Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 4/4/2015 6:31:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Lightweight, natural looking, medium coverage, dewy finish. Shade 10 beige is neutral light, not orange, nor pink. It's not spectacular at keeping oil at bay - 4 hours max. Maybe I wouldn't repurchase, but 10 beige is matching my skintone better than any other foundation so far, so I probably will. It's not great, it's not HG, but it's soild product.

on 3/25/2015 12:41:00 AM

I tried a sample of this and within a day my whole face broke out in a rash, which has never happened to me from make up before. Other than the rash, the coverage was a nice medium and gave a slightly dewey finish.

I didn't buy this foundation, but I got a sample and wore it for several days. It's an awesome light coverage foundation--it evens skin tone and makes my skin look luminous (without being glittery or sparkly at all). However, I ended up not buying it because it didn't do anything to minimize my pores.

I wish they had a wide range of colors--the lightest is I think a little too dark for me, and the darkest shades are barely dark at all.

on 3/22/2015 12:58:00 PM

I got this on advice of a salesrepresentative at the Chanel counter. I never go a tint darker or lighter than my actual skintone, and she advised the colour #12 Beige Rose.

This is the perfect, sheer - whilst giving enough coverage - subtle foundation there is at the moment for me. It is a bit watery, but the right amount.
It applies very well with the right brush which makes it easy to use this as an every day foundation. Only need a few droplets on the forehead, both cheeks, and on your chin - voilá you're done.

Would love to see this in a transparent packaging so I can see when it's finished but that goes with a lot of Chanel products.

Coverage 7.5/10
Smell 8/10
Packaging 7/10
Range of colours 8/10
Texture 10/10

on 3/14/2015 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Had high hopes and they came crashing down on me minus 45 bucks :( Wish I had stuck with my Missha, which is far more superior than this. First couple of times was vowed, then the rash started. Now I am stuck with this, used it 5 times max..frick!!!

on 3/14/2015 5:01:00 PM

Probably the worst foundation I've ever used. I was excited to try this after reading great reviews, but even when layered over the Chanel primer, this did not last more than a couple of hours and made my normally matte looking skin soo oily and greasy. I'm returning this, for the price point you can get much better foundation.

on 3/8/2015 3:06:00 PM

This is my favorite light coverage foundation by far and I've tried dozens. I wear shade br 12 which is perfect for my fair cool toned skin. I have combination skin and this doesn't emphasize dry spots or make my skin oilier. It looks very natural on. The only negative is the price.

on 3/7/2015 1:13:00 PM

I went to Nordstrom and was color matched to B20. Vitalumiere Aqua is a great everday foundation with light to medium coverage. It is natural looking, so it is not obvious that I am wearing foundation. I still use separate concealers for spot and under eye coverage. I typically just use my fingers to apply this foundation, but sometimes I will take the time to use a beauty blender or the Real Techniques expert face brush.

This is a very beautiful foundation, and I will continue to repurchase it.

on 3/4/2015 10:04:00 PM

Love this foundation, my HG. Have tried so many foundations over the years, and this is one of the few that I've chosen to repurchase. Super lightweight, natural looking with a beautiful finish, good coverage, nice smell - couldn't ask for more. My favourite way to apply is over a primer (hourglass mineral primer) and then simply with my fingertips. Love the packaging as well - so sleek and easy to travel with. Totally expensive, but I think it's worth the price.

on 2/14/2015 3:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I finally gave in and bought this expensive foundation. I tried it with my usual Olay regenerist moisturizer underneath and my face looked like a oil slick within a couple of hours, so disappointing. I then tried it over Paula's choice Resist toner (the one for dry skin) only, with no moisturizer and it is perfect. My work colleague noticed how good my skin was looking, a glowy no obvious foundation look. I have the colour rose beige which is a lot lighter than the MAC NW20 always recommened by MAC staff, but a perfect match for my skin tone.