September 3, 2014 | 933 users online

Powder - Bobbi Brown - Illuminating Finish Powder Compact Foundation SPF 12

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by AmnaAlmarri

Guess I'm a mac person, even though I tried many bobbi brown products and tried so hard...and wasted a lot of money... Oh well

First of all, I waited for this powedr for months after reading about it in a magazine it sounded like a dream come true ! I have combination skin and I used it with a brush after my liquid foundation. It would look nice and then later on I would be shocked to see how blotchy it got. maybe it depends on my day, how long and hard it was... And I advise not to keep loading it on ur face throughout the day... Big no no !
I guess I had very high expectations. Lol

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by kohan836

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin so have tried many powder foundations, but always end up going back to liquid - most powder foundations either dry my skin out, aren't the right shade, or are too matte and powdery looking. This one is just right - not too matte, great shade selection, not drying, and controls oil well. I'm MAC NC30 and use the shade Natural, which is a perfect match for me. I use it dry with a sponge which gives just enough coverage. If you're looking for medium to full coverage this is not the right product for you - I would suggest Chanel Mat Lumiere instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by rosecard77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Straight to the point. I have no visible lines, until I tried this foundation! I tried all three methods of applying it and it went on beautifully for me and looked great, but within 30 minutes, I literally had lines I never knew I had. Going back to the store for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by luvlyctlady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this in the golden shade for about 2 weeks and LOVE it. I prefer powder foundation for daytime and this is perfect for a natural, flawless finish. I'll use concealer very lightly to cover my dark circles and any blemishes on my skin, then buff this in lightly with a big fluffy brush and use a smaller brush to set the concealer under my eyes and the finish is perfect. I still occasionally blot during the day using blotting paper (but I'm pretty oily)... Even so, I haven't had to reapply this during the day and I still look pretty good at the end of the day :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by DEBIPORTMAN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. You can apply it wet or dry with a sponge and also with a brush. I find applying it with either a dry sponge or a brush best. It does look cakey at first but within a few minutes it looks 'illuminating'. the packaging is classic with a very substantial mirror - great for on the go!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Petruskha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very disappointed, but I've never had much luck with Bobbi Brown products. Ordered on-line from Macy"s, wore it one day, and right away knew it was going back, No coverage (truly more of a finishing powder) and no luminosity at all, despite its name. The only saving grace was the sleek compact- too expensive to keep for a product no better than a drugstore item.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Hyt831

its a great setting powder for me. theres no coverage, but that is what i wanted in the first place! I find it much more natural than MACs blotting powder, and quality is better more smoother and the powder feels silkier!
when i buy powder, i look for the silkiness of the product, because it will apply on smoother and give a better finish, another words, it will not look cakey! and this product is exactly what i wanted!
the packaging is so pretty and it is simple! I love how i can sworl my brush in the powder and the sides of the compact stays clean. unlike many of my other powders (mac, lancome) the powder just sits of the side of the pan and compact!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by janne1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like it very much - of course it does not give much cover, but that does not bother me. I cover the redness at my nose with foundation stick, my eye circles with corrector/concealer and after that apply this with the dry sponge. It is perfect. My skin looks barely undone, but great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by ef56

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After I couldn't get my beloved origins "silk screen" anymore in my home country, I was looking for an alternative. I looked for a veryyyyy long time. The only product which I liked was studio fix, but the oil control with that one isn't that great. I had to blot every two hours, and the powder got into the fine lines in my face, which wasn't very pretty...
So, a week ago I saw this powder at the Bobbi brown counter and I said I will give it a try, especially when I saw the Alabaster. I know Bobbi's range of colors is on a yellow basis, and I have a very pale skin with pink undertones. The Alabaster looked just perfect! So, I bought it, and have been using it for about a week now. It's amazing!! I think it has a great coverage. I use concealer of course, but it doesn't have this mask like feeling that you get from the liquid or too heavy powdery foundation. I was even asked by a friend of mine if I was wearing any make or if I just came back from a vacation since my skin looked that good!!
I highly recommend it if you have an oily T zone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although I like this, I can see how it got bad reviews. I've been using this for a week now and thought it was mediocre. I have very light acne scarring on my cheeks and it covered it up well. But if you have a lot of covering up to do, this is not going to cut it because its sheer. I have oily skin and I didn't have to blot until maybe about 2 hrs after application which is okay. The one thing I didn't like was that it accentuated my pores at the corners of my nose. Other than that, it gave me a smooth finish. Might purchase again or probably go back to the skin fdtn.