October 21, 2014 | 1991 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Book of Shadows Vol. III

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by roxmac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette! I don't have any other books, but I love how long these shadows last and the variety has replaced half my collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recieved this as xmas gift from my lovely boyfriend (who gets my mu obsession). First off, the packaging is amazing. I love the NY theme. I keep mine out on my vanity to show it off. Now, I am a neutral eyeshadow girl as a rule, but I love these colorful eyeshadows. If I use a neutral base and line with brown or black, I can pull of a sophisticated look with these bright blues, greens, and purples within this palette (take that Paula B). UD makes quality shadows- great pigmentation, not too powdery, and uber blendable. Now Uzi is quite the glitter bomb, but there is a time and a place when that shadow can be pulled out. The set comes with a mini primer potion (which I don't really use) and two 24/7 liners. I like the purple one (ransom) on the lower lash line when do a purple eye with last call, rockstar, bordello, and psychedelic sister. Now I would gladly repurchase if this if it were still available by the time I finish it up. However, it mostly likely will not but it's my understanding that the book of shadows come with many repeats and I'll relish the opportunity to try out more shadows when the next book of shadows comes out. If you can still get ahold of this one, I highly recommend it. In general, I recommend UD's colorful shadow palettes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

My husband surprised me with this for my birthday! Its a great collection of funky eyeshadows, a black and purple pencil and a mini UDPP. After playing with this for about a week or so I've managed to try out all the colours and make some really nice looks with them. Its more of a night time palette for me since I only wear neutrals during the day for work.

As all Urban Decay shadows, these are VERY highly pigmented and are an absolute dream to blend! My favorites are smog (I'm happy I have another smog because I use it a lot), rockstar, psychedelic sister, money, and bordello. I LOVE snatch as a crease colour when I'm wearing something neutral too. My only complaint is the chunky glitter that falls from most shadows during application. I really wish some of them were matte or at least just shimmery without the glitter. I've tried a wet brush, using a tissue to cover but it still falls on my cheeks and is really hard to get off. I usually have to use some tape to remove it. I also wish it had some kind of highlight colour (just a cream or white without glitter) so I didn't have to go to another palette for a highlight.

The pencils are amazing...I love zero it lasts forever on my waterline set with a little perversion on top. The ransom liner is gorgeous too! And my HG primer is UDPP so I'm always pleased to see a little sample in the palettes! The packaging is just amazing with the pop up and lights. I have never used the mirror but I can't see it being very useful because of its odd location on the book.

I said yes to repurchase because if something ever happened to my palette and I used it up while it was still available I'd get another one, no questions. The shades are unique and while the glitter is a pain I tolerate it. This is a really great palette to add to a collection and I highly recommend it for any eyeshadow lover out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Kaskine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the colors in this palette, however I really wish they would do without all the showiness of it and just make the palette cheaper. If you think about it, you are paying for the dumb pop up and lights in it. I never open the top of it to use the mirror, so why should I have to pay for it. Also I dont use the 24/7 pencil in the kits, I'm a liquid girl. Overall though I love this kit, I really like the greens and blues in this kit. If you dont wear a lot of color this kit is not for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Pher1447

I love this product and all the urban decay eye shadows!
Pros: beautiful colors, creamy, pigmented, applies smoothly and lasts all day with or w/o primer
Cons: fall outs and too sparkly

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by hebenn01

ADORE THIS PALETTE. I have to be honest and say it's the first larger palette I've bought. I've never been a big eyeshadow person but looked around online and saw rave reviews and I now know why! The colors all blend so well. Just poke around on youtube and you'll find dozens of ideas for color combos and techniques. I don't even have the expensive brushes...but maybe 6 or 7 eye brushes and they still allow me to get very creative.
I actually had a girl compliment my eyes this weekend in a bathroom at a bar. Can't say that has happened before I bought this palette!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was set to love this palette as soon as I bought it.

You can easily create a daytime look and bump it up to a night time look.
My favorite is kush, such a beautiful green :)

The packaging got me for sure. I love the Book of Shadows... Call me 14 but hey, it's cute and it lights up... even though mine ran out of battery haha

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by fkngabi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite palettes. The packaging is super creative, the eye shadows are very pigmented, and the overall color range is great. I can easily create dramatic nighttime looks, and neutral daytime looks.
This palette comes with 2 good size eyeliners and a sample size of primer potion. I enjoy all the eye shadows, but Uzi and Midnight cowboy rides again are two that tend to annoy me because of the fallout,

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by kittybisous

I love this palette, don't get me wrong. The packaging is fun, so many colors, quality shadows . . . but a few problems. Ultimately, the packaging is bulky and you would never use the mirror. The shadows are great but the glitter does tend to get every where. With some colors I would just never use - it was a fun buy but not a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by LovelyStars

i love this palette. my favourite of them all! the colours are bright and pigmented and amazing. the only downside is the huge and bulky packaging so i transferred them all to a small palette.
i love this!!