Cover Girl Liquiline Blast - Brown Blaze

3.9

on 9/21/2011 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Let me start by saying that I am no the one to buy drug store makeup , but there was something about this eyeliner that got my attention since I first saw it in Walmart. It took me almost 3 months to grow the B's to buy it. It is totally worth the money and the best things about it is the PRICE. It works, it stays on my eyes as long as the high fashion European brands, it delivers and is totally Chic. One of the best eyeliners of the year.

on 9/11/2011 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this eyeliner! This is seriously my favorite eyeliner ever. It beats Lancome and Estee Lauder out of the water! I just rediscovered this and I can't beleive I lived without it!

STAYING POWER. It glides on easily, and the color stays through the entire day!! Even though I have slightly oily skin, the line doesn't smudge or crease. Usually the eyeliner on my bottom eyelashes fades, or runs, but this stayed on all day.

WATERPROOF QUALITY. I even went swimming with this on, and when I looked in the mirror, the line was perfectly in place, only a little smudging on the lower lash line. Even though it's not labeled as waterproof, it totally is!

COLOR. The color is great. A little vibrant, especially with the other colors, but when you smudge it with the sponge (included) it's great! I thought the brown was closer to black, but I like this even better!

I'm surprised by the low rating it has, and the other negative reviews. Maybe they just got a "bad" one.

I would definately recommend this. Best eyeliner I've ever tried! It is totally an HG product!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product reminds me so much of Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Whiskey, but at a much cheaper price. The pencil is very creamy which allows you to smudge it out so it doesn't give you a harsh line. I don't use the smudging end of the pencil because I prefer using a small brush to that. You may need to put this in the freezer for a little while before sharpening. The product is very creamy and the tip could come off (personal experience). Overall I'm very happy with this product. It even stays on my lower waterline if I dry the waterline first using a Q-tip. I will repurchase.

on 8/17/2011 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

very creamy and because of that if you dont set with powder on the lower lashline, itll run - and i havent had that problem before, but really no big deal. works well as a base and lining the upper lashline, once it set up there it had great staying power (even w/o setting with powder, but i dont have oily lids).

on 8/12/2011 9:48:00 PM

So weird that there are wildly conflicting reviews for this product! For me, this is one of the best pencil liners I've ever used in terms of pigmentation and lasting power! I don't much care for the smudger tip because it's too rubbery (smears the liner around instead of smudging - I prefer sponge tips for that job) but it doesn't detract from the pencil liner itself. This liner is very easy to use, and has enough "open" time for me to smudge it if I want, and I often set it with a powder eye shadow on top. Once the liner sets, it stays on ALL day. I think this may slightly outlast my previous drugstore HG, Milani's Liquif'eye eyeliner, which beat out my PREVIOUS HG, Prestige's Total Intensity liner... it's like each makeup company is trying to out do one another with each subsequent product launch! This pencil is made in Germany and contains 950mg of product (Milani and Prestige are both also made in Germany, but contain 1.2g each). I guess if I was to say one con about this product is that I wished there was a taupe / grey colour option. I find this brown to be slightly too dark, as it almost appears as black on me, that's why I normally go over it with a taupe coloured powder eye shadow. Price-wise, it's about half the price of MUFE and UD's comparable liner products, at around $10 CAD (I got mine on sale for around $8 CAD) and performs just as well in my opinion. I definitely recommend this and will repurchase when I run out (unless another drugstore liner comes along and trumps this one!)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm very puzzled as to why this is getting good reviews.
I had a lot of hope for this eyeliner but it was the WORST liner I have ever used.
It applied like a half melted crayon. It went on way too thick and was impossible to get off. I had to scrub my eyes for about a half hour to get it off and even then, there was still some glued on my lash line. It didn't even apply evenly. At least if it's going to be so thick, it should try to be even.
The colors are great but they're better to look at than try to use.

on 6/25/2011 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Love this eyeliner! Applies very easily and lasts and lasts! Definitely will purchase again.

on 6/18/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great drug store eyeliner! It goes on smooth, and it's not expensive! This is one of my favorite eyeliners!

on 6/16/2011 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Love this rich intense matte brown. Similar quality to Urban Decay, goes on smooth and intense with the look of gel and lasts all day.

These Covergirl pencils are creamy smooth and intense and don't drag, skip or fade. Looks as intense as a gel liner, once it sets it stays put and doesn't move.

But the packaging NEEDS improving. The plastic is the hardest to sharpen pencil I have ever encountered...I have to use alot of force to get it going. The tip keeps breaking off inside the sharpener. So much wastage I didn't get to use it much. And this is a minor point but the smudger is greasy and slimy feeling, and smears the color around. No repurchase.

on 5/19/2011 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really don't like this eyeliner. First I thought it was like a Urban Decay 24 / 7 dupe, as it's creamy and highly pigmented. But it simply doesn't last at all, even when I set it with eyeshadow and used primer in bottom and upper lash lines.