CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

HG facial cleanser.

Benefits:
Does not cause breakouts
Does not cause irritation
Does not cause dehydration/ dryness
No scent whatsoever ( not even that "fragrance free" scent - I'm sure you're all aware of that scent.)
Basic cleanser

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So I only gave this three lippies because it doesn't do anything special for my skin, for the price its still quite worth it though. I have oily to combination skin (dry reddened cheeks in the winter), and my skin is hyper sensitive, and I have mild to moderate rosacea depending again on the season as I live in Canada where it goes from 30 degrees celsius to -30 degrees celsius, which means you usually need your summer and winter skincare products. This cleanser I started in the summer and thought it was great, it didn't irritate me in any way but it didn't diminish any existing redness or add any extra glow to my face. Now that winter is coming I find it just a bit too drying. Again though hard to argue with the price of this product!

I use this product on and off. I am currently using it with my Clarisonic. It is only drying on the days I use the Clarisonic, otherwise fine for my combination/oily skin. It has no scent and while it does foam, it isn't overly foaming and works well with the Clarisonic.

I've been using this cleanser for well over a year and it is amazing. Definitely an HG skincare product for me.

About me: I'm 31, caucasian and live in a dry climate. I have dry-leaning combination skin.

Before I started using this I had acne. Not severe acne but pretty consistent. I never had clear skin. I bought this on a recommendation from MUA and I'm really glad I did.

It's just an awesome, no-nonsense foaming facial cleanser. It's gentle enough that it doesn't dry out my skin but it removes excess oil, dirt and makeup. I have sensitive skin and a lot of skincare products break me out but I have never had an issue with this cleanser.

If I'm wearing makeup, I generally use a Burt's Bees Makeup Remover Wipe first, then I wash with the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, pat dry with a towel and moisturize with CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizer.

This simple routine has made a world of difference in my skin. I get occasional zits here and there but for the most part I have clear skin, and I really think this cleanser is the reason why.

The price is awesome too! I have tried some mid-higher end skincare such as Clinique and this works much better for me. I have probably purchased the CeraVe cleanser 5 times and will continue buying it when I run out.

Another awesome recommendation from MUA! Where would I be without you guys?

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I rarely write reviews but felt compelled since there is some ingredient in the formula of this product that gives me a crazy allergic reaction. Whenever I use this cleanser, the skin around my eyes becomes itchy, red, and inflamed. The reaction is almost immediate. I wonder if eczema sufferers who bought this cleanser and see little improvement, or even a worsening in their condition may be similarly be affected by this cleanser.

I now use the OCM and my eczema has disappeared and my skin in general is considerably better. Gentle and simple is the golden rule to restoring the skin barrier.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If you are struggling with breakouts please try this! I have been dealing with nasty breakouts recently due to stress, weather change and menstrual cycle and I could not seem to get my skin under control. I did some research on MUA (I never buy anything thing without reading MUA reviews) and came across this and decided to give it a shot. I used to use Spectro Jel but I'm not sure if they changed their formula or what but it does not seem to have the same effect for me anymore. Anyway, within 2 days of using this my skin calmed right down and is brighter, softer and the breakouts have disappeared. This doesn't really foam in my opinion, but rather lathers into a milky texture that lifts makeup nicely and really deep cleans. It's so gentle and hydrating that I can go without a moisturizer If I want to at night. I can't stress enough if you have fickle skin, please use gentle products!

This cleanser has honestly been a skin-saver. I've tried hundreds of makeup removers/cleansers on my face, and this so far is one of the only cleansers that removes makeup, oil, and dirt all in one while keeping my skin hydrated, smooth, clean, not stripped or tight, and makeup-free.
I like that this cleanser can do many things and is fragrance free and lacks sulfates.

FYI: Stay away from sulfates!! They help cleanse the skin and hair , but they are the reason the hair and skin feel tight and dry!

This is perfect for combination skin like mine, oily skin and sensitive skin.

I'm so glad someone told me about this cleanser, it's great!

Best cleanser I have ever used!
This cleanser is rated as good at beautypedia hence I bought the cleanser and I have no regrets at all.
This product really cleans out all the dirt and oil on my face. My face looks instantly brighter after using it. Even my aunt loves it! It has wonderful ingredients that can benefit our skin, no harsh ingredients such as perfume etc!!! It does not dry out my face. Also I love touching my face after washing it with this because my skin feels so smooth hehe. Everyone with oily skin/acne prone skin should definitely try this!!

I've been using this I was diagnosed with rosacea several years ago, in my late thirties. It works well for me, removing makeup cleanly, without residue or drying my skin. It doesn't break out my skin, or cause any irritation. As I wear a physical sunscreen because of the rosacea, I am a double cleanser, starting with a small amount of oil on damp skin. This foaming cleanser removes the excess oil nicely, and doesn't strip my skin. Highly recommended unless you are sensitive to an ingredient it contains.

I have dealt with acne for the past 8 years, give or take. I FINALLY have it under control at the age of 25. Cerave Foaming Cleanser plays a big role in clearing my skin.
I'll tell you why.
I have used countless cleansers in my quest for clear skin. Most of them contained harsh ingredients. I thought I could blast my zits away. Little did I know, I was only exaggerating the problem by irritating my skin.
Finally, about 3 years ago, I decided to simply be as gentle with my skin as possible. Nothing else had worked; why not give up my aggressive skin care routine for a while. I debated between Cerave and Cetaphil for a while as they were both well-known for being the most gentle facial cleansers on the market.
I decided on Cerave because people were saying it removed makeup much better than Cetaphil. I'm lazy, I don't want to wash my face 3 times just to get clean.
Initially I bought the Hydrating Cleanser. Oh. My Gosh. Nearly overnight, it reduced redness, hydrated my skin, and just made my face appear so much more calm. My acne started to subside, though I would still breakout, but, as stated, my complexion was much more even toned than before. I still had acne, but my face was not irritated. It made a huge difference.
However, one night, when I decided to try a gentle toner after cleansing, I discovered that my Cerave Hydrating Cleanser was NOT removing all my makeup. Thus, I switched to the Foaming Cleanser. Voila! ALL of my makeup is removed with one wash. I can even gently wash my eyes and lashes with this and, if it happens to get in my eye, it is gentle enough that it does not sting at all!
I have never strayed from Cerave since. It is the best cleanser I have ever used. I don't see myself ever switching.

Packaging: Nothing overly attractive about the packaging, but it is sturdy and convenient. It comes with a pump that may be locked. I have dropped it several times and it has never broke.

Price: Around $15; which is a bit pricey for a drugstore brand. However, it doesn't break the bank. It's a great product so I am happy to purchase it over and over.