November 27, 2014 | 958 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2005 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Arenal

I love the Almost Lipsticks because of the light consistency and easy of application. The slim silhouette means that you can apply this without a mirror, which is great when you're on the run. I also like the soft and glossy [but not too glossy] colors].

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2005 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lnajaar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I'd tried this a long time ago. I'm not fond of matte full-coverage lipsticks because I think they are usually aging, dry, and harsh. But, I also don't like sticky too-shiney gloss. I usually turn traditional lipsticks into this sort of product by wearing lots of clear balm underneath to make it more transparent, soft and moist. Almost Lipstick accomplishes all this in one simple tube. I love that it's non-sticky, slightly shiney, non-glittery, and very soothing. The color "Almost Blush" is beautiful. It's a rosey YLBB color with enough vibrancy to light up your face and just enough brown to make it natural. I also tried the famous "Black Honey", but it was a bit too dark for my light complexion (brown hair and eyes) - and gave me a more severe look. But I imagine that for darker complexions or fuller lips, it would be beautiful. "Almost Blush" was my second, more successful experiment. I think this is going to be my Holy Grail since it does everything I'm looking for in the right color.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2005 7:34:00 PM More reviews by lux30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received BLACK HONEY in a swap - oh wow, can I just say, this is the best type of lip coverage if you're not into full on, creamy lipstick or teeny-bopper gloss!! The Black Honey is a nice darker berry stain, but not overpowering at all - it really makes your lips look healthy and naturally reddish-pinkish. I'm brunette, brown eyes and don't wear lipstick, per say - don't like my lips being smothered and caked and I like a more natural makeup look - so I'm going to continue to use this until they stop making it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2005 10:39:00 PM More reviews by torontolaw

I like the slim tubes and sheer, creamy colors. It's a great cross between lipstick and gloss, but i took off a lippie cuz i'm way more in love with MAC lipglass (but i'm biased, i guess, since i'm a MAC girl). Great product, however - i only wish they'd come out with even more colors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2005 3:12:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Sheer Blackberry, and it ended up being much less sheer than I expected. It looks too bright with my fair skin and medium brown hair. I considered trying this in another color, but I prefer the texture of Different Lipstick, which seems just as sheer as this but feels less waxy.

Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Polyethylene, Tocopheryl Acetate. May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Red 22 Lake, Titanium Dioxide, Red 21 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Orange 5, Red 36.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2005 5:21:00 PM More reviews by rupster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Clinque's Almost Lipstick in Almost Mocha is the product which launched me into the world of makeup when I was just a teen in the mid-nineties.

This is a nice, sheer color that I like to wear on weekends when I don't feel like breaking out the whole toolbox of beauty products, but would still like to have a bit of color.

The Almost Lipstick comes in a great variety of colors to suit just about any preference and is the perfect medium between lip gloss and lip stick. Check it out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2005 2:40:00 PM More reviews by pillowbear

Love love love this lipstick. The name is perfect: ALMOST lipstick. It's definitely way too sheer as a lipstick, but not that glossy as all as a l/g. I have tried this in Ruby Melt, Black Honey & Almost Blush. Love them all! I'm an AAB-MMM, Ruby Melt turns out to be a very sheer red color on my lips, Black Honey is a darker/deeper red color & Almost Blush is a real nice neutral lip color (MLBB). Doesn't last long at all but I don't mind. Haven't found lipstick that last long for me anyway. Too bad doesn't have SPF 15 in it (that's why 1 lippies out :oP). For next purchase, I'd like to try Sheer Blackberry & Almost Cocoa! Definitely will repurchase again & again & again .. (the price is $13.50 - which is quite fair for this marvelous item).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2004 12:39:00 AM More reviews by iMaxed5770

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this product in "Black Honey" and am very pleased with it. The colour is gorgeous, and the texture is perfect for me - not as goopy and sticky as a gloss, but not as thick and fussy as a lipstick. It's sheer, but you still see pigmentation. I find that it took me a while to finish my tube, and I'm definately going to purchase another one. It's one of the few lipcolors I actually finished! Wonderful stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2004 9:36:00 PM More reviews by chelley123

I LOVE this stuff!!!!!!!! It is so great because I do not want a heavy thick lipcolor. I have almost blush, bronze lilac, and black honey. Black Honey is my absolute favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2004 3:12:00 PM More reviews by iceny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love, love, love this item. I'm a very picky person when it comes to what I put on my lips. I generally love Clinique lipstick/gloss cause they dont leave a bad taste or smell like some cheap drugstore ones. Not that there's anything wrong with drugstores products, but their lipstick usually makes me feel like I'm swallowing all the chemicals everytime I wet my lips. This "almost lipstick" is pretty much what it's called. It looks like a lipstick, but not yet. It's between a gloss and lipstick. Great if dont wanna look too much but still have to have some color on your lips. It also leaves your lips moisturized. Will definitely purchase again.