November 23, 2014 | 999 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Blush - Pearlescent Pink 831E

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by BlondeCaptivation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for Pearlescent Pink, as well as Mellow Wine and Berry Shimmer, all of which have their own unique shades but are equally wonderful. Wet'n'Wild blushes have long been the "hidden treasures" of drugstore makeup.. not only are they cheap, they are of remarkably good quality and come in several universally flattering shades. The packaging is plastic-generic-whatever, but you get a generous amount of product for a ridiculously low price, so quit your yammering already. Pearlescent Pink is a light (not pale) peachy pink.. it has a nice shimmer to it, nothing garish. GREAT for fairer-skinned gals when used with a LIGHT hand… these can come on strong, so be gentle. Comparisons to NARS's "Orgasm" blush can be made, but it's been so long since I owned it, I'm not sure they're identical. In any case, you don't have anything to lose in buying this little beauty, or any of the WnW blushes, for that matter.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really like this blush shade. I bought this color and the mellow wine shade. this is a pretty warm pink color. Very flattering. Wouldnt say it is a dupe for Nars Orgasmn but similar. No shimmer or sparkle like the Nars blush but close shade. A warm peachy pink, almost coral color. I wear it on top of my Clinique Rosey cream blushstick. The colors match nicely. The wet 'n wild may be a bit more coral but both are a yellow based pink. On top of the cream I find this blush to last all day. I am very impressed with that. Most blush does not last but I find layering works best. This blush is quite pigmented so you should apply with a light hand and build. The price is great. I look forward to trying out the Wine shade as well. I swatched on my wrist and it was a pretty matte berry/wine shade. I wouldn't recommend to beginner because they are soo pigmented, it can be easy to put on too much. A good tip is to use a bare brush after to blend and fade out. I use the powder brush I use for translucent powders to fade out after I apply with blush blush. I, as others, just tossed the brush that came with it.
**took off lippie because it is harder to blend then more expensive blushes on my cheeks over foundation. Maybe it works better with powder foundation. I have difficult time getting it to apply evenly and smoothly. It seems patchy always and when I try to fix it's too intense. May not keep this now.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by nomayopls

Very pigmented! Light touch needed unless you want to look like a clown. Cheap, long-wearing but its chalky and has glitter in it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Paigems

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This blush looks nice on and is very affordable. Unfortunately, the ethylhexyl palmitate in this stuff causes major clogging for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by BMtz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this blush, the price is very inexpensive and you truly don't need a lot because it has amazing pigmentation! What I also love is that the color isn't a very bright pink color (which I'm not really a big fan) but more of a casual coral pink color. The blush that it came with was instantly thrown in the trash, it just had a very harsh cheap feeling, instead I use an E.L.F. blush brush which is very inexpensive and works great. The packaging also isn't that great but I honestly don't really care about that. Overall, this blush is very amazing especially for the price given!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sequoiarobin

Pros: High pigmentation Long lasting Drug Store brand Inexpensive Cons: Chalky Shimmery

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by matx1967

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was using the last remnants of Rimmel Santa Rosa (the old square pan), and needed a new one. For some reason, the drug stores and Targets in my area decided not to carry a very wide selection of Rimmel and the solid color blushes were one of the casualties of the editing. I ramped up my search in June '13 because I knew what little I had left would never survive the jostling of the summer vacation travel.

I decided to try the Color Icon Pearlescent Pink, since it was similar in color and for 3.00, I considered it expendable. Well, not anymore. I use it everyday and love it.

Pros:
highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way
not shimmery like the name Pearlescent would lead you to think
The packaging and blush have not cracked or broken yet, in spite of my expectations

Cons:
the brush it comes with & the flimsy packaging
it is easy to pick up too much powder and a bit of blending is necessary

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Beautyguru101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For $2.99? Hell yeah!
This is my go-to fall/autumn blush color. It has some shimmer but it's not overpowering. It's a very warm, almost golden peachy tangerine color. It's awesome if you don't like a pink blush. It blends easily and lasts a long time. I apply mine using a blush brush, but once you swirl it around in the product, be sure to tap off the excess before applying or you'll have a lot of shimmery blush all ova yo face! Haha
Wet and wild have increased my love for blushes!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by xpartypanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this blush because like a lot of people on here, watch a lot of youtube videos and may be influenced to buy some of the stuff they see. I'm very fond of peachy-pink blushes so I figured I'd give this a try.
I bought it at walgreens, and a couple days later tried it out and when you first open it, you'll see that there's a giant pan of product to work with and if you wear it a lot like I do, this will last you a great while. Now the brush that comes with it, a little rough and seems to make the powder go everywhere. More or less it knocks loose more powder than you may need. But normally I just use an elf $1 blush brush or something that is a little softer as far as bristles go.
I do have to say that I do like this product, and this shade is really pretty- but be aware of the amount of product you pick up on your brush because this stuff is extremely pigmented. But other than that, awesome product and I would definitely buy the other shades as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I bought this when the store had a 50% off sale recently and have used it twice. Each time I got asked "where did you get that and what color is it?!?!" It's got a lot of pigment so be careful and lightly dust it on. This is definitely a keeper! The color is superb and the sparkle isn't overpowering. LOVE!

As a side note...throw the brush away and use your own powder/blush brush. The brush that comes with it left me streaky and no matter what I did, it added too much color to my face. Maybe you could use it to clean out your keyboard or something :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No