November 28, 2014 | 1893 users online

Bath Treatments - Burt's Bees - Apricot baby oil [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this oil added to my bath! Once a week I treat myself to an Epsom salt bath and use this apricot baby oil along with it or the vitamin E oil (also burt's bees). My skin just looks amazing; it glows and stays soft days after. I just add about 2 tablespoons to my bath and my skin soaks it up, i get out of the bath and just pat myself dry throw my robe on and allow the oil to absorb for about a half hour. Works wonders and i'm left with soft glowing skin!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While I love the smell of this oil, when all is said and done it's just another baby oil. The packaging could not be worse if they tried - it's in a glass bottle with no flow control on the top; essentially a mess waiting to happen. Not to mention the price, I paid $7.99 at Target, for baby oil I consider that pricey. Smells good - check, moisturinzing - check, repurchase - no way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this good smelling oil for myself! Have not used it on my baby girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ILoveBreastfeedingnPublic

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. It smells so good and it's nice and moisturizing and absorbs well. I just want to sniff my kids after I use this on them. I put it in a pump bottle because I didn't like pouring it out of the bottle, but that's my only complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by celesta_marelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin which gets very oily in the summer and very dry in the winter. This product did a great job of keeping my skin moisturized all winter. No oil ever absorbs well into my skin by itself, so after showering at night I mixed a small amount of apricot oil with my usual face moisturizer in my hand and applied it. Then I did the same with my body lotion and a larger amount of apricot oil. It did not feel greasy at all or cause any breakouts. I put a little extra on my face after electrolysis (why did I have to inherit Dad's fuzziness?!) and it made the redness disappear faster. I might not be using it in the summer when my skin gets much oilier, but I will definitely buy another bottle next fall.
It also works well as a leave-in conditioner. I just put a little bit on the ends of my hair while it is still wet.
A great product, and it also smells wonderful.

EDIT: I found out it does absorb well by itself if my skin is very wet. And it is not too moisturizing for use in the summer. I have been using another cheaper brand, but I still love Burt's Bees.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love using oil on my skin after showers. I have eczema prone dry skin. I have found that this oil not only smells heavenly but has a great texture too..not too heavy and also not too light. Meaning it doesn't absorb too quickly like some other oils (ie baby oil). I love that it is natural also. I don't know if this is beneficial for my eczema but I do find that is moisturizes pretty well, and I can forego perfume if I'm wearing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by kimmypw1993

I love the Baby Bee Apricot Baby Oil. I think I got it in a Burt's Bee's baby assortment thing for on sale at Target. I used the oil in my hair. I heated it up and put it on my damp hair. I left it in for around thirty minutes. The result is beautiful glistening hair for the next couple days. I am always looking for ways to make my hair look shiny. This stuff really works! It smells amazing, like apricots. I wish the packaging was a bit better, because it is easy to spill. But this works so well!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by xizilia7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

my HGs! mix review for two products.
i mix equal parts of this oil and castor oil together (1tsp/ea), apply evenly to scalp only w/ a synthetic concealer brush, put in bun and place a showercap on for at least 6+ hrs (laundry/chores day) and shampoo twice out after. It has helped my hair become so shiny and there's baby hair all over the place since it's helping my hair grow!!!!! I do this no more than twice a week since the castor oil can be drying.

Bottle is annoying but I'll deal with it. The smell is nice and sweet. It is a bit pricy but totally worth it! Will buy again and stock up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by queenV

This body oil is ultra moisturizing, has no chemicals, and smells divine (mix of apricot & honey). I love putting it on my skin after a shower, it just sinks in and I can't get enough of the smell! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by asaltzer

I love love love this stuff. Tried it first on my baby, and loved the lotion - so bought the oil and mixed with Cetaphil fragrance free lotion - VOILA - same scent that goes a lot further (so big money savings). I mix with cetaphil and use it as my face lotion as well.

Love love love the fragrance and very very moisturizing.