E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.7

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you love your foundation already, I can almost guarantee you will love it that much more with this over it. I don't understand a lot of the negative reviews but I tend to be lighthanded with my makeup and not that oily, so perhaps it's all about skin type. I really love the way this product looks when I dust E.L.F. HD powder over my foundation and then mist this over it. It definitely gives a more dewey appearance to my look and I have had several compliments since I've started using it. I honestly feel it had a learning curve but once I figured it out, this product was awesome.

Pros: Sets makeup well, is good for misting brushes I want to dampen, goes on clear and I haven't had any problems with the pump. The price is great and it is perfect when I feel too powdery. *Edit* I'm so attached after a few months of use that I will definitely repurchase- it lasts a long time and it really does set foundation/powder beautifully.

Cons: I don't always get a full face application and two or three pumps feels like a lot, but it still dries clear.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is not the best spray for oily skin if you are looking to set your makeup. It doesn't help you makeup's longevity. If anything I would use this before I applied makeup to moisturize my skin but as a setting spray it fell way short. The pump sprays a lot of product as well.

on 12/22/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Total get-what-you-pay-for moment. The pump is horrendous, blasting large drops of this stuff onto your face, rather than a mist, and the product itself smells inexplicably like macaroni water. I generally like e.l.f.'s products, but this stuff is basically like liquid failure. Yuck.

on 12/22/2014 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this stuff is really bazaar smelling to me, remenecent of cheese? it's terrible, and doesn't work incredibly well. not happy with this product but also can't be mad at the $3 price tag. when it comes to this you pay for quality.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Works well over a LIGHT amount of makeup - such as just foundation and a little dusting of setting powder. It starts slicking and distorting stronger pigmentation from blushes/bronzers/eyeshadows etc. Doesn't last for very long either, but while it does, it gives a nice clean glow to your skin.

on 12/12/2014 1:07:00 AM

I can't stand the strong smell from this. $3 for a really tiny small bottle (60ml), I should say this is not a good deal at all. I would rather spend $15 to get a MAC which really does the job. I won't buy this again, but it does its cleaning job.

on 12/3/2014 10:28:00 PM

Does not do anything. It smells kind of gross too. Honestly to me it seems like it's nothing but plain water in a bottle...there is nothing that it does to my skin that plain water being sprayed on me wouldn't do.

I usually love ELF products but not this. It was only 3 bucks so I'm not complaining. I bought this because it was supposedly a "dupe" to MAC fix plus...it is NOT. Of course, MAC'S fix spray is over 30 dollars and WAY too expensive for my liking...but it worked extremely well. It gave my skin a dewey texture that this stuff just does not. I can't even tell a difference when I put it on.

Will not buy again.

on 12/2/2014 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this daily to keep my powder make up from looking cakey. It's a great price and comparable to Mac setting spray.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It keeps things in place which is important. This is the first time I tried a setting spray. It's better than the powders. I could even reapply moisturizer or sunscreen without disturbing the underlying makeup - including rouge, concealer, foundation and eyeshadow. A lot of times, using a silicone primer causes these items to slide off more quickly but this is not the case with the spray.

Moreover, it transforms non-waterproof mascara (specifically, Nicka K Extreme Volume) into waterproofoid and prevents panda eyes. It has no smell, and doesn't feel sticky, but I'd be surprised if it didn't contain a hairspray-like polymer.

The first time I tried it, I used a heavy hand. But after a few days of using it, I found that even a spritz or two - so long as the entire face is within the spray area - works. I wouldn't trust this to keep my makeup on while swimming but under normal conditions it's a good idea to use.

PROS: Each pump of spray releases a decent amount of spray - not too much or too little. The scent is very fresh, which is always pleasant. The spray is not sticky at all, and doesn't make me oily or break out. This spray retails for $6 at my local Target, which is super affordable, especially compared to other setting sprays on the market. Even though the bottle appears on the smaller side, it definitely lasts you a while. Lastly, I do find that it holds my makeup better than when I haven't set my makeup with the spray.

CONS: If my mascara isn't completely dried by the time I spray my face, my mascara transfers under my eyes.

FINAL THOUGHTS: The product is very user-friendly both in functionality and accessibility. Just a small disclaimer: My makeup typically doesn't move around a lot to begin with, but I can still see the difference when I use the spray and when I don't.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools