April 18, 2014 | 1474 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

at last I've found a way to make this work for me. This is no use for covering dark circles on its own . Yes i know it's a highlighter and not a concealer. The reason I've bought this a good few times is because it's the best under eyes for not showing up lines. What good if it dosen't cover darkness? Well I put this on first , then foundation then a concealer where there is still darkness. I use kanebo sensai brush type concealer. I've read before to put this OVER concealer to brighten eyes but this just does not work for me.It's easy to cover dark circles with concealer when you're young. But after a certain age
when concealers start to show up the lines it's a nighmare task to get something that works.In that order I find it really helps to minimize making lines worse. If you use powder put the powder on before your choice of concealer, but make sure your not using a concealer that emphasizes lines.Hope this works for others.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by irina1411

I don't have problems with dark circles under my eyes, so I use this product only now and then to add a little light. It does the job perfectly. But, it doesn't look to me like that it has a good coverage power, so I wouldn't recommend it in case of really dark circles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I recently started using this, after using Dior's Skinflash in Candelight for many years, which I still love. This is an excellent highlighter, especially for people like me who have a lot of pink tones to their skin, and it truly does make you look like airbrushed perfection - if used correctly.

I use this to even out my skin tone on my cheeks, under my eyes, and around my nose. It has a very thin consistency - 3 clicks of the pen is almost too much. But this blends like a dream and does not cake. Used with my Teint Miracle foundation and some PF pressed translucent powder over the top, I look rested and younger. Score!

However, this does next to nothing covering blemishes or scars. You need an actual concealer for this task. I like Hard Candy's Glamoflauge.

I do think that the right shade is the biggest hurdle to overcome to successfully use this product. I tried several in Sephora before I bought this one.

I also wish that I could see how much product is left, but the gold pen is quite glamourous, of course. Thank you, YSL.

Highly recommended. Again, I do think trying this before buying is a big part of getting it to work correctly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by gingertoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about 4 weeks now. I like it so much I've stopped using foundation, which is a bonus as my favourite foundation (prescriptives) has been discontinued. Using touche eclat over a tinted sunscreen (clinique city block 25) is enough coverage for me. I'm fair and freckled. I don't really have dark under-eye circles, but I find using touche eclat under my eyes and around the sides of my nose, makes my skin look brighter and more even. I'm proud of my freckles, and this product doesn't conceal them.

The only thing I don't like is the colour is a little bit too pink, which means it's not useful for covering redness, but that's not what it's designed for so I can't complain.

I was worried when I bought this that it would add an unnecessary step to my routine. I prefer to keep things simple. But it has replaced messy bottles of foundation, so I'm very happy I gave it a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this highlighter for years and I'll go on using it for ever. I know there are cheaper alternatives but the few I have tried have been disappointing and I've always come back to the original and best. I really only need to use this very sparingly so it lasts me a while.

Fantastic product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by COCO792

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the perfect under-eye concealer. nothing else compares (other than MAC moisture cover concealer, which is just as perfect).

the colour is realistic and pinky :D and not yellow.

I use one or two pumps and put it onto my finger to get the full amount of product out. and then onto my eyes with my finger.

one pump for a natural look without foundation. and two pumps for a fuller look with foundation.

if you just use the brush to apply you won't get the full amount of product as it will absorb into the brush. saying that, no matter how lightly I blend, most of the product absorbs onto my finger rather than my eyes. it's better to pat I think. this also seems very thin and light in coverage, which doesn't help when blending.

apart from this being disgustingly priced, it is a very good product.
it would be my favourite but it's just too expensive. I bought 2 of these and used them up until I found MAC moisture cover (which is much better value for money). but I won't buy anymore touche eclat. this should retail for £15-17 tops.

even if this fits into your budget and your prepared to pay that much for an under-eye concealer, I still don't think it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* Me - NC30, normal to dry skin with occasional acne and dry spots
* Review of Touche Éclat No.1 (Luminous Radiance): (a) As a concealer, this does not work as a concealer because it does not match a true match for skin tone since it is peach-pink in tone; (b) As a complexion highlighter, the product claims that dark circles, fine lines and signs of fatigue virtually disappear but in reality, it is not a magic all-in-one. Since the color is peach-pink, it does seem to sort of “lighten” the skin but after a while, it just seems to fade right into my skin and appear virtually unnoticeable; (c) This seems to be an okay alternative to powder highlighter powders and shimmery luminescent highlighters like BeneFit’s High Beam for the area above the eye brow, along the jowl line and area below the chin.
* Pros - Light texture, easy to blend and is not chalky. Sleek and portable YSL packaging and looks nice to carry around.
* Price - €30
* Verdict - Overall, this seems to be just an okay product for me and no matter how many different ways I try using this, I don't think I'll ever fall in love with it enough to ever repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by blondex199667

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is, by far, the best product I've ever used under my eyes in terms of finish. It is also the only product I've ever had a bad reaction to. After using it for a few weeks I end up with what can only be described as welts under my eyes. I've bought it several times over the years, hoping for a different result. I most recently bought the one specifically for men, but the same thing happened.
The price is outrageous, the packaging is not great because you can't precisely control the flow. But it is the best highlighter out there, if your skin can take it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

THIS IS NOT A CONCEALER!

Getting pretty fed up with people who write reviews on this product whinging that it doesn't conceal or cover my spots etc. It was never made to be a concealer.

This is a highlighting / brightening pen people. YSL touche eclat is a beautiful gold pen. It is excellent as brightening the under-eye are, particularly if you have puffy darkened lids. You can also use this on your cupids bow to define your upper lip, place on the brow bone to highlight, practically anywhere you want. I tend to use this on my nose bridge, brow bone (before or after eyeshadow application) and under eye.
This pen probably works more noticeably on mature skin, maybe 35+ but I started using this in my mid twenties. I have had older ladies at work swear that it helps to minimise the appearance of their fine lines/wrinkles. It is obscenely expensive but then it is supposedly 'the best'. There are a lot more dupes of this product on the market but I really can't be bothered buying them all to find out as my pen lasts me about 6 months with moderate use.
I am NC20 and I switch between the no1 (pinkish light beige and no 2 yellow-toned light beige).
It's not one of my staple products though but it is nice to keep in my makeup drawer :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sandrathp

I have tried all these type of highlighting pens and I always come back to the original pioneer, YSL, it is creamy, soft and sheer but could be layered for medium coverage. It isn't my favorite. Chanel's Lumière Eclat pen is my favorite b/c it gives more coverage and costs much lest. 57$ for the YSL is ridiculous, especially if you need coverage...then you run out after a month unless you use it sheer, 1 layer tops and very minimal. Took 1 lippie off for the cost, *absolutely* not worth 50$+tax. Otherwise, the Chanel is more suited for covering using MUCH less product and it is even more creamy and moisturizing and it 40$ compared to 50$ for the YSL. I am addicted to theses pens, but I would only repurchase the Chanel b/c of the quality versus cost issues. The Chanel lasts me about 4 months daily use b/c a little goes a long way compared to YSL that lasts 1 month! Also please AVOID the Dior highlighter Pen....unless you want to throw money in the trash. It was far the worst I have tried. It was way too drying, zero coverage, the pink color looked awfully pink, think of barbie pink....awful consistency/color/texture...and it ran out after 2 weeks. What a waist, 57 dollars in Canada...save your cash and buy a nice brush or eye palette that will LAST... for exactly the same cost !!!! It was far the most useless item in my makeup bag!