October 2, 2014 | 1181 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ndasilva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been testing and playing with this product for two months...it's one I want to love but just can't seem to. I've scoured this thread for different application techniques- from applying it in between layers of makeup, to just before, to just after, to applying it completely alone with no makeup...and I can successfully say that this product is not for me. I have combination/oily skin, and have never really considered myself a truly oily skin type until I've been using this. I feel that this is actually increasing the oil in my skin.

I was so excited to try this product and forked over the CAD $30 for it too, and I will not be re-purchasing this. There are so many positive reviews out there for this spray, but unfortunately it did not work for me. The pretty packaging is nice, and hopefully I can find something to re-fill the bottle with as it is a nice sized bottle and has a great nozzle too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by bracelet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really oily skin and this stuff works great, but the trick is you need to spray multiple layers (I usually do 3-4 layers) for it to work. Basically it's just a setting spray and it totally locks your makeup in.

Tips:
- Spray layers between your makeup steps, making sure each layer dries before you move on (eg. Moisturize/prime then spray one layer before your foundation. Spray another layer before you apply powder. Spray 2-3 layers to set)
- Make sure you are happy with your foundation/concealer before you spray as this WILL set your makeup and it will not budge. I accidentally "locked" black eyeshadow fall out on my face and it was a pain to remove…
- You won't look completely matte and it might be interpreted as dewy/oily/shine. I find that if I do start showing some oil, I only need to touch up with powder once and I am good to go
- Some people might find this making their face feel tight but that is just the setting spray locking your makeup in

Overall this has been the best thing that I have found for my oily skin… usually I get oily within 1-2 hours and after using this I only need to touch up once in a 8 hour workday and my foundation doesn't look cakey or faded at all. Only gripe is that I might need to repurchase this often because I spray so many layers on my face but oh well. Definitely worth a try for oily skinned girls.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I live in the South, and I purchased this in the beginning of June, so what perfect time to see if this helps with oil control due to how HOT it gets down here in the summer!! I immediately sprayed it once I left and walked around all day, the next day, and the day after to test it out. Guys, this product does NOTHING with oil control! It helped set my makeup well so that's the only reason it gets 2 stars, but I was really disappointed with how poor of a job it did with "oil control". When I spray it on me it actually makes my face look shiny! WTF?! Not repurchasing, wouldn't recommend to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to use MACs m/u setting spray until I found this at Nordstrom Rack and decided to try it. I have fallen in Love with Urban Decay products and everything that the company stands for in regards to animal cruelty. I use this product primarily to waken my face up, make it feel fresh and set it. I like the way it makes my face feel cool and clean and makes my makeup look better. It makes my liquid and powder foundation look flawless/natural and it brightens my eye shadow. I don't notice any difference with my oil production. I wouldn't say this is my HG setting spray since I might try other ones, but if I saw a good deal on this product I would def repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by TeeTeeRarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product actually ADDS shine to my face! Hate that. I finally figured out how to get that flawless nude look and it was perfect.... until I sprayed this on! I had to put Ben Nye powder ON TOP of this to try and control the shine. Not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by makeupmumsi

First half of the product it works well for me as I didn't have to powder my oil/shine away for a good 6+ hours. I've noticed lately now that I'm past half of usage that it doesn't work as well as it did in the beginning. I have shine breakouts after about 2 hours. Not sure if my skin has simply gotten used to it? I use it for when I'm at work so I wouldn't be inconvenienced by touching up every other hour. About the spray, it does disburse evenly, I spray 3x about 8" - 10" from my face and immediately fan to dry, and it has lasted me a good 2.5 months. I like it but I may need to take a break from it and start up again eventually because I think my skin has gotten so used to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by zoidal123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this product with mineral powder makeup, which I find can look a little too matt on its own. I do find that it helps the staying power of that sort of makeup too, but I don't see so much of a difference with my liquid foundation so I usually skip it on those days. Overall I'll probably repurchase but I'll probably try the All Nighter version next.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Wish I would have consulted with MUA reviewers before splurging on this product! It pretty much sucks.
....face palm...

A little background: Combo-oily skin here that's highly sensitive and I suffer from oil breakthrough after about two hours (if not sooner) of wearing foundation, lucky me!

Blotting sheets and pressed powder seem to do the trick in removing the grease prob on my skin once it happens, but I was interested in trying this to see if I could prevent "oilies" altogether. I for one, would love not to blot my face all damn day! Sign me up!

My first impression of De-slick Oil-Control spray is it's very "wet" feeling and the nozzle sprays the product rather unevenly. It smells medicinal and mentholated as well, which I strongly dislike. Sure enough...after applying my foundation and putting another layer of this on top of my face; I felt itchy and looked oilier than usual...very strange.

I gave this 1 star because it doesn't break me out, which is a huge plus! But I find it doesn't do anything to prevent oil or keep me less shiny throughout the day--I still have to blot my face after two hours which completely defeats the purpose of using this product. I'm not going to add an additional step to my makeup routine if it just sits on top of my skin doing nothing...sadly, my skin also feels very itchy and uncomfortable after using this spray. I have tried it a few times now and end up washing my face & starting all over because I can't stand the feeling of it on my skin.

Into the makeup junkyard this goes...not a fan at all! You're better off with a good setting powder and blotting papers imo:-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I still get oil breakthrough when I use this but this does help. I decided to try this after having success with All Nighter. I can't really tell the difference between the two on my skin. I would happily repurchase either one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not sure what to think of this product. I used to use it all the time and I thought it helped with my oil. I eventfully ran out and didn't repurchase for awhile. Then after having not using it I realized my oil level was about the same. My skin has been getting much less oily lately so not sure if my skin was just in a transition stage or if this really didn't do much. Either way it is nice not to feel the need to buy this again.