Burt's Bees Apricot baby oil [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Apricot kernel oil, grapeseed oil, wheat germ oil, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), rosemary extract, beta-carotene, fragrance.98.00% Natural

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Ah! I can`t believe I haven`t reviewed this yet! This is probably the product I have repurchased most often and I don`t have a baby :-). I ADORE the scent of this and I am always on the search for a fragrance that smells like it (since burts bees baby solid perfume is discontinued). Closest so far is Fleur d`Osmanthus by Keiko Mecheri.
Anyway I massage this oil all over my body when I`m still dripping wet after a shower or a bath and after I exfoliated with a loofa and a nice bar of soap.
It makes my skin baby soft and the scent lingers on for hours. It smells of apricot, honey and I smell osmanthus in this and maybe a little vanilla but it is not too sweet.
It`s just perfect! Very comforting and the price is not too bad.
I probably will repurchase for the rest of my life. :-)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this oil added to my bath! Once a week I treat myself to an Epsom salt bath and use this apricot baby oil along with it or the vitamin E oil (also burt's bees). My skin just looks amazing; it glows and stays soft days after. I just add about 2 tablespoons to my bath and my skin soaks it up, i get out of the bath and just pat myself dry throw my robe on and allow the oil to absorb for about a half hour. Works wonders and i'm left with soft glowing skin!!

While I love the smell of this oil, when all is said and done it's just another baby oil. The packaging could not be worse if they tried - it's in a glass bottle with no flow control on the top; essentially a mess waiting to happen. Not to mention the price, I paid $7.99 at Target, for baby oil I consider that pricey. Smells good - check, moisturinzing - check, repurchase - no way.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this good smelling oil for myself! Have not used it on my baby girl.

I love this product. It smells so good and it's nice and moisturizing and absorbs well. I just want to sniff my kids after I use this on them. I put it in a pump bottle because I didn't like pouring it out of the bottle, but that's my only complaint.

I have combination skin which gets very oily in the summer and very dry in the winter. This product did a great job of keeping my skin moisturized all winter. No oil ever absorbs well into my skin by itself, so after showering at night I mixed a small amount of apricot oil with my usual face moisturizer in my hand and applied it. Then I did the same with my body lotion and a larger amount of apricot oil. It did not feel greasy at all or cause any breakouts. I put a little extra on my face after electrolysis (why did I have to inherit Dad's fuzziness?!) and it made the redness disappear faster. I might not be using it in the summer when my skin gets much oilier, but I will definitely buy another bottle next fall.
It also works well as a leave-in conditioner. I just put a little bit on the ends of my hair while it is still wet.
A great product, and it also smells wonderful.

EDIT: I found out it does absorb well by itself if my skin is very wet. And it is not too moisturizing for use in the summer. I have been using another cheaper brand, but I still love Burt's Bees.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love using oil on my skin after showers. I have eczema prone dry skin. I have found that this oil not only smells heavenly but has a great texture too..not too heavy and also not too light. Meaning it doesn't absorb too quickly like some other oils (ie baby oil). I love that it is natural also. I don't know if this is beneficial for my eczema but I do find that is moisturizes pretty well, and I can forego perfume if I'm wearing this.

I love the Baby Bee Apricot Baby Oil. I think I got it in a Burt's Bee's baby assortment thing for on sale at Target. I used the oil in my hair. I heated it up and put it on my damp hair. I left it in for around thirty minutes. The result is beautiful glistening hair for the next couple days. I am always looking for ways to make my hair look shiny. This stuff really works! It smells amazing, like apricots. I wish the packaging was a bit better, because it is easy to spill. But this works so well!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

my HGs! mix review for two products.
i mix equal parts of this oil and castor oil together (1tsp/ea), apply evenly to scalp only w/ a synthetic concealer brush, put in bun and place a showercap on for at least 6+ hrs (laundry/chores day) and shampoo twice out after. It has helped my hair become so shiny and there's baby hair all over the place since it's helping my hair grow!!!!! I do this no more than twice a week since the castor oil can be drying.

Bottle is annoying but I'll deal with it. The smell is nice and sweet. It is a bit pricy but totally worth it! Will buy again and stock up!

This body oil is ultra moisturizing, has no chemicals, and smells divine (mix of apricot & honey). I love putting it on my skin after a shower, it just sinks in and I can't get enough of the smell! Will definitely repurchase.

Popular Bath Treatments