November 27, 2014 | 1500 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Siren 677

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by owagner420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first time I put this on it looked awful I mean I actually shuddered. Then I wiped it off and covered my lips with concealer and voila! It was a gorgeous orange...my lips were just to pigmented for me to just swipe this on whenever. Usually I use this as a base to soften Morange if I don't feel like having that loud mouth orange which some may know is an intense beautiful bright color! The Mac girls at my counter all loved this combination with my dark hair and blue eyes!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by gconn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Kill me now.

I bought this from the Revlon Fire & Ice vintage collection last year, thinking it would make me look glamorous like a 50s starlet. I love, love, love orange-toned lipsticks - MAC Lady Danger and So Chaud are some of my favorites.

The color on Siren is just....awful. It's garish and flat - no nuance, just plain Crayola orange. It's not red-orange, it's not coral...it's just...boring ole' orange.

The formula? I guess it's kind of glossy and slippery with low pigment. Jeez, I can't believe I spent a whole $8 on this bugger. It's patchy. I can have perfectly exfoliated and moisturized lips, and Siren will sink into all my lip lines and somehow FIND more flakes to crawl into. The pigment here is bunk - I have pigmented lips and this doesn't provide enough color to cover them and still look good. Impossible to layer, as well.

Revlon does make good lippies, this just isn't one of them.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by MiasMommy55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference I'm NC25-30 with warm undertones and freckles.
Pros:
Beautiful tangerine color
Creamy formula, not gritty
Moisturizing
Wear time is around 3-4 hours before I had to reapply
Packaging is the standard retro looking black and gold tube, no complaints it's sturdy and the cap stays on tightly in my purse/pocket
Cons:
Only one, it does tend to feather but that can be fixed with a little lip liner

I love this color with a little black winged liner and some mascara, you can even use it as a cream blusher for a fun take on a retro look. Would buy again, but I found my tube in a discounted bin for $2, don't know if this is a discontinued color?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by sydcricket

Just wanted to let y'all know - I went into my local California CVS today looking for dry shampoo (Jan 30th 2012) and found that this particular shade was marked 75% down! Now, CVS jacks their prices up high, full price Revlon lipsticks were a whopping $9.75 (in contrast to six bucks at Target across the street!) But the deep discount (ended up being about $2.50 made it worth it.)

Are they discontinuing this shade or is CVS just getting rid of it?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Its all about budgeting nowadays. That said, I decided to forgo my usual 14.50 for MAC lipsticks (for now) in search of cheap dupes and pseudo dupes. With the exception of NARS Heatwave, MAC is my go to for bright lipsticks, hands down- my faves being Up the Amp and Girl About Town. Yups, I love me some bright and bold lippies... Even though I love MAC Morange and was tempted to buy, the fact that A) I knew I wouldn't be wearing it that often and B) I would likely tone it down with another color mixed anyhow, I figured a "close enough" match would work...Enter Siren! This is a lovely coral orange shade which costs around $4 bucks. Unlike a lot of the reviewers, I think this shade works on all types of skintones (pale to dark) and is extremely wearable because it can be easily played up or down via layers ; if its too bold for you, add a more nude under or over and if you (like me) want that tangerine to really pop just keep layering and throw some lipglass over it. Once I did that, I didn't notice a big color difference at all... Cons: I am not a big fan of the way cheaper lipsticks tend to feather and fade quick. Even so, the Revlon formula didn't dry out my lips which is a major plus. Gotta say, the difference in prices on these two near matching shades is so worth it that I don't mind re-applying every now and again. I def recommend this as a near dupe and/or just a flattering trendy bold shade that won't break the bank.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Nc15ish, and I tend to like unusual and bright colors, so of course this caught my attention. It shows true to color on my lips, very orange, which is great, but it is also possible to sheer it out with lip balm for a more wearable look. I also like that the end of the tube is clear, so you can easily find what you're looking for in your makeup stash.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the color but mine seems to not show true to color on my lips? Idk its really wierd. It isn't as traffic cone as it looks on my hands (I love brights and wanted something like morange by mac). This looks good but I mean I like it not loOve it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by simonexhw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love this lipstick! I was looking for a vibrant orange lipstick without breaking the bank, and I felt so lucky that I picked up this one. The color is little more of a red and less of an orange when on. it's moisturizing and lasted a well 5+ hours on me. It's actually my first time trying drug store stuff and I started to wonder what I was doing paying 4,5 times the price buying department store lipsticks?!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

In case you haven't already heard, Revlon's Siren is a very creamy, dreamy peach-based orange shade with very slight hints of red. After succumbing the hype surrounding this orange drugstore shade, I found myself completely on the fence about whether or not I should get it. Even though I have quite a neutral skin tone, colors like orange, gold, and yellow really have a tendency to wash me out.
When googling and otherwise researching this shade, it seemed really hard to pin-point what exactly this color looked like. In some swatches it appeared to be this red-ish coral shade, while in others it as a neon, traffic cone-esque shade of orange, then in others it showed itself to be a subdued orange-peach sort of hue. Well, if you are now finding yourself just as confused as I was, let me just say that all of those swatches are correct. This shade (and the matching nail polish) is a true chameleon. Different lights reveal completely different nuances in this shade, drastically altering the way that it looks. While wearing the lipstick and polish, I had multiple people note that it looked completely different in multiple locations.
More florescent lighting shows it to be a peachy-orange shade, warm lighting gives it the appearance of being a blazing pumpkin type shade, and daylight makes it more a coral color. I won't lie, it's a really fun/interesting shade to wear just because of that. The only downside to this factor is that if warm colors aren't generally fantastic looking on your skin tone, you might run into some situations where this color really might not look how you anticipated. For the most part, I think it stays wearable because of that ever-present peach undertone.
The texture is one that all of the truly classic (albeit 'retro') shades of Revlon's Super Lustrous lipsticks share. They tend to be a bit more creamy and streaky than the newer formulations, but not to point that they slide around or are a mess to apply. If anything, I think the texture of Siren makes it buildable. If you're not ready to go all out with orange lips, patting this on or carefully giving it one swipe from the tube would be the perfect way to work yourself up to the more bolder, opaque types of application if you should choose. Siren isn't a shade that gets out of hand quickly at all.
I can't say what sorts of skin tones this lipstick would work best on, nor could I honestly say that it's the most flattering shade on me simply because of how drastically it adapts to different lighting. If you're in the market to test drive an orange shade, Siren might be a good place to start. It's buildable, has that nearly universal peachy sort of undertone, and is a great lipstick for those who just want to try something a little different.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

was very disappointed with this color. excited me waaay too much seeing such an orange color at a drugstore. in the tube it looks like wow! crazy orange and the swatch on the hand is pretty true to color but on the lips it turns out more lik a slightly bright pinkish red than it looks orange, but ppl will be able to tell that you're trying to go for an orange lips, its identifiable as orange, just leaning more on red. if thats what you're looking for, orange more on the red side then this is prolly for you but if you were looking for for an ORANGE color lik the actual fruit color, shiseido has one in Day Lily thats truly amazing true orange color with some shimmers. but the texture of this revlon one is nice and easy smooth application tho. no shimmers.