HG lipstick--it's the PERFECT shade! I've been looking for a drugstore light peachy pink lipstick that has good pigmentation without any shimmer and I'm so happy I finally found it!
When I initially saw it in the drugstore, I was disappointed. On the sticker label and through the cap (it has a clear top so you can see the color inside), it looks like a medium/dark peach, which confused me because from all the swatches and descriptions in the reviews I thought it was supposed to be a light color. But I purchased it anyway and I'm glad I did!
Despite how it looks in the tube, it's actually a gorgeous warm-toned light peachy pink that goes on subtly glossy (no shimmer, thank goodness).
It actually doesn't have the best pigmentation despite that it's supposed to be a creme lipstick, but I have extremely pigmented lips, so I still need to apply a concealer over my lips beforehand (I use Maybelline Coverstick). The amount of concealer I use depends on how bold/pigmented I want this lipstick to go on (more concealer = more pigmented lipstick). After that I apply Demure, and voila!
I don't even need to use a lip balm underneath, but I do it anyway because lipsticks and my concealer have a tendency to make my lips dry and flakey.
I've tried using it without concealer underneath, and it just doesn't look good on my NC30-35 skintone. It just makes my lips a little peachier, which might look good on others with pigmented lips, but not me.
Regardless, for just $7, you seriously can't go wrong. The packaging is a plastic black tube that's gold on the inside (very classy and not cheap-looking). It also has a clear top so that you can see the true color without having to open it. The only way it's secured is with a plastic wrap around the cap.
Would I repurchase? DEFINITELY.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by maionee

I just bought this lipstick today, my first lipstick (transitioning from glosses). It goes on great, very creamy and smooth. It makes my lips feel a little dry, but not extremely so - and I think this could be remedied by applying lip-chap beforehand.
I love the colour. It's sheer, but it you layer it you can get a darker colour. It's a great orangey colour, with a hint of shimmer. It looks great with my fair skin, which I've been told has warmer undertones, and would be perfect for an everyday look, especially in summer (because of the great colour). It looks terrific with a gold lipgloss over it. Not sure how long-wearing it is, but it does seem to have very little transfer while I drink.

Overall, I am a fan of this lipstick, and will be adding it to my everyday beauty routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by 1Groucho1

This does feel nice going on, but for me it was a wee bit shimmery (though it's marked as "creme"--I though that meant no shimmers?). On me the shade is a little too Barbie pink; that, combined with the sparkly aspect (which truly is kinda subtle, it's not what I would call "frosty" at all), makes me feel it's a bit, um, not personally age-appropriate enough to look good on me.