August 23, 2014 | 1788 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by mandyomnom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skin: Oily-combination (My forehead is dry in the morning and then its oily as the day goes on.)
Colour: NC 35

Overview: This concealer is great for an everyday concealer, as it is light and has very good coverage.

Packaging: There is a discussion going on about how the pump makes it very hard to get the product out. I also had this issue too. When I first squeezed it, I was surprised that I had to squeeze quite hard to get the product out, only to find out that when I finally got some out, that it was not "some". I fixed this issue by normally positioning my hand on the pump, but I moved my thumb up to the edge of the pump. This makes your thumb resist how hard you press on the pump. With this method, I can squeeze out a tiny dot.

Scent: There is no scent to this concealer (which is a plus for sensitive skins)

Texture: The texture is like a liquid, but a little thicker as it does not tend to be runny if I apply it to my hand and tilt it.

Coverage: I would say this is medium to full coverage; medium with one layer, and full if you build on it. It covers acne scars well, but on spots where there are scabs, it is accentuated after a few hours. This is why I recommend to not cover up those spots until it is fully healed, but if you feel insecure with the small scab, by all means, cover it up and do whatever floats your boat :)

On skin: I do recommend letting your moisturizer absorb into your skin first (Tip: Pat the moisturizer into your skin vs rubbing it in) or else it will just "sit" on your skin, making it obvious you have product on your skin. Another thing is, you need to work it into your skin within 2 minutes, because it tends to set fairly quickly into a harder to move cream. This concealer does tend to accentuate dry spots for me, so I recommend putting another layer of a lighter moisturizer on the dry spots prior to applying on the skin. Also, if you have pretty oily skin, use a setting powder. Dry skins tend to be fine without it because it does set pretty fast into a harder to move cream (as I said before)

Lasting time: This concealer tends to look best within 4-5 hours. After that, small specks on my skin (small blackheads) seem to be "accented" and looks bigger than usual. This was when I did not blot my face with blotting paper or tissue paper. When I did blot throughout the day, I found it lasted longer, and did not look as bad as when I did not blot. I found that the tissue that I blotted with had some colour from my concealer transferred onto it. I only have my oily skin to blame (sadly) but surprisingly, the coverage did not seem to change very much; it was still a good medium coverage, but looked a little bit more sheen (if that makes sense).

Additional: This product did not break me out so it's good for all my acne prone skin friends out there :D

Thank you for reading my review! I hope you found it helpful in some ways and please tell me if I need to add anything to make my reviews better :) Have a nice day!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ahrako

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best concealers out there! The formula lets you blend easily and build up on coverage, and sometimes I am honestly tempted to use this as a foundation all over my face but the price and how little the bottle is stops me from doing that. This isn't a super heavy, cakey concealer like the the studio finish (which i love also for those stubborn zits and uneven areas around the nose etc) but it is honestly amazing under and even over foundation. I like to use a lighter color concealer for highlighting under the eyes, bridge of my nose, etc. My ONLY complaint is that the pump pumps out WAY more than you need most of the time, so if you learn to control the pump and see how little you truly need, you should be ok. I honestly love this concealer and will kill myself if it's ever discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by svyp

MAC Prolongwear Concealer isn't exactly the most convenient concealer out there, but once you get past the initial learning curve (aka pumping out just the right amount), what you'll find is an amazing and extremely versatile product that can be used to visually correct multiple skin issues, from spots to lines to sallowness.

Personally, what I like most about it is its ability to smooth skin texture while still feeling weightless and looking natural. Because it is a silicone-based concealer, I find even a thin layer can fill in pores and some fine lines (there's this annoying one on my forehead which this conceals effortlessly) without creasing or looking cakey.

In terms of coverage, I wouldn't really consider it an opaque concealer, but it definitely defaults to medium. Its liquid consistency can be built up for traditional concealing or sheered down for highlighting - another thing that makes it so versatile.

In terms of application, I'd say always start with a brush, then pat it in with fingers, and make sure that skin is primed/moisturized (it tends to highlight dryness, for obvious reasons). This is what has given me the most natural finish.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this concealer.

PS. With everyday use for highlighting/spot concealing, a single bottle lasts me from 11 - 12 months. A little goes such a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by jasminesanghera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Glides on smoothly. Extremely long lasting. Doesn't fall into wrinkles. Moderately priced. A little goes a looong way. I use it mostly under my eyes and blend with my finger - can't even tell I'm wearing makeup. I'm on my 4th bottle of this. Do yourself a favor and buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Adarodriguezc

This is definitely the best concealer i have ever owned. It is so creamy and easy to blend and the most important thing is that it has great coverage and a great color selection. Stays all day and if you set it with a loose powder looks even more beautiful, it may look like a small pot at first but a little bit goes a long way and it lasts A LOT OF TIME, so it's not like you'll have to buy one every month. I would definitely re purchase this concealer for ever and ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've heard great thing about the Pro Longwear concealer, so I decided to try it out. And I'm really pleased with this concealer! I use it for under-eye-highlighting in the shade NC20. It stays on all day, does not crease/set in my fine lines, also covers up blemishes nicely and it doesn't break me out.
The only con for me is the packaging. I wouldn't risk taking it with me in my bag, since it's a glass container. And the pump pumps out too much product with one pump. The nozzle gets really messy as well. But it's a really great product! The key is finding the right shade for your skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by 26cyj58

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this. It's a perfect colour match - normally I'm about NC25 but I went down to NC20 for this. It highlights, conceals and blends seamlessly into the skin. Coverage is very good without being too heavy or thick. A small amount goes a long way. I think you could actually wear this without foundation and it would give excellent coverage.

I find you really need your moisturiser to be absorbed into the skin before applying this, otherwise it just sits on the skin.

My only problem with this is the packaging. The pump application is not very effective - you really need to press hard, and when you do a lot of product comes out, more than is needed and it spills out over the bottle. You just end up wasting it. Maybe a wand application would be more beneficial.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Anyiyang

I love this product, it is my favourite concealer by far! It is nothing like any other concealer I've had and has medium to high coverage. A little bit of it honestly goes a long way. It also works great as an eye primer and under eye highlighter. However in saying all this, there are a few issues I still have with this product:
1. the PUMP!!!! - it is impossible to control how much you squeeze out and often it is way too much product - way more than you really need. So essentially you're wasting product, especially because you can't open the container.
2. It gets cakey very easily. This is pretty self explanatory, the coverage being high means its essentially more likely to cake easily. I also get undereye creasing (but thats not something ben nye setting powder cant fix)
Hope this was useful. Overall I definitely recommend this product, just be careful not to use to much product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Tori2014

Excellent Concealer! I'm naturally pale so I use 'NC 15' which is the lightest shade and matches my skin tone, but i love to use it when im tanned as it highlites and brightens so well. The formualr is creamy, smooth with a medium thickness, nothing too heavy. The coverage is medium to full but you can definately tone in down if you want. It covers my acne marks and fresh blemishes without drawing attention to them. Covers dark circles under my eyes beutifully and makes that area appear more radiant, especially when i use a shade lighter than my skin tone. It lasts all day with minimal creasing or fading, even without the use of powder; but i like the way it looks without powder, creamy and radiant. The finish is semi-matte but never looks powdery and doesn't settle into fine lines. I purchase it from Myer in Perth (WA) for for around $35. Not cheap but well worth the money especially since it lasts ages. The only downside is the pump which spurts out way too much product than you need at once, and also the inability to remove the entire lid to access the remainder of the product left in the tube. I had to throw away a tube that wasn't pumping out any more product but you could clearly see their was plently still in there. Other than that it's well worth a try and a i will certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by hughjasslol

HOLY MF GRAIL CONCEALER!!! PRODUCT SENT BY THE GODS!!

This concealer is super natural looking but has amazing, full coverage. This also lasts super long on my skin - an issue I tend to have with many other concealers. The formula is not thick and cakey and a little goes a long way. It's also a very build able formula and it won't look cakey. It does not dry out my skin and is great for under eye, blemishes, and other imperfections. The only downside is that the pump gives you too much product. One pump is enough to cover both of my cheeks. To solve this, I pump the product into a clean air-tight container and use what I can, then reserve the container for my next use.