MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 4/8/2015 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foundation might be my new HG foundation.
I have combo skin and by day's end my foundation is splotchy and has moved, my blush is completely gone and I look like a Picasso painting. I have tried many long wearing foundations and this by far is my favorite. I first tried it for a night out only. I have a good reason. I was going to a bonfire and thought for sure my foundation would not last. This product proved me wrong, not once but TWICE that night. It stayed in place, even by the fire, all night long. I got home and fell asleep in my make up, by mistake. In the morning I woke to a full face of makeup. I was pretty surprised that this does last like it says.
The next time I tried it was when I went to work. Granted I work in an office and rarely go outside. My make up remained flawless all day. I got so many compliments and the only difference was my foundation. It stayed in place through eating, drinking and even some sneezing. I usually lose some foundation during these moments. It remained on my face until I cleaned it for bed.
I will admit that there is a problem with this foundation getting too tacky too fast after application and it becoming hard to work with, but I do believe that this is something I can work with.
This foundation is semi matte, allowing your natural skin to shine through in all the right places. This is definitely my new go to foundation and I will be re-purchasing this product!

on 4/3/2015 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was my favorite foundation I ever used! I have combination skin, so it was neither drying nor did it make my face oily! I am also prone to breakouts and I noticed my skin improved when I started using this product! It also is very long lasting I would wear it for 12 hours straight and it still looked great by the end of day! However im very pale and after a while of having this product it began to oxidize and turn orange. So if you are very pale like me, I would not suggest this product.

on 3/31/2015 7:04:00 AM

This must be one of the few foundations that I really have repurchased in my lifetime! Stays quite well on my face and even better with a quality powder, such as e.l.f HD loose powder (Translucent).

Glass bottle with pump system is far better than plastic tubes, although breakable.

PLUS, I seem to finally have found a perfectly matching shade for my skin (NW25).

on 3/26/2015 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Soooooo, I think I used this foundation enough to feel comfortable writing a review for it.

To start, it does live up to the name, Prolongwear, as I do not have a problem with it breaking down throughout the work day. I get in my car, and my face makeup looks pretty much like it did when I first applied it! Awesome. It is a very pigmented foundation, and it will stain pretty much everything it comes in contact with (especially white) so be careful when applying. Because of it's pigmentation, it does give a decent coverage (especially redness) with one application. I do like a full coverage face, so most of the time, I will go over any additional spots with a small amount of this foundation, almost using it as a concealer.

It is very thin, which surprised me, because I thought for sure being a long wearing foundation it would be a bit thicker, but on the flip side of that it does dry incredibly fast. SOOOO, work quickly, or you won't be able to blend it out properly. Smell is no different than most foundations, so you should be able to use, if you are not sensitive to most.

Overall, I liked this foundation. Which it had a bit more coverage with one application, because it is a pain sometimes to blend this, so the more you have to use, the harder it is to blend. For a high end foundation, this is on the lower end of the price scale, and it's not going to break the bank to purchase (like the Hourglass, Armani, etc). Packaging is cute and a sanitary pump, which is always a plus.

on 3/18/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the ONLY foundation that does not transfer onto my surgical masks. For that and that alone, it gets 5 lippes. :)

i love this foundation, i dont use it for everyday use tho as it more of a full coverage foundation. but it is perfect for nights out !

on 2/28/2015 9:34:00 AM

I am quite satisfied with this foundation, it is prefect if you require full coverage, however, can make you look a little cakey. Therefore, I would watch out on how much you apply to your face. I personally use it in winters, because my skin turns pink or red when I get cold, so I am dependent on good coverage and a foundation that lasts all day. I also really like the pump, as it is easy to clean and dosage is really good. I have used this foundation for 6-7 months now and I have only emptied 1/3 of the bottle, so it does make it worth the money as you don't need to repurchase it often.

on 2/22/2015 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I was attracted to this foundation because it claims to stay all day with a matte finish. I love MAC's studio sculpt foundation and I wanted to try something that lasted longer with a nice matte finish, versus the more dewy finish of the studio sculpt foundation. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and I really like it! However, I did have some issues. I have combination skin with an extremely oily nose and dry cheeks. I also have very small, subtle freckles with some redness. My skin is clear, with only getting pimples maybe once a month or so. Although, My skin does break out and become irritated by heavy creams or oils. This foundation has a very beautiful satin/matte finish that makes my skin look flawless. For me, it was a medium coverage and after the first layer you could still see my tiny freckles showing through. This wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that trying to build this up is a pain. It dries so quickly and can be difficult to work with. I'm more than certain that someone can build this up and make it work but with me, it just wasn't working. In my experience, when I tried to add another layer, it would start caking up everywhere along my cheeks, forehead and even my nose. I would have to take it off and start over. I found that the easiest way to apply this is to only put one layer and then apply concealer to any dark spots or in my case, freckles showing through. This stayed on all day just as promised with a really pretty matte finish. I've gotten so many compliments on my skin since I've been using it. It even stayed put on my super oily nose, which I swear melts off any foundation within a few hours of applying. I did get slightly oily, but the foundation itself didn't budge. Other pros include the convenient pump and I think that this was a very good color match for me (NC20). The price could be better, but I guess it's worth it because it's the only foundation that I have tried that truly lasted all day for me. So overall, I really like this foundation. I wish it was easier to build up, but other than that I'm very impressed.

on 2/18/2015 5:55:00 PM

Good coverage, nice finish however breaks me out like nothing els. I noticed it almost immediately, after first day of usage. Applied more the next day for more coverage although that only made it worse. I repeated that mistake the following days until I stopped and my face cleared up. Seems mac foundation just sucks for some.

on 2/18/2015 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first I really loved this foundation, it is definitely long wearing and it would probably last all day and night however I find that it is unbelievably hard to blend in and is very cakey and sometimes yellowy on my skin, I have quite oily skin so it did stay on but it would be patchy quite often as it dries up on your face as soon as you apply it so is very hard to spread over my face, it is quite good coverage.

Video Reviews & Tutorials