September 20, 2014 | 1012 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Strange Potion (Venomous Villains)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Strange Potion swatches on my arm as a milky pinked coral, but I'm not convinced this is an appropriate shade for a PPP like me. There's something just...off...about it, like it's pulling TOO orange/coral on my lips.

Despite this gripe, the lipglass itself is top-notch: very opaque and long-wearing.

If you're warm-toned and have the opportunity to buy Strange Potion, I say go ahead and get it. But if you're cooler...you'll probably want to swatch it on your lips (if you can) first...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

a pearly peach coral that isn't too vibrant.
lychee luxe and pink lemonade were both too much for me, same with prrr

i like this color a lot, and i think it brightened my pigmented lips and complexion up a lot! i'm surprised that i could still find this at some counters.

it looked good against my asian yellow nc25 skin tone, and medium brown hair. it just lightened my entire face up, love it!

i only took one star off for it being the typical sticky mac gloss! sorry mac!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by SareenaS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my all time favourite lipgloss! It is such a gorgeous corally peach colour that really compliments my skintone (NC40). It is quite pigmented and the texture is lovely. One swipe is all you need. It looks gorgeous on its own or over lipstick for a more vibrant look. You can still get it on ebay so if your debating about this one or want a back up...I recommend checking out ebay. Dont pass this one up!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by bambix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only thing I bought from this collection. The color is a very soft peachy pink, very pigmented and not very sticky as some MAC glosses can be. It looks very nice with my NC25 complexion for an everyday look. Although the color is lovely, it isn't very original. If you missed out, I'm sure you can easily find a dupe.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really beautiful peachy pink gloss with a pearly sheen to it. It suits all skin types, from my tan NC30 friend to my NW20 friend and anyone lighter. I think it may not show up on darker skin.

It's really pretty over nude lipsticks and even pink and coral colours, so it's super versatile. I have worn it over freckletone and lovelorn, super pretty. I alway wear over Lip Erase in Dim to give a really nude lip that looks amazing with dark smokey eyes. Doesn't wash me out either like so many nude glosses do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

This is a very pretty coral, bright in the tube but goes on much softer.I admit that I succumbed to the novelty of having the Wicked Queen on the packaging. It adds a peachy top coat to lipsticks and does look pretty by itself. But it's sticky. I don't own a lot of the Lipglasses for this reason. MAC's Cremesheen gloss is smoother and less sticky. I'm giving Strange Potion a high rating based on the color, the cool name, and the packaging, and yet I won't buy it again - partly because it's sticky, partly because it's limited edition anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I passed on this because it does not look impressive to me online or in person. Yes, it looks nice on the lips, but it's hardly original. And to be quite honest the silvery pearl in the tube was a turn off. I recently tested this at my MAC counter (they still had the tester lying around), the MAC SA said it looked awesome on my lips. And it did. Except that it looked like several other lipsticks and glosses I own and even less pretty than some of my favorites (i.e. Sock Hop). While I think it's a good one to have if you don't already have a color like this, it's doesn't seem too special to me. If you missed out on this, I wouldn't be heartbroken. The name is awesome, but the color is just so-so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gloss is a pinky coraly shade. It is very wearable, I wore it to church today and I didn't feel overdone at all. The shimmer is low, but pretty. I'm not huge on the stickiness of MAC glosses, but it definitely something I'd buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by bestjessicaever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is pretty! A cute, frosty coral that with some serious staying power. At first it's a little goopy wanting to isolate itself to the center of your lips but with some blending it eases up. Strange Potion compliments my brown eyes well, too which is a perk I appreciate. I'd definitely recommend this lipglass.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

Too bad it's limited edition. It's my first lipglass & I'm so glad I bought it. It's a light pink but looks coral in the tube. I wore it to work for the first time and it lasted me all day. No stickyness or residue. And I'm a huge disney fan, so double win!