October 2, 2014 | 939 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Hyperlash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by nickyfordinsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because I had heard it was a great mascara. The first time I used it it barely looked like I had any mascara on. It also started to flake off badly about 4 hours later. I typically use covergirl mascara and based on coverage and price I will be going back to use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

Alright, I was really excited to try this mascara because of the reviews and research I did. I bought it and was rather impressed.

First I must state, I used to have short lashes that broke and shed easily. I learned two things. One, Eye shadows with bismuth oxychloride make my eyes itch and if put up next to my lashes, make my lashes fall out. Two, I am allergic to something in whatever makes eye liner and mascara "waterproof". It makes my eyes burn, Itch, and my Lashes fall out with in minutes. Once I realized this and I stopped using both of these things my Eye lashes grew tremendously. I didn't even realize it until I put on mascara again when I hadn't worn any in months. It was like ::BAM:: EYELASHES.

That being said, I really like this mascara. I like the blackness of it. I didn't have issues with clumping or with flaking. It went on smoothly and dark. I personally like the wand it comes with. I found it works perfectly with my lashes I was in love with it.

However, one day after wearing this out to many places for many occasions, I was at a small venue for five hours in the evening. No Air conditioning, and even though there were fans and it was evening, it was still the middle of July in North Carolina humidity. I am used to the heat these days so I was only moist on the face but not dripping with sweat. I had only been there for three hours at this point and when I went in to the ladies room my mascara from my bottom lashes was underneath my eyes like I had been wearing a cheap eyeliner in my water line and bled(I wasn't wearing any eyeliner at all). it had run all underneath my eyes giving me dark circle and there was flaking all over my check bones.

I was a little surprised because I had worn this many times and not had this problem at all. Then again I was in a small hot humid venue with little air flow, so I don't know anyone who's makeup would hold up through that if it isn't waterproof.

All in all, I give this a four. I like it a lot and it works well, though I think I may have to look else where for extremely humid nights, or go without mascara. Waterproof just isn't an option for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by xkeepitugly

I got this mascara in the Smashbox Brown Eyes set. Otherwise, I never would've gotten it- far too expensive. Anyhow, this mascara has some merits, despite the other negative reviews I've seen. This mascara defines like a dream; doesn't clump at all, and separates every lash out. The plastic brush is fantastic as it equally coats every lash, even the tiny ones. Hyperlash is also quite good for length.
As for cons, Hyperlash doesn't have very good staying power. My lashes will look gorgeous when I'm heading out the door for school, but end up droopy and sad once I get home. Also, this mascara does little to volumize. In fact, it makes thin lashes look impossibly thinner.
Overall, this mascara isn't as terrible as everyone here is saying, but certainly not worth the ridiculous price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara! I seriously can not believe it has such a low rating with some reviewers. My lashes aren't particularly noticeable so a good mascara is a must. This product really lengthened and separated my lashes so well, they looked like falsies. This is only the first time I've used it, but it is a favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by taltman11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Ulta...and it went right back to Ulta. This was a disaster for me. After an hour, I looked like someone punched me in the face. I have short, straight Asian eyelashes that hit the under-eye area when I blink, so I normally stick with waterproof mascaras. I only tried this because it was on sale. When I returned it, the sales associate said they get tons of returns on this mascara and the Smashbox Bionic Mascara. I can see why. My cheap Cover Girl Lashblash Waterproof is way better than this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by poppydoll

This product is incredibly underwhelming. It's not completely useless, hence the two lippies, but for something over 20 bones it certainly isn't special. It holds a curl well enough, lengthens okay, but doesn't do much for volume. For my sparse lashes it was definitely lacking, but this might suit the lucky gals who already have full lashes. I would still use this if I had absolutely nothing else on hand, but if it were to go missing I probably wouldn't give a crap. I find CG lash blast fusion to perform much better than this and I don't even like that one too much.

Edit: this can't hold a curl at all. I was using this mascara paired with other ones cus I didn't want it to go to waste, but it turns out hyperlash really is useless on its own. Downgraded to one lippie!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product probably doesn't need one more negative review, but regardless here it goes. Two merits: The packaging (sleek, unique, and I just like the look and feel of it) and two (the formula is very fluid-maybe too fluid but can be nice because I hate the glooby/flaky/dry formula of many mascaras). With that being said, this mascara's performance is terrible. It's jet black which is nice, but it transfers onto the lashes so heavily- even with the lightest of applications it looks spidery, clumpy, and neither provides great volume or length.
Because the formula is so fluid, it instantly and easily transfers onto the eye area and is a pain in the -you know what- to get off when that happens. Oh and trust me it wears horribly as well. By the end of the day you have mascara marks that reach your cheeks. Which would be great if you were planning on becoming a night-crawling raccoon bandit but let's face it who really wants that?

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by FronkOreo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first put this on I was sure it was going to be a new favourite for me, I couldn't have been more wrong. Throughout the day it flaked horribly and it smudged terribly. On top of that it seemed like the more i used it the more it clumped. It looks terrible if you try to put multiple coats on. The wand did help separate the lashes, so I'll give it that. Unless you want flaky spider lashes, I wouldn't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I freaking love this stuff, I don't understand how I doesn't work for some people!

It makes my lashes look like falsies. I do have to do a little separating and declumping with my lash brush but I have to do that with most mascaras unless I take the time to remove some of the product from the wand before use.

LOVE.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by livyeason

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

it got the try it kit by smashbox and i tried the mascara out thinking "wow this stuff must be expensive... its probably really good." WRONG! it was horrible the mascara was clumpy and it felt like it never dried.