July 22, 2014 | 2484 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Ginger Shampoo Normal/Dry hair and Loose Dandruff

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by meisels1muse1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is THE HG for me, as far as shampoos go. Thanks so much fellow MUAers, if it wasn't for you I would've never stumbled upon this gem that literally saved my scalp.
I've always had problems with an itchy scalp, ever since I was a baby. I can't say how much money I've spent looking for something that would just stop the itch, doesn't matter if it kept my hair healthy or not.
I was so pessimistic about this one, as Body Shop is one of the brands I tend to avoid because of the disappointing experiences in the past. Anyway, I couldn't believe how I could go 2-3 days at a time without my hair itching like crazy. I left out reviewing this shampoo for several months just so I could definitely say that it's working, and it is!
I don't really like the smell, but it's not overly annoying either and after washing, my hair feels squeaky clean. It's not cheap like other major brands, but it lasts forever and probably saves me money in the long run compared to other shampoos. I will probably buy a box of these for the future, in case they reformulate, or God forbid, discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Lakkert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Suffer from dry hair and scalp and some minor dandruff problems and this is the best i've tried so far. It really feels like it cleanses thoroughly. It makes my hair soft and shiny (along with aussie miracle moist conditioner) and leaves a heavenly ginger smell! It's not fantastic, as it does not remove my dandruff but moderates it. I will stick with this until i find something that seems better :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by bheidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING product! I was suffering from a really dry scalp for a while. It was getting bad with flakes and everything. I tried all the drugstore brands, until I finally decided to give this a go (can be quite prciey). I've repurchased this 2 more times. It smells alright but the smell doesn't really stay in my hair so it's not a problem. It worked wonders with my scalp though, no sign of flakes since I started using it. Would definitely recommend. The Body Shop is always having a sale so it's easy to get it cheaper :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Basilic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this shampoo after reading so many positive reviews. On first use my scalp felt a little dry but I kept using it - it's doing a good job of keeping my seborrheic dermatitis at bay and also clarifying greasy roots I get from the condition, which is a big bonus. The smell is ok, more sugary than gingery, however it lathers and rinses very well and doesn't leave any build up. It claims it is for dry hair but I actually find it quite drying alone (perhaps because I leave it on for 5 mins) so I would recommend that you follow with a conditioner.

The packaging is practical and effective so I can't fault it there, it's a little pricey for a shampoo but with stubborn flakes I am happy to pay for something that works and doesn't reek of tar...! I would definitely recommend trying this if you suffer from scalp problems and find that nothing else works.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by amtu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to have horrible hair before trying this product. My hair dresser reccommened it to me, and it was a game changer so to speak. Another reviewer posted that it made their hair frizzy, I foudnt this as well. I simply paired it with a mositurizing conditioner and that took car of the frizz. My hair is now silky and soft and it no longer looks like "snow" on my head.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by supercat12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a shampoo for my mild dandruff/itchy scalp, and hoped this would be it. I seem to be the rare person this didn't work for. It may have worked on my scalp, but it made my hair unbelievably dry, frizzy, and unmanageable. I'm really sad, because it smells great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Muartsy

I love the scent and the performance of this shampoo!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by rachelmoo

The ginger shampoo has a nice herbal smell and it really solve my dandruff problem. I just need to let the foam to stay longer on my hair and it really cleanse the oil on my scalp too. Although my hair might become dry, I can solve it with some hair treatment.

My best tip for everybody is to blow dry your hair immediately after shower to prevent the moisture from feeding the fungal which caused dandruff on your hair.

This is one of the best Body Shop shampoos out there. Yahoo for solving my dandruff problem. It is a good feeling to wake up with no white flakes on my pillow. (*^0^*)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by msbl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The shampoo was great for my itchy scalp. It left my hair and scalp feeling refresh. I don't like that it does not have a ,atching conditioner. The other body shop conditioner was a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by rnancy

Every so often The Body Shop discontinues this line, but with strategic sale buying I have not depleted my Ginger Shampoo supply in several years. I used to have light dandruff (or flaky scalp) and tried other, harsher dandruff shampoos. Nothing seemed to work (except to give me stinky hair). This shampoo has worked for me for years. Now I use it every other day or so... and that is good enough. I will buy again and again.