December 18, 2014 | 975 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These eyeshadows are really blah to look at and I wasn't too impressed when I was given my first one but once you try them they really are nice.
I have collected quite a few of them now and love to mix and match the shades.
Very easy to apply, the colour is buildable so you can go from sheer to as dark as you like. They apply with much more depth if you wet them first. One eyeshadow can be applied in a variety of ways to make it look like you have used a whole palette, very multi dimensional.
Shadow stays all day and there is no creasing.
They really are little pots of magic.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by orderlydisconduct

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

no no no. i really don't like this product at all... i got it in sapphire sparkle, and i was excited because i loved the shade and i was looking for something dark and bold...unfortunately this was not it. it's thin and hard to apply... definitely not worth it. once you get enough on to actually show up, it stays on for maybe, half an hour? then it fades and just looks gross. -sigh- oh well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Ssephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hate this. It's thin, bad quality, too shimmery, doesn't blend well, chalky, doesn't stay long at all, even with primer and it looks cheap on. I just hate this. Its terrible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I own these shadows in Knockout Pink and Kaboom Kelly ....Love them both!! I don't like dark eyeshadows because they make my eyes look muddy and tired. These shadows are very sheer and glides on very well. The staying power is not there , but hey it's only $3 a pop. Just stash one in your make up bag and touch up when needed. Will definitely buy again. The only downside is the fall out you get when applying with a brush. That's why it's a 4 out of 5.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by xsarahxharrison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These eyeshadows are just okay.They are kinda hard to blend (only certain colors, like brown smolder).Most of them are very shimmery, and not too colorful.So if you don't like too much color, these are okay.The only ones I'll probably buy again are tapestry taupe, snow blossom, and platina.These are fairly decent.I haven't tried any of their other colors except for brown smolder, which was ehhh.They are slightly talcy smelling.They are just okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by savannahx3you

I love most CG products and this is definitely one of them. I do not however use the little spongey brush thingy that it comes with. I use an actual eyeshadow brush, and using this product with a brushbrush, it works FANTASTICLY! It gives you the actual color you see and you can either make the color lighter or darker with however much you want to put on your eyelids. When I use this mascara, I put a primer underneath it, and then put on the product so that way it stays on all day and doesn't crease. It WORKS. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by starla219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Knock Out Pink and was happy with the results. I applied mostly in the crease using the MAC 217 and it came out a really pretty shade of mauve-ish pink. I've never seen the MAC Barbie "playful" LE color in person -- but I'm wondering if this is similar (and would love if someone could confirm/deny!) I think this pink color would look even nicer on chocolate brown eyes. I usually only wear one or two shadow colors at a time so I'm not sure how well this would blend for more complicated looks, although I didn't have any problems. I did have to layer it slightly but the color payoff was there. For the cheap price tag and flattering color I'm very happy with the decision to purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by kbraglin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I bought this last week after reading many reviews. I have it in Swiss Chocolate because I have blue eyes and I thought this gorgeous color would make my eyes look great. I immediately opened it when I got home and started applying it with the sponge brush included and instantly remembered why I wanted to stay away from Cover Girl eyeshadow.

The color is gorgeous in the package, however, it does NOT carry over to your eyelids. It has no pigment. It only left shimmer with a very light hint of brown. I was extremely disappointed. And from what I've read, Cover Girl frequently has shimmer in their eyeshadow?

I guess it's back to my old eyeshadow, a brand that I cannot find anymore...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by InfamousBabyJ

I really enjoy the prices of CG products. I recently bought a couple CG eyeshadows since I haven't bought any CG products in quite some time. I bought this in Aqua Paradise, a very bright beautiful teal color, and a beautiful blue quad set. I was so excited considering the colors were awesome looking in the package. I got home right away to do some swatches, and to my dismay they were NOTHING like they were in the packaging. The applicator itself is SO scratchy, I hate using it. I can't use any of my make up eye brushes because of the fact that the eyeshadows are pressed so hard, my brush won't pick any of it up. They are really hard to blend and you seriously have to apply for a good 5 minutes before you get ANY color payoff. It sucks because the price is so good that I would definitly go back and buy more. The only color that I have bought that actually had a great color payoff was the teal color. I recently bought a dark blue one that I have yet to try, but doubt it's going to be any good. I wish these were more pigmented and applied a little easier. Also, since you have to use their applicator, you get serious fallout underneath your lashes. No matter what I do to get rid of it, it never works and I constantly have to wipe all the make up away before I go anything because of how much falls off the applicator. I would recommend this to someone maybe wanting a subtle look with their make up, or somebody who doesn't have alot of money to spend on make up. If you have the money, I would go to a different brand if you want a color payoff, because you won't be getting it with CG.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by sweetpeas123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

You get what you pay for.

Cover Girl's eye shadows are always too shimmery,
and VERY HARD TO BLEND.

that's a major factor for me,
blending is soo important!