Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This powder is truly wonderful! It provides light coverage as others have stated, so don't purchase if you are expecting a foundation, although it'd be perfect if you have good skin. I have oily skin and it controls it quite well. It also makes the skin as smooth as velvet, more so than any other powder I have used.

I didn't find the scent offensive at all as some other reviews have said, I thought it was a charming vintage scent, like sweet baby powder. It faded after 10 minutes on me. I have it in the shade "Naturelle" which is a true ivory shade akin to Nars Chantilly, so don't get that one unless you have true ivory colored skin. Highly recommended!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent Extra Coverage 070-41 for $6 or 7 from Kmart. This is a very fine powder that I both use as a foundation & to set my makeup on days I wear liquid/crème foundation. This powder essentially does provide coverage, but it's nothing extraordinary. I admit I didn't keep in mind that this is just a face powder; I was expecting literal coverage like a powder foundation—that's my fault. Naturally, the powder does cover more than most others, but it's not wow-worthy.

I mostly use this as a finishing powder, but as I mentioned, it can be worn alone if you have oily skin like I do & need to cut down on shine. Airspin doesn't particularly last long on my skin. To be fair, though, I do have seriously oily skin & the majority of powders don't stay on my face for an extended period of time. I have to reapply throughout the day & I don't like to do that because although the shade I got is translucent, it leaves a white cast on my face if I touch up too much or use a heavy hand applying. I simply use the puffy applicator provided.

My two complaints are the borderline bad smell & the fact that I can't take this out with me. It's messed up to say, but it DOES smell "like Grandma." The scent is very strong, but it does fade away. The packaging doesn't allow this powder to be carried around. The lid does not screw on/off or snap open/closed—it just lifts up & off the container. As I'm sure I don't have to tell say, you don't want to take the risk of it "exploding" inside your purse or cosmetic bag. Overall, this is a good everyday powder if you have oily skin.

on 6/5/2014 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well, I love this powder and it's "grandmother" scent! I use this in translucent. It's sets well with any foundation. Smooths out any imperfections and keeps any shine at bay. The affordable price is a plus! I wish the packaging was more convenient for on the go. Either way this will forever be a staple in my makeup collection :)

on 5/21/2014 12:18:00 AM

I love this powder! It sets any foundation perfectly! I have very fair skin and it is often hard to get a good match, so the light translucent powder looks perfect! Flawless, build-able coverage! I love the vintage, classic smell, even though it is admittedly a bit strong. It does fade however. The scent is very feminine and is part of what I love about the few vintage beauty products we still have today. A must for your vintage beauty routine!

on 5/18/2014 5:41:00 PM

a m a z i n g !

on 5/18/2014 4:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this product when all the beauty gurus were raving about it. Overall it's a great setting powder. Also a good formula. It covers well without the cakiness. I would definitely buy again. Just love love it. The only con I found was the the smell. It's a very strong perfume smell but once it's on and what not I don't smell it. And I've notice a few people complaining about the cotton puff applicator. I do no use it. I wouldn't even consider it a con because I just use my MAC powder brush.

on 5/17/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very good.....AND HARD 2 FIND!! I bought 2 at my local kmart. I took the sifter off so I could just load up the powder puff it came with & it really is about the best thing I've found for oily skin. It does use up the container faster that a way so next container I am leaving the sifter on for economy purposes!! The one I am using now is translucent extra coverage but my other container is beige something or other, I wanted to see the difference between the 2.

on 4/27/2014 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

BUYER BEWARE: causes MAJOR breakouts! OMG I am soooo upset that I bought this powder. My skin was 100% acne-free & the second I tried this, the next day I woke up to FIVE PIMPLES!!!! OMG I'm not even willing to try the fragrance free version because my sensitive skin clearly hates this product. I didn't realize how much fragrance it has, wow, you can still smell it hours later on your face. Fragrance-free products ONLY people! Fragrance breaks down our production of collagen in our skin. Wish I would've known ahead of time but I saw all the great reviews & wanted to try it. Lesson learned!

on 4/24/2014 1:54:00 PM

I got this for my birthday from my boyfriend. I asked for it mainly because of the size and the fact that it's a loose powder. I had no idea it would be awesome. This powder (coupled with my Skin79 and applied with my favorite powder brush from abbamart... Beau Make) covers flawlessly! It is very inexpensive. Mine was around five something. The smell does not bother me at all. Infact, for those of you who did not like the smell, it comes in unscented now. I highly recommend trying this amazing powder. I will be buying this again.

on 4/15/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm 16 and I always have a horrible time with finding the right powder that doesn't come off easily or breaks my skin out. But this is the only brand I can use that doesn't mess with my skin, only makes it look and feel smoother and doesn't make my acne worse. The other good thing about this powder is, I have ALWAYS had a hard time finding the right color powder because I am so pale, but so far this powder is the only powder that matches my skin perfectly and doesn't make me look orange like the others. It lasts almost all day too. I put it on around 5 in the morning before school and around 1 in the afternoon I have to do a little touch up around my nose. But other than a bit of touch ups, it lasts all day.
It's light weight, feels great, and it has a baby powder smell (very strong smell but still smells good). I have been using this powder for about 2-3 years now and I love it. I wouldn't ever use any other powder. I recommend this to my friends all the time and they love it too. Also, use your own powder brush, the one they put in it does not work well.