August 29, 2014 | 964 users online

Mascara - Too Faced - LashGasm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Too Faced Lashgasm mascara has a "vitamin rich, creamy formula that penetrates for high color absorbency and exaggerated length. Multiple rows of flexible yet firm, molded bristles are designed with micro hooks hat grab each and every lashes for a gorgeous, clump free application. Too Faced claims that this mascara contains good stuff like meadow foam seed extract, panthenol, vitamins A&E, and jojoba seed oil. I got a tiny 3.9ml (.13oz tube) in Too Faced Beauty Editor Darlings value kit at Ulta for $19. The full size tube contains 12ml (.4oz) and retails for $21. Too Faced does not test on animals. This mascara was made in Canada. Too Faced products can be bought through the brand's website, Sephora, and Ulta.
I love Lashgasm's tube. The black tube is thin, with a gold tassel detail around the neck of the tube. The Too Faced logo is printed on the tube in pink cursive letters. The product name is written on the tube in gold and pink font. The tube also informs you that "It IS the size of your lashes that matter!". The tube is cute, like most Too Faced products. Twist off the cap and you'll reveal a pretty cool brush as well. The rubber bristles brush is about an inch long and has short bristles that get shorter near the tip. The brush is a little more flexible than most, and is very easy to get right at the base of the lashes. This brush is very easy to wiggle and sweep through the lashes. The brush holds very little product, combine that with the short, evenly spaced bristles, and that makes for excellent separation.
And separation is indeed what Lashgasm delivers, along with a fair amount of length. This mascara looks great with just one or two coats, carefully wiggled through curled lashes. More than two coats and Too Faced Lashgasm can get a little clumpy, but nothing that a lash comb can't fix. Lashgasm holds a curl decently, but starts to give way towards the end of the day. This mascara doesn't wear perfectly, after about 6-7 hours it flakes just a little. The good news is that there's no smears and smudges involved. Despite not having flawless wear, or being perfect at keeping my lashes curled, I love the way Too Faced Lashgasm makes my lashes look. I just wish it provided some volume, but often times you have to choose between volume and separation. I can always layer a volumizing mascara with Lashgasm for absolutely perfect lashes.
I'm really pleased with Too Faced Lashgasm mascara. I haven't loved a lot of the high end mascaras I've tried, but something about Lashgasm is different. I love most things about it; the tube, the brush, the length, the separation - all great! What I dislike most about this mascara is the price tag, I'd almost definitely repurchase it if it weren't so expensive. If you're looking to splurge on a mascara that lengthens and separates beautifully, Too Faced Lashgasm is a pretty good choice!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by lindseychristine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in November after using Too Faced products over the last year.

IT IS MY FAVORITE!!!

I donít have to use an eyelash curler. My eyelashes look long and spikey and I feel comfortable wearing it alone without eyeliner since purchasing it.

I want length and definition -- I am Asian so I have thick eyelashes because I have thick hair. But my single eyelid makes for stick straight lashes. This mascara curls, separates and lengthens.

I have the slightest bit of smudging, but I am constantly looking at a computer all day long and my eyes water like crazy.

I wear primer under my eye coverage and it does the trick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I will start off with what I like about this product, I like the brush. Sadly it pretty much ends there. This mascara does give good length, however it also glues lashes together at the same time. To use on its own reduces volume and makes lashes look like long, whispy tendrils. The packaging is the worst! Not the brush, the tube. The tube cracked on the bottom after the first use and the plastic was so cheap and thin product oozed out every time I used it. I went to the store to exchange it and the tester was the same way! And another tester which was featured in a kit! Obviously a huge flaw, I wouldn't want that rolling around in my purse. It gets a two instead of a one because I will dab it on the ends of my lashes to add a little length on top of a volumizing mascara, it looks nice that way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by danai

Bad is an understatement. That this mess made it to the market is unbelievable. Did they not test it beforehand at all?
Not much to say here, it does everything a mascara is not supposed to do. It clumps like crazy, flakes, glues lashes together with just one coat, takes forever to dry. You can literally see the product forming thick globs all over the wand as you extract it from the tube.
Also, it does nothing for lashes whatsoever.
Thankfully this was only part of a kit. Ladies, don't even think of purchasing this individually. Just no.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by rgkupo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this in a Too Faced set from Sephora and holy moly does it make my lashes big! The wand is a little flimsy, maybe this is better with the full size product, but overall this goes on really thick and nice and doesn't dry immediately so you can use a brush/comb to even the product out. You only need one coat! I apply by starting at the base and very slowly moving the brush up and out while wiggling it back and forth slightly and my lashes were twice their length with my reg mascara (full n soft). I also twist the wand as I pull it from the tube so there's not as much product on it. I've been using clump crusher lately because everyone's raved about it but this stuff blows clump crusher away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by beachsexybronze

I have tried many mascaras and this one actually brings out my lashes a lot, AND naturally. Maybe because the way the brush is made. It doesn't clump and I noticed it sort of gives a spiking effect (when I say "spiking" I mean like every other lash stands out a little more) but it looks sexy, girly, and very natural. It is waterproof (Or I received the waterproof kind). This is the only mascara I have used where I didn't need to curl my lashes! Love this! Wish I bought this years ago!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no patience for mascara that smudges and flakes under my eyes, and this one was worse than most. I don't want to look at myself in the mirror after a few hours and see black mascara rings under my eyes- bleh. It's nice and black and doesn't get too clumpy, but you can do better for both length and volume at the drugstore. Overpriced, nothing special, I regret buying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have long lashes that are hard to control. They grow in all weird directions. I also have issues with mascara flaking and smudging. I like a mascara that will give me volume and not smudge. I got this as part of the Bon Bon shadow set and I really like it. I like the comb brush to separate my hard to control lashes. Gives a dark black color and good length and volume after 2 coats. I also notice it doesn't flake or smudge much by the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ambyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Just purchased this mascara today after doing some Christmas shopping with my hubby. I actually ment to grab lash injection and my heart dropped when I opened the tube and saw the bristles on the wand. To my pleasent surprise it thickened and lengthened them pretty nicely. My eyelashes don't feel heavy with a couple coats of this which I like as well. I think I found a pretty good mascara.. Even on accident. Paid 21.00 at Sephora.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by testudogal

I absolutely LOVE this mascara!! I do not understand why it has so many bad reviews. Normally my mascara has all but disappeared from my eyelashes by the end of the day. With lashgasm, by eyelashes look just as great at the end of an 8 hour day as when I first put them on. They look so dramatic, long, and dark after one coat. I normally do not spend a lot of money on mascaras because they go bad so quickly, but I will definitely be repurchasing this as soon as it runs out.