September 23, 2014 | 1895 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by xhanglikeastar

I really do love this product, although I will admit that the results aren't necessarily dramatic. Personally, I don't find that this really extends the wear time of my makeup-- if it does, it's only by an hour or so. But this product IS really nice to apply after you've finished your makeup to make it look more natural. I use it whenever my makeup looks a little powdery. I've also used some foundations in the past that could get a little cakey and heavy looking-- for a quick fix, I spritzed on some of this spray and then after it had dried just a little (so it was still damp, but not wet) I patted my skin with my fingers or a beauty blender and it removed some of the excess product and made my makeup look better. I've used an Urban Decay setting spray and I didn't think it was anything special, plus I found (and maybe my nozzle was just clogged) that the UD spray would spray in a very concentrated way, so that I'd have to spritz my face like ten times to get all of my skin covered. With this spray, I can usually use only 2-3 sprays to cover my whole face. For what it is and for the price, it's a great product. I was a little underwhelmed by it at first but I've grown to love it and I use it just about every day. I'm almost out of it now (and I bought it probably about 6 or 7 months ago, although I didn't use it consistently in the beginning) and I'm going to buy another bottle or two soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by troo12

I can't give a negative review, but I also can't say I'd repurchase. It sets the powder but it also makes my face look shiny... It does what it says but with cons.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by emmyl02

I've gone through about four of these! This is the best setting spray EVER!!! I got one as a gift and now, I'm in love<3 I use this so much because it sets down all the powder on your face!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a lot of setting sprays from Mac & Urban Decay to NYX and they're all pretty similar on my opinion. I don't think that this makes my makeup last longer but it does make my powder foundation look more natural. It's a very fine mist with no smell. Also this hasn't made me break out like the urban decay all nighter did. I would definitely buy this again especially because it's so much less expensive than most other makeup setting sprays.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by cjperez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always had issues with getting my cheek products to actually stay on my face for more than 2 hours... I tried this once and from 6pm to 4am the next morning, ALL my bronzer, blush and highlighter was in place and still gorgeous!! That's 10 hours of perfectly contoured cheekbones.

As for my foundation, it had worn off a fair bit but I still had decent coverage and the texture of my usually dry/bumpyish skin was better than normal and felt pretty comfortable.

For $3 this stuff is amazing and would buy again any day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Good product, not the best. Ben Nye Final Seal is the best!!!!

At 3 dollars, pretty good value.

Packaging is ok, no frills.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Katlynmoses15

Yes, this did set my make-up, but by mid day, I noticed the area around my mouth and nose began to peel like crazy!!! I figured it was either the E.L.F. setting spray or the primer (I purchased both at the same time). So, I first cut out the spray and since then my face is no longer peeling.

Not sure what the problem was but I guess I can't use this product. But I do highly recommend the E.L.F. Primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Pammybammy

I can honestly say that this did set my make up and gave me that non-powdery "dewey" look. For 3 dollars it was an amazing deal; too good to pass up. For extra staying power i used Elf's HD powder over my foundation and under the spray. The only con that i might have with this product is the strong odd smell. Overall this product is great and i would totally recommend to anyone of any skin type. (:

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Lizpaola25

I did a side by side comparison with UD on my face. One side has UD setting spray and the other had this one. UD dried faster, and it felt smooth and soft on my screen after drying. After a few hours UD made my makeup last longer on my right side of my face. On the left side I had this spray on. It only made my make last maybe 2 hours. It also made my face feel sticky and gross. Not a fan of this. I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I love this for setting my mineral powder foundation. It instantly takes away that powdery finish! Since my skin is sort of dehydrated, I love that moisture it adds and I feel like it makes my skin look more dewy. WITHOUT making you oily!

I feel like it does make your makeup last longer than usual, but nothing too crazy. That's the reason why I can't give it 5/5, but that doesn't mean that it's not a fantastic product, cause it really is! Especially since it's so inexpensive it's deffintly worth a buy, and I will buy it again soon, since I've almost used it up. SUPER GREAT PRODUCT! :-)