October 24, 2014 | 1919 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by JoanOfArc01

I'm sure my story is like many others, had acne since I was a teen. Tried everything on the market except accutane. My acne has gotten better over the years but I've never been able to get completely clear, and as anyone with the same problems, it can be quite frustrating and honestly depressing. I had being using the Mario Badescu acne kit and I was semi satisfied with it. I was using the toner twice a day and went so low on it that I added freshly squeezed lemon juice to fade my post acne marks/ dark spots/sun spots. When I finally ran out I knew I needed some sort of toner, but Mario badescu is quite pricey, so I figured I head to Wally World and see what they had to offer. I saw the neutrogena 2-1 fight and fade toner and immediately got on my phone the check the reviews (I believe a MUST if you don't want to waste tons Iof money). I've used neutrogena products in the past, but since I've used so many products since then, I couldn't remember if it actually worked. The majority of the reviews were quite positive so I gave it a go. It did sting the very first time I used it, but since my skin is extremely oily, it got used to it fairly quickly. I am a believer! For me, it worked almost immediately! I started noticing my skin tone became more even, my acne scaring gradually fading and new acne healing time cut by half. Literally no break outs even during my period! I even use it when I'm too lazy at night to wipe away my makeup. Did a few cottons balls last night and wake up this morning with not one single pimple. Now people with sensitive skin or is sensitive to alcohol because it will be drying ONLY start using it only at night...heck probably every other night and gradually work your way up. I dont know if its my combine regiment (still using Mario Badescu acne facial cleanser and using a facial brush at night). And as always the key is Moisturizing! Ladies just cuz we have oily skin does not mean you don't need to lotion up that puss. I use Yes to Cucumber night soothing lotion for senstize skin at night, and Yes to carrots SPF 15 in the morning. I am extremely happy with this product and would recommend this to anyone with my same situation. Hope this helps!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by CiaoBella82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG...completey dried out my skin leaving it very dry and flaky. The skin under my eyes are sooooo dried out and it leaves a burning feeling after applying the toner. I have super delicate skin and I have brake outs on my right cheek from the use of my cell phone so I have some post acne scars and some acne in those area. So, I read so many reviews about it and decided to buy it. The first night I applied this toner left my skin feeling like it was on fire and burning. I decided to only apply only the area where its needed but I made my mind up this toner is way to strong for my face. I use the neutrogena 2 in 1 fade gel which helps with any blemishes that pop up but as far as this toner just not for me at all very drying to the skin and way too strong to use daily which I only use once at night which was added to my night time routine. It may work for you but differently not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG toner right now. It's really affordable and it does the job. Every time I use this toner, I'm amazed at how much my face cleanser didn't get off. Prior to this, I use the L'oreal Hydra Fresh toner and when I looked at the cotton pad after I finished using it, it was nowhere near as dirty as using this toner! It helps get all the gunk out of my skin. I've been using it for the last two weeks and I DID break out at first. It got everything bad to the surface of my skin, but my skin it doing better now. It also contains a lot of alcohol (and 2% Salicylic Acid) so if you have dry skin, this probably isn't for you. Since I have oily skin, this product has worked wonders. It makes my skin feel a little dry, but it doesn't look dry and moisturizer works for me since my skins still getting used to it. When you're first using it, like other people mentioned, it does sting your skin a bit if you use too much. I use two cotton pads at night (to get all the makeup off) and one in the morning just to get all the oil out. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by car50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great toner ,it really exfoliates , I suffer from sehborrea dermatitis and acne , and I use this toner with some other products ,( I wrote a review on the deep clean oil free cream cleanser from neutrogena and there you will find my daily routine and other products that I use ),if this toner is too strong for you ,you can damp the cotton pad in water and then apply 8 to 10 drops of this toner ,u can use 2 or 3 cotton pads as needed ,and this will do exfoliate your skin ,believe me ,the ph in this is just right to exfoliate ,even when it's diluted .

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ashswonderland

I am in love with this toner! It has been helping me significantly with my cystic acne and breakouts. I have been using it for 1 week and have noticed a huge difference. My large cystic pimples have greatly gone down. I know soon they will be gone thanks to this stuff. I also alternate between this and the stress toner to help with redness. I love them both. I use olay cream for sensitive skin to help keep it moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by AmberSkyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this stuff. I had been suffering from adult onset acne since my early 20s, and my skin has really wreaked havoc because of it. I decided to try this out to help fade some of my acne scars. I'm on my second bottle, and I don't think it's helping the fading much, but my acne has almost DISAPPEARED!!!!!! It's amazing! After all the fancy and expensive face washes, spot treatments, and even prescriptions I've wasted time and money on, it was this $6 bottle of toner that did the trick! This was the only new product I started using when my skin cleared up, so I know it's this. I use it after I wash my face morning and night before I use moisturizer. I have oily skin, but I wouldn't recommend not using a moisturizer after this...it would dry your skin out too much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If it weren't for the fact that this "toner" is really drying, I would have rated it a 4, but instead it gets a 3. I don't consider this a toner... it's more of a liquid acne treatment. It's got 2% salicylic acid and 38% alcohol, so to add any other kind of acne treatment on top of this would be over-kill. I apply this during the day or night when I'm at home and am too lazy to put on my topical prescription meds. This stuff is quick, and it's definitely effective. Since I started using this, I've seen a significant reduction in the number of larger pimples that pop up. And when I do get a break-out, I wipe some of this on it and leave it on for a while, and the zit is usually reduced in size by the next day. This stuff isn't the only reason why my face has been pretty clear lately; like I said before, I use prescription medicine too, but this stuff definitely helps out. My only real complaint is that my skin will get really dry if I use this stuff too much, so I have to limit it to like once every other day, and sometimes dilute it with some water. Another weird thing about this stuff is that after it's been on my face for about an hour or so, my skin looks really oily. I think that because the formula is so drying, it's making my sebum (oil) glands work overtime to counteract the dryness; so I usually wash it off after an hour and a half, and I don't leave the house with this on my face (I look oily, and because it makes my face extra sensitive to sunlight). I should also note that the opening where the product comes out is a little wide, and alot can come out at once, so be careful... over-doing this stuff causes dryness (like I've said 10x already ha). I can't say much for the whole "fade" aspect of this because I don't have a huge problem with acne scars.

Overall: effective acne treatment, but very drying if over-used.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Demii97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MY HG TONER!!!!! I use this three times a day and it doesnt over dry me. I see my acne and scars getting better. Ive been using this for about two years. Ive repurchased soo many times and will continue too. I love that when i put this on it gets rid of my oily skin. I love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by heinesite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have oily skin but even for me it's a little drying and strong so I can only use it once a day but I definitely have seen fading of dark spots and tightening of the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product since it came out, I love it. I do break out still occasionally, but this helps to fade the red marks a lot faster than they used to. One bottle lasts me a long time, so the price is fine when you take that into consideration. My skin would get dry if I didn't use a moisturizer after applying this, but I always apply moisturizer. Alpa hydroxy acids work great, would recommend anyone to try this.