July 25, 2014 | 1073 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

After spending way too much money on high end foaming facial cleansers I finally found one in this product that works wonderfully for a reasonable amount of money! I cannot emphasize enough how good this is compared to the price. This cleanser makes my face feel very clean and yet somewhat hydrated and the size of the container is significant so you get a lot for your few dollars. I have repurchased several times and will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

I am on my 2nd bottle of this face wash. It is the most amazing product ever, better than that Olay product I gave up on like 3 years ago. My acne has cleared up a lot, and it washes the dirt out of my skin without the tightness. It is da-bomb!!! I totally love every other product that they have, especially their shampoos. If this stays until my generation comes, she will totally use this and hopefully fall in love with it the same way I did! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by faeriesmak2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ugh. I have very dry skin in Winter and combo in Summer. I bought this thinking that it would be great to use in Winter. I had been using Philopsophy Purity made Simple with my Clarisonic. The Garnier product dried my skin out HORRIBLY. I only used it two days and developed dry patches of skin where I normally tend to get dry. My skin felt tight and dry right after rinsing. Terrible product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This actually sucks out the moisture in my skin and is a bit harsh. It is very good at removing makeup, but it doesnt moisturize my skin enough. I going to finish the tube by using this to shave my legs. The name Moisture Rescue is very misleading!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by NaomiHa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I paid $5 for this product

If it came in a pump I would give it a 5, but the way the product is use is still sanitary.

I love Garnier products and is always trying out their products since none of their products makes me break out (however it is a hit or miss on the drying side)

6 months ago I bought the Nutritioniste Skin Renew The Brusher Gel Cleanser (I have a review on this product) the product didnt work for me so 3 months ago I bought Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleansing Foam, and love this product.

I find it not drying and works perfectly. No breakouts, or dry patchy skin. It left my skin feeling clean and soft.

I use this in the morning and night everyday, and I still have a lot of product left. It last really long and if you do your math of how much you basically spent on this product you find that this product is well worth your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by janejp

Nice texture, lather, and smell, but broke me out after about 3 uses. Every facial cleanser seems to just make things worse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for about a month now. Reading all the reviews here somehow makes me think if I have been using the same product. But then I double checked the name and package and I am sure it is indeed the same product.

In term of cleaness, i think it does a pretty good job of removing dirts and makeup. However, this product actually makes my face tight after rinse it all off. It is suppose to be a moisture rescue product and I bought this because my previous gel cleanse was drying me out.

Well, the dryness and tightness disappeared after I use my toner but still, I was hoping for a heavier cleanser to use during the harsh winter time here. I used Clairins cleansing milk for combo/oily skin together with the toner last winter and that was truly a cleanser which did not dry my skin out at all.

My dilimma here is if I want that squaky feeling of clean afterward, i would always feel tight and dry. But if i do not feel anything abnormal after rinse, I would think that i did not wash the cleanser off completely.

I will probably finish the tube off because in terms of cleaness, it does a good job. But my search for a gentle yet effective cleanser is still on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
lathers
fresh subtle scent
removes my makeup without drying my skin

Cons:
stings (badly) when you get it in your eyes
packaging is okay... nothing special

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by BalsamandAmbrosia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never thought about buying Garnier skin care products until i was almost out of my Olay cleanser and I was like 'Olay really doesn't have any good cleansers for a 20 year old girl that has combination skin and needs a daily exfoliator'. Most of Olays cleansers are 'anti-aging' 'de-aging' '55 year old wanting 25 year old skin cleanser' 'youthful renewal'. So I just sort of gave up on Olay's cleansers. Now I do use their moisturizers, but their cleansers don't compare to garniers (at least in my opinion).

Ingredients include:
714558 01 aqua water, palmitic acid, myristic acid, lauric acid, potassium hydroxide, stearic acid, peg-7 glyceryl cocoate, sodium cocoam-phoacetate, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, peg-150 distearate, glycerin, dmdm hydantoin, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, benzyl salicylate, linalool, propylparaben, parfum/fragrance, pyrus malus/apple fruit water, disodium edta, butylparaben, cetyl hydroxyethelcellulose, vitis vinifera/grape fruit extract, bht, butylphenyl methylpropional, sodium chloride, F.I.L. C25707/1

I am going to honestly admit, and to my own personal dissatisfaction, I am not truly informed about what all of those ingredients mean. Besides glycerin, water, and a few others, most of these ingredients I haven't even heard of. So my review is (as most other reviewers will fail to mention) biased according to my usage of the product, not my knowledge of its ingredients. Which is a bit sad if you think about it. So many women these days buy products that catch their eye as being a good product for their skin's needs and they think it might help their skin function better or stay smoother and cleaner, but do we really know whats in our products? Just some food for thought.
Well anyway beyond my rant, I think its important to include an ingredients list at least if anyone wants to dispute my review, or at least for someone who is interested in using hte product, and has never tried it before and wants to know what exactly is in it.

Okay time for the review:

This cleanser is said to deep clean and detoxify (as in remove the toxins?) and eliminates impurities and moisturizes. I have been using this for a several months now and I can truly say that when I use it in the morning my skin feels so good. Its clearn and its exfoliated, but its not dry or overly tight. (another reason why I choose to stop using Olay's cleansers, the Olay exfoliater is sooo drying!). It definitely is moisturizing, but it doesn't make your skn overly oily either (which is great for normal/combination skin types, like myself). If there was ever a product that I would want to use for the rest of my life, this would be it.

I would recommend this product for normal, normal/combination, and normal/dry skin types. I would not recommend this product to oily and very oily skin types.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by dsmith81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 9 months now and I have to say I really like it. I have combination skin (very very very very dry cheek/temples, and a pretty oily forehead and chin). I find it really cleans my face well without drying my skin out or leaving it too oily. It thoroughly removes make up (I always wash my face twice when I have make up on to make sure my pores really get cleansed) and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. I also love it because of the price...I'm a splurger when it comes to make up, skin care, and hair care products, but I find that this works better for me than any of the more expensive face cleansers I've tried.

Overall I would recommend this.

**note i am not prone to break outs...I've never had more than 4 or 5 pimples on my face at a time and I find most of my acne comes from hormonal changes.