Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 6/18/2015 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I have dark under-eye circles. Inherited from my mom. Passed down through generations.

All the concealers I try cover up some of the problem, but none of them TRULY cover up the under-eye circles. When I heard beauty vloggers on YouTube rave about this, I was excited. FINALLY, something that had the potential to be what I needed.

Well, yes and no. Yes, it covered up my under-eye circles. It did do that.

However, it also caked, and creased and made it look like I was wear about five pounds of makeup. Terrible formula.

I returned it the next day. I'd rather have my dark circles only partially covered up and admit they're there than use a product that looks like I caked it on. It definitely covers up, it just looks like crap doing it.

on 6/18/2015 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really enjoy this concealer. It is definitely a great concealer for covering (I mostly use it to cover my redness, I don't have dark circles) but because of its consistency, it is not a concealer to highlight. It is a thick consistency, but it does not look cakey and it blends nicely with your fingers (haven't tried it with a brush but I think it's a little bit too think for that).You also don't need much product to cover yet it comes with a lot of product (0.71 oz) so I don't see this ever running out. I unfortunately got a bad shade, I got Medium Light which is about 4-5 shades lighter than my skin, so I look like a ghost. I am not really sure about the shade selection of the concealer, I know that where I got this (Walmart) they only had Light and Medium Light so I got the darkest one, but I believe there are darker ones sold online. Because of the shade I got it in I was a little upset but I mixed a dot of this concealer with a pump of my Mac Prolongwear in NW25 which is a little too dark and orange for me so because of the shades I thought I could combine these two. This combination is now my holy grail, I use this when I want more coverage and I use this combo as a foundation (and I don't apply any extra concealer, I find that this covers enough). At first I mixed these two just for fun, because one is too light for me and the other is too dark, but it actually looks flawless on the skin, it had a satin finish and it lasts pretty long as well. At first I thought these two wouldn't go well together because of the thick consistency of the glamoflauge, but it blends beautifully.
If you have both of these concealers, I HIGHLY recommend mixing both and using them as foundation, I am glad I found this.

on 6/18/2015 12:11:00 PM

I love love love this concealer for over pigmented areas, under eye circles, redness, etc. I feel that the coverage is one of the best for a concealer I have ever used. The consistency is very very very thick and takes time to blend out but if it actually conceals great then I guess you gotta take the good with the bad. The product does last almost all day and stays in place for the most part. I would suggest if you plan on using it under the eyes you make sure to hydrate the under-eye by moisturizing to prevent dry caked patches though. I don't really notice a harsh smell with this product and the pigmentation is out of this world. I don't use this on an everyday basis because I have all sorts of concealers for different problems on the face. I usually stick to using this on a day my under eye darkness is in full force or if i have a really red area or pimple I am wanting to be completely concealed. I have seen great review/tutorials on using this concealer for covering a tattoo and it worked wonders.
I definitely suggest this product to anyone looking for full/heavy but blend-able concealer.

on 6/16/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I heard a lot about this concealer and I was really excited because of how pigmented it was supposed to be. I like this concealer a lot it really is just as pigmented as I heard and makes my skin look flawless! not to mention it lasts a long time. A little goes a long way with this though so be careful. It blends really nicely as well which is definitely a plus. The downside to this is it creases almost immediately but Because I don't really have a whole lot of bags or wrinkles under my eyes, I don't really care about that. The whole line is made for people of lighter skin tones, so I'm just barely able to use it, and I use the darkest shade which is tan which is still slightly too light to use for anything except under eye. When I put it on blemishes i dab a little bit of foundation over them. For those of you who care about scents, I don't think it smells like anything.

on 6/11/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this concealer after hearing how wonderful and "heavy duty" it is. I have a lot of post-acne marks on my cheeks and this stuff would not cover it at all. The formula is drying on the skin and often made the areas I applied it at look "flaky." The upside to this product is the price and the packaging is nice. It lasts a long time. I feel like toward the end of the tube, the consistency is a bit more watery than it is when you first buy it. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with serious blemishes or acne.

on 6/1/2015 9:27:00 AM

This product has awesome coverage! I have very acne prone skin with a few flat red scars as well. It covers wonderfully!

The only complaint i have is that the colours arent quite right for me. It is either too light or too dark, no in between. Which i find odd because i have quite an average skin tone for a Caucasian person. (not very tan but not super pale either - really just in the middle.) So i'd expect a colour would match that. oh well. I just get the shade that is too light and make sure i put foundation over it so that it still have the coverage but doesnt show the too light concealer colour through the foundation.

Great product - especially for the price! Would buy. Hard candy is impressing me lately!

on 5/30/2015 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I normally don't even bother with cheap drugstore brands because in my experience, you get what you pay for but when I was reading a blog from this really AMAZING makeup artist, she had pictures of her clients and herself with the Glamoflauge concealer so I was curious to try it. For $6 at Wal-Mart it was worth trying.

I was soooooo surprised at the coverage and the description of the product doesn't lie. It really does cover up well, super blendable and has enough play time to blend out and not dry while blending. Concealer is the one makeup item I will splurge on if it means finding the best so I've spent $$$ on expensive brands before and this knocks most of them out of the park. I was using Makeup Forever concealer until I found Tarte Creaseless concealer. And then I found this and this covers more than Tarte. I only gave this 4 stars for one reason only, the shade comes out a bit cool white and the darker shade is too dark for me so I often feel like I have white under eyes unless I set it with a yellow based setting powder like Ben Nye Banana Powder to balance it out. If I have a really dark blemish or mad pimple, I will use Glamoflauge to cover it up. I would closely compare this concealer to the M.A.C. Pro Longwear concealer

on 5/30/2015 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Was so excited to use this concealer thinking it would be as pigmented or even more pigmented than my HG Mac Pro longwear concealer (nc35). I bought this in medium-light and honestly, this was a HUGE let down. I expected super full coverage with just a pea size, and when i tested it out, i took 5 THICK layers (no blending, bc if i blend it would just sheer out) to cover my small beauty mark on my arm as a test. It was greasy, slippery and when it came out of the tube (after shaking for 2 minutes), it was a thin watery consistency that was OILY. Yucks, i immediately knew the coverage would just be a sheer-light coverage and i was right. Never using this ever again. Also, the packaging BROKE. The tail end opened up and concealer leaked EVERYWHERE. This is going into the bin.

on 5/22/2015 2:03:00 PM

I love this concealer because it really covers up my dark circles and brightens eyes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This has a dewy finish. I haven't ever heard of a full coverage dewy concealer but it's actually genius for brightening under eyes. It won't emphasize any fine lines and it will make you look awake. You can also purchase a shade lighter than your skintone and use it as a natural highlight. The tube will literally last forever since a tiny dot goes a long way. It can also be worn all over the face as a dewy foundation and mixes very nicely into moisturizer for a sheer foundation.