Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

on 3/16/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm still trying to figure this product out. I have extremely oily skin all year round. I use matte foundations, primers, and setting powders that still don't keep me matte all day. I thought that maybe this product would be the icing on the cake, but I still find myself getting oily after a few hours. I still continue to use this product because it prevents my makeup from looking too cakey and it does help keep my makeup stay in place.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Omg, I think I may have *finally* found my HG oil control product! I have been through the wringer with so many mattifying products, mostly powders and a few primers, and they have mostly flunked the test, unable to keep my face matte even to noon or thereabouts. This product on the other hand is a true gem in a field saturated with mostly wannabes. I just happened to try it out finally after running out of my last mattifier, which was Rouge Bunny Rouge's Metamorphoses Mattifying Primer. I've had a 0.51 oz. deluxe sample size of De-Slick tucked away for some time, I guess, but because my attention was always taken up with one mattifying powder/primer or another, I never gave this one much thought. Until now. Now I am so psyched and overjoyed that I've actually run out of the RBR primer! Otherwise, I never would have thought of trying De-Slick and giving it a chance.

It's very easy to use De-Slick. Before applying any makeup to my face, I spray it along my t-zone, and on the tops of my cheeks/temples, using about 5 sprays in all (the instructions suggest 2-4 sprays, but of course that's no hard and fast rule; adjust accordingly as needed!). Then I let it dry down, waiting a minute or two. Once it dries, you can apply your makeup as usual. And never does it feel tight or dry or uncomfortable! That is probably the best part of the De-Slick spray experience - it just feels natural, clean and healthy. You never feel as if there's a mask on your face sucking any and all moisture and life right out. It's absolutely amazing.

As mentioned before, the bulk of mattifiers that I've tried in the past have nonetheless led to oily breakthrough by noon, or shortly after. And when I say 'oily breakthrough,' I mean at least 80 to 90 percent of my face would have a moderate to intense sheen of oil sitting there. Not so with De-Slick! Omg, once again. If indeed there is any oil to be found on my face by the early afternoon, it's insanely minimal. To determine the extent of midday shine while using De-Slick, I blotted my face with a tissue and I'd say the amount of oil found on the tissue was very slight. Normally, I'd have produced enough oil by early afternoon when using any other mattifying product that I could have supplied a deep fryer with the oil output from my face. The miracle of De-Slick is that it works, it's long-lasting (very much so!), and it even feels good on the skin.

I'm aware that Skindinavia actually manufactures De-Slick and all the other setting sprays for Urban Decay and that it's in fact cheaper to buy Skindinavia's sprays, which I've already done because I don't want to risk running out of this awesome mattifier and becoming an uncomfortable and unsightly greaseball once again. I love you, De-Slick! Please don't ever go the way of extinction.

I can't wait to see how it's going to perform during the hot and disgustingly humid months of NYC summer.

on 2/7/2015 11:12:00 PM

this is such a great product! I have such oily skin & being in a tropical climate does not help. I could blot my face 3 times throughout the day & it wld still be oily at night. I bought the travel size product & will be purchasing the full sized one! With this, I did not hv to blot my face throughout the day at ALL.

on 2/3/2015 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have really oily skin. By mid morning I am an oil field and recently it had been getting really bad. I bought this ages ago & never used it then I was cleaning & found it last week. Finally, I can make it all day without having the makeup slide into my eyes before lunch. For me, this has fixed a real issue. Now I started using Maybelline's Baby Skin Pore Eraser at the same time too but so far this combo has helped me when I had lost all hope. I use Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Moisturizer then the primer, spray de-slick, I use Clinique BB cream & sometimes Mac Studio Fix powder foundation then spray de-slick and I am good for hours without having to worry about a touch up.

on 1/28/2015 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've bought this a few times now because I think it's worth buying it for me personally it holds my makeup up pretty well mostly all day during my 12 hour shift. I've had people asking what special makeup I wear as it stays put all day long... This is my secret. Maybe not so secret as I pass it onto the younger girls at work that are still learning about makeup. Totally recommend for oily skin.

on 1/23/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Good makeup setting spray but I don't think it's any better than cheaper brands at keeping oil away. I use the L'oreal or E.L.F. setting spray for everyday use and I just can't see the difference to justify price.

on 1/23/2015 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought it after using the Urban Decay All nighter setting spray, and wanted to try this for my oily skin. I use this setting spray everyday after finishing doing my makeup. It gives my complection a smooth look and it actually does help keeping the makeup in place. It also helps the skin not look "powdery". The bottle is quite big and it lasts forever. I think I only used up 1 1/2 bottles in an entire YEAR!

on 1/17/2015 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm on the fence with this product. At first I thought it made me look even oilier, but then I realised you need to be a bit careful about how much to spray on. It didn't really make me oiler, just slightly sticky? I first started about with about 3 full spritzes but now I try and do 2 gentle spritzes to try and cover my whole face. It really doesn't do much for oil control (I get oily really quickly, about 2 hours after applying makeup) but I can see my makeup lasting substantially longer than usual. Not blown away, but a good-ish setting spray. Won't really repurchase due to the price, and I think I can get the same results with the much cheaper nyx matte setting spray.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This setting spray has worked well with a ton of foundations, primers and concealers, and has never caused me any problems. It's pricey but IMO worth the cost if you want to make sure your makeup looks great all day long. I would apply after primer and then once again after I'd finished my entire face. It has held up through my wedding, oily days and in heat/humidity.

on 1/9/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I can't go a day without this stuff, really helps all my makeup settle onto the skin and keeps my makeup on my face all day long without looking greasy. You get a huge bottle for what you pay for, my face drinks this up and it lasts so long. I notice a huge difference with how my makeup wears throughout the day when I dont use this stuff. Highly recommend.

I have oily/combo skin