October 23, 2014 | 2154 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

I like the way the mist makes ur skin feel fresh and hhydrated and there isn't a smell to this product. I Dont honestly think it does anything for the makeup maybe just a little but I mainly like it because it feels refreshing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did nothing for my makeup staying power. I have only used it once in the month that I have owned it because I keep forgetting to use it. It had no impression on me. I will not repurchase

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

I'm surprised this has gotten more positive reviews than NYX Setting Spray? Different strokes for different folks, I guess!

This did nothing in terms of keeping my makeup on all day. The nozzle was terrible, it squirted a stream of liquid instead of a fine mist. I guess it smells nice. I have DIY'd an equally effective spray using rose water. Definitely would not re-purchase, which is a shame because e.l.f. is a great brand!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sssteeef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never bought any expensive setting sprays so I wouldnt know how to compare this to those, but I have been using my own DIY rosewater/glycerin spray and love it. This product was okay, i wasn't a fan of the awkward smell and it didn't do anything special other than remove the powdery look. I used it mainly to help make my eyeshadows pop more, but never really used it as a face spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by zibzib99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's alright actually, in winter it's really nice to take away that powdery look and keep your skin looking glowy but in summer, it doesn't do very much to keep your makeup on, if anything it made me feel sticky in the heat

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by ChristianChrissy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HAD A HORRIBLE ALLERGIC REACTION to this product. I SO WISH I COUKD POST PIX HERE!!! OMG !!! Eyes, lips & face swelled up & I had itchy, crusty RASH over much of my face...I even ended up in the ER in the middle of the night !!!( which was the nite of my 25th anniversary dinner w my sweet husband)!! I was soo hoping this product was gonna b my HG spring/summer product to keep makeup from 'sliding off my face' as I live in the Deep South. I can't stand the alcohol in 'Model In A Bottle'. ...& yes, I am POSITIVE it was from this product as I has 2 allergic reactions prior to the 3rd ( & most severe.) After the 2nd reaction, I was suspicious of this product as it was new so I stopped wearing ALL makeup (even moisturizer) & tried just ONE cosmetic every couple days to 'rule out' ea one. Wen I misted this product on my face 13 days ago, I immediately knew it was the 'culprit.' I had the same eye & lip swelling ...& generalized crusty (& VERY ITCHY) rash over much of my face. I didn't even leave the house for the first few days b/c I looked so awful. ...After 13 days, drooping & crusty rash under my left eye is STILL visible!! I thot this product was a 'winner' was no alcohol, and that it was 'good for my skin' w the aloe, cucumber ..& vitamins..,but I was quite mistaken. One of the biggest ingredients is PROPYLENE GLYCOL (which is wat ANTIFREEZE is made of.)..& PROPYLENE GLYCOL has properties that cause this product to get thru to the deeper layers of skin. So, this 'light mist' is HEAVY DUTY stuff for your skin to 'process." I'm not saying don't use it, just beware...especially if u r prone to chemical sensitivity. Sigh ...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by xhanglikeastar

I really do love this product, although I will admit that the results aren't necessarily dramatic. Personally, I don't find that this really extends the wear time of my makeup-- if it does, it's only by an hour or so. But this product IS really nice to apply after you've finished your makeup to make it look more natural. I use it whenever my makeup looks a little powdery. I've also used some foundations in the past that could get a little cakey and heavy looking-- for a quick fix, I spritzed on some of this spray and then after it had dried just a little (so it was still damp, but not wet) I patted my skin with my fingers or a beauty blender and it removed some of the excess product and made my makeup look better. I've used an Urban Decay setting spray and I didn't think it was anything special, plus I found (and maybe my nozzle was just clogged) that the UD spray would spray in a very concentrated way, so that I'd have to spritz my face like ten times to get all of my skin covered. With this spray, I can usually use only 2-3 sprays to cover my whole face. For what it is and for the price, it's a great product. I was a little underwhelmed by it at first but I've grown to love it and I use it just about every day. I'm almost out of it now (and I bought it probably about 6 or 7 months ago, although I didn't use it consistently in the beginning) and I'm going to buy another bottle or two soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by troo12

I can't give a negative review, but I also can't say I'd repurchase. It sets the powder but it also makes my face look shiny... It does what it says but with cons.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by emmyl02

I've gone through about four of these! This is the best setting spray EVER!!! I got one as a gift and now, I'm in love<3 I use this so much because it sets down all the powder on your face!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a lot of setting sprays from Mac & Urban Decay to NYX and they're all pretty similar on my opinion. I don't think that this makes my makeup last longer but it does make my powder foundation look more natural. It's a very fine mist with no smell. Also this hasn't made me break out like the urban decay all nighter did. I would definitely buy this again especially because it's so much less expensive than most other makeup setting sprays.