E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.7

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 2/12/2015 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

You know how some guys are great on paper, but meh in real life and then others surprise you by exceeding all your expectations. Well this spray is like the latter kind of guy. Absolutely stinks as a setting spray but is an HG, work horse multi-tasker I have bought many many times over.

Pros:
- amazing for dampening makeup brushes & much better than water - shadow is more vibrant, shadow also becomes budge proof liner for those with oily kids, powder foundation can be applied with more coverage and staying powder & thick concealers sheer down a bit and resists creasing
- lightly hydrating - I bring this with me when flying - so amazing and refreshing for skin
- sprayed on a qtip - is great at cleaning makeup mistakes
- It will take the powdery look off skin in a pinch (ideally decant to better bottle)
- Small, compact - good for on the go
- $3 people !!!
Cons:
- It's like heavy rain, not a mist, making it terrible as a setting spray

So take a risk. What this spray lacks on paper, it more than makes up for in other, great ways

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

ELF Mist and Set Spray...no thanks.

After foundation and powder, I use this to get rid of the "powdery" look. The droplets are bigger than what I want, but the scent is what ruins it for me. I don't know if I have a bad batch or not, but it smells like...well...p$#p or stinky cheese. really.

I haven't tried a high-end spray, but I bet ELF works just the same. If it didn't have an odor--or if it smelled good--I would repurchase. sad

UPDATE: I put this in another bottle; the smell isn't as bad.

on 2/10/2015 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My new favorite setting spray! I've used a few sprays to set my makeup and this is the overall best & for $3 you can't beat it. My makeup lasts all day with this. I can spray it before application as a primer and/or after to set. I also use this with my beauty blender and my highlighters to give them more pigment. Great buy!

on 2/9/2015 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Maybe I'm not the makeup "sage" that I thought I was because I was completely baffled by this "spray". For the most part, my makeup doesn't "fade", with the exception of a shiny nose by the end of the day. This is probably why I was underwhelmed by this product. I only bought it because it was half off and I was curious.

The first time I sprayed this, my mascara started to run! :-( Is this supposed to happen, makeup gurus?? Or am I supposed to spray this BEFORE mascara??? This spray and me has already gotten off to a rocky start! Grrrr!

People were complaining about the smell, but it was barely noticable to me. *shrugs*

So back to the spray. After trying it a second time BEFORE the mascara, the only thing that I noticed was that it changed my look from matte to dewy. Not bad, if I were in "dewy" mood but whatever. After an 8 hour day, I came home to look in the mirror and frankly I didn't really see much of a difference, there was still plenty of color on my face, but my nose wasn't shiny, I guess that's a win.
I any case, this spray isn't a total fail. I think I'll try this before going out at night. Maybe this will give met the added boost to get through a night a dancing. I guess if you're like me and never tried a "setting" spray and are mildly curious, give this stuff a go.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I love it because it is refreshing and it doesn't contain alcohol. This is actually my second makeup setting spray and I think I found the perfect one. The first one I tried was the new L'Oreal one but that broke me out and dried up my skin. This E.L.F one has minimal ingredients that are soothing to the skin. It doesn't prevent me from getting oily but it does keep my skin feeling fresh when I spruce it up with this throughout the day. Also, it does set my makeup nicely. The only think I don't like about this is the bottle itself. The nozzle isn't high quality and can come out a bit heavy. I hold the bottle above my head and look up. I spray two sprays in the air and push my face up into the mist. This is the only way to avoid getting my face soaked.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a very affordable product and for the price I personally think it's really good. I usually use Mac products but lately i have not been able to afford the price so I tried Elf And I am impressed.

on 1/15/2015 3:32:00 AM

Great product. Great price. It does what it says and gives a glowy look. A+

on 1/12/2015 3:33:00 AM

I apply foundation with a heavy hand so when I'm done with my makeup, I look a little too matte and dry. This spray takes away the matte-ness and makes it look more satiny. I don't know if this is the case with everybody though. I read reviews that the spray pump was a problem but mine works fine and hasn't given me problems yet. Also when I apply this, I spray ALOT, like to cover the entire surface of my face and let it dry. I haven't tried other setting sprays, or maybe I forgot if I did, but this is the only one I've tried so I don't have anything to compare it to.

on 1/11/2015 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I bought this to try out as a setting spray but never really used it because of the horrible nozzle, which caused the spray to be misted unevenly and heavily. However, recently I have been using it to spritz my finger or a brush loaded with shadow, and have noticed that it prolongs the wear of the shadow and make it more reflective and metallic. So if you are looking for a cheap mist to help your shadows apply better, I think it is definitely worth a look at!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you love your foundation already, I can almost guarantee you will love it that much more with this over it. I don't understand a lot of the negative reviews but I tend to be lighthanded with my makeup and not that oily, so perhaps it's all about skin type. I really love the way this product looks when I dust E.L.F. HD powder over my foundation and then mist this over it. It definitely gives a more dewey appearance to my look and I have had several compliments since I've started using it. I honestly feel it had a learning curve but once I figured it out, this product was awesome.

Pros: Sets makeup well, is good for misting brushes I want to dampen, goes on clear and I haven't had any problems with the pump. The price is great and it is perfect when I feel too powdery. *Edit* I'm so attached after a few months of use that I will definitely repurchase- it lasts a long time and it really does set foundation/powder beautifully.

Cons: I don't always get a full face application and two or three pumps feels like a lot, but it still dries clear.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools