OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress

4.5

on 5/10/2013 6:49:00 PM

This is the perfect red for nails! Looks good on most skin tones and I've received so many compliments. I keep going back to this colour even though I've got tonnes others.

on 4/12/2013 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Ok now don't get me wrong, this is a very nice polish... But that's just it, it's just...'nice' I dont find it amazing, or gorgeous or anything special really... So I don't really understand its cult status... I bought this polish after reading so much about how it's the most amazing red ever, the most popular opi of all time and I was pretty disappointed... I have tried much nicer reds than this... For example I absolutely adore Big apple red and Malaga wine by opi. (I know they are completely different types of reds but they are something to rave about) I'm not really a waitress is a so-so polish... The medium red shimmer is ok... The wear is ok (about 4 days) and the application is ok (not the easiest polish I've worked with, not the hardest) I'm wearing this polish right now and it just doesn't excite me the way others do... It doesn't give me that "can't stop staring a t my hands" feeling... But that's just my opinion I guess :)

on 2/25/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I can see why this is one of OPI's most coveted polishes. This cranberry-ish red is gorgeous with its threads of shimmer and it just GLOWS. The formula is top notch; it looks good after two coats and dries quickly. Many other reviewers mention that it's the perfect red for fair skin and I couldn't agree more, even if it's not my personal favorite shade of red. I'm Not Really a Waitress is the perfect fall and winter holiday red.

on 2/4/2013 9:09:00 PM

So, so pretty. I have super fair skin and this is the only red I've found that looks good on me. Dries fast, too.

on 1/3/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh, what a pretty nail polish. Medium-deep red with a distinctively cool-toned edge, flashes of magenta, and with a gorgeous, strong shimmer. I'd call this a cool-toned wine red, though I've seen it described as raspberry, cranberry, or ruby red, and those work, too. I have a long love affair with wine red nail polishes, and this definitely works with my cool, pale skintone.

I will note that this might not work well on warm-toned skin. I tried it on my daughter, who has medium-fair, neutral-warm skin, and it was not flattering. I suppose it might work for some kinds of warm-toned complexions, but judging by the reviews here and my own observation, I would really recommend avoiding this if you're not cool-toned (or at least neutral).

Application is okay, streaky on the first coat and generally sorts itself out by the second. I can usually get acceptable opacity in two coats, if I apply carefully.

This polish looks surprisingly good with a matte top coat, I've found. It loses the shimmer and becomes an almost velvety wine red, very visually appealing, at least to my own aesthetic tastes.

This is a nice, rich, eye-catching colour with typical OPI formula. I'd certainly buy it again, but I've heard rumours that OPI is dropping it from their line, so I might not get the chance... Ah, well, there ARE other shimmery wine reds out there, but it seems a shame to lose this one. It's really quite beautiful.

on 12/30/2012 5:13:00 PM

Beautiful dark raspberry-red shimmer that enhances fair skin tones. It lasts a long time, just minor chips at the very tips of my nails - only noticeable to the wearer. Great fall/winter colour. Definitely will be repurchasing, it is very classy and luxurious looking (and that's surprising for me to say as I usually stay away from shimmers due to the fact that they often look tacky, IMHO).
Application info:
- used OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
- 2 coats of polish
- finished with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (reapplied every other day)
Highly recommend this colour!! :)

on 11/22/2012 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

While the cranberry colour is absolutely gorgeous, I couldn't get more than a couple of hours without it chipping on me. Yes, I use OPI base and top coat with it. I have the mini bottle so I would carry it with me and constantly be touching it up only to have new chips show up an hour or two later. After two days I took it off in disgust. I loved it so much when I first applied it that I was going to rush out and buy the regular sized bottle. However, after actually living with it for a couple of days, I find it too frustrating. I won't buy it again.

on 11/16/2012 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Goes on like velvet. Great color - kinda vampy but it's really cute. Great for winter parties. It's my go to red and has been for years.

on 11/7/2012 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of my all time favorite colors. A nice, rich red with a bit of metallic luster. This color stays on my toes a good 70% of the winter. Love!

on 10/19/2012 9:49:00 PM

Considering a seduction?

This red rocks.

I have never had nails so sexy with black lace, white pearls and Chanel 5.

Popular Polishes