The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo Normal/Dry hair and Loose Dandruff

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Piroctone Olamine, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone Propyl PG Betaine, Honey, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Salicylate, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Birch Bark, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Citral, Citronellol, Oakmoss, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol.

on 3/13/2013 4:22:00 AM

This is no better tgan Head and Shoulders. My scalp was itchier than before. It makes my hair a tad dry but soft.

on 12/1/2012 3:32:00 PM

It's fair to say this shampoo is a miracle.
After all the years I've been searching for a shampoo (and all the money wasted) I feel like I may just have found my holy grail shampoo.
Recently I've been using the Liz Earle shampoo, and although natural, and really nourishing it didn't have any ability to get rid of dandruff which bugged me as my new soft hair was tainted by those evil white flakes.
I found a review on this and decided next time I was passing a Body Shop I would pop in and buy it, between the small bottle and this I chose the bigger one as it was only 6.50 (not too expensive compared to some high end shampoos, and worth it as you only need a blob about the size of a 10p coin. Since using this my hair has been soft, shiny and flake-free.

Fingers crossed that as long as I have this shampoo that doesn't change. Will be buying this for as long as I can.

on 11/21/2012 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have purchased this for my husband for the last few years. He had moderate dandruff and this really keeps it under control without irritating his scalp. He has short hair he washes daily and a large bottle lasts several months. I hope they never discontinue this. He has tried several other shampoos from the pharmacy as well as very expensive brands, but he always comes back to this. The scent is pretty strong ( ginger) but fades as his hair dries.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for my husband reading really good reviews. He has a big problem with Dandruff and its not really solved, can not even say its better. I may only buy it that may be its less harsh but definitely its not the one to cure dandruff. i would try the home remedy of applying coconut oil with lemon and use any other shampoo for it.

on 10/1/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair is fine and long, with dry ends and oily scalp. I do have SD now and than, that I manage with the use of a dandruff shampoo once a week. The active ingredient in this shampoo is Piroctone Olamine, what is a mild ingredient, so your hair does not become too dry. For me it works very well, my hair becomes shiny and soft and free of SD. You do need a conditioner after, but that is normal.
What I don't like is the harmful ingredientlist, it gets 7 on skindeep..

This is THE HG for me, as far as shampoos go. Thanks so much fellow MUAers, if it wasn't for you I would've never stumbled upon this gem that literally saved my scalp.
I've always had problems with an itchy scalp, ever since I was a baby. I can't say how much money I've spent looking for something that would just stop the itch, doesn't matter if it kept my hair healthy or not.
I was so pessimistic about this one, as Body Shop is one of the brands I tend to avoid because of the disappointing experiences in the past. Anyway, I couldn't believe how I could go 2-3 days at a time without my hair itching like crazy. I left out reviewing this shampoo for several months just so I could definitely say that it's working, and it is!
I don't really like the smell, but it's not overly annoying either and after washing, my hair feels squeaky clean. It's not cheap like other major brands, but it lasts forever and probably saves me money in the long run compared to other shampoos. I will probably buy a box of these for the future, in case they reformulate, or God forbid, discontinue it.

on 8/10/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Suffer from dry hair and scalp and some minor dandruff problems and this is the best i've tried so far. It really feels like it cleanses thoroughly. It makes my hair soft and shiny (along with aussie miracle moist conditioner) and leaves a heavenly ginger smell! It's not fantastic, as it does not remove my dandruff but moderates it. I will stick with this until i find something that seems better :)

on 5/30/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

AMAZING product! I was suffering from a really dry scalp for a while. It was getting bad with flakes and everything. I tried all the drugstore brands, until I finally decided to give this a go (can be quite prciey). I've repurchased this 2 more times. It smells alright but the smell doesn't really stay in my hair so it's not a problem. It worked wonders with my scalp though, no sign of flakes since I started using it. Would definitely recommend. The Body Shop is always having a sale so it's easy to get it cheaper :)

on 5/9/2012 7:29:00 AM

I bought this shampoo after reading so many positive reviews. On first use my scalp felt a little dry but I kept using it - it's doing a good job of keeping my seborrheic dermatitis at bay and also clarifying greasy roots I get from the condition, which is a big bonus. The smell is ok, more sugary than gingery, however it lathers and rinses very well and doesn't leave any build up. It claims it is for dry hair but I actually find it quite drying alone (perhaps because I leave it on for 5 mins) so I would recommend that you follow with a conditioner.

The packaging is practical and effective so I can't fault it there, it's a little pricey for a shampoo but with stubborn flakes I am happy to pay for something that works and doesn't reek of tar...! I would definitely recommend trying this if you suffer from scalp problems and find that nothing else works.

on 4/13/2012 3:20:00 PM

I used to have horrible hair before trying this product. My hair dresser reccommened it to me, and it was a game changer so to speak. Another reviewer posted that it made their hair frizzy, I foudnt this as well. I simply paired it with a mositurizing conditioner and that took car of the frizz. My hair is now silky and soft and it no longer looks like "snow" on my head.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products