March 1, 2015 | 1777 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Liquid Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Chanel1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this foundantion horrible the shades are a horrible match can't find my undertone and its to thick of a product I like light to medium coverage so I can build it up and it like makes my skin feel super oily and oxidizes on my skin I don't recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Patoonces

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Just returned the It Cosmetics foundation and concealer/highlighter that the sales woman at Ulta pushed on me. I just hated it, everything about it. Kept reading up on drugstore brands and bought this and matched it up to the It bottle for a color match before I returned (this is the hardest part of drugstore sh opping, how do you try on?). I absolutely love it so far! Nice natural finish, not matte or dewy to any extreme, somewhere in the middle. I have very dry skin and so far hasn't caked up on me. It sinks right in and disappears. Doesn't seem to rub off at work and I wear a surgical mask a lot of the day. Absolutely love it! Bought this and the Match Perfection and adore both equally!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sloesch14

I have been buying this foundation for as long as I can remember.... for the price and quality you really can't beat it. It isn't oily or too thin or thick and provides great coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Dollface02501

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my HG foundation for a really long time, it gives good covrage, nice finish and last a long time on my skin.
Im on my third bottle now and i still love it, i have over 30 foundations in my draw at the moment.
I love to try new foundations but a always stray back to this one, good priced and good quality like all the rimmel foundation i have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by chloevic

Now I'm not too sure about the 25 hour part, but one thing I do know is, I love this foundation. I currently use the shade 103 True Ivory and I find it is a near perfect match. Although I have neutral undertones, I find it can look slightly too pink on my neck, but perhaps that's just me. I find this foundation very blendable, and with a pump and a half it gives me that not-quite-medium-but-not-quite-full coverage I desire. It definitely covers all my traces of redness and blemishes very well, and I get many compliments when wearing this foundation out during the day and the evening.

As for lasting power, I find that this foundation stays fairly well through an average 8-10 hour day, however being in Australia, I do find that the summer heat mixed with my glasses does create a very slipy-slidey nose area. Even with primer, my foundation tends to stay everywhere but the bridge of my nose. I also find that even with constant blending around that area, there is always transfer onto my frames in the nose area, sometimes even around the eyes too which is a real shame. However on other problem areas such as my forehead and chin, the foundation does not budge, and it stays incredibly well on the rest of my face too.

Read my full review here:

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by KGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been searching high and low for a long-lasting foundation that wouldn't settle in my 53-year-old fine lines and that would give me a dewy finish (I am SO over mineral foundation!!). I tried several high-end products but gave this a try because of the positive reviews on MUA. This honestly is an HG product for me. Coverage is medium, buildable to full - but still looks like skin. I think the best part is that it covers my undereye circles so much better than any concealer I've ever used, and it doesn't budge OR settle into my fine lines! If I'm doing full makeup, I finish it with Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder and mist with MUFE Mist & Fix (another HG for me). But it's great on its own without powder. I'm quite fair and use shade 100.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my first foundation ever! Even though I've tried many other foundations, from drugstore brand to high-end brands, I've stayed using this one since! It's very good value for starters, and it also blends well and ends with a soft satin finish. I find that it gets a little greasy even on my dry skin, so I need to pat it down with a bit of pressed powder and use primer beforehand. After that, it's pretty heat-resistant and lasts a long time! I wouldn't say that it's "25 hours" as claimed, but it seems to last a good 8-10 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by rap1016

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say I am really surprised at how much I really like this foundation! They do need a little more variety of colors for darker tones, but I have been mixing with a darker shade of MAC face & body foundation and it is working out great. The coverage is medium/full using a blending wedge and it really does last longer than others I have tried. I'm definitely going to buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have bought several tubes of this stuff and realize that I now need to write a review! This is probably one of the few medium-full coverage foundations offered at the drug store that are suitable for my skin type (normal-dry). It is a water-based foundation so I avoid using a brush with this formula. I place a dab on my finger tips and apply directly to my face. It provides good coverage which lasts a long time. I can't say for sure if it lasts 25 hours since I don't wear my makeup that long but when I come home from work my foundation still looks great. I've even had people ask me if I retouch my makeup at work since it lasts so well. A few downsides: it oxidizes like crazy. I actually gave up on this foundation for a while until I decided to start wearing it with a foundation primer. Since then, I haven't had any problems so just be aware. Also, it is heavily scented so if you are sensitive to smells, this may be a deal breaker. The shade selection is so-so. I wear NC20 in MAC foundation and the True Ivory matches me perfectly in the Match Perfection foundation. In this one, I mix the True Ivory and a tad of the Soft Beige to create a good match. Or I just wear the True Ivory and add an extra bit of bronzer powder afterwards to even things out. Finally, not all of the drugstores in my area stock this foundation so I have to make sure and stock up at the ones that do. It runs around $8 so I try and take advantage of BOGO 50% off sales when they're happening. I hope this helps!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by OneEvening

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The one I bought was in the glass bottle with the red lid, I'm pretty sure they are the same product though.

I bought this to try and find a foundation that lasts through my 8 and a half hour shifts at work. I decided to give this one a try, and I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out. When I put my makeup on I try to get the oil off my face, I've been trying green tea bags and that seems to work well (it sounds well but it's apparently a good toner), then I used a silicone based primer, as this foundation is silicone based. I think some people may find it a little harder to find a colour that matches, I'm pretty sure I've found lighter colours in the Match Perfection range. I bought 2 bottles of the 2 lightest shades and mixed them together.

I did find the consitency to be a little strange, maybe it was just me, but it seemed more sticky than other foundations I've used, it is better to use a wet sponge I've found to get it to apply/blend better. Even after having it on for a little while it still felt the same way so I put on a little bit of powder over the top to get rid of the feeling (I use Maybelline Fit Me). I am guessing the consistency has something to do with what makes the foundation last longer.

I have a few lines on my face where my makeup creases, I have found that the creases have definitely reduced with this foundation quite a bit. And I have definitely found that it lasts a lot better than other foundations. I wouldn't say it has 100% staying power, but I found about 80-90%. In saying that I work in a pet store where I can sometimes be active, and it does get a bit warmer, so if you're doing a job that is less... sweaty... or even a different skin type, then it may last even better. But I'm quite happy with the results of it and I will definitely buy it again.