April 20, 2014 | 933 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Superlustrous Lipstick - Demure (LE)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ahirschr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I love this color! I'm NW15 and it works perfectly with my skintone: a natural enhancement of my own color. While I wish the packaging was better designed label wise, the product inside is great. No need to use a mirror since the color is sheerer than most, which makes for easy application, but the staying power is sub-par (hence the 4 lippies).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Looks gorgeous in the tube, but is ridiculously sheer. With this product I literally cannot even tell that I'm wearing lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

This is a gorgeous pink neutral with silver shimmer. It pulls more pink on my lips, but it isn't overly frosty. It definitely has a pearl finish, which is funny since the tube says its a cream. Either way, it looks great on my NC25 skin and pigmented lips. It's definitely MLBB, and adds a little something to an otherwise plain face. Great for work and everyday wear.

I get about 3 hours of wear with this since it is super moisturizing and easy wears off. But at only 5 bucks a pop, you can afford to constantly reapply. I love how emollient this is and how it glides of effortlessly. I can use this WITHOUT a balm, which is nice when I need to just slap on and go. And with this lipstick, I dont even need a mirror, thats how natural it looks on me. Plus its LE, so give it a try while you can. You won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was on the fence between getting this or Temptress, but I chose this. I'm so glad I did! This is my HG lipstick--it's the PERFECT shade! I've been looking for a drugstore light peachy pink lipstick that has good pigmentation without any shimmer and I'm so happy I finally found it!
When I initially saw it in the drugstore, I was disappointed. On the sticker label and through the cap (it has a clear top so you can see the color inside), it looks like a medium/dark peach, which confused me because from all the swatches and descriptions in the reviews I thought it was supposed to be a light color. But I purchased it anyway and I'm glad I did!
Despite how it looks in the tube, it's actually a gorgeous warm-toned light peachy pink that goes on subtly glossy (no shimmer, thank goodness).
It actually doesn't have the best pigmentation despite that it's supposed to be a creme lipstick, but I have extremely pigmented lips, so I still need to apply a concealer over my lips beforehand (I use Maybelline Coverstick). The amount of concealer I use depends on how bold/pigmented I want this lipstick to go on (more concealer = more pigmented lipstick). After that I apply Demure, and voila!
I don't even need to use a lip balm underneath, but I do it anyway because lipsticks and my concealer have a tendency to make my lips dry and flakey.
I've tried using it without concealer underneath, and it just doesn't look good on my NC30-35 skintone. It just makes my lips a little peachier, which might look good on others with pigmented lips, but not me.
Regardless, for just $7, you seriously can't go wrong. The packaging is a plastic black tube that's gold on the inside (very classy and not cheap-looking). It also has a clear top so that you can see the true color without having to open it. The only way it's secured is with a plastic wrap around the cap.
Would I repurchase? DEFINITELY.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by maionee

I just bought this lipstick today, my first lipstick (transitioning from glosses). It goes on great, very creamy and smooth. It makes my lips feel a little dry, but not extremely so - and I think this could be remedied by applying lip-chap beforehand.
I love the colour. It's sheer, but it you layer it you can get a darker colour. It's a great orangey colour, with a hint of shimmer. It looks great with my fair skin, which I've been told has warmer undertones, and would be perfect for an everyday look, especially in summer (because of the great colour). It looks terrific with a gold lipgloss over it. Not sure how long-wearing it is, but it does seem to have very little transfer while I drink.

Overall, I am a fan of this lipstick, and will be adding it to my everyday beauty routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by 1Groucho1

This does feel nice going on, but for me it was a wee bit shimmery (though it's marked as "creme"--I though that meant no shimmers?). On me the shade is a little too Barbie pink; that, combined with the sparkly aspect (which truly is kinda subtle, it's not what I would call "frosty" at all), makes me feel it's a bit, um, not personally age-appropriate enough to look good on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by FriendlyAussie

This is one of my favorite lipsticks. It is a warm MLBB colour and instantly brightens up my face. The only negative about this lipstick for me is that it has a slight pearl finish but this is not a deal breaker and can be improved somewhat with blotting. The formula itself is smooth, creamy, moisturising and long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by allyson85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Revlon makes some of the best lipsticks, period. I love this color. For me it is a perfect pink/peach/nude shade. I don't wear beige nude lips...I think it gives you a dead face. The formula is amazing and the color is beautiful. It isn't drying but you should either apply a lip balm prior to applying this or exfoliate your lips. Since it isn't to terribly moisturizing the color stays quite a bit longer and it doesn't travel all around your mouth. I love the classic black tube. I've never had a problem with my Revlon lipsticks losing the cap. This is by far my favorite "nude" lip color. I would recommend this color for women who are fair to medium that have neutral or warm undertones to their skin. Tan women may find this shade to light especially if they have very pigmented lips. This could also look almost glowing on women with very dark skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by iamandaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it is a very sheer lipstick, it has great packaging,and has no smell, it has a very nice creamy feel when you apply this lipstick on.
highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

RRP is AUD$23.95. The colour is quite sheer, which I am disappointed at. Very moisturising, I can't detect any scent to it, staying power is a 4/5 for me, I like it, but I wouldn't say I love it, and it takes me forever to finish a lipstick, hence not a repurchase for me.