April 16, 2014 | 1924 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Champagne

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jen0farc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great pearly shimmery eye color, I use it all the time for highlights or just a great evening look! Great texture and consistency. I've finished it off twice and will keep buying more!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Creased sooo badly, and it's not pigmented at all!
I just recently found out that Cover Girl tests on animals as well :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This shade has been around forever. At least since the early 90's, when CG debuted the Eye Enhancers line. I was mesmerized by the ad and had to buy a few shades. I think back then Niki Taylor was a model for them. Their lipstick ad around the same time said you could press your lips together to renew your lipstick. lol Champagne appears to be an off white shimmer in the pan, but on my skin it's a very light pearl shade with a lot of shimmer. It's sort of like the lightest shade in the Shimmering Sands trio. I'm still working with it, but right now it's just alright. Update: Ok, now I see why it's so popular. I used it with the sponge tip applicator it comes with and it went on much better. I've been using this in the summer with ultra black mascara and only a bright lipstick. It's a great look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

I loved this. Too bad Cover Girl tests their products on animals. *sigh* Anyway, it's a slightly frosted cream/off-white colour. Great for brow bone and the inner corners of the eye. I have worn it all over the lid though and really liked it. It's just wonderful with my tanned skin. Shows up great, doesn't go on exactly evenly, but I'm not going to complain considering at the time I think I paid what, $3.50(CAD) for it? Won't repurchase but glad to have it in my collection until it runs out. It's not hard to find a colour like this in a brand that is cruelty-free.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by islandbgrl

i find the chunks the eyeshadow to be a little chunky with glitter. yet not noticeable flecks, but if i applied it on my eye lid it would look like i just put glitter.
but i discovered that if applied lightly and with a fan brush it can make a nice highlight! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ldang14

I love this eyeshadow! the pigmentation is great and I love the color! I bought this for $1 at my local drugstore because there was a CG coupon attached to it. The only thing i don't like about it is the bulky packaging. overall, great product that i'd definitely repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by pinkdaisies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought this was a fairly good product with good packaging. Its a nice eyeshadow that works on any eye colour and is great for daytime. I wear it to school every now and then, and one of my friends liked how it looked so much she bought a similar colour. The colour is easy, freshening and can work for anyone. It's not a proffessional eyeshadow, so it does have a few flawes to it but I think it is great for a drugstore type and I really enjoy its colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I'm not usually a fan of cover girl eye shadows. In general, I find them lacking pigment and chalky, hard to blend texture. But, this seemed to be a cult fave, and since I got it in a swap, it was worth a try.

I was surprised, I think this is a pretty nice eye shadow. It's a light, frosty color that works well as a highlight for the inner corners and, if used lightly, for the brow bone as well.

Lately, I have been really busy have had a pretty streamlined daily make up routine. I swipe the pointy side of the sponge tip applicator across the shadow one time, and it picks up plenty of product. then I sweep it across my lid, and inner tear duct area. Then whatever is left I lightly apply to the brow bone. Then I use my bronzer as a light crease contour. Add a little liner and mascara and I am good to go. It is simple, yet still polished. It's a very nice every day look. For someone who dabbles in both HE and DS cosmetics, I am pretty surprised that I picked this cheap eyeshadow as my daily go-to.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by megjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shadow is good for the price but I would not re-purchase because I would rather spend the money for a better product. As you would expect for the price, the particles are a not as fine as more expensive eye shadow and you can see this when you apply it. I think that this is one of the biggest things that bugs me about this eyeshadow.

I like the color for a day-time look. It's kind of a off-white-peach-cream with little sparkles. I really wish that it was less sparkly! I prefer shadow that is more iridescent and pigmented. You can't really see it in the package or even on your eye in regular lighting but if you rub some on your hand and take a look at it in the sun you'll see that there's so much sparkle. It's kind of princess-fairy-dust make up to me. Something that I wear when I'm feeling young and girly. It's definitely not mature or sophisticated make-up. I would not wear this to work.

I apply this with a brush (not the sponge it comes with) and I have to work with it quite a bit to get an even, smooth finish. I apply a primer underneath to keep it from creasing, but it will still crease a little bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure this was my very first eyeshadow, and I still have it, LOL. I have used this on and off for years. At one time, it was the only e/s I used at all. It's very shimmery and glowy on my NC25 skintone. You only need a little bit, and you wouldn't want to use it all over the lid because it's a bit frosty. I love it to highlight my lash line and brow bone. I would purchase again, but I don't think I will have to because of the small amount I have to use. I took off 1 lippie because it would be nice if it wasn't so frosty.