MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Definitely my go to foundation. Color matches my skin perfectly (NC50). the coverage is great and doesn't look at all cakey. It really provides smooth and polished look. love it so much.

on 4/19/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Everything about this foundation realistically ticks all the boxes. It's a relatively reasonable price for a high end foundation ($54AUD), it matches my colour perfectly (NW40), as the name suggests it is definitely a long wearing foundation and to top it off, the finish is perfect for my skin type (combination). The downfall... I have never broken out as badly as I did when I purchased and started using this. I have constant, red pimples on my face (those painful, under the skin kind) and a series of tiny, horrible bumps on my forehead that I just can't seem to get rid of. I wish I didn't have these issues because I genuinely loved the foundation itself but unlucky for me - my skin is still trying to recover from the damage.

on 4/17/2015 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

How can anyone hate this foundation?

Its perfect for combination/oily skin, its not too thick and not too thin its a perfect balance.
I will forever repurchase this foundation.

I do also mix it with other foundations such as Chanel perfection lumniere and bobbi brown skin foundation.

on 4/12/2015 10:58:00 AM

Currently my go to foundation, goes well on my combi-oily skin, great coverage but can get cakey if too much is used or with a lot of powder, stays on all day and price is not too bad, love the lock tight pump.

on 4/9/2015 2:05:00 PM

This is my HG foundation. The coverage and texture are amazing. I can apply this one beautifully by hand, brush and beautyblender, it doesnt really matter because it always looks beautifull. The fact that the coverage is buildable and therefor is adjustable to my wishes makes me very happy. The natural finish makes it look so smooth on my combination skin. The longwearing effect is amazing, this one last me for about 15 hours! Perfection

on 4/8/2015 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foundation might be my new HG foundation.
I have combo skin and by day's end my foundation is splotchy and has moved, my blush is completely gone and I look like a Picasso painting. I have tried many long wearing foundations and this by far is my favorite. I first tried it for a night out only. I have a good reason. I was going to a bonfire and thought for sure my foundation would not last. This product proved me wrong, not once but TWICE that night. It stayed in place, even by the fire, all night long. I got home and fell asleep in my make up, by mistake. In the morning I woke to a full face of makeup. I was pretty surprised that this does last like it says.
The next time I tried it was when I went to work. Granted I work in an office and rarely go outside. My make up remained flawless all day. I got so many compliments and the only difference was my foundation. It stayed in place through eating, drinking and even some sneezing. I usually lose some foundation during these moments. It remained on my face until I cleaned it for bed.
I will admit that there is a problem with this foundation getting too tacky too fast after application and it becoming hard to work with, but I do believe that this is something I can work with.
This foundation is semi matte, allowing your natural skin to shine through in all the right places. This is definitely my new go to foundation and I will be re-purchasing this product!

on 4/3/2015 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was my favorite foundation I ever used! I have combination skin, so it was neither drying nor did it make my face oily! I am also prone to breakouts and I noticed my skin improved when I started using this product! It also is very long lasting I would wear it for 12 hours straight and it still looked great by the end of day! However im very pale and after a while of having this product it began to oxidize and turn orange. So if you are very pale like me, I would not suggest this product.

on 3/31/2015 7:04:00 AM

This must be one of the few foundations that I really have repurchased in my lifetime! Stays quite well on my face and even better with a quality powder, such as e.l.f HD loose powder (Translucent).

Glass bottle with pump system is far better than plastic tubes, although breakable.

PLUS, I seem to finally have found a perfectly matching shade for my skin (NW25).

on 3/26/2015 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Soooooo, I think I used this foundation enough to feel comfortable writing a review for it.

To start, it does live up to the name, Prolongwear, as I do not have a problem with it breaking down throughout the work day. I get in my car, and my face makeup looks pretty much like it did when I first applied it! Awesome. It is a very pigmented foundation, and it will stain pretty much everything it comes in contact with (especially white) so be careful when applying. Because of it's pigmentation, it does give a decent coverage (especially redness) with one application. I do like a full coverage face, so most of the time, I will go over any additional spots with a small amount of this foundation, almost using it as a concealer.

It is very thin, which surprised me, because I thought for sure being a long wearing foundation it would be a bit thicker, but on the flip side of that it does dry incredibly fast. SOOOO, work quickly, or you won't be able to blend it out properly. Smell is no different than most foundations, so you should be able to use, if you are not sensitive to most.

Overall, I liked this foundation. Which it had a bit more coverage with one application, because it is a pain sometimes to blend this, so the more you have to use, the harder it is to blend. For a high end foundation, this is on the lower end of the price scale, and it's not going to break the bank to purchase (like the Hourglass, Armani, etc). Packaging is cute and a sanitary pump, which is always a plus.

on 3/18/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the ONLY foundation that does not transfer onto my surgical masks. For that and that alone, it gets 5 lippes. :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials