September 19, 2014 | 1793 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by bionicbigjames

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying that I absolutely love YSL Touche Éclat. It is just this particular shade that I am not a fan of. It doesn't show up enough on my LLL skintone. Doesn't highlight it whatsoever. This was the first shade I purchased and had it not found a great deal on Ebay for No. 2 Luminous Ivory, my opinion for this product would be a negative one. Thankfully, I have found that No. 2 is perfect for my skintone. It's a staple in my daily beauty routine & it shows up enough to truly highlights selected areas. So, for those of you who have only tried this shade, do not be discouraged. Get the next shade up & I'm sure you will find out why this product is so widely acclaimed. My only complaint about this product as a whole would be the packaging. While it is beautiful, it is not practical. I have to click the pen numerous times to get enough product on the brush, especially when its almost empty. You can't tell how much product is left & it is impossible to get every last drop. Other than that, this is a great highlighter, just not this particular shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

I can't believe I took so long to try this - it's a must have for all women who like make up!

I use it under my eyes before concealer and around my nose. It brightens withou being sparkly, it's very subtle.

The downside is that it costs USD 40 for only 2,5 ml.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by cherrysylvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice highlighter concealer, it's perfect for eyes without drying and flaking. The color is nice and lightweight. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by LemonEater

I think even as a highlighter, it may be too light for dark skin tones. You may be able to use as a sheer concealer though. But the problem i kinda had was that it didn't blend very well. It's waterproof, so if you wanted to mix it with other things it may not mix well. Otherwise if you stick to using it as a highlighter (the way it's meant to be used for) it's not too bad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Packaging:
Looks and feels very expensive. The applicator brush makes you waste alot of product, is unhygienic and is not good for applying the product. It has kind of a button on the bottom that you click to get product out through the applicator - the first time you use it you will have to click alot before something comes out. The applicator is about 1 cm (0.4 inches) and is like a brush made of plastic bristles, pretty dense, and will make the product look streaky on your skin.

Product:
This is not a concealer, this is a highlighter, only use it under your eyes to brighten them if you don't have dark cirkles. You can use it on your cheekbones and nose too. Don't use it on blemishes, this is not a concealer, and you don't want to highlight blemishes. It is liquidy, dries fast, so you will have to blend it out quickly, preferably with a different brush that doesn't make it streaky. If you already have dry skin under your eyes, this will accentuate them, but otherwise it won't look cakey.

Advice:
Click a few times and put the product on your hand, and use your fingers or a different brush to apply it under your eyes or where you want it.

2/5, doesn't do enough for me to be worth the price, wastes alot of product and is unhygienic.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

at last I've found a way to make this work for me. This is no use for covering dark circles on its own . Yes i know it's a highlighter and not a concealer. The reason I've bought this a good few times is because it's the best under eyes for not showing up lines. What good if it dosen't cover darkness? Well I put this on first , then foundation then a concealer where there is still darkness. I use kanebo sensai brush type concealer. I've read before to put this OVER concealer to brighten eyes but this just does not work for me.It's easy to cover dark circles with concealer when you're young. But after a certain age
when concealers start to show up the lines it's a nighmare task to get something that works.In that order I find it really helps to minimize making lines worse. If you use powder put the powder on before your choice of concealer, but make sure your not using a concealer that emphasizes lines.Hope this works for others.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by irina1411

I don't have problems with dark circles under my eyes, so I use this product only now and then to add a little light. It does the job perfectly. But, it doesn't look to me like that it has a good coverage power, so I wouldn't recommend it in case of really dark circles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I recently started using this, after using Dior's Skinflash in Candelight for many years, which I still love. This is an excellent highlighter, especially for people like me who have a lot of pink tones to their skin, and it truly does make you look like airbrushed perfection - if used correctly.

I use this to even out my skin tone on my cheeks, under my eyes, and around my nose. It has a very thin consistency - 3 clicks of the pen is almost too much. But this blends like a dream and does not cake. Used with my Teint Miracle foundation and some PF pressed translucent powder over the top, I look rested and younger. Score!

However, this does next to nothing covering blemishes or scars. You need an actual concealer for this task. I like Hard Candy's Glamoflauge.

I do think that the right shade is the biggest hurdle to overcome to successfully use this product. I tried several in Sephora before I bought this one.

I also wish that I could see how much product is left, but the gold pen is quite glamourous, of course. Thank you, YSL.

Highly recommended. Again, I do think trying this before buying is a big part of getting it to work correctly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by gingertoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about 4 weeks now. I like it so much I've stopped using foundation, which is a bonus as my favourite foundation (prescriptives) has been discontinued. Using touche eclat over a tinted sunscreen (clinique city block 25) is enough coverage for me. I'm fair and freckled. I don't really have dark under-eye circles, but I find using touche eclat under my eyes and around the sides of my nose, makes my skin look brighter and more even. I'm proud of my freckles, and this product doesn't conceal them.

The only thing I don't like is the colour is a little bit too pink, which means it's not useful for covering redness, but that's not what it's designed for so I can't complain.

I was worried when I bought this that it would add an unnecessary step to my routine. I prefer to keep things simple. But it has replaced messy bottles of foundation, so I'm very happy I gave it a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this highlighter for years and I'll go on using it for ever. I know there are cheaper alternatives but the few I have tried have been disappointing and I've always come back to the original and best. I really only need to use this very sparingly so it lasts me a while.

Fantastic product.