September 22, 2014 | 2150 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Foundation #3

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by daisychainsNhopscotch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

lovely stuff...
I have the new formular with the lookable shifter and slight shimmer - aimed for a dewyer, glowy finish.
latelyy i have found myself pondering for a beautiful foundation, but after what seems like years of searching...i felt like this dream foundation i have in my mind is something far from possible!
and although this is not perfect...it still is a beautiful foundation
one thing for sure; this foundation looks like skin! and i promise you, coming from someone like me - a total geek about the complete natural skin look, well i have found my match as this looks completely natural; not powdery, flakey, cakey or anything like that - a second layer of skin!
it doesnt look overly dewy, but that is slightly impossible scince it is a powder so i can't really say that this is a downside. although i must mention, if does feel slightly itchy when i first apply it, for about a minute but not to an extent that i have to itch my face - it is bareable! also...im not a powder girl, so its not my 'HG' foundation
and it is just so versitle: dust it across the face for a light coverage, layer slightly for a medium coverage and certainly capable of full coverage - also i recommend using a kabuki brush to help achieve this. over all: light on the skin - doesnt feel like your wearing any makeup what so ever, looks completely like skin, looks glowy, i never have to use concealer when wearing this, easy to apply - although i recommend the Bare mineral brushes:)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by MicheleMonique

Powder mineral foundation is wonderful if you have great skin. I use it on my daughter (she is a young dancer) and it looks wonderful on her - enough coverage for the stage lights but not over the top.
However, on me, it is tricky because I have combination skin. On the dry parts of my face, eg. under the eyes, it brings out all the fine lines. If I put more moisturers (eye cream) underneath, the foundation gets all caked up and I literally have to wash everything off my face and start again. On the T zone, the foundation wears off quickly because of the oil, especially in a central-heated office. So yes, I would buy again - for my daugher but not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by smerch89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this foundation for several reasons.
1.It matches my hard-to-match olive tone FINALLY – thank you for coming out with the new Golden Tan shade. No longer is my face lighter than the rest of my body in pictures. No longer do I have a line that differentiates my foundation from my neck. Props to Bare Escentuals for reaching out to us olive tones.
2.I have literally fallen asleep in this product and not broken out – which is a miracle for me. I was using MAC before and would CONSTANTLY break out from even daytime use of their foundation.
3.Coverage is buildable. Granted, it annoys me that some days I have to give my foundation more time than I’d like to build up to full coverage, but nonetheless, it’s one of those “one size fits all” types of deals.
4.I use this product EVERYDAY and it lasts a long, long time. One container lasts me at least 3 months.

However, here are the cons:
1.If you have dry skin, stay away! It will highlight your dry patches and make the flakes stand out.
2.The buildable coverage is annoying if you like full coverage at all times (like me). It literally takes me a good 3-4 minutes to get the coverage I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by helbeluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this with trepidation having read all the varying reviews on MUA. Would it break me out? Would it go shiny? Would it give enough coverage? Would it accentuate my dry areas?

Well, I'm 3 weeks in now, so figure that's ample time for my sensitive face to have rebelled if it wasnt happy - and it hasn't. I use 'Light', over my usual No 7 Protect & perfect day cream, and it has staying power to last from 8am to 6pm without any more shine than you'd expect in that time.
I make sure to gently exfoliate with a scrub twice a week, and use a damp flannel to remove my cleaning balm in the evening - so enough exfoliation to ensure there's no dry bits lurking.....and as a result this foundation is great.
It's easy to apply too much - I literally whisper it over my face (with a No 7 Kabuki brush) and it covers redness and old pimple marks easily. To be honest I only need light coverage and am used to using Mac's face & body foundation, which is more like a tinted moisturiser. This gives me more coverage than that and as a result I look the best I have in erm, ever!

The packaging is fine - it has a lock & twist thing to ensure you only ever pour out what you're going to use, so isn't remotely messy.

The 'light' suits my skin perfectly. I actually just fake-tanned last night and it's still ok colour-wise. I am a bit concerned that when (if) I get a deeper tan this summer it might be too light - but 75% of my head knows this shade will still be Ok. The thought of mixing in the 'warm' powder that the BE girl showed me seems horrifically messy and complicated, so hopefully it wont come to that.....

I have a sample size pot of the mineral veil, which I gather is used to 'set' this in place. To be honest I haven't needed it yet.

All in all, it's quicker, easier and better than my old liquid foundation - and I have Mac Face & Body, Clinique Superfit and Even Better sitting redundantly in my cupboard now. Im not even tempted to go back!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by fhayes09

This stuff isnt supposed to break you out but after 2 days of use it does.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by tojoyamoto

This product finds any fine line in your face and settles in it! I have 2 minute lines under each eye, and-- within 1 hour-- they were pigmented streams. I tried this product about 4 times with different moisturizer or eye cream to plump up the little lines, but it never worked. If you have serious fine lines, or even wrinkles, this foundation will be a disaster!
The coverage was fair-- I applied it with clean fingers. I didn't have any breakouts or skin irritations from it...

This is just a lousy product that no one should fool with. I gave it 1 star.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by polixenia

horrible product! I looked like I was 10 years older. You could see all my wrinkles. sorry I tried it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by SKYNCAREJUNKIE

Bare minerals was good for the first 6 months because it seemed better than the drug store mineral foundations, but now i notice that it looks ashy on my skin and it sometimes made my face itchy. Also, their brushes weren't that great after a while. Everyday minerals is so much better because it doesn't have so much shine and gives better coverage. Also, everyday minerals is half the price and has many colors to choose from and you can order free samples by just paying a shipping cost of $3.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

She put it on me at the store ooing and aahing over how much better my skin looked (which wasn't bad in the first lace) and I thought I'd purchase to test it out and see if the rave reviews were true. I bought the foundation (bare Escentuals).
Well no sooner had I got home a few hours later than my skin started to get greasy again os it definitely doesn't stop shine.
The color is also a bit off, there's a reddish tint to it that seemed to make me look older than my years (my skin has yellow undertones)..

I think in summertime this may be good but othrwise it's a waste of money. WHo cares if you can sleep in it, no one buys it to go to bed in.
I'm sticking iwth my Fashion Fair powder oil control pressed powder and MAC fo rnight wear. Much better coverage and longer lasting.
I also noticed that my pores had gotten bigger.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by christiibistii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although the powder does make me look quite shiny and cakey, that is because I do have oily skin and regardless of the powder or not my skin would appear that way. The product doesn't take too well to oil production throughout the day, which only adds fire to the appearance of shine and cakiness. I still like it however because it looks good when first applied and if re-touched often, however left on its own it can look quite scary, especially in the heat.
Lately i've been using dermalogica oil control lotion before applying and that has reduced the shineness so I think it depends on what you put underneath the product. IT can look extra cakey if you use foundation or heavy concealer underneath, which looks patchy and thick but on bare skin of moisturised skin it can look quite natural as long as too much isn't applied.

I'm just hoping I'll find something that will control shine more but until then I will repurchase.