December 21, 2014 | 1832 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Day 2 Night

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Favorite ELF eye shadow quad. The colors are great neutrals, and they are dupes for a stila pallete I have!! Like exact dupes! This is very pigmented and the packaging is small and easy to travel with. This is really cheap and makes a great everyday eye shadow quad, and although I don't use it much, it is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by mailife4

This my favorite quad from ELF. It's super pigmented and the colors are true to its color. The purple isn't as sharp as I thought it would be. It's more on the brown side. But even still, I love the color. It's my go-to pallet for everyday wear and quick change to night.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by ylaimeche

I LOVE this quad! The pigmentation is surprisingly good for such an inexpensive product. All four shades are gorgeous and for $1 it's a steal. I've used quite a few eyeshadow palettes but this one is by far my favorite. It's a definite repurchase for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by kr1sti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Best quad ever. I reach for it every time I don't know what to wear. I use all the 4 colours, the quality of these eyeshadows is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My friend accidentally bought two of these and was nice enough to gift one to me. I looked at the colors and shrugged, thinking they would not work with my darker skin. Big mistake- I love this quad!

The quality of these shadows is pretty good (not quite as blendable and buttery as UD, in my opinion), and the colors are lovely. While I don't need yet another greyish-black shadow or another highlight shade, I would buy this quad for the gorgeous taupe over and over, and I also like the plummy color. The palette is so small, it's perfect to throw in my bag when I'm traveling and don't want to tote my Naked palette or anything pricey. For $1, you really can't go wrong. Of course, these shadows are best when used over primer and applied with a brush, not the little applicators you get with the quad.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

I love the 4 color selection in this little one. Vanilla,light taupe,burgundy,black.
Like it says, you can use it from day 2 night!
I wouldn't say the pigmentation is the phenomenal, but with a little help of a primer these shadows will definitely give you a great color payoff and lasting power.
There are a lot of fall out so be careful. Packaging is very practical and petite, I don't mind the triangular shape of shadows but I'd prefer the rectangular shape for easy access.
One of my favorite ELF products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This isn't a bad quad, ive tried 3 quads & this is my second fav out of them, Butternut being #1. I hope to buy several more quads in the future though. Colors are nice, pigmentation is great for me & its only $1 so i can see myself buying this over n over n over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is by far one of my top 3 quads from Elf! I love every single shadow- theyre paired together well. Its great to use paired with other shadows or together. I love it so much! emilynoel on youtube has done a tutorial on this but i already knew i loved it before then but now i think it got other people agreeing since Elf seems to be love or hate no in betweens.
=PRICE & AVAILABILITY=
Day 2 Nite is available from the Elf Essential line that only cost $1!!! yes one dollar- its unreal- you can get this online on the elf site or depending on your location, Target stores as well. Its def worth more than $1
=SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE=
Day2Nite is a great neutral but glammed up quad. It def consists of 4 equally great shadows. All 4 are soft, pigmented & soft & smooth. It applies & blends well. I love using each shadow together or one shadow mixed with another look. It has 4 great shadows that can give you a nice soft smoky day look or the darker shadows can add some darkness for the nite time smoky eye just like the name states: Day 2 Nite!!! from left to right:
1st shade- a great white shadow with a somewhat silver undertone. its a great highlight shadow for brow or inner tear duct. it can be sheer wash or built up for a stark white shadow. its so pretty, it looks like snow pressed into a shadow
2nd shade- This is a great darkened purple plum shadow. its very unique when swatched. it looks duo chrome like a dark purple with a pink undertone. there is a slight silver shimmer to it but shows up matte on the lid since the glitter doesnt translate to lids
3rd shade- This is a very unqiue shadow as well, its a dark toned blue purple navy, it has different undertones which makes it like no blue i own. im not a fan of blues but this is dark enough to define & can be great for adding definition to outer v, looks so pretty on the lid.
4th shade- My favorite shadow of all 4 since im obsessed with taupe shadows. This is a light med taupe silver shadow with a slight tiny hit of purple gray undertone. its a champagne taupe silver. LOVE IT! great for day time or nite time. love to use this on my lid
-this is a great quad, sooo pretty! 4 great shadows. theyre all very unique & pretty. i def love it for real! i love to see looks people come up with since theyre all very pigmented. id suggest primer & a cream base will also help w/ increasing pigmentation as well as staying power. These will stay put for at least 7 hours with primer. I love how soft & blendable the shadows are. No chalkiness. one of the best quads they have.
=PACKAGING=
The quads come in a small rectangular shaped plastic compact. The see thru lid snaps shut. There is 4 diagonal triangles of shadows. The corners do make it difficult for bigger brushes to fit into but its not too bad. There is a fair amount of shadow in each pan. the pans arent shallow, it takes alot to hit pan. I havent hardly made a dent in the pans. The bottom compartment is a little tiny mirror which i dont use but there is a double ended sponge tip applicator which is good as well. I love how small these are since i have so many shadows ill never get through but these quads are the perfect size & can fit in your pocket or makeup bag for touch ups or makeup on the go! simple, compact & convenient!
Overall, a great great amazing quad. the name states it all, can be used for day time & jazzed up for nite! love it! such pretty colors- im more into neutral brown shadows but this provides just the right amount of color w/out looking crazy- ahh i love the shadows! now i want to go use it! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So far, I like this quad. The colors are nicely pigmented and I especially appreciate the versatility of the quad - you really can go day to night using this little quad. I'd buy again, for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by photogeneric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall I really enjoy this eyeshadow quad. The color assortment is my favorite part about it. I find the plum shade and the darker navy shade to be very pigmented, while the taupe and vanilla shades are more sheer but I am able to build them up. I have to rub my brush in these a bit to get them to work, but for a dollar I don't really care. On my eyes this palette looks great, it is very versatile and I've received a lot of compliments while wearing it. No one believes me that my eyeshadow cost so little. I was able to blend the shades and didn't experience fallout. The only things I wished were that these had the texture of Wet N Wild eyeshadows (very soft) for the price, and also the little triangle packaging be changed to squares so it is easier to fit a brush in the shadow. Other than that, this is a great quad. I truly love it, use it often and would repurchase/recommend it to others.