CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

works well with my super sensitive acne prone skin

on 6/16/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I found the Holy Grail of drugstore cleansers!!! I've already re-purchased this at least 3 times since I discovered it a year ago. I have never re-purchased a cleanser product because I never found one that really did anything more for my skin other than wash away makeup so I was constantly searching for "The One". I was battling acne for over 20 years when I saw that this made Total Beauty's Top 14 list of best cleansers. One review said that it was gentle, pH balanced, non-drying, contains hyaluronic acid and ceramides so I was intrigued. The morning after I first cleansed with it, I instantly saw improvement in my skin and by the third day, my acne was already clearing up. Within a week, my skin went through a complete transformation and I have been able to keep acne away ever since. My skin never feels dry if I skip moisturizer and my pores, acne scars and marks feel like they are less visible because of the plumping effects of the hyaluronic acid. I produce much less oil than before because of the pH balance. The most surprising about this cleanser is how effective it really cleans. Usually in order to get the deepest clean, I would have to buy harsh cleansers that stripped the skin but this is so gentle yet it really takes out every trace of dirt from the pores. I cannot give this product enough praise. In order to get the best results from this, I would highly recommend using a makeup remover first to loosen everything and then cleanse with a facial cleansing brush to lift debris out of the pore with the bristles.

on 6/15/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

HG STATUS CLEANSER! This cleanser + my olay face brush + 50 mg of spirolactone has completely cleared my skin. No active acne besides some blackheads on the chin/ nose area. This used in combination with the olay brush makes my skin silky and refreshed at night, and when I wake up in the morning. I always find SOMETHING that I don't like about a product. Surprisingly, no complaints here. I have gone through horrific initial breakouts with skincare products, so it was nice to find something that worked from the beginning!

on 6/8/2015 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My HG cleanser for the past 3 years. This stuff has been with me through the best and worst of my acne troubles, never irritating or breaking me out. This is a simple cleanser that gets the job done, especially for those with oily/combination skin. Though it removes some makeup, I recommend using a makeup remover beforehand to make sure nothing gets left behind on your skin that could cause breakouts. The CeraVe line is perfect for anyone undergoing acne treatments. Now that I'm 100% clear thanks to Spironolactone, I'm sticking with this product.

on 6/7/2015 9:26:00 AM

I have used an untold number of cleansers in my life and this is the best I have ever purchased. I have sensitive, normal/oily skin and when trying new products almost always have an small adjustment period where I get small pimples or a rash. Not so with this cleanser. It cleans gently, but thoroughly and leaves my skin feeling refreshed. I have used it exclusively for 3 years and will continue to do so. Highly recommended!

on 6/7/2015 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried so many different cleansers in my life, and I have spent so much money in order to find a good one for my combination, still sensitive skin. It's been very difficult to find a cleanser that washes all the impurities off, without being harsh.
Cerave foaming cleanser is the answer to all the problems above. It's really unique. It's just perfect. You can use in the winter and it works well in the warmer months too.
Unfortunately it's not available worldwide, so I have to buy it on ebay, and the shipping taxes are so expensive, but one bottle is so big and the price of it is so affordable, so that I can turn a blind eye on it ;)

I originally cured my cystic acne with the whole cerave line and apple cider vinegar as a toner. I experimented with oil cleansing (grapeseed oil only) & loved it, but it doesn't control my rosacea as well as cerave. Conflicted about chemicals, I have decided to use the face wash only because my face does look less red. I moisturize with grapeseed oil or aloe vera. I like how this face wash removes my makeup & also gently exfoliates. Yes, I wish I had success with natural alternatives but I need to stick with what works for my skin: this is it!!

on 6/6/2015 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've tried the Cerave cream, lotion, and pm moisturizer. They all made me break out in cystic acne and made my skin feel like it was burning. I don't know why I thought this face wash would be different.

I had a lot of high hopes. I was looking for a face wash with a ph closest to 5.0 and this one had a good ph with great ingredients. It made my skin red and I could feel that familiar burning sensation that I felt with the other Cerave products. I also broke out on my chin which usually only happened with Cerave products. I really wished this would've worked out for me but there's something in the Cerave line that doesn't react well with my sensitive skin.

Price was $13 at Rite Aid which was really expensive to me. I did love the packaging though. Had a convenient open/close pump. I wouldn't recommend this for those that are acne-prone with sensitive skin.

on 6/2/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This seemed like a good product for me at first but then it started giving me bumps all over my face. I don't know why it makes my skin bumpy but I don't appreciate it so I'm giving it two stars. It does remove makeup very well though and it doesn't seem very drying.

on 5/30/2015 9:00:00 PM

I really like this cleanser for my sensitive/rosacea prone skin. It takes makeup off beautifully without drying or causing any reaction. I've strayed from it to try other things and always come back. I use it in the PM bc it takes off makeup well without drying. I use the Hydrating Cleanser in the morning since I don't have makeup to remove in AM. Highly recommend. I'll never stray again!

I would have given 5 stars if I didn't feel it had to have some sort of detergent in it for it to foam but it is only a slight amount I think.