November 24, 2014 | 1366 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by odettecarotte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin is naturally oily, and made even more so because I use Clindamycin lotion. I've been practicing eye make-up, and been sad when it slides right off. This product really works for me. The other day, I did a full face of make-up. Shadow, liquid liner, non-water-proof mascara. I went for a drive on a hot, muggy day and cooked for several hours in a roasting-hot kitchen. My eye makeup was PERFECT. No smudging, no oiliness. Ok, maybe a tiny bit of mascara flaked off after six hours. I have very sensitive eyes, as well, and this spray did not bother them at all. No scent. No sticky feeling (except a little bit on my bangs). I bought it to keep my eye make-up in place, not dry up my skin. Perhaps that's why I like it more than other reviewers who bought it for that purpose.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by at900

Let me start off by saying that it definitely did what it said it would: keep the oil away. I have INSANELY oily skin & literally nothing else has helped 100%, but I have to say that this did. I could go from 8 am to midnight and literally not even have a shine, which has NEVER been the case for me. I get shiny almost immediately after having gotten out of the shower. I applied it first before my primer, then after my foundation, then again after my face powder and eye makeup was on (so 3 separate spray times) and I decided that I loved it. UNFORTUNATELY, after about a week of using it I developed little red bumps (not acne) all over my face. I am not kidding you, over 50 of them and I was devastated. I obviously immediately returned it. I am thinking I was sensitive to the silicone in it, because I don't see what else could have aggravated my skin. So if you have oily skin, I say try it because it definitely works, but watch for red bumps because they took about 2 weeks to get rid of!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I've been using De-Slick for about a month now, after hearing so much hype over it. I never used a setting spray prior to purchasing this. I have very oily skin, and I tend to sweat quite easily in warm temperatures, so my makeup would always come off after a few hours. I hoped that this would control my oil.

Honestly, I can't say that I've noticed a significant difference in how oily I get throughout the day. Maybe my oiliness goes down slightly, but for the price of $30, I don't think this product is worth trying at all. I was really disappointed. I even started to use a powder that contains an anti-presperant, and even with that, there isn't much of a difference to me. Perhaps people with less oily skin would benefit from De-Slick, but I just don't think it works for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ShakiraShakira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really really oily skin (foundation gets oily after a couple of hours) and I was hoping that this would help to control my oil and set my make up. Sadly it does neither. The spray makes my make up look oily and dewy, a look I definitely don't want and does absolutely nothing for my oil control. It doesn't set my make up either so I still end up with make up on everything. And on top of all of that it's not cheap. Will not be buying again,

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by roksee22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product, but alas I don't. I do have a very oily t-zone area, this does absolutely nothing for me. It's as if I didn't even spray my face with anything. It might work for someone else. I think it's overpriced and it didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is such a good product, it is a must have item.
I have oily skin and since I can remember have used so many different things to try to ease it. I have tried lotions, creams and powders. When I saw this I was weary of it as it looked like too good to be true. However I've used it every day and I no longer need to top my make-up up during the day.
It gives my skin a matte airbrushed finish - I'm delighted with the results :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupcam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a combination/oily skin so I've started using makeup setting spray a few months ago. I first bought the NYX matte finish setting spray and it was a great deal for the quality VS price.

Then I decided to upgrade to the UD de-slick one thinking it would do a better job because of the higher quality. I was wrong. All this product does is to keep your make-up in place (as all the setting sprays) but do not help at all to control to oil of my skin! Just as if i've had put nothing on.

Very disappointed because it is so expensive and over-rated.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ndasilva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been testing and playing with this product for two months...it's one I want to love but just can't seem to. I've scoured this thread for different application techniques- from applying it in between layers of makeup, to just before, to just after, to applying it completely alone with no makeup...and I can successfully say that this product is not for me. I have combination/oily skin, and have never really considered myself a truly oily skin type until I've been using this. I feel that this is actually increasing the oil in my skin.

I was so excited to try this product and forked over the CAD $30 for it too, and I will not be re-purchasing this. There are so many positive reviews out there for this spray, but unfortunately it did not work for me. The pretty packaging is nice, and hopefully I can find something to re-fill the bottle with as it is a nice sized bottle and has a great nozzle too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by bracelet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really oily skin and this stuff works great, but the trick is you need to spray multiple layers (I usually do 3-4 layers) for it to work. Basically it's just a setting spray and it totally locks your makeup in.

Tips:
- Spray layers between your makeup steps, making sure each layer dries before you move on (eg. Moisturize/prime then spray one layer before your foundation. Spray another layer before you apply powder. Spray 2-3 layers to set)
- Make sure you are happy with your foundation/concealer before you spray as this WILL set your makeup and it will not budge. I accidentally "locked" black eyeshadow fall out on my face and it was a pain to remove…
- You won't look completely matte and it might be interpreted as dewy/oily/shine. I find that if I do start showing some oil, I only need to touch up with powder once and I am good to go
- Some people might find this making their face feel tight but that is just the setting spray locking your makeup in

Overall this has been the best thing that I have found for my oily skin… usually I get oily within 1-2 hours and after using this I only need to touch up once in a 8 hour workday and my foundation doesn't look cakey or faded at all. Only gripe is that I might need to repurchase this often because I spray so many layers on my face but oh well. Definitely worth a try for oily skinned girls.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I live in the South, and I purchased this in the beginning of June, so what perfect time to see if this helps with oil control due to how HOT it gets down here in the summer!! I immediately sprayed it once I left and walked around all day, the next day, and the day after to test it out. Guys, this product does NOTHING with oil control! It helped set my makeup well so that's the only reason it gets 2 stars, but I was really disappointed with how poor of a job it did with "oil control". When I spray it on me it actually makes my face look shiny! WTF?! Not repurchasing, wouldn't recommend to anyone.