August 22, 2014 | 1968 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Belle d'Opium

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this; I've never cared for the original Opium, and this is like a breath of fresh air for me. Sultry but not overpowering. Mysterious and sexy but not cloying. The only drawback for me is it lacks the staying power I expect from top name perfumes. I would likely buy again, if not ask for it as a gift sometime.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by perfumegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have loved Opium since it came out and have all the Opiums, the summer ones are nice and a little lighter, I got this one because it was in the Opium family, pretty bottle others list the notes, it is nice I wear it but since I have all the other Opiums and the edt and edp, this is different and one bottle is enough, half finished already, just does not really smell like Opium, which is strange, worth a try not the real original Opium,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I want to say that I will judge this perfume on its own merit and not in comparison to the original Opium.
It is not a bad perfume. Incense and pepper is what I mostly get with regard to the individual notes. I can describe it as dark and mysterious. Average staying power. Nothing groundbreaking and I wouldn't buy a full bottle, but if someone gave me this as a present I would gladly wear it as a night perfume.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 7:31:00 AM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful bottle but what a boring smell. I've tested it a few times, trying to force myself to like it but alas I cannot. It doesn't seem to have any top notes, it's all base - somewhat warm and spicy. It is not unpleasant - it's just not interesting, especially for the price. I would write a better description but in all honesty I can't remember it. Disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by perfumenut

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful bottle, ad campaign, heritage...boring, blah mish mash of a scent on my skin. This is one of those fragrances that was orchestrated to smell wonderful on paper...so much so that I bought it based on that (I had other fragrances on so I did not sample on my actual skin in the store - why can't I ever learn). Later, when I had a chance to properly spray the sample I had (luckily before opening the retail package) - I knew it was going back immediately. No discernable notes...warm and spicy yes, but just a mess of poorly blended perfume sillage on me. If you are lucky and it smells on you like it does on paper, then I would give it a thumbs up...unfortunately as soon as it hit the warmth of my skin, it disintegrated into an uninteresting, pedestrian hodge podge.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by allegro_barbaro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't say I like this at all. It seems to have an identity crisis as though there are too many notes fighting for dominance and none win, or like when you mix too many colours and end up with a horrible greyish brown. It is nothing in comparison to it's ravishing oriental red sister.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Chibilein

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this as a sample from Karstadt. The smell is so obnoxious. There are heavy perfumes, which you might dislike personally, but are still somewhat wearable speaking in general (e.g. "Obsession" by Calvin Kline). This one is not wearable at all.
It's cheap and importunate.
I wish, I could write a more differentiated review, but I really don't know, what else to say. I can not even distinguish different notes, it's just one heavy stench.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Belle d'Opium did not really disappoint me, but that's only because the ad campaign provided all the clues I needed to figure out what the scent would be all about. The most I was hoping for was to be pleasantly surprised, and that feeble glimmer of hope was utterly extinguished on first whiff. It is predictably sweet, but surprisingly cheap smelling as well. There was a very off-putting note, like bad fruit, at the very heart of this scent, a twang that didn't quite work. I know plenty of ppl will still like its fruity sweetness, but I'll save my money for the real stuff. No sale, Belle d'Opium to me is an epic fail.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

I love the smell of this...on me it smells like incense. It's smoky, spicy, woodsy,dark and sensual. The staying power is amazing, but it gives me a headache. I sadly had to return it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by divamel

I think this perfume smells beautiful. There's a note that reminds me of something... I'm not sure what it is, I can't place it. But it hits me on a personal level which is why I think I love it so much. It's been six hours since I sprayed it and I can still smell it. Dare I say it, I might even like this more then Opium... Plus the bottle is beautiful.