July 24, 2014 | 1613 users online

Highlighters - Hard Candy - Glow All The Way in Doll Face

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After years of searching I have finally found my Holy Grail highlighter, I'm SO pleased with this $8 USD purchase!
I'm quite hard to please when it comes to highlighters, liquid, cream, or powder. I have very finicky clog-prone, oily, fair skin, with very large/visible pores. So the majority of highlighters I've tried either enhance the look of my large pores, enhance my oily skin, break me out, or don't work with ultra pale skin like mine (I'd be just a hair lighter than NC15 in MAC for reference) But I've struggled with NONE of the above issues with this Glow All The Way Doll Face Highlighter, it's perfect!
It does appear a bit pink when it's first squeezed from the tube, but once it's blended into the skin it leaves behind nothing but glowing goodness. It's slightly shimmery, slightly sparkly, slightly sheen-y - It has a little bit of everything I could need or want in a highlighter, but not to the point where it's overbearing (which I am thankful for because my 30yr old skin can't handle TOO MUCH shimmer or sparkle in a highlighter these days!)
I got a Hard Candy gift set last Christmas (2011) and a sample size tube of this product was included. I never even tried it or gave it a second look until several months ago because I'd became so frustrated with highlighters enhancing and causing flaws rather than flattering skin like they should. So I was going through my makeup and found the sample of Doll Face, gave it a try and was instantly wowed. Needless to say I completely finished the sample, and repurchased the full size. I can not believe the mega size of this squeeze tube for only $8! &Since purchasing the full size almost 2 months ago I've used it daily and barely made a dent in it - lots of product here! I personally apply this with my finger, I do it in "dots" - a dot in the mid.forehead, a dot on both of my eyebrows, a dot right above each cheekbone, a dot on each side of my lips, and a dot on my cupid's bow - Perfection! :-)
Every review I do, whether I love or hate the product, I try to leave some constructive criticism regarding it, because not many things are really perfect in every way for me. But I honestly can't think of anything wrong with this. The packaging is a squeeze tube so I'm not sticking my fingers in any tubs or anything unsanitary, I can apply this just as easily with my fingers as I can a brush so no special brushes are needed for precise application, the price is amazing, and best of all it has given my goofy skin zero issues with flakies, enhancing large pores, clogging pores, or acne. Truly a 5 star / 5 lippie worthy product! I highly recommend this and do plan to repurchase!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

This is a nice highlighted. leaves a soft glowly look with a hint of pink in it. Packaging is attractive a metallic pink that catches your eye. Price isn't that considering you get a whole lot of product for $8 2.7 oz. But I wouldn't buy it again because it fades quickly and I feel like my skin I oily enough to where I don't need highlighters for a dewy look

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Beauty9696

I personally think this is super glittery. I cant fibd a way to my it work on my face. I do use it on my eyelids as a cream eyeshadow with my pink and purple looks. It works fine for that. But not on my face

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hard Candy's Glow All The Way Skin Lumiziner is a liquid highlighter for face and body. Available in two shades; Doll Face which I have, and Glamazon Bronze. Hard Candy says that these pearly highlighters compliment all skin tones. Hard Candy is a former high end brand previously sold in Sephora and department stores, it's not exclusively available in Walmart. Awkz. Hard Candy claims that this highlighter is "infused with 24 Karat gold for a million dollar look". I don't believe that. I received this product in a swap with my friend Mariah. It retails for $8. My tube contains 9.9g (.35oz), for some reason I don't think this is a full size tube but I might be wrong. This product was made in the USA. Hard Candy does not test on animals.
Packaging for Doll Face is cute. A pink squeeze tube with a twist on cap. The front of the tube features the Hard Candy logo, the name of the product, and a short description in English and French, written in white lettering. A slightly longer description along with some company info can be found on the back of the tube. I prefer liquid highlighters in tubes, they seem more sanitary than those in palette form or with a brush, plus I feel like it's easier to get the exact amount I want. Good job Hard Candy, they always have cute packaging.
Glow All the Way has a nice texture. It's on the thicker side for a liquid highlight. Not greasy or sticky, very easy to blend out with fingers or a brush. This liquid luminizer sets quickly and doesn't transfer after that. A little goes a long way, you only need a small dab to highlight both cheekbones.
Doll Face is claimed by some to be a dupe of Benefit's High Beam. I recently acquired High Beam, and I can safely say that they're not even similar. Doll Face is a light shimmery pink that's best suited for those with cool skin tones. High Beam, on the other hand, is more of neutral champagne shade with only hints of pink. Doll Face's pink tint may seem threatening at first, but it mostly blends away, leaving behind a moderate amount of shimmer. Because it's a shimmery highlight some may feel like its too strong, or may be better for evening, but I don't think it's too much but maybe that's just me, highlighters suit me.
I like Hard Candy's Glow All the Way Lumiziner. It's a good quality highlighter, something that's hard to find in the drugstore level. It may be too pink for those with neutral or warm skin, or too shimmery for some tastes, but it's not overly intense to the point that it isn't wearable, it's really a matter of preference. Doll Face is not the High Beam dupe some may say it is, so don't disappoint yourself if that's what it looks like. I probably wouldn't repurchase it because I love trying new highlighters or luminizers. If you're cool toned and enjoy somewhat shimmery highlights for a fair price consider Hard Candy's Doll Face. Special thanks to Mariah for sending this product my way.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by KateFantasizes

I love this product, it highlights my face really well! I apply it to my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose. Also, i use an eyeshadow brush and put a bit of bronzer on the sides of my nose. this mixed with the Glow all the way makes my nose look wonderful!
The only trouble I had with it is that I need to reapply it a couple times during the day, but it's worth it.
To people having troubles with this product- if its too pink for you, just take a tiny dot of it at once and go from there to avoid using too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall, I really like this highlighter. I'm not a huge fan of the Benefit High Beam as it is way too white for my liking so this was a great alternative. It gives me a little more colour with the pink. I also like that this doesn't deposit a bunch of glitter on my face. I apply a little bit to my cheekbones and browbones and it gives such a nice shimmer without looking like a hot mess. Plus, for the price (I paid around $8 CDN) you get a ton of product. This will honestly last me forever. If I ever do run out, I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by CountryLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great drugstore highlighter! It's a pinky glow color. Beautiful. It does tend fade but you can easily fix that by putting Hard Candy's Baked Blush in Honeymoon. Looks gorgeous put together. Recommend! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by nNiicCoO0lLeE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is just okay. It works well, just not sure if I like how it looks on my skin since it gets oily. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I tried and returned this product so for now I'll say that I won't repurchase. I thought this would be like Benefit High Beam but it comes out a tiny little bit too pink. I swatched them side by side on my hand and actually when sheered out the Hard Candy came out a little like the High Beam. My thought was that I wouldn't be able to get through this huge tube of product as a highlight in my lifetime. I didn't think it was terrible but I just didn't think I'd be able to use it since I already have so many other things.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Am I the only one thinking..Ughh I hate this?
My highlighter I GOT was totally NON-PIGMENTED...I applied it and it just made my skin all oily and didn't deposit any color. I have a light skin tone and it didn't show up at all!! I was so disappointed.