Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Siren 677

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm jealous how good this looks on other people. I was really attracted to the orange lips trend but alas, it just wasn't flattering on me. I'm not sure if my lips are just too pigmented or its my coloring that doesn't work with it or a combo of both. This just didn't do anything for me. Sad.

on 3/18/2012 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SHADE DESCRIPTION: bright, true orange

- pigmented
- creamy
- long-wearing

- hard to wear on its own

This is an incredibly bright, true orange with no red or pink undertones present. It's lovely, however it's not a shade I like to wear on its own. I think it looks amazing when paired with a light pink lipstick (Wet 'n Wild Think Pink) to lighten it a bit, while still maintaining its brightness and making it into a beautiful shade of coral. It's a lipstick that is fun mixing with other shades - it really does result in some beautiful colors.

Will repurchase.

on 3/17/2012 10:47:00 PM

The first time I put this on it looked awful I mean I actually shuddered. Then I wiped it off and covered my lips with concealer and voila! It was a gorgeous lips were just to pigmented for me to just swipe this on whenever. Usually I use this as a base to soften Morange if I don't feel like having that loud mouth orange which some may know is an intense beautiful bright color! The Mac girls at my counter all loved this combination with my dark hair and blue eyes!

on 3/1/2012 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Kill me now.

I bought this from the Revlon Fire & Ice vintage collection last year, thinking it would make me look glamorous like a 50s starlet. I love, love, love orange-toned lipsticks - MAC Lady Danger and So Chaud are some of my favorites.

The color on Siren is just....awful. It's garish and flat - no nuance, just plain Crayola orange. It's not red-orange, it's not's just...boring ole' orange.

The formula? I guess it's kind of glossy and slippery with low pigment. Jeez, I can't believe I spent a whole $8 on this bugger. It's patchy. I can have perfectly exfoliated and moisturized lips, and Siren will sink into all my lip lines and somehow FIND more flakes to crawl into. The pigment here is bunk - I have pigmented lips and this doesn't provide enough color to cover them and still look good. Impossible to layer, as well.

Revlon does make good lippies, this just isn't one of them.

on 1/30/2012 6:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For reference I'm NC25-30 with warm undertones and freckles.
Beautiful tangerine color
Creamy formula, not gritty
Wear time is around 3-4 hours before I had to reapply
Packaging is the standard retro looking black and gold tube, no complaints it's sturdy and the cap stays on tightly in my purse/pocket
Only one, it does tend to feather but that can be fixed with a little lip liner

I love this color with a little black winged liner and some mascara, you can even use it as a cream blusher for a fun take on a retro look. Would buy again, but I found my tube in a discounted bin for $2, don't know if this is a discontinued color?

on 1/30/2012 3:02:00 PM

Just wanted to let y'all know - I went into my local California CVS today looking for dry shampoo (Jan 30th 2012) and found that this particular shade was marked 75% down! Now, CVS jacks their prices up high, full price Revlon lipsticks were a whopping $9.75 (in contrast to six bucks at Target across the street!) But the deep discount (ended up being about $2.50 made it worth it.)

Are they discontinuing this shade or is CVS just getting rid of it?

on 1/22/2012 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Its all about budgeting nowadays. That said, I decided to forgo my usual 14.50 for MAC lipsticks (for now) in search of cheap dupes and pseudo dupes. With the exception of NARS Heatwave, MAC is my go to for bright lipsticks, hands down- my faves being Up the Amp and Girl About Town. Yups, I love me some bright and bold lippies... Even though I love MAC Morange and was tempted to buy, the fact that A) I knew I wouldn't be wearing it that often and B) I would likely tone it down with another color mixed anyhow, I figured a "close enough" match would work...Enter Siren! This is a lovely coral orange shade which costs around $4 bucks. Unlike a lot of the reviewers, I think this shade works on all types of skintones (pale to dark) and is extremely wearable because it can be easily played up or down via layers ; if its too bold for you, add a more nude under or over and if you (like me) want that tangerine to really pop just keep layering and throw some lipglass over it. Once I did that, I didn't notice a big color difference at all... Cons: I am not a big fan of the way cheaper lipsticks tend to feather and fade quick. Even so, the Revlon formula didn't dry out my lips which is a major plus. Gotta say, the difference in prices on these two near matching shades is so worth it that I don't mind re-applying every now and again. I def recommend this as a near dupe and/or just a flattering trendy bold shade that won't break the bank.

on 1/21/2012 6:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Nc15ish, and I tend to like unusual and bright colors, so of course this caught my attention. It shows true to color on my lips, very orange, which is great, but it is also possible to sheer it out with lip balm for a more wearable look. I also like that the end of the tube is clear, so you can easily find what you're looking for in your makeup stash.

on 1/12/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I like the color but mine seems to not show true to color on my lips? Idk its really wierd. It isn't as traffic cone as it looks on my hands (I love brights and wanted something like morange by mac). This looks good but I mean I like it not loOve it.

on 11/7/2011 5:51:00 PM

Love Love Love this lipstick! I was looking for a vibrant orange lipstick without breaking the bank, and I felt so lucky that I picked up this one. The color is little more of a red and less of an orange when on. it's moisturizing and lasted a well 5+ hours on me. It's actually my first time trying drug store stuff and I started to wonder what I was doing paying 4,5 times the price buying department store lipsticks?!

Recommended for Medium Skin