July 25, 2014 | 1926 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by car50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great toner ,it really exfoliates , I suffer from sehborrea dermatitis and acne , and I use this toner with some other products ,( I wrote a review on the deep clean oil free cream cleanser from neutrogena and there you will find my daily routine and other products that I use ),if this toner is too strong for you ,you can damp the cotton pad in water and then apply 8 to 10 drops of this toner ,u can use 2 or 3 cotton pads as needed ,and this will do exfoliate your skin ,believe me ,the ph in this is just right to exfoliate ,even when it's diluted .

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ashswonderland

I am in love with this toner! It has been helping me significantly with my cystic acne and breakouts. I have been using it for 1 week and have noticed a huge difference. My large cystic pimples have greatly gone down. I know soon they will be gone thanks to this stuff. I also alternate between this and the stress toner to help with redness. I love them both. I use olay cream for sensitive skin to help keep it moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by AmberSkyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this stuff. I had been suffering from adult onset acne since my early 20s, and my skin has really wreaked havoc because of it. I decided to try this out to help fade some of my acne scars. I'm on my second bottle, and I don't think it's helping the fading much, but my acne has almost DISAPPEARED!!!!!! It's amazing! After all the fancy and expensive face washes, spot treatments, and even prescriptions I've wasted time and money on, it was this $6 bottle of toner that did the trick! This was the only new product I started using when my skin cleared up, so I know it's this. I use it after I wash my face morning and night before I use moisturizer. I have oily skin, but I wouldn't recommend not using a moisturizer after this...it would dry your skin out too much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If it weren't for the fact that this "toner" is really drying, I would have rated it a 4, but instead it gets a 3. I don't consider this a toner... it's more of a liquid acne treatment. It's got 2% salicylic acid and 38% alcohol, so to add any other kind of acne treatment on top of this would be over-kill. I apply this during the day or night when I'm at home and am too lazy to put on my topical prescription meds. This stuff is quick, and it's definitely effective. Since I started using this, I've seen a significant reduction in the number of larger pimples that pop up. And when I do get a break-out, I wipe some of this on it and leave it on for a while, and the zit is usually reduced in size by the next day. This stuff isn't the only reason why my face has been pretty clear lately; like I said before, I use prescription medicine too, but this stuff definitely helps out. My only real complaint is that my skin will get really dry if I use this stuff too much, so I have to limit it to like once every other day, and sometimes dilute it with some water. Another weird thing about this stuff is that after it's been on my face for about an hour or so, my skin looks really oily. I think that because the formula is so drying, it's making my sebum (oil) glands work overtime to counteract the dryness; so I usually wash it off after an hour and a half, and I don't leave the house with this on my face (I look oily, and because it makes my face extra sensitive to sunlight). I should also note that the opening where the product comes out is a little wide, and alot can come out at once, so be careful... over-doing this stuff causes dryness (like I've said 10x already ha). I can't say much for the whole "fade" aspect of this because I don't have a huge problem with acne scars.

Overall: effective acne treatment, but very drying if over-used.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Demii97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MY HG TONER!!!!! I use this three times a day and it doesnt over dry me. I see my acne and scars getting better. Ive been using this for about two years. Ive repurchased soo many times and will continue too. I love that when i put this on it gets rid of my oily skin. I love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by heinesite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have oily skin but even for me it's a little drying and strong so I can only use it once a day but I definitely have seen fading of dark spots and tightening of the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product since it came out, I love it. I do break out still occasionally, but this helps to fade the red marks a lot faster than they used to. One bottle lasts me a long time, so the price is fine when you take that into consideration. My skin would get dry if I didn't use a moisturizer after applying this, but I always apply moisturizer. Alpa hydroxy acids work great, would recommend anyone to try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MzJamZy89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff, one bottle lasts me about a month. Man do I love this stuff! I'm 23 and the last few months are the first months that I haven't had zits! (Stupid Aunt Flow still kicks my butt!)
I wash my face at night with the Stress Control scrub by Neutrogena then Spot Corrector by Garnier and use this stuff then in the morning I just use this stuff and Spot Corrector.

The one thing everyone that is planning on trying this needs to keep in mind..
That is DOES dry out your skin, pretty bad. But after about 2-3 weeks of using it.. your skin will get use to it. Also, if you do one week with just using it at night then the 2nd week, start using it twice a day helps.
Another thing.. Using this Toner for the first 2-3 weeks.. it brings all your pimples that under your skin to the surface. So if you can't live with having bad pimples/acne for that amount of time, this isn't for you! I almost gave up when it brought all my pimples to the surface! Until I read a girl's review somewhere (a drugstore website.. not sure which one) that it was suppose to do that and it did it to her too, I stuck with it! And my skin is amazing! I'm so proud of it! I went from wearing full coverage makeup to light/medium! My scars are pretty well diminished. Still shows a bit but not like they were! I started seeing results of them disappearing about the time I had about a half of a week left of my first bottle.

I don't care about the price when it does a good job! I will continue to buy it. I love the stuff.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by RickyVsTrevor21

New! Neutrogena Rapid-Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Toner with micro-clear technology. Fights breakouts in under 8 hours and fades the look of post acne marks. Salycylic acid acne treatment (236ml)

PROS:
•Contains salicylic acid
•Keeps breakouts under control (bottle says for up to 8 hours)
•Kinda fades the look of past acne marks (emphasis on KINDA)
•Packaging is ok

CONS:
•VERY DRYING!!! I have super oily skin and I've been using this twice a day for 5 days now and my skin is all dry and flaky. I've changed nothing in my skin care regimen except my toner
•I got a teeny bit on my finger, so I washed my hand then moisturized. The next day my finger was brown, dry and flaky!!
•Cost me $6.99 US at a Walmart in Michigan (without taxes)
•Contains Alpha Hydroxyl Acid (AHA) which makes your skin MORE prone to sunburn!!! This is what it says... "SUNBURN ALERT: This product contains Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product for a week after use"

OVERALL: I know I should've started with this... Lol
But, my skin is highly acne prone with tons of acne scars everywhere on my face except nose & forehead (knock on wood) My skin is super oily and pretty pale and very prone to sunburn. So if your skin is like mine, save yourself some money and don't buy this

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by dkbusse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have severely acne prone skin. I have tried many prescription treatments as well as drugstore products. I have tried Murad and ProActive and other slimier lines. However, this toner, combined with my current skin care regime, which includes the Neutrogena All-In-1 Acne Control Daily Scrub at night and a more mild Olay cleanser in the morning, is finally working!

My skin is the best it has been in my adult life. I was using the other two cleansers prior to adding in this toner, and I saw okay results, but now I rarely get acne of any kind. I must add, that my skin is combination oily. I don't struggle with dry skin. I would think this product could cause problems for those who have skin that is more on the dry side.

I also must add that it took a couple weeks for this product to start clearing my skin. Like other reviewers, I also dealt with purging in the beginning. I have now been using this product for exactly 6 months.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No