July 31, 2014 | 1928 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Liquiline Blast in Brown Blaze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by amarock

So weird that there are wildly conflicting reviews for this product! For me, this is one of the best pencil liners I've ever used in terms of pigmentation and lasting power! I don't much care for the smudger tip because it's too rubbery (smears the liner around instead of smudging - I prefer sponge tips for that job) but it doesn't detract from the pencil liner itself. This liner is very easy to use, and has enough "open" time for me to smudge it if I want, and I often set it with a powder eye shadow on top. Once the liner sets, it stays on ALL day. I think this may slightly outlast my previous drugstore HG, Milani's Liquif'eye eyeliner, which beat out my PREVIOUS HG, Prestige's Total Intensity liner... it's like each makeup company is trying to out do one another with each subsequent product launch! This pencil is made in Germany and contains 950mg of product (Milani and Prestige are both also made in Germany, but contain 1.2g each). I guess if I was to say one con about this product is that I wished there was a taupe / grey colour option. I find this brown to be slightly too dark, as it almost appears as black on me, that's why I normally go over it with a taupe coloured powder eye shadow. Price-wise, it's about half the price of MUFE and UD's comparable liner products, at around $10 CAD (I got mine on sale for around $8 CAD) and performs just as well in my opinion. I definitely recommend this and will repurchase when I run out (unless another drugstore liner comes along and trumps this one!)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm very puzzled as to why this is getting good reviews.
I had a lot of hope for this eyeliner but it was the WORST liner I have ever used.
It applied like a half melted crayon. It went on way too thick and was impossible to get off. I had to scrub my eyes for about a half hour to get it off and even then, there was still some glued on my lash line. It didn't even apply evenly. At least if it's going to be so thick, it should try to be even.
The colors are great but they're better to look at than try to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Khara04

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this eyeliner! Applies very easily and lasts and lasts! Definitely will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Amber814

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great drug store eyeliner! It goes on smooth, and it's not expensive! This is one of my favorite eyeliners!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Goes on smooth and intense, more like a crayon than a liquid, but very close. The quality beats other pricey liners like Mac, Clarins, Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Dior and Clinique!! The only thing I don't like is the smudger end. For a start its too hard to use. It pulls at my skin more than softening the line so I wish it wasn't there. 2nd, when I take off the cap to use the liner, I normally pop it over the bottom (smudge end) for safe keeping. But this cap doesn't fit over the end. Its a different size and it falls off. I had to snap the smudger off and seal the end with glue to stop it drawing over everything. I dislike nearly every smudger end there they are cheating us on product and the smudgers are usually rubbish!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by aceciul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this eyeliner. First I thought it was like a Urban Decay 24 / 7 dupe, as it's creamy and highly pigmented. But it simply doesn't last at all, even when I set it with eyeshadow and used primer in bottom and upper lash lines.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This liner is great to line the top lashes, but by the end of the day it seems to wear off my bottom lashes. I've never been able to determine how long it stays on before it fades, so the past couple of days I decided to actually time it. I checked the liner every hour and I came to the conclusion that it stayed on 10 hours before fading. By 6 hours, it began to migrate a little, but was still going strong. I am impressed with the longevity, however, it's winter, and it seems that when I used it during the summer, it didn't last that long. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because just like everyone else has commented, the smudger is a waste, and it is pricey for the quantity you get. Overall, I do like the smoothness of the application and how long it stays on, so I will repurchase, and try other colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this bc it was the only creamy type pencil available at the store I was in. I normally refrain from buying CG at all. I happen to really like this pencil. Kinda reminds me of the Prestige pencils, but these are more readily available to me. It stays put and goes on really well. There's lots of pigment and it's smooth. I didn't have trouble with the lid. I haven't had to sharpen it yet, but if I have any issues when I do, then I will update. The only other thing is that I wish instead of the smudger thing, that they would just give us more liner. I don't ever use those things.
**EDIT** I have sharpened it a few times now, and haven't had any issues. I use the dual sharpener w a cover from walmart that costs around a buck fifty. I did try the smudger, and I actually like it! It works well and doesn't remove the liner like most do. Still happy with this purchase. Even if it is CG.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ver0nika20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a HG product for me. I don't usually like CoverGirl but I was looking for a new eyeliner pencil, even though I really prefer the look of a liquid. I LOVE this product. The pencil is almost gel-like, and will blend if you try right away, but once it sets it stays on all day.

This doesn't migrate on me, irritate my eyes, and it's half the price of Urban Decay. I'm sold.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Jilly66

Oh dear! Where do I start? I bought this product because I wanted an eyeliner with more intensity and hopefully more staying power than the CoverGirl Perfect Point eyeliner I usually use. I bought it in Brown Blaze and got it home very hopeful it would work as it did cost around $10.00, so expensive as far as eyeliners go from the drugstore. The first thing that happened was that the lid was tightly on the pencil and I had to really pull to remove it. Doing this, the nib of the pencil fell off which was very annoying! At this point I needed to sharpen it as there was only a flat end left. I'd mistakenly thought that this was a pencil that automatically comes out when you twist the top, like Perfect Point does, but I was wrong. I should have read the packaging in more detail at the store, but that was my error. I got out my usual pencil sharpener which works well with my other eye pencils, but I couldn't get a sharp end at all as it kept crumbling into the pencil sharpener. The plastic surrounding came away okay, but it was the actual pencil part that didn't. After several attempts at using the sharpener, I'd gone through more than half of the pencil trying to sharpen it which was really frustrating. I'd spent about $10.00 on something that just went to waste. During this I tried the bits of crumbled colour on my skin and saw that it would be more intense in colour than my normal brand, but if only I could get a sharp, pointed end so I could actually USE it on my anxiously waiting eyes!!

I found a customer service number on the packaging and called them to complain. The customer service assistant was very nice and listened to my problem and said that I should have used the CoverGirl brand sharpener instead. (I'm not sure if it would have helped, but I'll take her word for it and it never said on the packaging that their own brand sharpener would work exclusively on this pencil.) So she offered me a coupon to replace the eyeliner and another coupon to buy a CoverGirl sharpener and these arrived yesterday after a couple of weeks. So I will go out and purchase another pencil and the sharpener and see how it works, as I never really did see the product on my eyes! I will have to write to let you know have the replacements have worked and then once I get it onto my eyes, I'll be able to review the actual pencil!!