OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress

4.5

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've worn this color for years & it's one of my faves! I always get complimented on it. I truly don't think these pictures on this site show how dark and pretty it really is. In the pics it comes off lighter. This is a quality polish that barely chips. The color is very universal & just lovely. This would look great on any skin tone! I'm just in love w/this & will always repurchase it as long as they make it. It's a perfect, deep burgundy red! Beautiful in person!

The finish is pretty,has a duochrome effect to it,red sparkles in cranberry polish,BUT the color is not very pretty and does not look good in my olive skin, but it is so longlasting ,OPI is great

This polish lives up to its reputation. I think it's a great option for people who prefer cool toned red. It has a pretty shimmer. It has the quality and longevity I expect from OPI. My bottle was a little thick when I received it, but that is probably because I bought it online and the color has been around for so long. Nothing that thinner couldn't fix.

I don't really get the hype with this product. While the formula was amazing, the color just didn't work for me. It was a lot more vampy looking than I thought, and even though I'm a huge fan of red nails, I just don't like vampy nail colors on myself. This could be because I have long nails, so this color kind of made me look like an evil witch. I think short nailed people would probably like this polish better.

This is the perfect red for nails! Looks good on most skin tones and I've received so many compliments. I keep going back to this colour even though I've got tonnes others.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Ok now don't get me wrong, this is a very nice polish... But that's just it, it's just...'nice' I dont find it amazing, or gorgeous or anything special really... So I don't really understand its cult status... I bought this polish after reading so much about how it's the most amazing red ever, the most popular opi of all time and I was pretty disappointed... I have tried much nicer reds than this... For example I absolutely adore Big apple red and Malaga wine by opi. (I know they are completely different types of reds but they are something to rave about) I'm not really a waitress is a so-so polish... The medium red shimmer is ok... The wear is ok (about 4 days) and the application is ok (not the easiest polish I've worked with, not the hardest) I'm wearing this polish right now and it just doesn't excite me the way others do... It doesn't give me that "can't stop staring a t my hands" feeling... But that's just my opinion I guess :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I can see why this is one of OPI's most coveted polishes. This cranberry-ish red is gorgeous with its threads of shimmer and it just GLOWS. The formula is top notch; it looks good after two coats and dries quickly. Many other reviewers mention that it's the perfect red for fair skin and I couldn't agree more, even if it's not my personal favorite shade of red. I'm Not Really a Waitress is the perfect fall and winter holiday red.

So, so pretty. I have super fair skin and this is the only red I've found that looks good on me. Dries fast, too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh, what a pretty nail polish. Medium-deep red with a distinctively cool-toned edge, flashes of magenta, and with a gorgeous, strong shimmer. I'd call this a cool-toned wine red, though I've seen it described as raspberry, cranberry, or ruby red, and those work, too. I have a long love affair with wine red nail polishes, and this definitely works with my cool, pale skintone.

I will note that this might not work well on warm-toned skin. I tried it on my daughter, who has medium-fair, neutral-warm skin, and it was not flattering. I suppose it might work for some kinds of warm-toned complexions, but judging by the reviews here and my own observation, I would really recommend avoiding this if you're not cool-toned (or at least neutral).

Application is okay, streaky on the first coat and generally sorts itself out by the second. I can usually get acceptable opacity in two coats, if I apply carefully.

This polish looks surprisingly good with a matte top coat, I've found. It loses the shimmer and becomes an almost velvety wine red, very visually appealing, at least to my own aesthetic tastes.

This is a nice, rich, eye-catching colour with typical OPI formula. I'd certainly buy it again, but I've heard rumours that OPI is dropping it from their line, so I might not get the chance... Ah, well, there ARE other shimmery wine reds out there, but it seems a shame to lose this one. It's really quite beautiful.

Beautiful dark raspberry-red shimmer that enhances fair skin tones. It lasts a long time, just minor chips at the very tips of my nails - only noticeable to the wearer. Great fall/winter colour. Definitely will be repurchasing, it is very classy and luxurious looking (and that's surprising for me to say as I usually stay away from shimmers due to the fact that they often look tacky, IMHO).
Application info:
- used OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
- 2 coats of polish
- finished with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (reapplied every other day)
Highly recommend this colour!! :)

Top Rated OPI Products